All Comments on 'The Human Condition Ch. 11'

by jfinn

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just...absolutely stunning!

How is it I have not read this story before? I have been a fan of the M/M story for awhile now, and have read all the good ones, so I thought, until I stumbled across this one last night. 7 hours of reading later, I collapsed in sleep at 5:30am, only to wake up, and ditch church, of all places(!), to finish. And just, wow. I am speechless. This story series made me cry so hard (in both sad and happy ways) I don't think my eyes will look normal even a week from now. Loved how each new chapter started with present day, and we got to see Mike and Joe today, and how everything has worked out, but damn, the 10 chapter emotional ride to get us there was just something else. I don't think I've ever been so happy that 2 characters ended up together, but yet so sad that I won't be spending more time with them. Thank you so much for a fantastic read. Cannot express how much this story moved me!!! --pentopaper (just not logged in :)

MalecManiacMalecManiacabout 9 years ago
MORE! MORE! MORE!

So wonderful! It CAN't be finished! I want MORE! MUCH MORE! Please?

NotreallyblondeNotreallyblondealmost 9 years ago
Loved it, loved it, loved it

By far my favourite story on here. I loved the little glimpse of life 10 years on at the start of each chapter and that there was an actuall story to tell, with characters that you could love and hate. Would you please come back and write some more, did Joe and Mike get married?? Did Joe have the children he wanted?? What was the response from family and friends??

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fantastic

One of the best love stories I have ever read. Although, I seriously wished we could have seen the reaction of the friends at the end.

Jcl6845Jcl6845about 8 years ago

I love your writing!

ArgonnisArgonnisabout 8 years ago
Beautiful

Such a beautiful story I had a few sniffles but I loved it

curious_123curious_123almost 8 years ago
Choosing to believe...

I really enjoyed that this story is written as a flashback, and knowing they will be together in the end. I just wish I knew who was coming over to meet them, but I'm going to assume you left that for me and my imagination to decide who I wanted it to be.

So I'm choosing to believe that it's a very happily married, and beautifully pregnant Betsy and her husband coming to enjoy a day at Wriggly. It's all planned out in my head how it will go, but I am no writer and have a hard time translating my thoughts into words, so I'll leave it at that.

It was a lovely story and I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for you time & talent!

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 7 years ago
Wonderful, Wonderful

This was just a great, great story. Everything about it. There were times when I teared up at the emotion and times when I got very hard at the hot sex (not so easy at my age: mid-70's). The evil Elliott got his due and love won out with Mike & Joe. You have done a fabulous job and my only regret is that you aren't posting anymore.

7letcher7letcherover 7 years ago
I hope you keep on writing

This was wonderful. I really connect with the characters. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow

This has been such a great story. I almost cried so many times, and I can't believe that its over already.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 6 years ago
Always makes me cry

This story always makes me cry. I'm so sad that the author has disappeared.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is my 4th time reading this and for me it is the best story so far. Please have someone adapt this to film.

dagan732dagan732about 5 years ago
I honestly don't know

how many times I've reread this story but I always come back to it. It's one of the greats and always makes me feel a little hopeful. The Human Condition is a great title for it because it's brutally honest and despite that, it still has a happy ending lol. Thanks for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just Amazing

This story made me laugh, excited, and cry like a little bitch as I read it from start to finish over about 6 hours non stop. There are positive comments from every year for the past 16 years, and now I'm adding 2020 to that. Need I say more?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCHHHH. LOVE FROM 2021

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

Author! Author! A beautiful, heart-warming, heart-breaking story. I know I'll come back to read this series again and again. Thank you Jayne Finn, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was a well-written story but there are some elements and in the story as a whole that I just didn’t like at all. I don’t see the point of Mike’s graphic rape and how brutally torturous it was. If that was removed nothing would be lost, Joe could have still ran when Betsy caught them in an intimate moment (and Joe wouldn’t have seemed like such a complete asshole as he did for running out on Mike at that moment in his recovery). Mike and Cam would’ve still broken up as that was over before the night with Elliott (and Cam wouldn’t have seemed like a co-conspirator in Mike’s rape which made him unredeemable to me - and made Mike’s forgiveness of him truly unrealistic to me). And the pitiful three way moment with Kevin and Saul could have been avoided which would erase that total debacle from this story. I hated that during Mike’s first lovemaking with Joe, his thoughts were consumed with Elliot’s weight behind him and the panic it caused, with his topping of Saul and if (like Cam) Mike would always bottom for Joe, with a comparison of Joe’s and Cam’s penis sizes and how it hurt every time Cam’s huge dick entered him!! This isn’t romantic - it made the true love angle of this story backseat to all the seedier, sluttier elements of Mike’s past and really ruined the reading of their first time together. Plus the ending just stopped. Not much on actually how the couple navigated their lives, what happened next, or a real epilogue. Of course we knew they were happily together 10 years later, but never got closure on that either. Who were they meeting at the ballpark, did they marry, kids, are the people from the story still in their lives? It all just stopped and that was frustrating after so many chapters. Hoped for a better ending.

DonksterJDonksterJalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant…. Just a brilliant turn of events, sadistic on that one occasion, but an excellent account & story telling routine, half hard, crying… hard again

The different tenses, so well used.

A true favourite story on here.

justanotherspectatorjustanotherspectatorover 2 years ago

I found it bizarre and nice reading a story published when i was a 2-year-old kid with all the "acient " jokes and references. I love this series. The writing is bold and excellent.

filovebugfilovebugabout 2 years ago
Completely agree with Anonymous from 6/14/21

Like Anonymous said, I really liked parts of the story but some other parts were just irreconcilable with those parts. Mike was a lovely person that was easy to empathize with, and Lucy was a sweetheart. I really loved Joe as a character before the whole graphic r**e (which I agree did not feel necessary at all), but he soured so much on me when he abandoned his friend in his time of need for that. The way their romance was building before that was very sweet and tender and kept me reading, but that part…I just couldn’t get over that.

That plus the r**e changing the whole mood of the story for the worse (when other methods could have been used for Joe’s character development), Cam turning out to be a villain himself but never really getting his punishment for that, and the “friends” threesome that also did not feel necessary, I was just left with a sense of disappointment by the end.

Pitbull86Pitbull86about 2 years ago

I have to agree with the criticism. I just can't see Joe running away from someone who needs help and certainly not if it's Mike, no matter the circumstances. It feels like such a sudden character change. The story in general shifted into something I'm not the hugest fan of, beginning with the rape part. I don't like that at all and neither did I like Mike just forgiving Cam that easily, or the completely unnecessary three-way. It also ended kinda quick at the end there, after all that built-up it really needs an epilogue, at least.

--

Still even with all that I like the story overall. the first 5 chapters were fantastic and the writing in general is really good. and it was my first story I read here.

-

I know it will never happen, but if the rape was swapped with something different (I dunno, like being in a car accident in a remote place after a fight with Cam), Joe talking about his feelings after the scene in the bathroom, and not after running away into a different country for multiple months and chapters (which will remove that dumb 3-way) but in exchange adding a proper epilogue with reaction from friends and family (specifically Joe's) and their future and marriage, this could've been my favourite story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’v read a lot of top notch authors on this site and you are surely one of them. You are skilled at character development and know how to pull emotions out of readers. I loved the story. I must say though that Cam should not have been forgiven so easily as he could have helped with their search for Mike because he knew what Elliott was into. All in all though, well done.

Idunno02Idunno02over 1 year ago

I know this is a really old story, but I don’t understand what the hype from the previous comments are about. The first half of this story was excellent and it really reeled me in. The second half was disappointing. I think the biggest things for me were Joe leaving for so long (5 months!!!) and the threesome. When I got to the threesome chapter, I basically started losing interest. It devolved from a romance into some sort personal growth story and it made me lose massive respect for these characters. Joe leaving was understandable, him being going for so long was out of character. The final chapter left a lot to be desired too. It didn’t even seem like they fully reconciled and the final intimate scene made so many comparisons to previous exploits, that it was a turn off. I don’t even understand how people could read this multiple times.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous