All Comments on 'The Last New Year'

by BlBones

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
C_frommnC_frommnover 14 years ago
You Brought

It on yourself . going through High School Books thinking of "old" boyfriends and what they look like now or are they still Hott!!! .. It should'nt matter if you Love the One Your With!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The plot has been used a time or two, but

one of the things I felt hurt the story was the switched POV's. It went from first person to a narrator back to first person, which really does not work at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good enough story.

I am glad the husband didn't do what most husbands should do in these stories. The wife knew what she was doing. It wasn't an 'Accident' as she claimed.

jasonnhjasonnhover 14 years ago
Sad but believeable

The story was well told. My first reaction was that no one in a seemingly great marriage could just suddenly cheat like that. But I know there are all kinds of unfaithful people out there. Her ability to meet with the guy for breakfast the next morning shows how brain dead this woman is. Being with the guy should have been a horribly painful reminder of what she had just done to destroy her marriage but she has breatfast with him like he had nothing to do with the problem. What a twit. It was pushing it to have Con show up but I liked the actions he took so I can give it a pass.

NucleusNucleusover 14 years ago
He's right ...

Anonymus "The plot has been ..." is right. Switching POV is disturbing especially in short stories.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
A well thought out story line

The character build and story was presented very well and for the most part very believable. The only thing I had trouble with is how quick she jumped into bed with her lover. Was it the thought that there isn't any way she will be caught? If that be the case, then she was just wanting something like this to happen even before she went to the reunion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Story line good, but details not planned well

This story is average. The story line is good. However, details are sometimes incorrect. For example, it took her 4 hours by train to reach her home town where the reunion was held. Con drove there in half the time. Another example: if Con had poured hot coffee down Chucks neck or down his wife's bra, very severe burns of the skin would have occurred. RAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Realism?

Yes, the story had it all. One comment was the amount of time it took her to get to her hometown on the train. In the US, we have slower trains that often have stopovers in towns in between, the terrain also slows the train as well as the number of curves. It is not unusual to be able to drive to a destination faster than taking the train. The ending was very realistic, because she really could not come up with a legitimate marriage saving reason for her actions. She was acting inappropriately in front of her classmates. Her ex-boyfriend always seemed to be allowed to interject himself whenever it was not wise, and she allowed it. Con's reaction and refusal to try to save the marriage was simply his expression that he would never be able to forget, and not particularly interested in any lame excuses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
nice story

but just sad, not understandable motivations and completly not erotic.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 14 years ago
eh... good story BUT Some problems

The First two sentances in 2nd to last paragraph... I have not remarried. I have to admit that <b>I still love him

</b> and can't get <b>him</b> out of my mind...

<br></br>

um.... whom is HE? Chuck or the Husband?

<br></br>

This story is essentially a variant of the Scarlet letter... but the wife's sexual obession with Chuck only 3 years into the marriage is a deal breaker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Oh hi Harry! You've been quiet lately

I was hoping you were, you know, dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great catch, Harry

Good to see your insightful analysis. The story was pretty good and the slut got what she deserved! Too bad the hot coffee did not make a more prominent scar on her face and Chuck's package. Great to read a sustainable revenge story. Thank you author!

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Sort of sad, but quite believable

Someone commented that he thought that the transition to having sex was rather quick, but we know that they had history and I do believe that you will find that lovers who did not have the kind of shock that Con had find it easy to get together again. The author did a good job of recounting an old story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Real good read

Cheaters just will never learn, there are consequences when caught. However, that doesn't seem to stop them. As far as the question who she still loves, it's obvious she's referring to her ex. Good read author, one of your better ones. ML

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
very good!

you know your readers. very nice work. i love the woman telling the story. that drives the intent of the story home for me. more please. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WTF?

While I believe Christians can fall, what I have a hard time believing is that this woman would cheat on her husband and her God, her moral compass, and feel no remorse. Guilt, yes; but not remorse. When the reverend speaks about honor, faithfulness and honesty, will she feel any real desire to confess or does it affect her at all? IF it doesn't then why is she going to church? If she isn't a Christian at all, then why mention going to church? Because of that, this whole story was pointless. It wasn't even worthy of stroking one off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Story!

The "reunion" scenario is a classic for a cheating wife story! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story....

Some readers do not have a full concept of the situation. This is a factual story that is played out at reunions year after year... I suggest for those of doubt to stop and think of their high school days...

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 14 years ago
Re: "good catch, Harry"- obviously she's....

...talking about Hubby.Sycophant.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

Great story, Great read! What more can I say?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
her 'con' was ended

no more 'con' for her, and her got something more satisfying. even chuck found she was disposable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Glad he got rid of the cheating slut although he let her live - what a mistake!

She should have been dealt with "appropriately".

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Too bad the ex-husband did not pour the hot coffee over both of their cheating heads.

That would have been poetic justice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Glad the slut is still suffering and yet another lonely New Years is coming soon.

Good effort, author - at least the ex-husband did not wimp out which is so pathetically the case in most LW crap stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
ONE MISTAKE

She did not deserve what her husband decided to do. One mistake, just one mistake!! Come on who hasn't made one mistake? He's not much of a man in my mind!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

All these comments about whether the husband was too unforgiving or the wife deserved what she got miss the point. It was a short story, and it had a point. Call it a moral if you will. Sometimes one thoughtless act can destroy everything. I actually believe that this could easily happen. A high school couple attend a reunion without their respective spouses, drink too much, and end up in bed together. Usually nothing happens because the spouses don't learn about it, or learn about it much later when time has attenuated the feelings. But if you were sitting in that hotel room waiting for your spouse until the wee hours of the morning......

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
She played;

and then she PAID, we may not like the end results of adultry but in all areas of law it destroys the marriage. Somewhere in our lives we need to become responsable for our own actions.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
Exactly correct

You play-You pay!!!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I gave it a 1 star

and just read the first pargraph.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THERES A NEW YEAR ARISING

can the Phoenix aid those in the ashes. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Sorry.

This story was boring to me. Good luck on your future stories.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 12 years ago
Dwornock ...

I'm quite confident that reading an entire paragraph taxed your mental capacity.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Sad Story

But probably a common tale

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Good Story

Here is a lesson to learn.

If you are involved in a loving and caring marriage where both spouses trust each other completely it only takes one indiscretion to ruin a life.

DO NOT CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

Consequences abound.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Benedict Arnold

cock is smoked, jizz is swalllowed, cornhole buggered, betrayed!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
Don't play around

if you don't want to pay the price. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a couple of cheaters that paid the price

a very good story of a mentally challenged woman

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Second Comment

So the stupid cheating cunt whore wife ruined her life for one night.

Good.

Fuck her.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

U fortunately a COUPLE of cheaters did not pay, only the wife and her husband Con paid. The fuck buddy got off with a bloody nose.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

My second time reading this. A wonderful read that is truly heartbreaking. I think you have effectively captured the notion that anyone can give in to such a temptation - I think we have all been tempted in such a way. At the same time, even one simple slip can lead to devastating consequences. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought ...

After three years of marriage I can understand her still having regrets about what she did, but not getting serious with another guy for ten years is a little hard to accept. Also, a hot pot of coffee would cause serious damage that would have led to his arrest and a lawsuit from Chuck. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Omg - damm, she sure did deserve the agony of defeat & uselessness.

Fucking skank got only a partial revenge consequences. She should have been stoned & crucified for her transgressions.

bobajotbobajotabout 10 years ago
Unrealistic

There is no way that the wife of the lover would not be informed of the affair by the husband. Cheating has consequences for all discovered participants.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Good story, but 10 years is a long time.

I think 10 years is a bit of a stretch for her to still be agonizing over Con. I could buy it up to about 5 years. After that, it is unrealistic to think that she would not move on with her life.

Tux_No_TieTux_No_Tieabout 9 years ago
Sad ... but probably true

I loath cheaters.. and this story,, though it fiction.. happens far to often.

As I read the story.. I saw the ending, mostly because I am a realist!

Unfortunately.. I expect Con would have gone after Chuck more extensively for the destruction of his marriage.

I did enjoy the "spot on her breast"..well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
an old boyfriend

is always very very close to a married ex girl friend, plays out as above

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
What's wrong with this sentence?

"Hey, sure, I'm happily married but I'd love to go up to your room and fuck you if only for old times' sake."

How about, "How do you go from 'happily married' to willing to fuck someone else...?"

If her marriage was so great she'd have not been willing to relive old experiences with a previous boyfriend and I'd she's willing to relive the experiences her marriage isn't so great.

Plus, "no harm, no foul"...? Really?? She was going to go with that...? And she'd already made up her mind she would deal with the guilt since it wouldn't be forever - she'd get over it. So who is going to believe, if she'd not got caught, that there wouldn't be repeats...?

And she was starting to feel bad before leaving Chuck's room... but not so bad as to not give him a quick kiss...? And how stupid is she to get together with him AFTERWARDS...??? If a spouse were to think you were an alcoholic, you never want them to FIND you in a bar...

But yeah, I don't see ten years of misery after only knowing him four and not loving him enough that she wouldn't WANT to fuck some guy first chance she gets - after all, "it's just like two old lovers"...?

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
Sure....UNREALITY and FANTASY...

Sure....UNREALITY and FANTASY...Unreality: We didn't know what happened to the lover boy...did he save his marriage? Everyone in the reunion knew, so his wife must have known too...She loved her husband so much that cheated on him in minutes...Fantasy: 10 years without alone? She didn't love or respected her husband enough...Cheaters are selfish...so why the remorse? 2*

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
The whitout was placed wrongly...

The whitout was placed wrongly...sorry...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Damn

Cheating whore was caught. Goodbye to her marriage. However, the asshole married lover got off scot free. Now that's fucked up.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Great Story

This is a great story about life and the FACT that some of our choices cannot be undone. She chose to cheat on her husband. She was not incapacitated. She wanted to fuck Chuck and she did. She essentially did it in front of her high school classmates so she wasn't even discreet about it. She couldn't be away from her husband for one night and control herself. She was not wife material. For an orgasm, she threw away her husband, they time she had invested in their relationship, and she threw away her chance to have children and a real family with Con. All for an orgasm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Why would anyone.....

Why would anyone compare a fictional story to real life? And rate it as such, its not real. The writing and story telling was very good! A 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sad, sad story, and...,

Only for a few moments pleasure. Well written story about a momentary lapse by a wife causing her, and her husband years of sadness. Thanks for this thoughtful and well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
serial cheater true life

Helena Montana college instructor lost -female married 3rd husband- lost position because of info on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Black widow and purple rose tattoos implanted breasts

Husband knows of her unending string of lovers. Cheated all of marriage more than one at a time

Slept with eldest son's high school viv-principal to get him diploma. Was involved wih two men plus still seein viceprincipal when she noticed very muscular arms of married student. Tried everything to get him in bed-rubbing breasts on his arm leaning over desk and pressing together, threatened to flunk him

He kept asking her to stop. She got so desparate she became obvious. Her dept head some old liberal female thought student-construction guy on vocrehab- was stalking her. So instructor told him what dept head said and then told him he either fuck her or she would FALSELY ACCUSE HIM OF RAPE

THAT GOT HIM INTO BED

Turns out she wanted to be slapoed on butt and be called a whore, tongued his ass, begged him to urinate on her clit

Oh get this she was voted MOST REFINED INSTRUCTOR

NOW WOKS FOR MONTANA SECRETARY OF STATE. SOMEONE SHOULD LET THEM KNOW

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Wow.

Big cock whore have lots of fun!

She should find a nice horse to fuck her slimy hole!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
SELF INDUCED PENANCE

to pay for self gratification. TK U MLJ LV NV

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Good story told well. 5*

I'm a bit surprised she was happy to go to her reunion on her own. Whether her husband knew anyone there or not, I think she would have wanted him there as she didn't seem to be thinking about cheating but was looking forward to seeing some of her ex boyfriends . I would have thought that getting up to date with her girlfriends lives would have taken up most of her time ..... but she did have eyes for Chuck.

Midnight should have been her wake up call, but thinking about calling her husband never entered her head .....

I can see some men getting over this, it's not as if it happened in their town or amongst people they mix with socially.

He chose divorce but he wasn't mean about it.

Short story that had everything in it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Self Serving Cheater(s)

She and Chuck both got what they deserved. Him, a broken nose, her, a life without Con.😎

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 WHAT EVER COULD HAVE BEEN

but now it never will. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
puzzled

That Chuck would get off with only a broken nose

Just does not seem like Con would not tell his wife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
quibbling on logistics

Why does 130 mile train ride take four hours?

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
Huh?

The story just didn't make sense. Four hour drive? He called her sometime after one, then he took a 45 minute nap, Yet he was still able to be there 10 minutes before she walked inside at five? And what about her? When you're caught in a tryst, the last person you want to see or be with is your lover. But yet she went to have breakfasrt with him where so conviniently Con had decided to have breakfast himself before heading home. This was just to many coincedences at the same time to be belivable. even though it's just a fantasy, a story should not be rushed through without connecting the dots. and it should give the women some intelligence to discern right from wrong and pick some intelligent decisions. No bueno!! just a waste of time reading this one.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

You got caught, now pay the piper. Guess he burnt the bitch and the bastard. That worked out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
elismerés...

Nagyon jó és tanulságos írás! Példaértékű a megfogalmazás és a történet maga is,mely képviselteti az elfogadott társadalmi normákat,melyek örök érvényűek!!!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
A brilliant little ditty.

5-stars & Favorite

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ouch

Justice can be painful, can't it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
He poured hot coffee on her?

No wonder she cheated on this psycho.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

It was a good effort, but Con should have told Chuck's wife.

I'm glad the husband remarried and the whore never got over being dumped like a piece of shit.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
re: husbands a psycho

is your wife free tonight, after reading you comment. I'm sure she'll be looking for a real man

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
1*

A sad tail

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
On the contrary to some comments ....

.... I , for one , have no problems with him pouring hot coffee on her !!

She knew she was married , so accept some of the share of the fallout .

It's always the guys that get the the sticky end of the stick . They get beatings , testicles stomped , ran out of town .... and let's not forget those wives that deliberately plan to cheat simply because they know the law is stacked in their favour .

No , I'm happy that this guy made his feelings this well known ..... if he wanted to be that nasty he could have introduced her nose to the table as well .

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Great story about another stupid cheating wife and how she and asshole were burned.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

She got what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
whore

whore get over yourself and move on .just get drunk and you can fuck anyone.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Great story, and my favorite from this author.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

For a short story that really did convey how most guys would love to handle a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

why not whore ,plenty of cock's out there for your pussy ,move on

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - BORING - once again same kind of situations as most of this authors stories - time to stop reading them

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Serves the bitch right

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a way to ring in the New Year

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 2 years ago

More punishemnt against Chuck. Someone has to let his wife know.

orion2bear2orion2bear2almost 2 years ago

Chucks wife should have been told he deserved to have his marriage destroyed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have to assume that Chuck continues to walk the Earth.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Entertaining story. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This one was sad. I would love to see a sequel where tgerevis reconciation.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

One mistake, and this? Con is not a man. He is a little butthurt boy

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 1 year ago

This was a great story about the consequences of a one-night fling. Conroy divorced Glenda and did not even want to hear what explanation she had for the events of the ten year high school reunion. He divorced her and moved on. He remarried and hopefully this woman is more faithful that Glenda was. Glenda really never moved on. She has tried dating but has not been very successful at it. Her and Chuck never got together again. She does not go to any more high school reunions and she does not even celebrate New Year’s Eve anymore. She realizes that she threw away a great man, a great marriage, and it was for a one-night stand with an old boyfriend. She did not think through the consequences of her infidelity but once she was caught, there was nothing she could do to avoid those consequences. This is how infidelity and cheating really works and how it should work in today’s world. She had a scarlet letter on her breast for the rest of her life to remind her of her infidelity. Five stars for the story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fine story with an outcome that leaves a warm glow inside. The only thing that spoiled it a little was Glenda talking about Chuck's penis in the way she did, the same way men talk about women's breasts. Such objectification simply lacked credibility and for that reason I marked it down one to 4 stars.

re: "No wonder she cheated on this psycho" as you clearly have no objection to cheating wives, perhaps you'd be kind enough to send me your wife's contact details as I haven't been laid in a while and could do with some action!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An average story without consequences to the the cheaters

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A well thought out tale. 4 stars. To….Ic69. Just 1 question. Has it happened to you? DMW aka Sumnut 96

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

Good story. That one small detail of the blemish on her breast is priceless.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story man gets cheated on divorces the wife and never sees her again like a man should, I get tired of the wps that stay with the cheat.

Con got remarried and probably had children. MC is single older and still in love with Con ten years later, if she loved him so much why did she cheat on him? She really threw her soulmate away for a night of sex, and her soulmate not Con's he married his after divorcing the tart.

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Not a bad story!! As far as the MC and the well deserved results of her affair one can only say too little too late!!

WillowghbyWillowghby4 months ago
Just To

...set the record straight - if you question whether it takes 4 hours for a train ride of 130 miles, you probably never lived in the congested northeast region. If you question why one might take a 4 hour train ride rather than drive, you probably never drove the northeast corridor during traffic (congested), nor tried it at the wee hours of the morning (clear sailing!) Any other nitpics from the peanut gallery?

BlBones,

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written with a different slant from similar cheating reunion stories. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@IC69hunter, I see you continue to be a cum slurping cuckold.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196927 days ago

For the length of the story that was really good

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

You reap what you sow

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous