The Lost One Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

Zeather snapped his fingers and instantly the fog vanished. Right next to him were several henchmen with Ophealia and Kyra! The two constantly tried to get away but both were bounded.

"Princess!" shouted Grayson.

He was about to charge at Zeather, but Sir Reginald restrained him.

"Stay back, son!" ordered Sir Reginald.

"Now where I? Oh, yes! Surrender or else these lovely ladies will be history." Zeather said.

"No! Don't do it!" cried Kyra.

"Oh, and Lance, I've already captured your men. So you can forget about any last minute miracles."

Lance knew they had no choice. Pristine, Mallian, Drock, Pixie, Lola, and Xack were still out there so maybe they still had a chance. Lance moaned and threw down his sword. Sir Reginald and Grayson did the same.

"Guards!" shouted Zeather.

A few of the guards seized them.

"Now, my trap is set! All I have to do is draw out Pristine."

"No!" protested Lance.

"Oh yes! And if any of your other pals show up, my entire army shall dispose of them."

"You have no heart Zeather!" commented Grayson.

"Ha ha! Indeed I don't. Soon I'll be rid of any threat to me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the spirits took Pristine to the middle of the forest. In the center was a huge waterfall. Pristine felt power radiating from it. The water was so clear, Pristine could see the bottom of the lake, which was a hundred feet deep.

The Earth spirit shouted, "Oh Guardian of the Cave of Corlana! Please reveal yourself to us!"

The waterfall formed into a female figure. Glowing blue eyes opened up.

"Who has summoned me?" she asked.

The spirits urged Pristine forward.

"It is I, Pristine." she said out loud.

The guardian's eyes soften as she smiled.

"I've been waiting for you, Child of Light. You've come for the Sword of Corlana, haven't you?"

"Yes, I have. My parents have told me about it, but I think I've always known about it for I've used it before. I was just afraid to realize who I was."

"I know that princess. The experiences you have had in this lifetime and your other two have been trials for this day. You are worthy of being called 'The Child of Light'. You have done Corlana proud. You may enter now. To get over here though you must leave any items and weapons behind. This includes the Crystal of Life. Also, you can't touch the water for it is sacred."

Nodding, Pristine took off her weapons and bag with the crystal in it. Placing her hands on her chest, she closed her eyes and concentrated. Suddenly, wings of light sprouted from her back as light radiated from her. She flew over the water and landed right next to the guardian.

"I knew you'd be able to use the light inside of you, Pristine. Are you ready?"

"I've been ready for over a thousand years."

Pristine grinned.

"Then enter."

The rest of the water split, revealing the entrance. Pristine took a deep breath and entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next several hours, everyone began to assemble. Mallian was back with her people as the water folk made their preparations for the coming battle. Mallian's eldest brother, Seamus, was the one in charge of the Oceanica army.

"Mallian, I'd rather you and the women and children stay here." said Seamus, who looked to be thirty.

"Seamus, you may be the general, but don't forget who's on the council. I say, we're all going."

In Oceanica, the council held the most power besides the rulers. Mallian was the youngest council member.

"Mallian is right Seamus. Besides, this is the battle that will decide the fate of Serenai. There's no way any of us will miss out on this." added Mallian's younger sister, Coral, who looked to be twenty.

"We won't be in the battle Seamus." replied Mallian.

Seamus sighed before giving up and said, "Oh, very well."

"Thanks big brother!"

Coral hugged him.

"Okay, Mallian, lead us to the designation spot." ordered Queen Emmeraya.

"Yes, your majesty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drock and the dwarfs were already going through the caves that led to the valley.

"Now Papa, can you tell me why we are going to the Unicorn Kingdom?" asked a dwarf boy named Onyx.

"Because my son, Drackor told us that's where the final battle will take place." replied a dwarf named Broc.

"Father, I sure hope we win." replied Drock.

"Oh, we will. I just know it." replied Broc.

Broc is Drock's adopted father.

"I believe you."

"Oh! I can't wait to meet the princess again!" exclaimed Onyx.

"Now Onyx, you just be sure to stick with your mother and sister until the battle is over." ordered Broc.

"Yes, Papa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pixie's group was gathered in the center of the Mystical Forest where the Tree of Spirits was. All of them were gathering their materials and weapons together.

"All right now! I can see we are nearly assembled. Now remember, once the faeries return, we'll be on our way." announced Pixie, who was in charge of the elf division.

That's when a large group of faeries appeared with the midnight swans, golden falcons, and other creatures of that area.

"Wow, I can't believe you found them, Marigold." Pixie gasped at the leader of the faerie division.

"Ha ha, actually it wasn't too hard to find them, since Drackor told them to find us." Marigold laughed.

"I guess everyone is eager to see the princess again." commented the leader of centaurs, Windsor, a silver centaur.

"Oh yes, indeed. Is your division ready Windsor?" asked Pixie.

"Yes, they are."

"Bronzewing! Are the gryphons ready?"

Bronzewing was leader of the gryphon division and was a bronze and brown gryphon.

"Yes, Lady Pixie."

"Stormrider?" Pixie asked a silver male winged-lion.

The leader of the lion division grinned and replied, "We are always ready!"

Pixie laughed.

"All right! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just past noon as Pristine made her way through the cave. Water dripped from the silver walls of the cave. The sound was magical to Pristine's ears. It seemed to take forever until she finally made it to the end. There was a wall in front of her with ancient writing on it. Pristine read it as,

~Only Corlana's daughter may enter.~

She saw indentions on the wall that resembled a hand print. Stepping forward she placed her hand on it. Suddenly, the wall moved to reveal a large room. The oval-shaped room contained a marble statue in the center holding a tray. On the sterling silver tray was the Sword of Corlana. It was made of crystal and sparkled. The hilt was made out of silver and gold. It was magnificent for it was as light as the light within herself. Also, there was a white flame surrounding the statue. Slowly, Pristine walked toward it and passed through the sacred fire unscathed because only the pure of heart could pass through it. As soon as Pristine touched the hilt of the sword, she felt a surge of power rushing through her. The entire room was engulf in the light and then it died done. Pristine appeared different as well. Physically, she looked the same, except she looked more wise and formidable. Inside though, she was different because of the power radiating from within her and it took exquisite control to keep it under control. The power gave her such an energy boost that she didn't feel hungry or tired. Still, she knew she was not yet powerful enough to defeat Zeather, but at least she held enough power to face him. Taking the sword and placing it in her scabbard, she left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While everyone else was making preparations, Zeather and his forces took Lance and the others to his camp. Lance, Kyra, Sir Reginald, Ophealia, and Grayson were placed in a cage as well as the other outlaws, who were placed in cages too. Lance was furious. Everyone tried to calm him down, but it was all in vain.

"The others are still out their bro." reminded Grayson.

"Yes, I know! But have you noticed that Zeather's entire army is here or at least from the looks of it? If Pristine should try to save us, then she'll get caught!"

Ophealia finally snapped from Lance's anxiety. She stepped towards him and suddenly slapped him across the face. Everyone stared in shock, especially Lance.

"Now you listen Lance! You're acting like a whining boy. Pristine will be all right. You've got to have faith in her as well as the others." she replied.

"Man Lance, I'm ashamed of you. You never use to complain or mope." said a voice.

Everyone looked to the back of the cage and could not believe their eyes. It was Aaron and Adrianna!

"What in the world are you guys doing here?" asked Kyra with a huge smile.

"We've been following you ever since we last met. When all of you were at that palace in the Mountains of Eternity, Inion found us and told us to keep an eye on you." explained Aaron.

"Don't worry about the others. They are safe. Inion gave us a skeleton key. They are extremely rare." added Adrianna.

"I've heard of those. A skeleton key can unlock any door." replied Ophealia.

"Where's your gang?" asked Lance.

"Freeing your men. We managed to get a hold the keys." grinned Aaron.

"I owe you big."

"Can you let us out now, please?" asked Grayson.

"Our pleasure!" smiled Adrianna.

Taking the skeleton key, she unlocked their door, and set them free.

"Now to get our weapons." mentioned Lance.

"Don't worry about it. We have them right here." replied Adrianna as Aaron pulled up a sack with their weapons in it.

"How'd you get them?" asked Grayson.

"It was easy." boasted Aaron.

"Let's get out of here." suggested Ophealia.

"Follow us." instructed Adrianna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the other armies were now assembling around the hills surrounding Zeather's camp. Every leader of the groups were summoned by Drackor. Inion was there as well. Inion brought other creatures that wanted to fight, which included the alobine.

"Don't you think Zeather might be able to spot one of the alobine?" asked Drock.

"Don't worry, they'll be fine." assured Inion.

"Now where were we? Oh yes! Grom's forces will attack east from here between the Alobine and dwarf armies. Your majesty? Are your troops prepared?" Drackor asked.

"Yes sir! Uh, Drackor? Is my daughter safe?" asked King Charles.

"She's fine, I assure you. Now Baron Boris and Lord Nelson, you and your allies will be positioned in between the forest creatures and the Water folk. And don't worry about your wives, children, and servants. They'll be with me and Inion."

"Thank-you, sir. Kids! Get back over here!" ordered Lord Nelson.

The Jarain and Scallen children and teenagers were looking at and petting some of the mystical creatures.

"Coming father!" replied Freyia.

"Daddy! They got swans with silver wings!" shouted Tarma.

"Those are midnight swans. They are very rare. Very few people see them." explained Pixie.

"Then why are they here?" asked Palla.

"They are here because the unicorn princess will appear and the swans want to protect her." explained Mallian.

"Zeather doesn't know about this does he?" asked Carson with concern.

"No, one of Zeather's weaknesses is his arrogance. I am pretty sure he still believes he destroyed the princess during the Invasion. He didn't know that she was reborn." replied Drackor.

"I can't wait!" shouted Josiah.

"Anyway, let's get back to business."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Pristine made it out of the cave, the guardian said, "Perfect timing. Someone is waiting for you. Look."

Pristine looked to see the unicorn and Slycer, who's in human form. Pristine smiled and cried with glee and actually leapt across the water before throwing herself into Slycer's open arms.

"You're all right! I knew you would be. You did it!" Pristine cried, saying the last part to her other half.

"No, Pristine. We did it. You and I are one remember for I can feel everything you feel. I know where you are and vice versa. And I am sorry about last time near our home because I was so excited about seeing you again that I rushed. It was not time yet for us to become one." explained the unicorn.

Pristine smiled before hugging her other half.

After pulling back, Pristine became serious and asked, "Is it time?"

"Yes, but first you must meet up with the other dragons. They are in valley before the Mountains of Eternity. You know where to go Slycer." stated the princess.

It was not a question, but a statement.

"Yes, but what are you going to do, your highness?"

Slycer changed into a dragon.

"I will join you later. Zeather might be able to sense us both if we were to show up together."

"She is right. We must go now if we are to make it in time." suggested Pristine.

"As you wish. May I address you as the princess now?"

Pristine grinned.

"You may."

She jumped on Slycer's back and after waving farewell to her other half, they took off. Golden dragons were the most rare of dragons on Serenai and were also one of the fastest.

"Won't we be spotted? I mean, we aren't flying over the others, right?" asked Pristine.

"We won't. Trust me."

"Haven't I always?"

Pristine laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This can't be right? How were we able to escape without the Evil One noticing?" questioned Lance.

"You have a point there." agreed Aaron.

They were now in the valley area. After escaping, they met up with Lance and Aaron's group of outlaws. They never found their horses though or anything else to ride.

"It's quiet. Too quiet." said Sir Reginald.

Suddenly, Zeather's whole army appeared from all sides and began rushing towards them.

"Great! They have us surrounded!" shouted Lance.

But before the army came upon them, they all heard a horn that stopped the charge. Then another horn blew, and another.

"Charge!" hollered someone.

They all turned to see Pixie on top of Stormrider as she led the inhabitants of the Mystical Forest. Soon all the other armies appeared and started to charge.

"Their timing couldn't have been more perfect." grinned Grayson.

"Look! It's my father!" pointed Ophealia.

Sir Reginald picked up Kyra so she saw what's happening.

"And the people from Drexal!" added Kyra when they saw the human armies.

"The water folk and dwarfs are here. Even the alobine and other animals!" said Lance.

"This is great! Now we stand a chance." replied Grayson.

"We sure do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slycer flew along the northern coast. He flew as fast as his wings carried him. The world passed by them in a blink of an eye. For what usually took several days to travel only took Slycer a couple hours. During this time, Xack, Lola, and the other dragons assembled in the valley before the forest. As time went on, some of them began to grow restless, which was not a good thing.

"Come on, Xack! Why are we standing around here!?" demanded a muscular man with scarlet red hair.

He was a red dragon name Furon.

"Sorry Furon, but Drackor told us to stay put until the princess arrives. Now settle down before I make you!" threatened Xack.

Red dragons and ice dragons rarely got along.

"Is that a threat?" asked Furon angrily.

"That's enough you two!" ordered Lola.

"Look! Someone is coming!" pointed a little boy.

They all looked up to see Slycer and Pristine before they started to descend.

"Slycer? Slycer!!" exclaimed Lola.

"I thought you said he was killed?" Furon asked Xack.

"I did." Xack said in disbelief.

Slycer finally landed as all the dragons surrounded him and Pristine. After Pristine dismounted Slycer, he changed into his human form.

"Pristine!!" shouted Lola as she ran and hugged her.

"Hi, Lola. I guess you remember who I am right?" grinned Pristine as Lola drew back.

"You're highness, I recognized you the moment I saw you rescue Melanie."

"Slycer, I thought you were . . .dead." Xack told him.

"I was, but the unicorn and Pristine's power revived me."

"So the two haven't combined yet." replied Furon.

"Afraid not, but don't worry. Everything will be settle by the time the sun goes down." assured Pristine.

"Then we don't have much time. The sun is getting pretty low." commented Xack.

"Right! Let's go show Zeather what happens when he messes with our home." agreed Slycer.

The others hollered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While the fighting continued, Drackor and Inion protected those who were not fighting.

Finally, Drackor said, "It is nearly time. We'll join them now."

"But, Drackor, they are still fighting." replied Hannah.

"There will only be one fight by the time we get down there."

"Which two will be fighting?" asked Mallian.

"You'll see. Let us go now."

Zeather was also watching the battle, but soon entered the fray. With one swipe of his gigantic sword he cut down anyone who got in his way. That's when he saw Ophealia.

"Hmm, I have something special for you, my dear." he thought.

Ophealia was unaware of the grave danger she was in as Zeather gathered negative energy around him, but Grayson was aware. He suddenly started running toward her, shouting her name above the noise. Ophealia turned to see Grayson before seeing Zeather. Grayson jumped in front of Ophealia right when Zeather launched a wave of negative energy at Ophealia, and it hit Grayson instead. Grayson screamed as Ophealia watched in horror. Everyone else stopped fighting to see Grayson fall.

"NOOO!!" cried Ophealia as she dropped her weapons and dropped down next to Grayson.

"GRAYSON!!" screamed Lance when he saw his brother fall.

In seconds, he was kneeling on Grayson's other side. All their other friends gathered around, including Mallian. Grayson opened his eyes to see Ophealia crying.

He lifted a weak hand to her cheek before whispering, "Are you okay, princess?"

Ophealia touched his hand with her hand before crying, "Why?! Why did you do it, you dummy!"

"Because, I love you," answered Grayson before turning to Lance, "Brother, I finally did something brave."

"Yes, you did. Hang in there Grayson. You'll be fine."

Lance felt several tears ran down his cheek. Grayson nodded before slipping into unconsciousness.

"Grayson! No! Come back to me! Grayson!" begged Ophealia as she sobbed.

Sir Reginald held her. Kyra went over to Mallian and hugged her as the girl cried. Pixie came over and placed her ear on Grayson's chest.

"He's still alive, barely." she said.

Lance looked at Zeather and shouted angrily, "Zeather! I challenge you!"

The others began to protest, but Drackor stopped them.

"Ah? Are we mad Lance? Very well, come and face me and I'll show you my power." Zeather taunted.

By this time, the crowd formed a large circle.

"Be careful Lance." warned Sir Reginald.

"Aren't I always?"

Drackor knew that Lance would not be able to defeat Zeather, but he had faith that he would put up a fight.

As the fight began Drackor thought, "Hurry, princess. You're running out of time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pristine felt something. And it was not a good feeling. In fact, something was terribly wrong. She, Slycer, and the other dragons flew at top speed toward the battle.

"We're almost there princess." said Slycer.

"Hurry! The others are in danger."

"Xack! You lead the main fighters and attack. We'll be right behind you!" ordered Slycer.

"Go after Zeather! He's the only one fighting!" added Pristine.

"Right! Let's go!" shouted Xack as he and others started to dive.

"Who's he fighting?" asked Slycer.

"Lance. I can sense it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance was managing well, but Zeather proved to be a powerful swordsman.

"Come on Lance! Show him who's boss!" encouraged Aaron.

Adrianna was checking out Grayson. There were many cuts on him, but only one was serious and it's on his chest area. They wrapped it up to stop the bleeding.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers