The Lost Lord Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers

"Yea, well let's find everyone else before we do anything else. It'd be safer that way." As Rainer had to be the sole tactician for his side in this contest, he brought out a confident voice and his logical part of his mind. "Does anyone happen to know where we are?"

"I am not certain, as I have never seen a place like this before. Though if I am to make an educated guess, I would bet that we are located within the realm of Hell."

"THE Hell? The one where sinful souls and spirits go when they die?" Rainer lost composition for a moment before regaining his voice. Since he arrived in the Land of Lust, he broadened his mind, readying himself to accept whatever fantastical noun life threw at him, yet Hell still set him aback.

"Yes, there are three realms where dead souls dwell, Heaven where the virtuous live, Hell where the sinful live, and Purgatory where humanoids dwell. A unique clan of demons tends Hell, or else it would overflow and its monstrosities would seep to the other realms. If I am correct, then it would be best to group with everyone quickly as you said. I wonder how Justinian managed this? Perhaps there is some unique spell that allows easy transfer between Hell and the other realms... Do you know, Teras?"

"There IS no spell that I am not aware of. This is indeed a mystery that I will have to unravel. No matter, this battle is our main priority... I am going to have fun using my superior magic against our foes."

"Yea, right. Well, who is best suited to flight? I want that person to see if they can spot our friends or foes from the air. Then we'll break into two groups of two to search for everyone. We'll meet back here when or if we find everyone in approximately an hour or two. This tree will serve as a good landmark." Rainer laid out his plan that he hoped was reasonable. He had played a strategy game or two which required such tactics, though whether they would prove useful in real life would be a myth he would soon find out.

"I, OF course, am best suited for the air. My magic will allow me to fly keenly and with haste." Teras said this as she stretched out her purple wings; she unfurled her umbrella and chanted a short spell before taking flight. Mary Poppins much? She flew unlike any demon or angel he had seen yet, practically floating more than flying.

"I must request, my lord, that you accompany either I or Tozomat until we find the others. It is not that I distrust Sitri nor doubt her abilities, but it is a duty of ours of the Pillar of Lust to protect you until death." Asmodea said this as Tozomat nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Ah, ok. Well, we do have a day until the actual battle begins; I doubt we'll be attacked until then. Still, I'll placate you and team up with Tozomat." Rainer chose Tozomat, as he didn't want to play the favorite game between Asmodea and Sitri. When it came to matters like those, Rainer was apt to dodge and retreat.

Thankfully, neither Sitri nor Asmodea complained and went along with the groupings. Their group went off towards the West with caution, while Rainer began walking with Tozomat in the opposite direction. "So, why don't you talk so much?" Rainer asked with curiosity, he had heard the story from Asmodea, but he wanted to know if it was true or if there was an underlying reason he rarely spoke.

"..." Silence, like Rainer didn't expect that.

"Asmodea said that the previous lord guy said you spoke too much, that true?"

"..." Silence again, though this time Tozomat made a gesticulation that said 'Kinda'.

"Well, do you mind telling me why you don't talk? With words, wait... With spoken words?" Rainer negated any attempts by Tozomat to avoid any chances at not using words, or so he thought.

Tozomat swept a finger across his mouth, Rainer wasn't sure what he was doing at first, but realized it after the silent demon finished. Rainer felt dark energy on Tozomat's face, changing the formation of the flesh across his face. Tozomat was actually using minor shadow manipulation magic to change his form. Soon, the oral cavity disappeared, and all Rainer could see was a smooth valley of skin and flesh where the demon's mouth should have been. Startled at first, Rainer stared slack-jawed at the bizarre sight. Staring for several seconds, Rainer convulsed and let out some giggles. It was a slightly morbid sight, seeing no mouth, though Rainer couldn't help but laugh at Tozomat's outlandish face.

If he could, Tozomat would have been smiling right then. The two continued their half mute banter while the explored the ruins, searching for the other five of their team. It wasn't long until they found someone. Tozomat, who was back to his original form, pointed off from a balcony to the surrounding land. Rainer strained his eyes to make out what he saw. Hell wasn't as bad as everyone thought, Rainer decided. While it was an orange, hot, and mostly lifeless desert, at least of what he saw, it wasn't as dreadful as he originally thought of it. It was still far from pleasant, however. There were crevices that spewed fire, though somewhat infrequently from a narrow vent. Vents spouted hot steam. Other than the green oasis he saw in the ruin, there was no sign of life. Sturdy trees that evolved to live in this harsh were sparse, and offered little shade. Plenty of orange rocks were scattered amongst the sands and crags of the land. From the balcony, Rainer managed to make out what Tozomat was pointing at. In another tower of the ruins, a lone figure was standing on top, covering her eyes from the light. The figure appeared to be searching the land just like Rainer and Tozomat were. Eventually, with the help of Rainer waving his arms, the figure spotted him and waved back. The figure gestured towards the bottom of the tower, asking for them to meet the person there. The figure was still indiscernible from this distance, but Rainer was confident that the figure was friendly.

Tozomat and Rainer outstretched their wings, ready to take flight. Rainer still wasn't confident with his wings, but he had gotten some practice back at the palace. Tozomat leaped flawlessly from the balcony ledge, making his way towards the bottom of the tower. Rainer had to learn perfect flying eventually, it would be sad if the Lord of Lust could fail to do such a simple task that most demons with wings learned before they turned teen. Rainer fumbled over the balcony ledge and manipulated the muscles that connected him to his wings. As he never used wings for most of his life, it felt slightly unnatural to have wings on his back flapping. Despite that, Rainer considered the act of flying without aircraft one of the coolest experiences ever. Rainer managed to keep himself in the air, albeit amateurishly. Despite using more stamina than he thought would be needed, Rainer made it to the tower thanks to his demonic constitution.

When Rainer made it to the bottom of the tower, Tozomat was already having a one-sided conversation with the figure from the tower. Thankfully, the person was Caetorum, a sane soul. Caetorum was a reliable demon according to Rainer, he felt somewhat safer now that he was with two members of the Pillar of Lust. Even more so because of the fact they were male, so Rainer's chastity was safe from anyone (not that he minded having it taken). Rainer had learned that not a day went by that a lust demon could go without sex, so you better watch out if you're trying to accomplish that.

"I am glad I finally met up with someone. Now I can continue my duty to protect the young lord." Caetorum sounded relieved, though he was out of breath.

"Well, I formed a plan with Asmodea, Teras, Sitri, Tozomat, and I. Teras is scouting from the sky, hopefully to find our comrades or gain any information on our enemy. Asmodea and Sitri are searching on the other side of these ruins, we'll be meeting back in the main courtyard of this place."

"That sounds reasonable. I have confirmed our location in the meantime since I came here."

"Asmodea hypothesized that it was Hell."

"Yes, her assumption is correct. This is Hell's Famine. It is for those who have sinned with great gluttony. As for the exact location, I do not know. Any souls that manage to find a minuscule amount of sustenance will have to defend themselves lest other souls take it. As for the reason why we do not see the dead souls, it is simply because that we are alive, also we are not part of the clan of demons that tends to hell. Any food or drink we find will have to be searched for carefully."

"Well, we're lucky then. The courtyard where we will meet back at is luckily a small oasis."

"Really? That seems almost too easy. Though I will not look a gift horse in the mouth. Hmmm, it is getting dark. It seems to have been approximately an hour and forty-four minutes since we arrived. I advise that we head back to this meeting place, hope that the others have been found, or find anyone else along the way."

"Okay. Well, it won't take long to get back, we got here as we were searching for the others carefully. Eh?" Rainer formed a puzzled look as the ground began to rumble. Without any warning, as gust of wind blew through the area, bringing along a sandstorm. It was without any warning. It was as if one formed in the immediate area without any natural preparation. Rainer could rule out interference from the enemy side as it was decided by Justinian that a day would pass before the fight began.

"Tch! I had suspicions about this!" Caetorum yelled this as he pulled Rainer and Tozomat into the tower. When they went through the archway, Caetorum pushed a large piece of conveniently movable debris. "It seems that this is part of the punishment given to the sinful souls. A burning gale of hot wind along with sand that flays like a dagger... The punishing storms of Hell are not to be meddled with. It would be best to wait it out until it passes. Even then, we will not be able to return to this courtyard you mentioned."

Rainer sensed the worry in Caetorum's voice, "Why's that? I definitely agree that we shouldn't go out until the storm passes, but why won't we be able to meet back with the others in the courtyard oasis."

"Part of the storms punishment is to reveal a possibly permanent food and water source. Then the sandstorm passes through, it reforms the entire area, changing passageways, rock formations, and even whole mountains to forever trap a soul in a permanent fight for survival against hunger and thirst. The elation of finding a source of water or food is instantly washed away, slowly chiseling away at a soul's mind. To put it simply, the entire landscape has changed. It is an eternal maze." Caetorum said, solemnly. "Justinian's test is flawed, how can you be tested mentally or tactically if our entire group isn't together? Hell is loathsome."

"Whoa... Hell, yea, that's hell alright. WELL! This'll be fun." Rainer's sarcasm could only prepare him so far.

-

Two figures were standing next to a ruined wall. As far as they could see, only desert sand, dead vegetation, and scorching light was all they could see. On the other side of the wall, there was a set of ruins, which the two had scouted earlier.

"Nerissa, so you said that you know where we are? Like Rainer, all I've ever seen is the human world. So I figured wee were in one of the other circles or somewhere else on the Land of Lust." Said a girl named Lauren, she sounded distressed despite trying to remain placid. She wasn't afraid, but she would have preferred to have all facts straight in front of her. Lauren had dispersed her previous outfit, which would have been unsuited for combat. With a simple magical spell, she summoned her traditional outfit that she had worn in previous fights. It consisted of hardened, padded leather dyed the same colors of her hair, black, green, and a dark pink. For comfort, smooth silk was situated under the leather. She also wore a pointed, pitch-black beanie.

"Yea, I've learned the basics about this place. This is most definitely Hell, or more specifically, Eternal Famine. It is where those who have sinned greatly with the sin of gluttony spend their days in Hell." We better find the rest of our group, and find cover quickly." Nerissa spoke calmly, but with haste. She did not like being so out in the open. She also didn't have her usual vigor and enthusiasm in her voice. It seemed she only spoke so passionately when Rainer was around. Nerissa also dispensed with her regal gown from the meeting. Like Lauren, she summoned her uniform which she had saved since she left the Plains of Pride. It was a flexible metallic uniform, which was reserved for important members in Pride's court. The uniform combined maximum flexibility with maximum defense, it was expensive and rare thus not mass-produced like most sets of armor. The metal had an ebony tint with an elaborate, platinum filigree design. She had a sword belted to her waist. It was a sword without a scabbard, nor did it have any special adornments or designs. Its only special quality would be the sword itself, skillfully smithed with blue, quality metal found only in the circles.

"Hell, I figured I wouldn't see it until I died. I kind of expected more of an... Entrance instead of being plopped in the middle of nowhere next to a ruin. Joking aside, let's do as you say. If what that Shah fellow said is true, then our enemy is in the same situation as us. They're separated and lost, and neither side can interfere until an hour before this exact time tomorrow. Let's operate on that theory and go ahead." Lauren analyzed the situation as best as possible.

"I do not know if the Shah of Sloth is to be trusted, or that the other side will follow his rules. We have no other choice, though."

The two girls made their way along the walls length until they found an opening. Nerissa could have flown Lauren and her over the wall, but they decided to take no chances on being seen by a possible enemy. After coming across a gap in the wall, they peered through in order to discern their surroundings. They could only find more ruined structures, many half covered in orange sand. A single unique structure stood next to an open doorway to a building, it was an obelisk with foreign characters dotted vertically. The two girls approached the obelisk, in a hopeful attempt to gather some information. A glowing blue triangle stood at the tip of the obelisk, though in a peculiar upside down form. As if the tips of both triangular objects balanced perfectly. "Can you tell anything about this? I don't know any languages except those from Earth, and these characters are nothing like those on Earth." Lauren asked inquisitively, in hopes that Nerissa knew something about this language.

"I wish. I believe that this is the language of the of the clan of demons which are the caretakers of Hell, the Devils." Nerissa traced a hand over the symbols, very few knew this language other than the ones that speak it regularly.

"Devils? I thought all demons were considered those, or just the powerful ones."

"No, groups of demons other than the ones living in the circles are generally part of different clans. The more prominent ones are the Devils here, the Rakshasa that serves the General of Gluttony, the Oni, and the Leviathans... Also not to be confused with THE Leviathan of Envy."

"Who's out there? I can hear someone!" A voice run out as the two girls conversed about the obelisk. Nerissa immediately recognized the voice.

"It's Nerissa and Lauren, no one else!" Nerissa called out the voice, in an attempt to placate any possible pre-emptive violence. The voice walked out from the behind the building with the doorway, feathery, blackened wings splayed out with a pale, beautiful girl walking between them, it was Aureal. Aureal was wearing simple clothes that made it easier for strenuous traveling, she had not yet brought forth her armor or weapon.

"I'm relieved, it's you two (though I wish it was Master). Do you already know where we are? If not, I can tell you."

"I informed Lauren, it's Hell, is it not?"

"Correct, I also recommend we take cover immediately, the Vanishing Storm will be here shortly. It randomizes the entire area it passes over. It is... Unpredictable. Should we get caught in it, not only will the storm flay us raw, but we will be lost in the area and separated. This building will be amenable provided we cover the entrance." Following Aureal's advice, the trio stepped into the building and covered it up with a basic magical barrier thanks to Aureal and Lauren.

"Do we have no option but to wait it out?" Lauren didn't want to sound nervous, as she wasn't, but she wanted to confirm the situation.

"Yes, I do not know the duration of the storm or when it will pass, but we will have to assume that we may stay here for awhile. Though I doubt it will take up the entire day we have been given for this contest. We may as well spend our time getting some rest." Assessing the problem, Aureal reluctantly gave said her opinion, as it was not one she liked. She wished that they could leave and search for Master and the rest of their group in order to conspire and plan for this contest of the Shah of Sloth.

"Tsk, it seems we have no other choice. At least there are some furnishings here to make spending a night here bearable." It seemed as if this building in front of the obelisk used to be of importance, as there were indeed fanciful furniture. What was there was simple, though it allowed whomever living there all the basic furnishings needed to live (except for food and water): a king-sized bed, table and chairs, and an empty shelf that must have contained books or decorations. The only odd thing in the room was an unusual stack of corks on the table. "Mmmm, we'll have to share the bed." A mischievous smiled escaped Lauren, as she imagined some sort of fantasy.

It took several seconds for Nerissa to see where Lauren was getting at. Even though she loved only Rainer, and would accept Rainer as the only man she would bed with, women, on the other hand, and ones that she knew and liked, she didn't mind having sex with. Aureal, on the other hand, was oblivious to the situation. Still inexperienced in these types of situations, and sexual innuendo in general, she figured that Lauren was just alluding to the fact that the most comfortable sleep situation would be if they all shared the bed. Nerissa returned the banter accordingly, "Yes, well, I certainly don't mind sharing the bed with you both. The storm may not pass for quite some time."

The bed was of simple make, wooden frame and base. It had an out of place soft mattress, a single pillow, and two sheets, one thick and the other thin. "While warmth in this particular land isn't a problem, it would be more comfortable to share the bed. We have shared one in the Land of Lust so I am not opposed to the idea." Aureal's indifferent tone was indecipherable to Lauren and Nerissa. They couldn't tell if Aureal was going along with their innuendo, or was oblivious and simply going along with the idea of comfortably sleeping for the night. Either way, they were going to involve her soon enough.

"Yes... I do like being comfortable when I sleep. It's so much more fun when we're together!" Nerissa's enthusiastic voice returned when she spoke just now.

Aureal tilted her head confusedly, "Eh? What do you mean?" The angel, despite having multiple encounters (with the same guy) still had yet to grasp the nuances of sexual innuendo.

Lauren sighed, "Aureal, you're still so innocent. Here is what we mean..." Lauren walked up to Aureal and planted her planted a kiss on Aureal.

Aureal widened her eyes in surprise, only then did she realize where the two girls were getting at. Very few seconds passed until Aureal returned the kiss. Her main experience had been with Rainer, though she fooled around with Nerissa during one of her encounters with Rainer. It would be her first time exclusively with a female, and two at that. Lauren held Aureal's pale face in her hands as she pushed her lips forcefully against the angel's own. The angel wriggled around to gain a more comfortable position, yet Lauren was relentless, allowing no change in position. Lauren plunged her tongue deep into Aureal's mouth. She entangled Aureal's own tongue with hers, eliciting a slight moan from the angel.

TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers