The Light Side of Death

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We broke the kiss then i turned us both so i would sit on the hood of the hummer with my legs hanging over the bulbar. Angela got up over me, crossed her legs behind my back and her arms around my neck. I put my hands underneath Angela's shirt and slid them slowly up towards her breasts as we kissed again. Angela moaned in my mouth and broke the kiss.

'Charlie i never did anything with a woman before, i wouldn't know what to do first.' Angela said looking at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

'Well you are doing a great job so far. It's quite easy really; you just do what you like any man to do to you.' I said grinning wide.

'That would be a bit tricky. Bill was my first and we never really experimented.' Angela said very shy at that moment.

'Then i guess i will have to teach you. Did you at least like the kiss?' I asked her trying to make her relax.

'I might be able to tell you if you kiss me again.' Angela said tilting her head slightly to the right grinning at me.

'You mean like this?' I asked pressing my lips to hers with my left hand behind her neck.

This kiss felt so sensual and sexy. I couldn't help myself when i slid my right hand down her back to her hips, down to her thigh and rubbing her inner thigh with my thumb a bit too close to her mound.

Angela broke the kiss and let out a soft deep sigh tilting her head back. I opened my eyes, stopped moving my thumb and saw total ecstasy on her sweet face. Angela opened her eyes bringing her head forward in a kiss while cupping my face in her hands.

'I guess i am a homosexual now. You know Charlie; i didn't even feel for my idiot of a late husband what i feel for you.' Angela said to me as she untangled her legs from behind my back, bringing them to the side of my legs sitting on her heels.

Instead of answering Angela on that i lay down on my back and pulled her with me kissing her gently on her full luscious lips.

'How did you know that i feel something for you Charlie?' Angela asked me lying on top of me supporting herself with her hands pressed against the bonnet next to my head.

'You told me the other night while you were sleeping with your head on my lap before we left my place.' I answered her truthfully.

'How did i tell you if i was sleeping?' Angela looked at me puzzled.

'You talk in your sleep. I spent that whole night listening to you.' I said watching her blush again.

'Oh i totally forgot about that. I'm so sorry Charlie.' Angela apologised.

'Why do you keep apologising for everything Angela?' I asked her as she sat up over me resting her hands on my abdomen.

'Force of habit i guess Charlie. I'm so used to apologising it actually sickens and scares me.' Angela tried to smile but she couldn't.

Angela started crying, leaned forward and pressed her face against my chest. I sat up wrapping her in my arms.

'Angela i will never hurt you like bill hurt you. If he was still alive i would have beaten the crap out of him for beating such a beautiful prize like you and by prize i mean that you are one special catch of a woman to have. It just pisses me off to know that there are people like him who would choose to ruin what they have rather than to protect it with their lives.' I said as i brushed a string of hair behind Angela's ear.

Angela placed her hand over my hand, closed her eyes and kept it there as if she were savouring my touch.

'I know you won't hurt me Charlie. I could see on the first day i meat you that you won't hurt or destroy what you have. I just hope that my daughter will love you as much as i do? She is a tough young girl.' Angela said to me opening her eyes.

Angela got off of me and sat next to me smiling.

'I am sure that we will get along just fine. It might take her a bit of time to get used to me and trust me considering what she has been through with her father beating you.' I said getting off of the bonnet.

Angela sat closer to the edge with her legs hanging off of the side of the bonnet. I stood in front of her between her legs, put my hands on her hips and lifted her off onto her feet. Keeping my hands on her hips i planted a kiss on Angela's lips.

'It is getting very late, i guess we should have something to eat and get some sleep before we move on tomorrow morning. We have at least two days of traveling left to do.' I said taking Angela's hand in mine and leading her to the back passenger door.

'Yes your right, it is getting rather late.' Angela answered.

We got inside set our bed and got something out the back to eat. After dinner we spent a few more hours talking about her daughter and what bill did to them. What she told me about him just made my blood boil in my veins. It always made me so mad when i heard about men abusing their wives and children or vice versa. Men and woman like that did not deserve to breath never mind having what they had.

We both fell asleep in each other's arms just enjoying the warm friendly touch we had to offer.

*********************

Walking into an old beaten up hospital i looked around and listened for any signs of life. I can only hear screaming and growling in the dusty hallways and rooms. I am walking as if floating. I am looking for someone, someone that is very important to me. Fighting my way through zombies i stood still in front of two big white swinging doors that lead to an operating room.

I can hear my heart beating in my ears, my pulses are racing, my breathing is accelerated, the hairs on my neck are rising to the occasion and all my senses are on full alert. I can sense an evil behind those doors with the person... No... People i am looking for. They are in terrible danger. I started breaking into a cold sweat as i pushed through the doors.

A bright white light is shining in my eyes. I lift my hand over my face to block out the light. While my eyes are adjusting to the light i can hear a woman and a daughter calling out to me, their voices sound very familiar to me. It is Angela and her daughter. Lowering my hand i can see a man standing next to them. Angela and her daughter are each tied to a gurney with leather straps.

I know this man; he is one of the scientists that worked with me on regencell. His name is mark. I am looking around the room to see if i can use anything as a weapon. I see a pink backpack lying on the floor next to me. There is a name on it; it reads 'Sarah'.

*******************

Angela was preparing breakfast and coffee on a small gas stove we took from the coffee shop when she heard me yell something in my sleep. She ran to the vehicle and tried to wake me up. Shaking me and calling my name i suddenly sat up.

'Sarah!' I yelled opening my eyes.

I dropped down onto my back. Angela stuck her head in through the open door over my head.

'Relax... You just had a bad dream Charlie.' Angela said trying to calm me down.

I was covered in a cold sweat with my blood pumping through my veins out of anger.

'No Angela this was no dream, it felt so real.' I said sitting up and getting out of the vehicle.

Angela handed me a cup of coffee and breakfast on a paper plate. I downed my coffee not even worrying about the heat and ate as much as i could. The dream really bugged me.

'Angela what is your daughter's name?' I asked her trying not to look so concerned.

'Her name is Sarah. Why are you asking?' Angela said knowing very well that she never told me her daughter's name and that i yelled out her name as i woke up.

'It's the dream i had. It's really bugging me. You never told me her name before. I know who that scientist is and what he is doing in that hospital. That was no dream i had, that was a premonition.' I said standing up and walking from one side to the other thinking about everything i saw.

'A premonition?' Angela asked me confused.

'Yes, you are going to think that i am crazy when i tell you about it.' I said boiling more water.

I made us each another cup of coffee and explained my 'dream' to Angela. She couldn't believe that i knew exactly what the hospital looks like. I also explained to her what Sarah looks like. I have never been at that hospital before and Angela never showed me a photo of Sarah.

'Okay, i don't think that you're crazy at all. I have seen a lot of weird things in the last few months that surprised me. This doesn't surprise me one bit.' Angela said keeping a straight face looking up at me.

I stood still in front her and pulled her to her feet. I twisted my arms around her waist in a hug. Angela stood still for a moment and wrapped her arms around my neck.

'I promise that i won't let anything happen to you or Sarah. I know it's a difficult promise to keep but i am going to keep this one.' I said looking into Angela's blue eyes.

'You don't have to promise me anything Charlie. I know that you would take good care of us both no matter what. You proved that to me last night.' Angela said kissing me gently on the lips.

We cleared up our supplies and packed it all in the back of the hummer. I let Angela drive for a bit while i sat on the back seat meditating with my legs crossed, eyes closed and my arms resting on my legs. I could feel everything that was going on in my body and around me.

I locked all the noise from around me out my mind and concentrated on my body. I couldn't hear anything anymore; there was only my breathing and heartbeat. It sounded like an in-tune rhythm. Slowly breathing i concentrated harder on my brain. I seemed to be floating my way all kinds of weird looking tunnels. There was electricity flowing all around me in the walls, floor and roof of the tunnels.

I was inside my own brain. I followed a narrow stretch of tunnel leading to a part of my brain i never used before; it looked like a big round room. It was pumping with energy. I came to a holt and uncrossed my legs to stand on my feet. There was someone standing in the middle of this room. I walked closer to that person. She turned around to face me; i was facing myself. She was different; stronger than i could ever be. Her eyes turned into a glowing white light and she stretched her hand out to me.

I stretched my hand out flat against hers. I felt electricity flowing from her to me through our fingertips. She disappeared into dust right in front of my eyes. She was inside of me flowing like electricity; an unknown power never explored by anyone before.

I opened my eyes looking straight into the rear-view mirror into Angela's eyes. She stepped on the breaks bringing the hummer to a screeching holt and turned in the seat facing me.

'What's happening to you Charlie?' Angela asked me turning the rear-view mirror so i could see.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my eyes glowing bright white and i was floating in the air a few inches up from the seat.

'Angela, i do believe that i just unlocked all of my powers through meditating. I wish you could experience this. This is so amazing.' i said to Angela relaxing.

'I can see it Charlie but i can hardly believe it. You are floating.' Angela sat there with her mouth gaping just staring at me.

'Let's see if i can get a hang of these powers.' I said taking a deep breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth.

Closing my eyes i concentrated on relaxing my body. My body felt like an overloaded breaker. My heartbeat and pulses slowed down and i could feel the energy subsiding. I opened my eyes to look at Angela; she saw the light in my eyes fading smaller and smaller into my pupils till she could only see my green eyes again. My body plonked down onto the seat with my legs waving in the air and my head hitting the inside panel of the back left passenger door.

'Well, that is one thing i have to get used to.' I said smiling at the pain in my head.

'Next time when you do that could you please wait until we are standing still? Preferably somewhere safe outside of the hummer. You scared the living hell out of me back there. I almost crashed into a tree.' Angela asked me relaxing into the seat.

'Ooh, I'm sorry Angela. I didn't mean to scare you like that. I always meditate when i think about something, this time something else happened to me. I had to face myself and unlocked all my powers in the process. That was just way too weird.' I said sitting up rubbing my head.

Without saying a word Angela started the vehicle and drove off with a spin. I climbed over to the front passenger seat and reclined the backrest. That little episode drained all the energy from me. I felt tired and helpless at that moment. I was sitting there watching the world go by then i looked at Angela and put my hand on her leg. Angela just smiled at my hand then returned her eyes to the road.

I woke up i short while later alone in the car. I got out and saw that Angela stopped in a town. Angela was nowhere to be seen. There were a big pile of zombies lying in front of a supermarket. I grabbed my shotgun and walked towards the pile of death. The wounds on the bodies were fresh. I stepped around the pile and into the supermarket. I heard a trolley being wheeled down the aisles.

'Why didn't you wake me up?' I asked Angela yawning with my arms stretched out over my head.

Angela shot around in surprise pointing her pistols at me.

'Sorry girl, i didn't mean to scare you. I saw your handy work outside the door.' I said to Angela grabbing a pack of crisps from the shelf next to me.

'You looked so peaceful i didn't want to wake you. God you really know how to get me in a flat spin, don't you Charlie? After the episode in the car i just needed to blow off some steam.' She said throwing stuff in the trolley.

'Hah, if that is how you blow off some steam i will think twice in the future about scaring you. By the way, i see your bite mark has healed very nicely.' I pointed to her shoulder blade while taking a bite of a chip.

'Yes i noticed this morning. It healed very quickly; quicker than what it normally takes me to heal. Do you think i could be changing like you did?' She asked me stopping the trolley and turning around.

'It could be girl. I healed just as quick when i was bitten but i also think you healing so quick is because i injected you with my white blood cells and a few other stuff.' I said following her through the aisles.

On our way to the door i stopped and walked over to the cigarette counter grabbing a few cartons of smokes and a few lighters. I turned around with my arms full looking at Angela.

'Really Charlie, you can just as well grab a few cartons of menthol for me.' She said with a smirk.

'Sure thing babe, let me just throw this in the trolley.' I said tossing the cartons in the trolley and turning back to the counter.

I grabbed a smaller trolley on my way there and filled it up with more cartons for both of us and grabbed all the packets of bulk matches off the shelf.

'Do you think this would be enough to last us for a few months?' I turned around with the trolley in a spin.

'Yes i think that would definitely be enough Charlie.'

We went back to the car and emptied the two full trollies into the back of the vehicle. After i closed the back door i grabbed Angela and gave her a kiss.

'I don't know about you girl but i could do with a hot shower. Maybe we can look for a hotel somewhere or an empty house? I saw that this town still has power for some reason.' I said letting go of her and getting into the driver's seat.

Angela got in on the other side and checked in the cabriole for my map booklet. She flew through the pages stopping at a street map of this town. She followed the roads on the map with her fingers.

'Okay there is a hotel left on the next block; it's situated right on a T-junction.' She said to me lifting her eyes from the booklet.

'Sweet, let's go shower.' I said starting the hummer.

At the next block i turned left and drove right through the gate to the hotel. I pulled up right at the lobby to get a key for any of the rooms.

Angela and i both got out of the hummer and locked the doors. With our weapons ready we walked into the hotel hand in hand.

The place looked deserted and dusty. The smell of rot and death filled the air. There were a few eaten bodies lying around and the place was painted red with blood. My senses picked up on something. I looked around in the corners of the lobby and saw that the cameras were still working and following our every move.

'We've got someone watching us Angela.' I said nodding at the cameras.

'Yes i saw them when we entered at the door Charlie. I will get the key while you check it out. I will wait here for you.' Angela said walking over to the counter, got a key and waited for me.

Behind the counter i saw a door with security written on it. I watched the cameras around us and noticed that neither one of them can turn toward that door. I looked at the wall next to the door and noticed an air vent leading toward the security room. I opened the vent and crawled inside being very quiet.

Angela walked back toward the counter and stood behind it.

Angela crouched down to one knee behind the counter in front of the security office's door. I leopard crawled through the vent finding a grid panel that dropped right into the room. I lay still for a while checking it out. A guy was standing up from his chair from in front of the cameras grabbed a gun and walked to the door.

The man stood next to the door getting ready to open it. I silently open the grid and left it hanging on its hinges. I waited for the guy to stand in front of the door with his back to me. I quietly dropped down and snuck up behind him. Just as he opened the door pointing his gun at Angela i grabbed him from behind making him drop his weapon out of fear.

'We mean you no harm man. We just need a room to rest for a while then we will be on our way.' I said still keeping my arm around his neck and my machine gun pointing to his lower back.

'No problem at all, you ladies can take as long as you'd like.' He said shaking in my arms.

'Who are you and are you alone here?' Angela asked him.

'My name is Kenny. I used to work here in security. Now i just spend my days here killing zombies. I live in the first room around the corner on ground level. There are a few of us here trying to fix this place up for any survivors passing through.' He said as i let him go.

'Where are your friends then?' I asked him walking past him through the door.

'They are all out for building supplies. They will be back in about ten minutes. I was left here to guard the hotel.' He said picking up his gun.

Angela and i looked at each other and held hands. The guy looked sincere but he also looked like we couldn't trust him.

'Well we are just passing through and will be leaving in an hour. We just need a place to shower.' Angela said lifting up her hand showing him the key.

'Sure thing, be my guests. I will let the others know not to disturb you ladies.' Kenny said just as more people walked in through the doors.

'Oh look James; we finally have our first guests.' A woman said to a man standing next to her.

'Hi ladies, my name is James, this is my wife char main and these are our children Charles, Raymond and Jane.' He said pointing to everyone.

'Hi there, my name is Charlie and this is my girl Angela.' I said putting my arm around Angela's shoulders.

'As our first guests i think that you can stay for free considering the condition the place is in. As you can see we are still clearing it out and fixing it up.' Charmaine said walking toward the counter to put down a few things in her hands.

'Thank you very much char main, we will only be staying for an hour or so. We still have a long way to travel.' Angela said checking the room number on the key in her hands.

'No problem at all, you just call us if you need anything.' She said looking at the two of us.

'Jane will lead you to your room and if you want Charles and Raymond will wash your vehicle for you.' James said pointing to the hummer in front of the lobby.