The Lost Lord Ch. 14

Story Info
A hurricane of strange occurrences force our hand.
9.5k words
4.7
29.9k
29

Part 12 of the 25 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 03/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers

Chapter 14 - Sandstorms Suck

"Let's make things interesting now..." The white demon, Justinian said this to the entire assembly. Several heads tilted in confusion at the words of the unfathomable man. It was said, now that the old Lord of Lust is gone, that the Shah of Sloth is now the most mysterious and baffling of Rulers of Sin. No one, except those he confided and trusted in, could understand or tell what the demon was thinking. "Yes... I think I know what I want to do now."

No one knew what to say in this situation, not the district leaders, the Pillar of Lust, nor the ambassadors. Rainer assumed that since they were his subordinates, that the Anubite, Chigaru, and the Jaguar, Yaotl knew what was going on. Rainer, as he was supposed to be the representative of the entirety of this circle, decided to grow a pair, "Ah, what do you mean by 'interesting'?"

Justinian was switching his eyesight between everyone in the room, as if categorizing each person. Caetorum was currently clenching his teeth, he wouldn't do anything yet, but if something threatened his new liege's safety, he would move. Tozomat took a position that showed he was ready for anything. Teras stood still, though she had her eyes strained for anything unusual. Little Rouge smiled in the corner of her mouth, she was clearly intrigued by Justinian's words. Asmodea inched towards Rainer, ready to fight. Each of the district leaders had a slightly different reaction, some were interested, others defensive, and some apprehensive. Katiyana sipped her cold drink, her actions made it clear she didn't want to get involved. Iris ruffled her feathers, unsure whether to take action or stay relaxed. The ambassadors observed the situation with interest.

Justinian waited a small while, as if he was sorting out what to say in his head, before he replied to Rainer's question, "Oh nothing serious. As you know, a Ruler of Sin like you, or myself cannot be weak physically or mentally. I'm not doubting the last lord's choice as an heir, but I feel like it's my duty in order to investigate whether you will be a proper Lord of Lust." Justinian spoke without care, as if the situation meant nothing to him. "It's been eighteen years since a Lord of Lust ruled here. Of course myself and the other Rulers of Sin want to know whether you are worthy enough. Though myself and the Warmaster of Wrath are the only two bothering to do something about it."

"Warmaster of Wrath? What's this fellow have to do with the situation? As far as I know, you're the only Ruler of Sin here except for me." Rainer took the diplomatic approach, being unused to politics, diplomacy, or demons like Justinian in general, Rainer decided to play it passively with his words.

"I am not the usual ambassador. I was ordered here by the esteemed Warmaster." A voice joined the conservation without fear, Asura, Wrath's ambassador stood up from his seat in order to make himself known. "I do not know how, but Justinian assured the Warmaster he will take care of things, so I will follow his lead."

"Mmmhmm, as Fury said, I am going to hold a little test for you. It will be a fair one, I assure you. I am also collaborating with Arazra on this too." Justinian then said a name that resonated with everyone's minds in the room. Some people hated Arazra with passion, some respected him, and some just don't give a fuck, though everyone acknowledged the name.

"So... You, this Warmaster, and Arazra are all planning a test to see if I'm worthy to be a Lord of Lust?"

"Well, the Warmaster and I are doing that. Arazra thinks this is an honest assassination attempt. Even though I assured him that isn't my true intent. Though you may die during this test, if that is the case, then it just means you weren't really meritorious enough for the throne. As I said, it is a completely fair test, I won't make it one sided in the slightest, despite Arazra's protests." Justinian ended his words with slight annoyance, as if he didn't really like Arazra in the first place. Undoubtedly, Justinian would have arranged a test for Arazra, if he were going to be inaugurated as the Lord of Lust in Rainer's position.

It was a conversation between two Rulers of Sin, no one in the room dared to intrude for fear of punishment, even though Rainer or Justinian wouldn't have minded in the slightest. "Alright, this test sounds fun, I'll do it. If it is fair as you say, I'm fairly confident at what you throw at me. What does this test have for me?" Rainer answered the Shah of Sloth's challenge with a determined confidence; he wasn't intimidated in the slightest.

"Well, don't you have the sanguine attitude. 'Tis a simple contest between your people and mine. You're supposed to be a Ruler of Sin, so I'm sure you can handle tactics and guile in a battle. Any planning done in this contest will be done by you and you alone, although you may take suggestions from your subordinates. I'll allow you to choose up to nine people to accompany you. I have ten already chosen."

"Huh... In that case, may I know whom these people are that you've chosen? I'd like to know the names of the people whose ass I'll be handing to you." Rainer had not been in a fight in quite a while. The fight between him and the angel was exciting indeed, Rainer was thrilled to be able to feel the adrenaline rush he got from the fight again today."

"Eh, sure why not. You will be fighting against Yaotl, Chigaru, and Asura here." Yaotl and Chigaru each a step forward, Asura on the other hand was surprised at the situation. He clearly wasn't informed on this test Justinian had planned, though he welcomed it by smiling and walking towards the Shah of Sloth to join him. Justinian continued, listing off Rainer's opponents, "You'll also be fighting two people from Black Steps, Avandar and Luce." Rainer was surprised at the name of Avandar. He recalled the fight he witnessed the other day between Avandar and the late Cairz. Avandar was a skilled swordsman, Rainer was glad to have a little bit of information on one of his enemies. "Also, you will be fighting the five man assassination group known as the Parish. Their names are Archibald, Elizabeth, Veronica, Forsythe, and Reginald. Those are your ten opponents, confer with your subordinates and choose your team. I will wait outside with the three of us until you are ready." Confident that Rainer wouldn't attempt anything while he was out of the room, Justinian, Yaotl, Chigaru, and Asura exited the meeting room.

The room remained silent, most were either too stunned or were contemplating the situation in their heads. Rainer was part of the latter; he had always kept a cool head, even under extreme pressure, back on Earth. He had been in bad situations, lethal ones, though he always had a plan frighteningly similar to those you find in action movies. Which of the ten in this room would he take with him? He felt it slightly obvious that the Pillar of Lust would accompany with him. Neither Caetorum nor Asmodea would have it any other way. That would make six people, so what about the other four? He would feel more comfortable if Nerissa, Lauren, and Aureal came with him, but would they be good choices and are they even skilled enough to fight the enemies Justinian mentioned? Even if they came, what about the tenth person? Time to confer with everyone. "Alright, well to get it out there, I'm sure the pillar people will be coming."

"Of course, my lord Rain Rain." That nickname is annoying. Asmodea sounded out her confirmation.

"Obviously, young lord. I will not let any harm come to my liege." Caetorum sent in his confirmation, well he was a gimmie.

Tozomat vigorously nodded his head, out of all the pillar members, Tozomat had guarded Rainer the most (of what little time Rainer had spent since he entered the Land of Lust, he also protected the previous lord the most, only being second to Asmodea.

"I'mmmmm sure ifffff I come along, there'll beeeee plenty offffff fun enemies to fight! I'mmmmm so there.♡" Little Rouge flexed her slender arms, Rainer could feel bloodlust emanating from her.

"I'm a part of the Pillar of Lust. OF course I'm going to fight. MY superior magical strength will annihilate their magic to atomies." Teras had a deranged look in her eyes, Rainer was sure she would make good on her words.

Rainer nodded to each of the pillar members, thankful for their support. "Well, then for the other four..."

Nerissa was the first to raise her hands, "I'M GOING! This'll be my first battle fighting with my fiancée... Oh I'll treasure this memory!" Nerissa looked up in a dreamlike state. Rainer had yet to see Nerissa's abilities, though he had seen some of her martial prowess back on Earth.

"I am Master's humble servant. I wish to fight for him, besides, I believe my light will prove a powerful asset against the demons we go against." Rainer had seen both her light and dark magic, as well as her martial strength, he was confident in her abilities.

"Well, now that you two are going to fight, I'll just look like a lazy koala. I don't want that, so I will help." Despite the analogy, Lauren showed her enthusiasm and intent to take part in the contest.

"Koala? What's that? Sounds cute! ♡" That particular question came from Rouge, though why she was interested, Rainer had no idea.

"I'll show you after we win this fight. Now what about the tenth of our cohort?"

"We will need someone versatile and flexible. This will be an unpredictable battle. My lord, I honestly wish that you didn't accept the Shah's proposition. We could have moved on without taking part." Caetorum voiced his opinion honestly, Rainer had made it known that he liked it when people were open minded with their thoughts. So he was not scared to voice his disapproval of Rainer's actions.

"Yes, I am surprised that the Shah was the one to show up. He was the second most likely to do so, after the Emperor of Envy. I thought the Princess of Pride would be the one to show up, as her daughter was here and she was a ally to the Land of Lust for a long time." Asmodea added quizzically.

"Well, it doesn't really matter now. I accepted and I intend to win. Besides, we're all pretty strong here, aren't we?"

"We may be known as the strongest in all of the Land of Lust, but that does not mean there are not demons just as strong, in or out of the Land of Lust. The Parish is a group only known by the vast sea of rumors about them, and they are not pretty. I fought against one of them once, Veronica, though it was a long time ago. So I do not know how much they have changed. She was very skilled as far as I know." Asmodea said as a word of caution, "In any case, let us decide on the tenth person to fight against us. We have a pretty versatile group with a little of everything."

"Dooooo we have any volunteers? ♡"

Five different people offered their assistance, the rest silently observed. The ones who offered were: Zagan, Azail, Sitri, Alizae, and Iris. Each of them made their bid in order to join the team, Rainer had no idea of the level each of them were, but he decided to leave it up after they spoke. Each were prominent members of Lust's Court, with three of them being black demons.

"I have yet to participate in such an interesting battle in the name of the Land of Lust, though I won't mind if I don't, I would be glad to assist." Zagan said this as he puffed out his armored chest.

"I'm only interested in participating because I have a grudge against Black Steps. They interfered with a conflict in my district. Either way, Black Steps needs to be taught a little something. Azail seethed with slight anger, despite being an incubus, Rainer felt wrath coming from him.

"As for me, I want to fight against Asura. He is, after all, a member of the Pillar of Wrath. This would be a perfect chance to measure my skills against one of Wrath's finest, Fury." Alizae let out a small laugh, amused with herself for some unknown reason.

"I just want to impress this handsome Lord of Lust with my abilities, perhaps make him fall for me with my beauty while I fight? Maybe I can be your new fiancée?" Sitri flashed a smirking look towards Nerissa, who was clearly annoyed. Rainer flinched backwards, slightly. Everyone else either rolled their eyes, sighed, or mumbled to themselves something meant for Sitri. With such a mischievous reason for wanting to fight, Rainer was uncertain whether Sitri actually was taking the matter seriously (which she wasn't). "Also, I reaaaaaaaally don't like Arazra's choice of assassins, The Parish."

"I serve the Lord of Lust. I said before I will fight and die for the Lord of Lust, and I want to prove my loyalty." Simple and direct, Rainer had to admire her ardent zeal.

Rainer had no idea who would be a good choice to join him for the test. He turned to his 'advisors' for help.

"Zagan, he would be a good front line fighter. I've never seen him leave a battle until its finished, he almost always comes out with wounds that should incapacitate a normal demon. However that's against the small fry, he is strong enough to fight one on one with our enemies in this fight, though his risky behavior might be a problem." Caetorum gave a brief description on Zagan, emphasizing his recklessness.

"Hmmmm, Alizae issssss good fun, I've sparred with her before, she isssss quite strong with her martial arts. Assssss for aaaaa weakness... Well, I'ddddd say she isn't reckless enough. Too cautious, though that may beeeee a good point innnnn a way! ♡"

Caetorum then addressed the points of Azail, "In my opinion, I would choose Azail. He uses a bow to shoot magic bolts with increased precision and accuracy. It requires a diligent mind to concentrate using magic while aiming a bow; he's quite tactful and courageous at the same time. If I had to find fault in him... He's childish on the levels of Little Rouge." Caetorum seemed to have respect for Azail, though his enthusiasm for his description completely plummeted to a muffled whisper near the end.

"Now now, Cae Cae. You can gooooooooo screw yourself! ♡"

"Not your most eloquent moment."

"Yea, I'mmmmmm working onnnnnn some material.♡"

"Moving ON..." Teras, who was the most serious Rainer had ever seen, began to describe Sitri. "Sitri, as you know Lord Rainer, IS quite the flirt, she's more interested in men than she is fighting. Though IF she's out to impress a guy, then she will go all out. She's quite competitive with Alizae, so they both have equal levels of martial arts knowledge and skill. And both being black demons, they're more powerful than most. In my opinion, thanks to the circumstances, I nominate her." Yea, that pretty much summed up what Rainer already thought about Sitri.

"As for Iris..." Asmodea just now decided to chime in with the last person for some reason, "She's the most zealous of the five, I can give her that."

"How do Harpies even fight? They got no hands." Rainer didn't have a clue.

"I am getting to that." Asmodea cleared her throat after Rainer's interruption, "Magic, obviously doesn't require arms or hands in order to be used. They can grasp weapons with their claws, or even use their razor sharp claws. I have never witnessed her in a fight, but as she is the queen of her kind, she is most definitely not weak. Their race is quite violent, towards themselves or our enemies."

They all discussed it for a short while longer, until Rainer came up with a decision. It was like a reality TV show, where the five contestants were all competing for the final, prize-winning spot. "Alright, as I have only just met with you all today, I chose Sitri. I, uh, have a weak spot for women that call me handsome like that."

"Ahah! Spoken like a true Lord of Lust, I like you." Zagan laughed heartily, he was like that one dwarf you would read about in a book or see in a movie that drank and laugh constantly through the whole epic.

"Mmmm! You won't regret your decision. When I'm fighting for such a handsome guy, I can't be stopped!" Sitri, filled with gusto flashed a smirk towards Alizae, confirming their rival relationship Rainer was told about.

Nerissa frowned, but didn't argue. She clearly wasn't a fan of Rainer's choice, but relented. "Ah, can someone inform Justinian that we are ready to begin this contest." Rainer started getting excited, this contest would be a life and death situation, yet Rainer felt anxious. He had been in a situation where a wrong move meant death, however, Rainer would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy the feeling he had in a fight. Even if it was due to the thrill of an adrenaline rush.

Estair (the ninth district leader) motioned one of his retainers. One of the young demon girls left the room; she was understandably scared, as she had to now speak alone to a Ruler of Sin, a member of the Pillar of Wrath, and two dangerous subordinates of the Shah of Sloth. Justinian entered the room alone, none of the three who followed him out came with. "I assume you are ready to take my test?"

"Yea, I'm ready to win this damned thing."

"Confidence, how precious. Like I haven't seen that before. All right, I will take you to the area where you will be fighting my group. Neither your team nor mine have any knowledge of the terrain, I want this to be fair. Both sides will have exactly one day of the time of the world you will be in to investigate your half of the surroundings and make your plans. After that, do have some fun. The side that survives will win, basic survival rules. Although in this case, any demon, angel, or human that is rendered unconscious, unable to fight or move, or dies, will be teleported out."

"Of the world we will be in? What's that mean..." As far as Rainer knew, he had no idea how Justinian could teleport him and his group to another world without the teleportation stones or monument. Asmodea had informed Rainer that Tozomat is one of the few demons that can move between worlds or realms without the need of stones or monuments, though that was one demon.

"Ah, well. Hmmm... Oh, there we go, right, done!" Justinian looked thoughtful for a moment, as if he completely didn't know what or how he was going to do what Rainer said. Though he apparently remembered. Rainer and his chosen nine companions were whisked away. Unlike the experience Rainer had felt when he went through the portal Asmodea had made to enter the Land of Lust, the scenery blacked out in front of eyes, great force pushed against Rainer, forcing him to close his eyes. Rainer felt pressure on the level of being in the middle of an ocean, though it did not kill or damage his body. Rainer felt like he was being pulled in different directions, going left and then jerking to the right. A carnival ride in hell was the only way Rainer could describe it. How true his description was.

When Rainer was able to open his eyes, he was still, lying on a warm, hard surface. Heated air came in from all direction, Rainer opened his eyes to see world completely different than Earth or the Land of Lust. He was in a ruin, filled with orange sand. Orange tinted bricks formed a room, and ultimately an entire castle like structure, although it would now be called a ruin. The stone room contained no furnishings, only stone slabs, a stone table, and a doorway that led to more of the ruin. He walked out of the room, partly because of his desire to explore and in order to find his companions.

It wasn't long until he found someone. In a courtyard in the middle of the ruins, four of the ten of Rainer's group had gathered. Asmodea, Tozomat, Teras, and Sitri were there, and now with Rainer they were five. The courtyard was an oasis in the orange desert feeling the ruin gave off. Green plants adorned the circumference of a circular pond. A lone, tall tree stood in the middle. It seemed like a mix of a mangrove with its large, branching roots, a sequoia with its massive trunk, and an evergreen with its tiered needles. "Ah, there you are, my lord. It seems that the rest of us are either together somewhere else or lost."

TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers