The Light Side of Death

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'You tried your best to stop them. There is nothing else you could have done to prevent this.' Angela said releasing my chin while fainting.

'When have you been bitten?' i slapped Angela awake checking her symptoms.

'How did you know i was bitten? I didn't tell you that.' Angela looked at me surprised.

'I saw your bite mark at the supermarket earlier today. What's your blood type?' I asked Angela standing up and walking over to the closet opening a small case with injections in it.

'I'm o positive. I was bitten by one of those zombies chasing me before i ran into you.' Angela said turning toward me and watching me intently.

I took an injection out that read char.blood put it on the table next to her and took my belt off wrapping it around her arm. I removed the plastic covering the needle, searched for a vein on Angela's arm.

I injected the clear liquid into her veins. I sat next to Angela as the mixture made her fall asleep with her head on my lap. I sat there the whole night with one pistol in my hand watching her for any signs of turning zombie on my ass.

The next morning early Angela put two cups of coffee on the table then put her hand on my leg to wake me up. I opened my eyes immediately pointing the gun at her.

'Don't shoot Charlie; I'm okay the drug worked.' Angela said sticking her hands up in the air.

'Fuck woman, don't do that. I could have killed you and why didn't you tell me that you were bitten?' I said to her dropping the pistol on the couch with my other hand over my eyes.

'I'm sorry Charlie i thought that you would kill me. I just made us some coffee.' Angela said lowering her arms.

'No, i wouldn't have killed you. If you told me earlier i could have given you the shot before. I don't even know what it will do to you at this point because you already started to change.' I said going to the closet to get an empty injection.

'What are you going to do with that now?' Angela asked me confused.

'I need to draw some of your blood and test it in my lab.' I said tying my belt around her arm again.

I searched for a vein and stuck the needle in her arm. I then drew the blood and withdrew the injection from her arm.

She removed my belt from her arm and pressed a cotton ball on the little hole in her arm.

I walked over to a closed door across from my bedroom. Angela followed me into the room. It was my lab. There were tables placed neatly against the walls of the room. Glass jars, tubes in stands and equipment covered the tables.

I injected some of Angela's blood onto a small glass plate and covered it with another. I put it under my microscope and switched on a screen connected to it. I focused the microscope and watched the screen. On the screen the mixture i gave Angela the night before was busy covering the "zombie" cells in her blood.

After showing Angela what the "zombie" cells, my cells and normal cells looked like i explained to her what i put in the mixture i gave her. I separated my white blood cells from my red blood cells. I combined my white blood cells with the healing properties used in regencell and came up with a cure for regencell; so to speak. It only worked on people who has been infected but not dead yet.

Angela exited the room and made us both each a hot cup of coffee. As she was busy in the kitchen i watched the screen again and noticed her blood cells changing like mine did. I looked through the microscope to see for myself. Somehow my blood cells were strengthening Angela's cells and morphing the "zombie" cells like my blood did. Her body accepted my white blood cells as its own and is using it to change her body.

I switched everything off so she wouldn't see. I didn't want her to worry about this at this point. I will just have to keep a close eye on her for the next couple of days.

We finished our coffee, packed some clean clothes and were on the road headed to Angela's home town. We drove all day long and it got very late. It was starting to get dark. I pulled the vehicle into a clearing a few feet from the road.

'I don't know about you girl but i need some sleep and something to eat.' I said climbing over the seat into the back of the hummer and started going through the stuff we got from the supermarket.

'What was that thing back at the supermarket yesterday?' Angela asked me turning my way in her seat.

'I don't know but i could have sworn i killed it before.' I said turning with soft drinks and crisps in my hands.

I got onto the roof of the hummer through the sunroof. Put the stuff down and stuck my head down the sunroof.

'Are you coming up?' I asked Angela hanging upside down.

'Sure I'll be right up.' Angela answered me smiling.

We were lying on the roof looking at the stars while enjoying our snack.

'Did you have anyone in your life before all this started?' Angela asked me.

'Yes i did. We were about to get married when she was killed in a car accident a year ago.' I said remembering the most horrific day in my life.

'Oh i am so sorry Charlie.' Angela said as she sat up.

'Don't be sorry girl; she was sick when she was killed. I think she would have chosen a quick way out anyway. We have to get inside the hummer to get some sleep before we go on with our journey.' I said while crawling back inside through the sunroof.

I reclined the backrest of the back seat to turn it into a double bed. We laid there in silence till we fell asleep. I woke up the next morning early to find Angela's left arm draped over my chest and her left leg draped over my legs. I laid there for long time thinking about my beautiful fiancé before she died. I still love her, sometimes i can feel her around me or i can smell her favourite perfume.

Angela stirred next to me and opened her eyes slowly. She looked into my eyes and smiled. When her vision cleared she saw that she was holding me. She spun around onto her back removing her arm and leg with a blush.

'Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hold on to you Charlie.' Angela said sitting up.

'Don't worry about it Angela. I actually miss being held like that.' I said as i sat up too, smiling at her blushing.

I got in the driver's seat and started the hummer. We had a long way to travel. After an hour of driving we came into a small town. There was no-one to be seen anywhere but i could sense danger lurking.

'I could do with a steaming cup of coffee.' I said looking around.

'I agree on that. Maybe we can find a small coffee shop or something.' Angela said to me as she looked around.

We found a small coffee shop at the end of the main road.

I pulled up and grabbed my machine guns while Angela grabbed the pistols. We got out of the vehicle and walked towards the shop.

'You wait here while i check it out.' I said going inside.

I walked around cautiously and silent. I heard something in the back and checked it out with both machine guns pointing straight ahead ready for action. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears as i moved closer to the back door. Gripping cold hard steel in my right hand i lowered the gun in my left hand and opened the back door. As i opened it a cat jumped out from a shelf and ran past me.

Hearing a shot go off behind me, i turned around in a spin pointing my gun. A zombie dropped to the floor right in front of me. Keeping my eyes on the door ahead i saw Angela standing there with both pistols pointing my way.

'You just saved my life. I owe you one.' I said still frozen.

'Nope, i owe you two. You saved my life three times.' Angela said walking towards the counter.

Angela scratched around behind it, put two cups on top of it and boiled water on a big gas stove. She put sugar and instant coffee in the cups.

'It looks like you did this kind of job before.' I said sitting down on the other side of the counter.

'I used to have my own coffee shop before all this happened.' She retorted.

'Can i ask you a personal question Angela?'

'Sure ask away Charlie.'

'What made you stay with a dead beat woman beater?'

'I tried to get away lots of times and every single time he found me. When i fell pregnant i gave up trying to leave him for the safety of my child. She is thirteen now.' Angela said sitting down next to me.

'You fell pregnant?' I asked her before thinking that it might be the wrong question at the moment.

'Yes i did. My daughter is backing home waiting for me. She is twelve years old now.' Angela said with a smile growing on her face.

'You must be very proud of her?' I said taking a sip of my coffee.

'Oh yes i am, considering the current situation, she has been a very strong girl.' Angela said before taking a sip of her hot coffee.

********************

Back home in Ravens Rest a young girl was missing her mom terribly. She didn't know what to do to keep her busy.

Before Angela left, Sarah has been spending time at her teacher's house in the afternoons. Sarah spent every single day there.

Sarah spent her days indoors, in the safety of her own home while Angela was out traveling looking for someone to help the town out of certain danger. People were disappearing one after the other. The story going around was that one of the town's folk was helping this 'mad scientist' to kidnap people for his experiments.

Sarah didn't like the old lady looking after her while mom was gone. The old lady always disappears at night when Sarah is supposed to be sleeping. Sarah can't seem to shake this feeling that her life is in danger with this old lady hanging around her home.

The one night Sarah got up from bed to go to the toilet and saw the old lady talking to that creepy doctor from the hospital. Sarah didn't say anything about it. She was too afraid to mention it.

At the hospital mark is working on a new strain of the virus. He is trying to create a strain that will make his subjects stronger but give him total control over them. He wants to be in command over his own army of super humans. Every attempt so far has been futile. Every strain he developed thus far has failed.

The virus still kills his subjects and brings them back as zombies. His wife is helping him collect people to test on and his grandson is trying to train them for battle which has been absolutely useless.

Unknowing to mark, Johnny wants nothing to do with his grandfather's plans to rule the world. He called on someone he trusts to stop him. Someone strong enough to stop mark.

He has seen this person in action and knows that if his grandfather gets his hands on this person's blood this planet will be doomed. Unfortunately that is a chance Johnny will have to risk to save the lives of the last remaining people that inhabit the earth.

Charlie has saved Johnny's life from a whole group of zombies and didn't even get a scratch. She was quick and stronger than anyone he has ever meat before.

Chapter two

After raiding the stores for more supplies for our trip, Angela and i continued on our journey. We stopped in every town along our journey looking for any survivors.

We arrived in a small one-horse town in the middle of nowhere. It was too quiet for my liking. Nothing could be heard, not even animals. Standing outside our vehicle i could feel a cool breeze blowing on my skin.

'I don't like this one bit Angela. It is way too quiet here.' I said feeling the hairs on my neck stand up.

'I don't like it either Charlie.' Angela answered me walking around the vehicle to my side.

My senses suddenly picked up a threat. All around us i could feel someone watching us. I looked around at the small buildings, next to them in the alleys and on the roofs. People appeared on the roofs with weapons in their hands. A small group of people came out of a church towards the two of us. All my senses was alert, i could hear their heartbeats and smell their fear. I could feel what these people were thinking.

'Be ready for anything.' I said looking at Angela then turned my attention to the group walking toward us.

'You two ladies must be lost.' An older woman said standing still right in front of me.

'Oh, we are just passing through ma'am. We just stopped to stretch our legs a bit.' I answered the woman.

The woman was old and frail looking. I could see that she was in charge of this little town and its handful of survivors. The others looked like they were afraid of this woman.

'Why don't you ladies stay here?' She said with a sly grin growing on her wrinkled face.

'Thank you ma'am, but we really have to keep moving.' Angela answered taking my hand in her own.

Angela's eyes had fear in them. She felt what i felt at that moment.

'Oh no my dear, that was not a request. You aren't ever leaving this town again. Boys, grab them!' She yelled to the men that were standing behind her.

'Yes boss.' The men answered her all at the same time.

'Angela, get in the hummer now!' I ordered her.

Without a word Angela got in the driver's seat and locked the doors. The three men surrounded me. More people came running out from the buildings and attacked the vehicle. The old woman took a few steps back giving the men space to take me down.

Angela locked inside the vehicle stuck her pistols out from shooting holes in the doors and shot off a few rounds making the people scatter, then come back toward the vehicle one at a time. Angela opened the sunroof and stuck the top half of her body out shooting at the people running to the hummer with their guns in hand.

I stood watching the men around me with my senses on full alert mode. One man through a punch my way while another swung his leg up in a kick from behind me. I ducked for the punch i through a punch into his ribs breaking them and blocked the kick from behind me. I swung a kick in a spin around me taking out the other two guys. I grabbed my machine guns from my shoulders and pointed one toward the old woman and the other one toward the other people.

The old woman stretched her arms out toward me in a screaming attack. I shot her in the head with three rounds at once. I got on top of the hummer's roof and jumped in through the sunroof with the top half of my body sticking out pointing my guns toward the men lying on the ground.

The three men got to their feet and tried to grab me. I shot at them turning them into sives. A big pool of blood appeared on the ground where they fell. The old woman ran towards me with her hands stretched out in a frantic attack. I gave her one hard look and shot her. She flew backwards through the air onto her back. The other people started gunning for me.

Angela ducked inside the vehicle dodging gunfire. I clambered onto the roof of the hummer jumping in through the sunroof. I stuck my torso out and opened fire on the people. A few of them dropped to the floor while others ducked for cover.

'Get us the fuck out of here Angela!' I said with guns blazing while dodging bullets from the roofs.

'Hold on to something.' She said starting the vehicle and spinning away.

I dropped down onto the back seat looking behind us. The old woman stood up dusting herself off. The people i shot got up again and gathered around the old woman.

'How could those people still be alive? I shot them all in the head.' I asked getting into the front passenger seat.

'I don't know Charlie but i think i know who they are.' Angela answered.

'Who are they?' I asked her in shock and disbelief.

'They are some kind of cult. Apparently they were infected but they believe that god spared them because of a sacrifice they made. I only realised that they were the cult i heard of because of the church.' Angela said looking at the road while talking.

'Yes, i saw the markings on the church doors. Damn that was close. I really hope someone else doesn't go through that town.' I said trying to relax.

'Didn't you pass through this town looking for me?' I asked Angela.

'No i didn't, i took a different road up ahead. I didn't know you can fight like that?' Angela said looking at me for a split second.

'I didn't either. I felt something else back there. I felt as if i could feel that they were infected. I knew they were infected before they revealed themselves. I knew every move those men were going to make before they made it.' I tolled Angela looking out the window.

'It sounds to me like you are getting stronger. Your body is discovering all of its... Hum powers... When there is danger around.' Angela said making a mental note of my abilities.

'Yes I've noticed, i don't really know what i am capable of right now. I have researched all of this when i first realised that I'm getting stronger.' I said breathing hard.

'If i could use a hundred present of my brain my powers would be limitless for example; telekinesis, telepathy and astral projection. This is a scientists dream come true.' I explained to Angela waving my hands around in excitement for the possibilities.

'So you mean to tell me that you could move things with your mind, kill someone just by looking at them, read people's minds and maybe use OOBE to your advantage?' Angela asked me looking very puzzled.

'Exactly Angela, science is my hobby. I didn't just study medicines; my favourite part of science was the human body; the brain specifically.'

'Do you also think that it would be possible that you can't die, like maybe you can heal yourself?' Angela asked me with a look i have never seen before.

'Are you maybe a tad worried about me?' I asked Angela trying to keep a straight face.

It was dark already. Angela blushed crimson as she spotted a clearing next to the road and pulled off. I looked at her puzzled as she got out the vehicle. Angela stood in front of the vehicle in the lights. I smiled to myself, got out of the vehicle and stood next to her.

'So my suspicion is correct then? You have developed feelings for me.' I asked her crossing my arms looking her straight in the eyes.

'I don't know how to tell you this Charlie. I am so confused right now.' Angela couldn't look me in the eyes.

'Tell me what Angela?' I knew what she was going to say at that point.

'Yes i have developed feelings for you Charlie. I didn't mean for this to happen. I don't know why i feel this way about you but i love you Charlie.' Angela looked down at her feet after she said the last four words almost as a whisper.

I uncrossed my arms, put my hands on her shoulders and gave her a hug. I held her close to my body feeling her warmth.

'I love you too Angela.' I released her when she lifted her head. Angela looked into my eyes.

'You really mean that Charlie?' Angela asked me not knowing whether to smile or cry.

'Is this proof enough?' I said as i cupped her face in my hands and kissed her both gently and hungry at the same time.

I felt Angela melt into my arms. My knees felt weak. Kissing her felt like fireworks going off in my body. Angela separated her lips for my tongue; our tongues probed each other's mouths.

When we broke our kiss we stood there looking into each other's eyes. I got lost in a sea of blue. We felt totally right for each other.

*********************

Angela stood there looking into Charlie's green eyes. Her body felt like it was on fire just because of that one kiss. She never expected Charlie to feel the same as she did. They both have lost someone and now they have found each other. Angela never thought that she would ever fall in love again. The love she felt for Charlie was stronger then what she felt for her late husband. At this point she has noticed that she never really loved him in the first place.

*********************

'Wow that was the best kiss i have ever had in my whole life.' Angela said smiling at me.

'That never happened to me before. I could have sworn i heard fireworks. Can i do that again?' I said with a blank look on my face.

I put my hands on Angela's hips pulling her closer into me. Angela put her arms around my neck then pressed her lips against mine. I slid my hands over her hips under her shirt feeling her soft skin. Angela let out a soft moan into my mouth. I brought my hands to a Holt on her lower back.