The Lost Lord Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
911 Followers

"...You are much different than the previous lord, which is a very good thing."

"Yea, I get that a lot." Rainer rolled his eyes as he imagined how the previous lord actually was.

Rainer half expected the voice from the Grimoire would retaliate, though he didn't have the Grimoire.

Several minutes passed, and Zazie was giving Rainer the [Hierophant].

"...As you have figured out the [Emperor], I am sure you can figure out how to utilize this one by yourself. I wish you the utmost of luck... My love." Zazie practically whispered the few words.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't hear that last part."

"...Ah, nothing. You should go quickly, the faster you save the young witch, the faster you can get back to defending the city." Encouraged Zazie.

As Rainer left, Zazie stared at her deck, which held all but three of her useful cards. Two were in the possession of her dear Lord of Lust, and Arazra was holding the other hostage. Zazie focused her gaze on one card in particular, [Judgment].

Soon, one of her subordinates gave a report to Zazie, "Arazra requests your presence in the city. In taking a certain section of the sixth terrace. He himself will be taking part in the battle over that terrace."

"...How rare. The willful man he is, is actually fighting for once? Very well, gather the rest and join the forces sieging the sixth terrace. I will head over immediately. Is there any information on the particular commanders defending the terrace?"

"There have been sights of three of them, like most of the other terraces. They are Sitri, Caetorum, and a new presence whom we have not confirmed but has been seen giving orders."

"...Hoh? Perhaps I can find some way to take back the [World] in the battlefield. It seems much more likely there. Are all of the men and women of our squad still willing to follow me?" Asked Zazie in a mournful tone.

"To the death, ma'am. It doesn't matter who you follow, we follow who you follow."

"...That's... Thank you."

-

"He was this prepared? I am legitimately impressed at that bastard." Scowled a certain Harpy queen named Iris.

What Iris was referring to was a large squad of forces blocking the paths in the sky and ground in order to prevent her army from passing. Arazra, in order to be safe against reinforcements, ordered a chunk of the fifth district's forces as well as two moderately sized mercenary groups to keep the Harpies at bay or any other incoming groups of reinforcements for as long as possible. Arazra didn't expect them to hold out forever, just as long as possible.

Though if Arazra was one thing, he was cautious. None of the armies of Lust, from any group, should be underestimated. Their leaders are cunning and powerful. Their soldiers are zealous, loyal, and dedicated to their leaders. He even ordered a larger group to move around to the back of the mountains in case any reinforcements knew about the secret passage, though he doubted it.

"Yes, though they are not infinite, they are doing a surprisingly decent job at keeping our girls at bay." Reported Iris' friend, Trais.

"Don't compliment the enemy. Fine, you, Risoi, and Kiryin go out and slaughter them. My Torpor can keep its sleep for now." Sighed Iris.

"I do not mind, but should we not save the Three Furies strength for later? Well, of course its not like we'll waste any." Arrogantly said Trais.

"Just slaughter them, I really want to kill Arazra. Though I guess our new lord will want the pleasure of that to himself. Yes, judging from the looks of it, we can probably overrun the enemy here. Though I doubt this is all, let us get as close as possible to Arazra's forces and attack from behind."

"Of course, Iris." And with that, Trais went off to find her comrades Risoi and Kiryin.

"Any word on the other districts?" Asked Iris to another Harpy nearby waiting on Iris.

"The results leave much to be desired for, milady. Only one of the districts has acknowledged us so far, and that would be Nergal's district.

Iris spat on the ground at hearing that name. "I despise him, but in this dangerous war, we need all the help we can get. That furry bastard is at least decent when it comes to speed. He should arrive even quicker than we did. And his district does have the fastest flying squadrons, at least for demons. They can't match us, the Harpies, of course."

"Lethargy." Commented Iris' attendant as she nodded vigorously.

TheTask
TheTask
911 Followers