All Comments on 'The Irrelevant Woman'

by optimizer888

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
FeotakahariFeotakaharialmost 12 years ago

You're a surprisingly good wordsmith--the structure of each sentence feels just right for the tone and the perspective. I'm not sure what the point of the story is, or whether I'm supposed to like or detest Mary, but that might be part of the message. I'll give it five stars, and recommend that you submit some less explicit stories to literary fiction magazines.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Quite different!!

Well written and a very interesting concept!!

Mistress_DodoMistress_Dodoalmost 12 years ago

That was awesome. I love the plot, your writing style is great. Just reading some of your other stories - keep it coming, I'll definately keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Top story

Really good, great idea, well explored, hope your write more and expand. Maybe she finds someone that can see her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
a fascinating read

a fascinating read ... very well done ........ thank you for the story :-)

renfrew_elitrenfrew_elitalmost 12 years ago
An author you are!

What a well executed story this is! You've done a great job with this idea, which is in itself an interesting take on the 'invisible person' genre, and have managed to marry it to erotica in a way that is both satisfying and unique.I hope hat you have more planned for this particular story line and look forward to reading your other submissions. Thanks for a great read!

InnuendosInnuendosalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic story

I'm probably showing my inner nerd here, but this reminds me of some of those story-intensive Dark Horse graphic novels about heroes or vigilantes who aren't quite so traditional, noble, or necessarily even nice. With words, you've painted a realistic picture of someone who's got what could be perceived as either a gift or a curse, and uses it in unconventional, but entirely human ways. I think it would take a strong person who otherwise doesn't exist to the naked eye not to take at least a short lurk on the pervy side.

Anyway, this is a good enough story to stand on its own, and it doesn't need a follow-up, but given your ability to paint an ordinary black and white world, and breathe spots of colorful character into it, I certainly will be quick to read it should you do one.

redskyesredskyesalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

I really enjoyed reading this story. The ending wrapped things up nicely, but i wouldn't complain if a sequel appeared. :) Well done!

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 11 years ago
Great Story

It was really great seeing how Mary slowly came to start accepting and embracing her new reality. That White Event seems to have a lot of potential in your hands.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 11 years ago
OOPS didn't finish

Sorry. Meant to comment on the fact that this seemed a little dates. Maybe it was that Mary was not at all knowledgeable about modern electronic but I would think that Cellphones, hotel card keys and video surveillance would would have made things a bit more difficult for her.

That is probably how the Greek guy from 'Reaching an Understanding' will track her down.

HukilauHukilaualmost 8 years ago
Wonderful - thought and jealousy provoking

A wonderful premise, very well written. Left me feeling happy for Mary and a little envious of her next adventures. Maybe once Mary remakes herself, she will become visible again and as highly valued as she wishes to be.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 7 years ago
This was quite interesting, there are many entertaining things she could do.

And if an occasion came up where she needed money she could just lift it. I can't think of what she would need it for except for a vending machine or to pass it under a hotel door. I would enjoy reading some more of her entertaining episodes.

SilverPlatedSilverPlatedabout 4 years ago
I waved back

This was the most interesting and unique story I’ve encountered here on literotica. I’m super thankful that you wrote and shared it and excited to read more of your work in the near future.

BravoZero44BravoZero44almost 3 years ago

very good, many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Exquisite work. I kept expecting her to run into Thame and get recruited for Scylla, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

oh, and for the people who said this feels a little dated - it's New Universe fanfic, so it's set in the late 1980s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous