The Lake House Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Luke" I started timidly as I turned to face him, or at least turn my body since I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked casually tilting his head back at the sky.

"What do you think about me?" I ask quickly shutting my eyes, like I was bracing myself for a blow. Maybe I was, just not a physical one.

He looked back down at me confused. "Peyton what are you talking about?"

I'd practiced this move in my head a thousand times, so with the most confidence I could muster I moved over sliding closer to him. "I mean, well would you want to kiss me?" I looked up at him nervously.

"Kiss you?" He repeated slowly, like the words sounded foreign to him. His face registered shock. After a second he suppressed a laugh. "Peyton, look it's nothing personal. But... you're like my little sister. I just couldn't see you that way. I mean you're cute and everything, but I just couldn't do that."

The second I heard him start to laugh I could feel tears burn the back of my eyes. I felt foolish, like a child wearing dress up clothes. I thought that I was so confident and sure about this that it had to work. I keep my head down playing with the edge of the skirt I'd put on, trying to seem more mature. My eyes start to get damp as I bite my lip holding tears back.

"Oh... of course, no you're right." I answer, my voice cracking slightly.

Hearing me, Luke immediately drops his smile. "Oh, Peyton... I didn't mean to... I didn't know that you were serious.—"

I cut him off before he makes this big pity speech to me. " Just forget about it okay Luke? I was just kidding."

"Peyton---"

"Luke it's fine can you please just take me back to the house? I'm really tired."

He sits there for a few seconds in silence not sure of what to say or how to fix things. Finally he got up, turning the boat back on and we headed back to the shore. As soon as he pulled up I jumped out walking as fast as I could back towards my house and my room. I felt humiliated and I went back to my room and cried. The next morning when we left, I said as quick a goodbye as I could to Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue, but avoided even seeing Luke and then stayed in my room until after they had gone. It was the last time I'd seen him since yesterday, and sometimes it felt like no time had passed at all.

............................................

12