All Comments on 'The Lifeline'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
ham_sandwichham_sandwichover 9 years ago
Awesome!

What a story! Five stars for sure!

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

Very well done. Sometimes you just have to say 'wtf' and go on faith.

parawaparawaover 9 years ago
A great piece

I look forward to reading more of your work, soon. A little kinky and a lot loving.Good editors are like gold!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow..... Just WOW!

That was one helluva story!!!! Incredible!!! I didn't want it to end, and I will most definitely be back to re-read again and again! Amazing writing, complex, multi-dimensional characters, and overall simply a beautiful story beginning to end. Thank you for this one, it was truly brilliant. 5* from me!

All The Best!

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 9 years ago
A marvellous story!

It was gracious of you to thank your editor, and between the tow of you, you have produced a wonderful piece of writing. You should both be very pleased with it, and thank you for sharing so much of your hard work with us. Five stars without any hesitation, and please write much more!

Geon54Geon54over 9 years ago

Wow!

from your intro: "...I am hesitant to post it, but Tim has encouraged me otherwise."

Well, if you have any other ideas you are hesitant about, PLEASE treat resistance as futile. Bring 'em on!

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Excellent

Well paced and intelligently written. Thanks

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 9 years ago
Great Read!

Extremely well done. Great characters, great story, has me hoping for a part 2 or a prequel. Thank you. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fu** the doc

I have found that d/s can be healing between the right people. It is not a mainstream view. Happy you were willing to put it out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
gahhhhhhh

You stole my life :/ <3

bblack130bblack130over 9 years ago
Love this!

So well written. Great story! I'm hooked! I'll be waiting and watching for more.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
This is probably

my favorite DreamCloud story. I read it at least five times while proofreading/editing it. I thoroughly enjoyed each reading. I'll likely read it a few more times in the future. I still haven't read his first four stories, but I will get to them some day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very well written story

About a woman that was undoubtedly mentally disturbed at a very deep level. The fact that she treats people like things wasn't pleasant. And I had a hard time believing she changed a life time of behavior during the short period of time they were together at first. Washing her hair changes her? Turns her into a blubbering baby that gives him a million dollars while crying in his office? The two women don't match. One the controlling, manipulative bitch and the other the crying, blubbering woman giving money away. At the very least she's probably Bi-polar. At the worst she's psychotic. In the end, her need to hurt him should have told him all he needed to know about how unbalanced she is and was going to be her entire life. And while you try to make the reader believe he's not only good with her behavior but actually likes it, there's not enough information in the story to suggest he would be accepting of her extreme swings. And at the end, while I liked him brow beating the Doctor, once again I found it implausible that with just a few words he would change her mental outlook that quickly. I realize that this is nitpicking at its worst and I normally enjoy your writing, but in this case there were simply too many question marks to make this a really enjoyable read. Thanks for the time spent and the posting. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

When I was younger I would not have understood a story like this, experience has taught me different. I enjoyed it.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Another wild DS story

Didn't see the last part coming. DS has a talent for shifting things into another dimension unexpectedly. Not sure I liked either of these protagonists, but their story is a hell of a yarn.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
DC Story - sorry got the wrong initials.

Senior moment.

InescuInescuover 9 years ago
Well written

Not my cup of tea though. I found it implausible and I have a personal dislike of males who get off on being submissive (I try to be civilized about my views, but I have a strong visceral reaction to men who get off in this manner that is very hard to suppress). Someone as mentally disturbed as she was portrayed to be should not be in BDSM relationship. She would have, eventually, seriously hurt him or worse as she tried to work out her own demons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hokey, but OK.

I can relate to all the love and romance, reticence and uncertainty. Can't relate to the abusive brother/family, and her allowing him to dominate and abuse her. She was way too intelligent and intuitive not to know how her brother would react. And she walked into it, and knew her lover would also walk into it in the morning? Also don't see the brother just jumping the lover, too much legal fallout. Just tell the bitch to tell the lover that she changed her mind, goodbye and have a nice day. So, one of your weaker plots and set of characters. Still good, but not up to your previous work, in my opinion.

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneabout 9 years ago
Damn!

That was incredible! Damn! Your story really grabbed me! Well done! I wasn't sure where it was going at first then pow! Solid writing! Well worth the 5 stars!

asjahstrinaasjahstrinaabout 9 years ago
Solid

Waves of emotions , love how you weave romance and love into your stories. Glad for the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Trust Rewarded

I almost never read BDSM because I can't stand mean. But you are my favorite author, so I read it to the end. I am glad I did. It left me smiling and happy.

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
This One Is Your Fault!

Like other comments I never read BDSM tales. I just don't like them. However, because of your other stories I started reading and figured I'd read a couple paragraphs and then move on. Needless to say I ended up reading the entire story and I actually liked it. I think this is more of a romance than a BDSM story. About a broken individual finding love and working with her problems. Thank You for a very interesting and romantic tale.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Well done, but

I still don't see that lifestyle drawing anyone other than the truely fucked up. It's the first bdsm story I've read and most likely the last. Excellent work as usual, but the subject matter precludes a top rating.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Snap! Crackle! Pop!

A deed in need indeed.

DC. you have imagineered an incredible Dantean descent into the psychotically surreal, with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent Read

As with another of your stories I was hesitant because of classification and/or description. Boy, was I wrong. This is easily one of your best with well developed characters and a surprising plot twist. Your creativity continues to amaze. Please keep up the good work. 5*

LoveMenLoveSexLoveMenLoveSexalmost 9 years ago
Implausible but nevertheless enjoyable

Given the nature of the forum, it would be nitpicking to point out the multiple implausibilities here. They didn't particularly detract from the story, just gave a sense of truncation to keep the pace consistent. Too much concentration on the reality of each character's psychological mazes would have turned this from a pleasant romp to a angst-ridden drama. I enjoyed the protagonist's thoughts and feelings through the opening scenes very much and found the massage and other scenes very well written and with the usual care of detail. It's probably the refreshing angle of seeing it from a cornered male perspective that makes this story an enjoyable diversion. Thanks for writing!

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
Another winner!!!!!

A triumph with a capital "T."

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Transcending category, again.

Once again, I shied away from a "BDSM" story -- the kink does nothing for me, and I don't enjoy reading about it.

Once again, I decided to plunge in, based on your other material I've read.

Once again, I was richly rewarded.

Again, thank you.

goldponygoldponyover 8 years ago
hmmmmm

I'm starting to think they shoud have a class of "dreamcloud". I'm like a lot of people who don't care for BDSM for certain types of stories. But again you surprise me with a depth and richness of people and feelings that makes me think...psy-master. Yes our lives today are all dependant upon our lives and the things we have acquired thru

living and being exposed to in "growing up" I hope they found balance for both Tony & Lydia. Thank you for your mind and talent, kind sir. GP

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
I ALMOST DIDN'T READ THIS ONE...

Due to the classification that you put it under, boy, am I glad that I did though...

Another MASTERPIECE!!!

goodwritingfangoodwritingfanover 8 years ago
i trust you

this is the last story read on your list because of the category. but like always, I trusted you. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Thank you for the story.

Vito1960Vito1960over 8 years ago
Great story

I loved the story. When he went to get Lydia at the end it reminded me of a time in my life, where I had to fight for my wife's sanity against a shrink. When I did something like it, the shrink just cowered down. I took control and she responded! Thank you for allowing me to relive it!

subtleperfumesubtleperfumeover 8 years ago
overcoming my bias

I don't much care for BDSM. Just not my thing. Oh, I love the trust and vulnerability implied in bondage games, whether I'm being bound or doing the binding. But the inflicting or the endurance of pain? Yuck. Want nothing to do with it. So, why on earth did I read this? Because it's a story by the masterful yarnspinner who gave me the memorable romances, "The Rehab" and "The Promise". I was curious what the creator of those two gems would do with this subject matter.

I have to admit I winced my way through the opening pages, but to my delight, you managed to infuse your dark tale with no small measure of romance and tenderness. In some ways, I'm almost more impressed with this feat than with the straight love stories because there you were working in a sphere to which I was predisposed to respond favorably. Thank you for pulling me out of my comfort zone

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good God, man, are you crazy?

Unlike the previous commentators, I love BDSM; only the mild kind type though. You have managed to keep the story flowing, with enough hints to keep it interesting. Well done. This is real talent. 4FF4

sithonsithonover 8 years ago
Good story

Psychologically speaking the doctor was perfectly correct. Theirs was a codependent relationship. Kind of like a arch ,the two halves of the structure are held together by the force of gravity. If you remove one or the other, the whole structure falls apart. She would be more healthy if she could stand on her own as it were. But then again no one is an island .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow, what a story!

I also stayed away because of the category. I should have known better! Another excellent story!

Yoshi

F5G_lostF5G_lostabout 8 years ago
Well done

Your writing is consistently good.

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
You surprised

me again. I nearly didn't read this because I have no interest in BDSM. In fact, I find it distasteful. I read it only because you wrote it. That's the level of trust I have in you. To deliver a story I will be glad I read.

I'm glad I read this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hear hear

Rb 1947 said exactly what I was going to say. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WOW

This is your 2nd story I have read I personally don't like BDSM but after reading your 1st story I was compiled to do so and I am glad I read It

REGARDS DK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

in my opinion this story is less about bdsm and more about two lost souls who find what they need in each other ... and for me that is why this the story is so well liked by such a wide audience

5 stars

sandy1949sandy1949almost 8 years ago
Disappointed.

H have read stories by you that are wonderful. This one was a very well written disappointment. It could have been extended to make it a wonderful hopeful one. If this as seems to be the assumption is the end, then I would say I join those who don't tend to read BUSH and in this case don't see the tradeoff as worth it. If this is not the end I celebrate and look forward to what comes hoping that at least healing is attemoted...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Almost passed this story by.

Like many others have stated, I have no desire to read about bdsm. It holds no interest for me. However, since you wrote it, I figured that I would give it a shot. Easily one of the best gambles that I've made on this site. It wasn't flagrant just to have the bondage or torture, but had a reason that was shown at the end.

I simply adore how you write about characters instead of writing about the scenes that they are in. Emotional investment makes words turn into a movie in my head, and you have a true ability to create said investment. Your characters breathe.

5*

76er76erover 7 years ago
Quality Writing

I guess this was BDSM, but it seemed more like a love story to me - and a damn good one. Great Author!

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 7 years ago
I should have known

I normally read 'Loving Wives' or 'Romance' on this site, and on others. I have stepped out of line to read more of your catalogue. The 95% dross on here blinded me to the reality of decent writing. I have praised your romances previously, I had forgotten that, no matter what the genre, a good writer will always make any story interesting. Silly me! Excellent as always. Heaven help if you implement professional grammar and spelling! Hmmm, in that case you will be making money. I'm still envious. Chapeau yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wrong turn

Wonderfully intricate, well written and intoxicatingly adventure. Instead of entering a metaphoric highway to a blissful destination; the ending felt to me as if you turned into a crowded parking lot with unending aisles and continuous interruptions from other vehicles. I guess I wanted a positive resolution, and do not feel I received one. I am more worried about both of them now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
karma

Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Great true real life story on which you could use your skills

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great story ofcourse but it should've been in the nonconsent/non reluctance category.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 7 years ago
Great story....

Absolutely the wrong category but a wonderful story if you are into that kind of thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wrong turn.

It was amazing.. till the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF?!

I really like the two Dreamcloud's romance stories, I've read. In both stories, the character start out with hard luck, but find love along the way. This story was a favorite of an author I like. I had no idea what the story was like, just figured it would be good from what I seen from both authors. Fooled me plenty!

Anyway, the story started like the others, but I couldn't stomach it beyond the first page. Lydia was just a cruel, rotten person and I have no time for that. Maybe the story got better and she has redeeming qualities. I guess I will never know.

After I found out the story was in the BDSM category, I chose not to rate it. The story is appropriate for the category, just not my cup tea.

SkinTicklerSkinTickleralmost 7 years ago
I thought I wouldn't like it.

Loved it. Definitely not for the non-consent category. That was actually a brief scene. Very romantic for the most part.

PTraumPTraumalmost 7 years ago
Backstory needs exploration

It was a wonderful telling of a very small span of time...however (and there's always a "but", even if it's unstated) her back story and his acceptance of it I believe needs to be fleshed out. There are too many implications and potential pitfalls for this not to come back and bite him (and her, both) in the ass down the road.

As far a s the telling of this chapter (as it really is just a chapter in what I feel is a much longer story, spanning several categories) it was wonderfully done. BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
twist

Now, this is a twist on your (I can't say 'usual') frequent love story.

Wildly creative.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not my bag

i ain't into the dom and sub shit. and i definitely ain't into the pain for pleasure. but even so once again a good read.

hornyoldgoat6969

DreaMajorDreaMajorover 6 years ago
Well, the bitch is a switch.

Although Lydia’s instantaneous recovery is not realistic, the psychology behind it may be sound, and it works in the story, which as usual is well written and well paced. Also, it was gratifying to see Tony’s developing appreciation of Lydia’s intelligence and dominance, and how well it could interleave with his own, for the gratification of them both.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
Well Written Story

The BDSM spectrum is broad. This story fits, but barely. The writing is superb. The story hits and misses a bit as it needed some fleshing out but that's just nit picking. Two fucked up people find and heal each other. BDSM is simply the vehicle. By the way I gave up trying to understand switches years ago and just accept they exist. She is more fascinating than he is, though.

EmirusEmirusalmost 6 years ago
The brother is a lost star

This may be bdsm, Jim, but not as we know it. Wonderful story. Wrong category.

I recently began a collaboration with a far more experienced writer than myself for our mutual benefit. She suggested, to help my writing skills improve, that I read your work and this was the first of your stories that I opened. I looked through your catalogue and chose this story because bdsm is one of the categories that I wish to write in. But whacking someone with a crop a few times is not bdsm! This story should be in Romance. Smaller readership but probably a higher rating.

She gave me good advice and I shall read more of your work, selectively because of time restraints, but not all. I will no doubt enjoy the content but I will concentrate more on your use the English language, which from what I’ve read so far, is very good. The only part I didn’t like was the brother episode. It needed to be expanded considerably to give an insight into why she was who she was and that failure lost you a star.

oldtwitoldtwitover 4 years ago
Brilliant

Great story that is just so different from the normal on here,

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Ok this was unbelievably good

Excellent take on unconventional love, seen these types of relationships and it takes special people very attuned to each other to make it work long term. Very good.

Virgo6Virgo6over 4 years ago
I don’t consider

This to be D.C’s best, but I have reread it more than any other story on lit. Their first get together, at her house and the show down with the Dr. at the end keep bringing , me back.

Sam37Sam37about 4 years ago
I don’t even like BDSM stories

Yet this one drew me in. Well done!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Great Story, and a HOT story. I like it a lot.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
relationships

all relationships are different, we all have our weakness' and strengths and different things attract us to others. I found mine 40 years ago. Another great story by a master story teller,

bauslander1bauslander1almost 4 years ago
Great read

I almost never comment and almost never read bdsm. That would have been a huge mistake. It was simply one of the best stories I’ve read here.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Wow

Never expected a story like this in bdsm. Incedible. Really liked it. 5

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Different

Different,but I quite enjoyed it.

PeachRose1978PeachRose1978over 3 years ago
Amazing!

Totally not what I was looking for but very amazing! I even came several times. I'm glad I didn't stop when I saw the role reverseal of what I wanted. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

I never read BDSM. I read this one because my all-time favorite author has this as one of their two favorite stories. 5 🌟

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Flawed Characters Healing

Not certain they're both flawed but say they are and they find each other. Possibly in the wrong category and therefore may have put some off reading it but I would consider the physical bdsm side of it quite mild (which is to my liking) and this seems to be two lost souls finding each other.

5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Blew me away!!

samsub2022samsub2022almost 3 years ago
My second cmt in 5 years signing here and reading zillion stories

Man,....... you just filling some hole in my sole...... You know, there are some especial feeling between pleasure and pain and need and desire or humility...,... There's a pattion about devotion with desire of worshipping..... Sry my native language isn't English ..... Frankly, I don't even learn that in some sort of class or teacher...... Just by Movie and Literotica........ But doesn't matter ..... If I had a PhD in English literature or any language....... If doesn't matter , words doesn't have capacity to present exact feeling ...... Language betrayed our exact meaning or our exact point in our mind........

But there's a complicated mixed up feeling hanuted my inner soul..... Hell

I wish could describe that...... But already told you..... It's the language of speaking of steering eyes of to soulmate , lik the last part......

MyersBriggsINTPMyersBriggsINTPalmost 3 years ago

DreamCloud,

I really didn't think that I was going to like this one... almost gave it up. My nature is supportive, giving, teasing, fulfilling. A quote from Daffy Duck; "I'm not like other ducks... pain hurts me."

I love finding a balance and your shift from SM to love was really rather wonderful.

You're one hell of a writer, exciting, insightful, inventive, and quite brilliant.

You truly have a gift. I'm grateful to you for sharing. Thank you.

Steve Scott.

blkuserblkuserover 2 years ago

I can only say that I hope at some point you give us a follow up to this brilliant story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loving all your stories so far! This one was really nice and was thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you for sharing your talent. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As screwy as this story ends, I hate to admit understanding it.

Smokepole

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 2 years ago

This story deserves more... a movie at minimum, but sequels at best... can only give 5 stars but 10 would have warranted...

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

Excellent !!!!!! Needs another page where he goes "Rambo, Chuck Norris" and finds the "family" home of parents and earless brother for retribution. Business deal, massage, shower ideas are perfect.

LeontheKingLeontheKingalmost 2 years ago

Loved this, such warmth on reading!! Read with a smile on my face. Read passages out loud to my partner.

Such a surprising delight

nyteramblernyteramblerover 1 year ago

Would be nice to have a bit more. Like how they are doing in 2 to 5 years from then. Good story for shure

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A deep connection between two hearts in the most unexpected circumstances. Superbly depicted.

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 1 year ago
WHY

Didn’t you continue on with this story, there’s so much more you could’ve done. Disappointed really. Still I gave you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

whitebankaiuserwhitebankaiuser12 months ago

fuckin story stealers cheated us out of more of your stories

tsgtcapttsgtcapt12 months ago

Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5. ....

IJS0904IJS090412 months ago

Two people that individually have found ways to hide their uniqueness from society. They hide their pain, and the love they have to give, because it is impossible for them to believe something better exists. No one would understand their story or their pain, and trusting anyone is a ridiculous concept. Their only intimacy is one of convenience when both want so much more than that. They found their way to each other. You can list this as BDSM and it has those elements for sure. The truth is that this a love story, and a very good one. Amazing, simply amazing. Very well done. Thanks for sharing.

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
Decent

Decent story,but what happened to the brother?.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is the only BDSM story I have ever liked. They all seem to just be about cruelty & abuse. Maybe an earlier comment is correct. This wasn't a BDSM story but more of a love story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous