The Journey Home Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He reached out his hand just as the DJ said her name, ”Would you like to dance, gorgeous?” he asked. Slightly embarrassed, but honored at the same time, Laura accepted Ben’s invitation and walked to the wooden dance floor with him. As the music played a warm glow surrounded Laura. The first time she ever heard that song it made her think of Ben and now she can hardly believe she’s dancing with him, melting into him as they move around the dance floor.

Ben and Laura remained on the dance floor for every slow song. As they danced, Ben held Laura close to him. She rested her head on his chest, as she breathed in his wonderful scent. There wasn’t any verbal communication during those dances, but the message Ben intended was without a doubt, delivered clearly as Laura melted into him. When the slow sets ended, Laura guided Ben back to her table. They each took turns listening to what the other had to say about their past and before they knew it, the sparks ignited the flame that never really went out between them.

”I wish you could get out of here now,” she mumbled under her breath, not realizing Ben could still understand her. A devilish grin spread instantly across his face and he stood, took her hand and led her outside. Before they reached the doors to the patio, Ben stopped between the bar and the kitchen doors; noticing a clean folded tablecloth on a stand he grabbed it and put it under his suit coat. Ben proceeded to lead Laura out the doors, across the patio and through the elaborate garden behind the hall. Laura walked as quickly as she could in her four-inch heels and form-fitted gown.

Laura pulled his hand back gently when she tried to remove her heels, but he just about dragged her through the garden and into the hedge maze. It wasn’t very tall, but it was quite large. Thankfully, there wasn’t anyone else outside. There was a chill in the air, but with the flames of desire rising between them, neither noticed the cold.

When Ben felt he had gone deep enough into the hedge he stopped; turned to face Laura and with both hands caressing her face, he pulled her into him for a passionate kiss. They kissed like they had never been apart all those years. Laura pulled from him slightly and with a heavy breath whispered, “Oh Ben I’ve missed you,” and then as quickly as she pulled away she returned his kisses once again.

Ben released her face to remove the linen from his jacket, shook it and tossed it to the ground. Luckily for him the tablecloth landed flat enough for him to push the corners with the toe of his shoe, which opened it enough to protect Laura’s gown when he would lay her on the ground.

Laura didn’t want to wait for Ben to get the linen perfect and she pulled him to the ground. “Oh God Ben, I can’t help myself tonight!” she said excitedly then continued. “I want you so much. I’ve wanted you for so long I don’t think I can wait any longer.”

Ben didn’t say a word; he just pressed his body against hers in a passionate caress then began sliding his hands about her body as she writhed against him. Ben paused suddenly and pulled back; telling her, “I don’t think I want to do this.” He bowed his head, staring at the ground. “I want you, but not like this, not here,” he concluded as he lifted Laura to her feet, his hands around her waist, his erection softening.

Laura looked at him with sadness in her eyes and in a seductive voice she pleaded, “Please Ben? I need you. I crave you. I have waited so long for you. Please?” She batted her eyes at him and that was all it took.

When he felt his erection come to life again, he bent Laura over right there, pulled her gown up over her back and pulled her panties off quickly. She lifted one foot and the garment fell to the ground. Ben fumbled with the zipper and button on his trousers, carefully pulling out his throbbing member. He slid it gently along the crack of Laura’s ass before bending his knees slightly to get the proper position to insert the head into her.

Laura pushed against him when she felt the tip stretch her opening and gasped when his entire shaft thrust into her. Ben grabbed her hips and slowly at first repeated the thrusting motion as her pussy coated his shaft and their movements were smooth as silk. Ben quickened the momentum to match Laura’s panting; the faster she panted the faster he pumped his shaft into her.

He felt her muscles tighten around him and her knees weaken. He tightened his grasp on her and increased the momentum once again causing her to peak then he would slow the pace as she regained her composure slightly. Ben continued this pattern for several minutes as he delivered orgasm after orgasm to Laura. Her breathing was out of control when Ben eventually peaked himself. He gave one last thrust deep into her and grunted, “Fuck, yessssssss baby, you are so tight. Arghhhhhh!” He remained inside of her as long as he could and her convulsing muscles milked him dry.

Laura could feel his breath against her back as he regained his composure. Once flaccid, his member slid from her instantly and she sighed heavily, not wanting him to stop just yet. Ben fastened his trousers, picked up the linen from the ground and wiped his semen from Laura where it had dribbled down her thigh as he planted soft kisses on her backside. He then bent over to pick up her panties, not handing them to her but putting them in his pocket and smiled devilishly at her as he pulled her in once more for a kiss that made her dizzy.

”What about my pan…?” Laura began to ask.

Ben silenced her with a finger to her lips, “shhh,” he whispered against her lips. “You’ll get these back sometime tonight or perhaps in the morning after we have breakfast in bed,” he said with a wink as they walked arm-in-arm back to the party.

^^^

Ben and Laura didn’t miss much and when they returned inside Suzie was just beginning to call all the single ladies up to the dance floor for the bouquet toss. Several women trotted onto the dance floor. Ben pushed Laura up to the side; she was hesitant. Suzie counted to three then, wham! Women were pushing each other trying to catch the flowers but Laura got them in the end.

It was Ben’s turn next. Joe had it planned ahead and told all his buddies and family members to let Ben get the garter if Laura got the flowers, so they did and when Joe tossed the garter, it fell right into Ben’s hand.

Suzie called Laura up on the floor and Ben had the pleasure of placing the garter on her thigh. He bent on one knee between her legs, winked and worked his hands up under her gown. It was then she remembered about her panties and she blushed. Ben smiled at her as his fingers grazed the moist curls. “Mmmm, this is even better without panties,” he whispered softly so only she could hear as he removed his arms from beneath her gown. Ben walked away smiling like a kid in a candy store escorting Laura back to her seat and kissing her cheek softly.

After the cutting of the cake the guests soon began to depart. At one A.M. the DJ played his last song of the evening. Ben and Laura danced close one last time, even after the music stopped they continued, only to be interrupted by the groom when he said, “Hey love birds, we’re outta here.”

Ben and Laura left the floor. Laura walked to the table to get her purse then Ben escorted her out to her car. Before she opened her door he asked, “Would you like to follow me or do you want me to drive tonight then bring you back here in the morning to get your car?”

Laura replied, “I think I’ll follow you so we don’t have to rush tomorrow and I won’t have to worry about my car sitting here with no one watching it,” as she leaned in and they shared a long, lingering kiss.

Ben and Laura spent the remainder of the weekend together in sexual encounters as well as catching up on other things. They discovered they didn’t live far from each other and began dating on a regular basis.

^^^

They dated for about eight months and Ben had secretly planned a romantic dinner for the two of them. He phoned Laura on Friday, “Hey Ben! What’s up? We’re still on for tomorrow, right?” Laura asked.

”We most certainly are, but there’s a change of plans.” He told her then continued. “I’d like you to wear your sexy little black dress. You know the one I love seeing you in. I’ll pick you up at six thirty sharp instead of eight o’clock like originally planned. Will that be okay for you?” Ben asked then awaited Laura’s response.

”Yes, I can make that work. I will take care of my errands today after work instead of tomorrow. I’ll be watching for you.” Laura replied then continued after a brief pause, “What have you got up your sleeve Ben?”

”I just want to take my best girl out for a nice dinner is all. Is that okay with you?” Ben replied. He continued before allowing Laura to answer. “I just think we both deserve a nice evening out once in a while and tomorrow will be that night. So I’ll see you then. I’m really looking forward to this, baby!”

”Okay! Me too, but if I’m going to be ready for you tomorrow, I must get busy right now.” Laura said excitedly. Before she hung up the phone she told Ben she loved him. He returned his love and the line went silent.

Ben scurried around confirming everything was in place for his big night with Laura. The next evening a limousine arrived at Ben’s door to pick him up. When Ben exited his house the driver already had the door of the limo opened for him. “Good evening sir,” the driver said as Ben approached. The two men shook hands and the driver continued to speak. “I’m Dominick, your driver for the evening; you can call me Nick.”

Dominick was a single man in his mid-forties. His dark brown hair in a crew cut style showed hints of gray. His uniform; a black tuxedo, white shirt and black bowtie made him look professional; his black driving cap made him look distinguished. He had been a chauffeur for the same limo company for the last fifteen years.

Ben sat nervously in the back seat; a red rose balanced on his knee. As Nick drove to Laura’s house, he and Ben chatted about everything from basketball to women. Ben told Nick all about the evening he had planned for Laura. “Sounds like you’re every woman’s dream there, Ben. She sure sounds like one very special lady too,” Nick added as he pulled up to Laura’s apartment building.

Nick turned off the engine and as he started to open his door Ben already had his door open and one foot on the ground, “I got this one Nick. Be back in a few,” Ben said as he walked up to the building.

Luckily for him a tenant was leaving as he arrived and he gained entrance without having to ring Laura’s bell. His timing was perfect; he knocked on the door precisely at six thirty and when she opened it he stepped back in awe.

Laura stood there in his favorite little black dress, her hair pulled up and secured with a simple clip with white pearls. Laura’s dress was a spaghetti strap style that hung close to her body with a slight flair at the hem, slightly longer in the back than the front. The bodice was designed to accentuate her breasts. Laura accessorized her dress with a simple strand of pearls, given to her by her mother, black stockings and her favorite black pumps.

”Oh baby! You’re a knockout tonight!” Ben said; handing her a single long stemmed red rose. He leaned in to give her a sweet kiss that went a little overboard when she pressed her body against his.

He broke the kiss hesitantly, held out his arm for her and she put her arm around his. “We had better get going now,” Ben said as he escorted her to the waiting limousine.

As they walked Laura told Ben how handsome he looked. Ben wore a black pinstriped suit with a soft white shirt and a red tie. “Oh my!” Laura said amazed, “You even took the time to shine your shoes!”

”Only the best for you baby.” Ben said as they approached the limo.

”Oh my God Ben, this is too much!” Laura whispered as the chauffeur opened their door, helped her in first and then closed it after Ben situated himself in the seat.

It wasn’t a huge limo, but it was a very nice one. The lights along the sides of the interior gave it a romantic ambience. Ben reached for the bottle of wine and two glasses, poured a glass and handed it to Laura then poured himself a glass before returning the bottle to the ice bucket.

Ben gazed into Laura’s eyes and said as he raised his glass, “Here’s to the best night of our lives so far.” Laura raised her glass to his and as the rims clinked Ben said, “I love you so much Ms. Laura Habernack,” his eyes never leaving hers.

Laura kept touching the leather on the seats as they were driven to the restaurant. She was beginning to get very nervous. Again she whispered, “This is too much Ben,” as she leaned into him and gave him a tender kiss.

The limo pulled into the parking lot of Mr. Paul’s Chop House. Nick left the engine running as he got out and walked around to the passenger’s side to open the door. Ben exited first; as he was sitting closest to the door then he leaned into the limo and reached for Laura’s hand, helping her out. Nick closed the door behind Laura and then stepped around her and Ben to open the door to the restaurant. After Ben and Laura entered he returned to the limo, driving it around the corner of the restaurant to wait for them to finish dinner.

The restaurant was cozy, yet romantic. Candles on each table provided the only light for the dining area. Fresh cut flowers adorned each table and a pianist tickled the ivories, setting the mood with soft, romantic music playing in the background.

Ben reserved the table beside the stone fireplace and made a special request that no one be seated at the three tables surrounding his. He told the hostess that he would pay for those tables if he had to, but the hostess said she didn’t see a problem with his request and told him not to worry, they would have the privacy he desired.

Laura wasn’t much of a drinker but tonight she felt relaxed and quite flirty so she asked Ben to order her a drink when the waiter came by. Ben had already taken care of the drinks when he made the dinner reservations, ordering the finest bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. The waiter brought two wine glasses and the bottle of wine. He poured Ben a glass to taste and after Ben nodded his acceptance the waiter poured Laura a glass as well.

Ben was hesitant, but ordered for both of them. He told the waiter, “The lady and I will start off with the Caesar salad for two, and then we will have the Petite Filet Mignon and Shrimp with baked potato and the soup of the day.” Ben said, pausing briefly to take a sip of his wine.

”Will that be all sir?” the waiter asked, still holding the pen, ready to write again.

”For dessert you can bring us the pastry tray.” Ben said with a wink to the waiter.

Something was going on, but what was to come had never entered her mind. After all, they had only been dating for eight months. The appetizer and dinner were served. They chatted while they ate, enjoying their meals and the company of each other. They pushed their plates aside, waiting for dessert. The waiter cleared the dinner dishes then returned with a lavish array of pastries. Ben knew what she would choose first when he made his final plan of the evening.

When Laura stared at the tray for several moments; Ben was getting nervous thinking she wouldn’t choose her favorite this time. Laura began to pick one pastry up, but she put it back down and finally chose her favorite, a petite cannoli. When she removed it from the tray she grabbed the paper cup it rested in as well. She put the paper cup on her plate then removed the cannoli; bringing it up to her mouth she took a small bite. She closed her eyes when she chewed it. When she went to put it back on her plate, she looked down and dropped her pastry in her lap.

Her eyes began to water and she felt her face begin to flush. To her surprise an engagement ring rested in the bottom of the paper pastry cup. Ben picked the ring up as he stood. He walked around to Laura’s side of the table, bent down on one knee and took her left hand in his.

As he placed the ring on her finger he said, “Laura, my love; it has taken us too long already to become one. I fell in love with you when I saw you walk down the aisle at your sister’s wedding, but was afraid you didn’t feel what I felt. I fell in love with you again at Joe and Suzie’s wedding last spring. I don’t want another minute to pass by with out you as my wife.” Ben paused briefly as he kissed her hand then continued, “Laura, will you marry me?” He finally asked, his voice shaky.

Ben waited on bended knee for Laura’s answer as the wait staff watched secretly in the background. “Yes! Oh God, Yes I will marry you, Ben!” Laura whispered with an excitement in her voice that the wait staff could see through her expression.

”She said yes!” was the buzz of the restaurant staff as they returned to their respective duties.

Ben paid the check and gave the waiter a handsome tip for a perfect night. Ben assisted Laura with her chair then turned to pick up the remaining pastries the waiter placed in a carry out container. When Ben and Laura walked outside, she pulled him close to her and gave him the most romantic kiss she could muster. Ben returned her kiss, placing his free hand on the back of her head, pulling her even closer as they waited for Nick.

After Ben and Laura were seated in the limo, Nick situated himself in the driver’s seat and then turned to Ben, asking where he would like to go next.

Ben thought for a moment, a devilish grin crossing his face. He replied, “We’d like to go watch the submarine races on Belle Isle.”

Nick drove to the small island on the Detroit River. As he passed over the bridge Laura tapped on the glass partition and Nick lowered the tinted window so he could hear what she was to ask him. “Can you please drive by the fountain before you park?”

Once over the General Douglas MacArthur Bridge, Nick turned to the right and followed the road to Scott Fountain and parked the limo. Laura opened her door and pulled Ben out quickly, almost making him trip over his own feet as he struggled to get traction.

“Isn’t this the most beautiful thing, Ben?” Laura asked, pulling him up the decorative steps to get as close to the spraying water as she could.

Colored lights shone upon the fountain, which made the water flowing from the top seem magical. Ben, knowing how much of a romantic Laura was, took a coin from his pocket and handed it to her. As she tossed it into the water she closed her eyes and made a wish. In her mind, she wished for a long healthy life with Ben.

Laura released her grasp on Ben’s arm as she made her way around the fountain. The gentle breeze produced a light mist to float through the air in one section of the fountain. When Laura reached this spot she stopped in her tracks. She stretched her arms out and slowly turned around. The mist was cool upon her skin. Ben, not wanting to get wet, stayed on the dry side of the fountain while he gazed at Laura who, for a moment wanted to return to her childhood.

”Ah…hem..” a deep voice got Laura’s attention. She glanced up through the cool mist and saw Ben standing on the other side, waiting somewhat patiently.

Laura ran to Ben as fast as she could in her heels without falling. She ran into his arms, her hands snaked around his waist and she pressed her lips to his for a fiery kiss, which left them both scrambling to get back into the limo. As Nick shifted the limo to drive Ben took one last look at the fountain before he returned his gaze to Laura and whispered, “It is a beautiful thing, but not as beautiful as you are right now.”