All Comments on 'The Mask'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
ridgeman37334ridgeman37334over 13 years ago
kerry's face

when kerry and john were reunited, shouldn't there have been a description of what kerry's face looked like after all the surgeries? and also something about john's reaction to it? did she look a lot different or what? was she attractive or scary or what? i think people would like to know more about that. her serious facial injuries were a key element in the story but not enough was done with that. it leaves the reader wondering just what the heck this woman now looks like.

photographerphotographerover 13 years ago
Again!!!

Thank you.

I eagerly read all the stories you post here simply because you have NEVER disappointed with your stories.

Always enjoyable. Always well written. Always a damn good read.

Thank you.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 13 years ago
h h h h

Pittsburgh has a "h" at the end. Still gave the story a 5

nine2onenine2oneover 13 years ago
Top notch as usual.

You always deliver great contributions, and this is no exception. A simple love story well done. Thanks and I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

You are the BEST writer. What a beautiful Christmas story, not to mention a great human-interest story. Please keep up the good work. As I said, you are the BEST!

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Enjoyed

A smooth easy going romance without all the conflict typically shown on this site. You are a remarkable story teller. Very good plot, good character development and an exceptional read. Thanks for your efforts and the posting.

DrallDrallover 13 years ago
Thank You!

A very beautiful story by a master author!

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Another

fantastic positive LW read from the master , 5 stars .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You Do Write A Good Story

But, DG, you do need to read your story at least one time after finishing it, and/or fire your editor, because both of you missed the glaring error in the first or second mention of your career ending injury by saying you got it as a running back, not a tight end.

owengreybeardowengreybeardover 13 years ago
My Kind of story, Well Done!

Deserving people overcoming the odds. My kind of story, and nicely done, Thanks! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Thankyou for a wonderful story. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

m62cygm62cygover 13 years ago
Great

What a great story, u sure have the gift . Happy Christmas to you and yours this festive season

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 13 years ago
Excellent!

Another wonderful story. I really like it. Thank you for writing it.

amber1312amber1312over 13 years ago

lovely story made me smile

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
tearful

a real tearful tale but the main male character was not to bright.

hodunkhodunkover 13 years ago
A great story

This story held my interest and kept my full attention.Thank You for another Great tale as usual.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Very Good Read

I admit that I thought that we were going to have the mask through the whole story.... Nice Romantic tale. It leaves me wondering if DG does not believe that the first love is forever!

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
Another Winner

DG

Another winner of a story. I know now that whenever I click on one of your stories in the New list, I'm going to enjoy it. Just a nice feel good, believable story.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Always a fine story.

DG, you have never disappointed me yet. I do wish the nitpickers would get a life. I can think of having read John Fox Jr's. great classic novel, "Trail Of The Lonesome Pine", and found it to be replete with minor errors, but the story was such a good one that they weren't even a distraction. So it is with your stuff! I immensely enjoy what you do and thank you for it.

tastesgreattastesgreatover 13 years ago
As Usual...

an excellent example of your many talents. I always look forward to your story because I know it will an great read. Thank you for sharing work with us.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Very enjoyable

DG's stories are (usually) predictable - this one also - but it doesn't matter - they're fun to read and interesting, as is this one.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Sweet!

The word sweet may not be macho, but it fits this story. I enjoyed it.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good memories...

it was a wonderful story and wished it actually happend more often

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks!

I look forward to seeing your name and when I do it's a for-sure read and always a great story. Thanks again for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"Kerry" Underwood?

seriously?

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
nice, sweet and romantic

nicely done, DGH! A pleasure to read.

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

Thanks all for reading my story and taking the time to comment. Sorry about the misspelling of Pittsburgh. No matter how many times I go over a story and have it edited, I always still have mistakes. That's why I'm an amature writer. LOL

With respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Moving

Quite moving and very Exhilarating. And no one spells perfectsly... See, what did I tell you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
AS ALWAYS A 5

The politically correct stuff you can keep. I like the story and as always look forward to your work.

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
As always, thank you

Please take a simple thank you. You stories are moving and beautiful, a lump might have been in the throat (too old and crusty to admit to it).

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks for breaking my losing streak . . .

It seems I had started to read at least 50 stories here and abandoned them because I just couldn't get interested in the characters or their situations. Then your story broke my losing streak. A nice simple story that captured my attention all the way through. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love a real good love story

and this was definitely on of those :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Real Talent!!

DG, unlike so many of the authors in Lit, even some very good ones, you have the ability to create wonderful stories in many genres. This story is just one example of that ability. Please keep sharing your talent with all of your readers.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
"Yawn"

Ummm good I guess. Good thing it was well written, 'cause it bordered on booooooring. I don't get his malfunction with guns, and gratuitous sex. For a "big" "tough" "bad assed" football player, you give him the sensibility's an old women, which is not only unrealistic, but uninteresting as well. I suspect the author is allowing his age, gender, and politics influence his protagonist, which is well within your right, but it won't get'cha a 5.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Oh Yeah. . . .

. . . let's try a little more originality with the names, okay?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You could have made a good story great....

I was going to say how but now I'm thinking of writing it the way i saw it.

;-)

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Yup A1 story

You did it again DG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Uh...

It's rare that a story on this website catches my heartstrings and not just... you know, my hormones. Bravo, sir. I enjoyed this.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Another pleasant journey -

With a nice view along the way LOL

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
but just reRemember that beauty is only skin deep and I will still be the same person on the inside.

never was truer words spoken...just think of men and women who returned from war zones with facial injuries but were still the same person inside....you don't stop loving someone because of that...you love them even more and be there for the hard times they have to face....I suppose when you are a big sports star you can bed all the women you want..married ones included...part of life but no wonder there are so many sluts about...any cock in a storm is their motto...glad he got back with her...selling good cars is good especially with a great team behind you....loved it....

heydog52heydog52over 5 years ago
DAMN MAN.....WOW

You did it again. Your writings are so real. When I read your stories I feel like this could be me that you are writing about. Keep up the good writing. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 4 years ago
Mighta been good but

For this quote

"Actually I kind of liked the outfit except for the guns. I told her I could do without them."

Really? Such a pussy male you can't wear toy guns with your Halloween cowboy costume?

Virtual signalling from author before the term was invented lets you know this guy is a wimp. Leaves the love of his life in a hospital bed. Then finds out about her and is too much of a pussy to make a move? And this is romantic?

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
How

How did Kathy get into the Halloween party,it was for employees only.Also if Kathy and family had been keeping up to date on John,why didn't Kerry make an approach when she learnt of his divorce,if she loved him?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent crafting of the story, the intrigue, the suspense and the end results. We would have liked to have more details about Kerry's life immediately or soon after her accident, her life once she recovered, he dating, etc. One question: How come the Cat woman was at this private party where she met John; how come she knew so much about John and his relationship with Kerry, to name but these two item? An uplifting writing.

5*

BJ

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

This story is classic "all hat no cattle." Most of the story is his nonsense background which is entirely irrelevant to the plot. People who rate this a 5 are the type who think cat videos are the pinnacle of entertainment. To call this "story" even an outline is generous.

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year agoAuthor

Isn't it interesting that readers can read the same story and have such different opinions about it. If it moves your emotions either good or bad it did its job. I'm just an armature who writes for fun. I try and give you, my best. Thank you all for taking the time to read my stories. Always appreciated.

DG Hear

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
With

With all the publicity about his career and subsequent injury,he wouldn't have been hard to track down,so why didn't Kerry?.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story, very sweet, a fable laced with realism. I've read quite a few of your stories, you're one of the best writers on this site.

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE5 months ago

Asalwaysthere are those nit-picking story lines. I cab agree to there being a few parts missing but as always DG brings it it all together in a nice romantic love story. What more could we readers wish for???

Always the first writer one looks for so keep it up. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

After reading AngelRiders comment, I decided to take a look at her stories and bio. Oooops, no stories.

Personally, I enjoyed the story, there is a thing called ‘suspension of disbelief’ which applies to literature, which means that not everything has to be factual or logical.

woodrangewoodrangeabout 2 months ago

another great read 5 stars.

HassieHassieabout 2 months ago

This is a feel good story and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing your gift of writing.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196927 days ago

Enjoyed the sweet romance but that title had me expecting her to pull off her face during sex.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

One of the all time greats on Literotica scores another 5.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5696 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories