All Comments on 'The Misogynist Ch. 08'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 13 years ago
Great Chapter!

I'm glad Cheryl made some more blunders before the end of this chapter.

But you left some holes about Turner. Did they press charges for assault? Did she remember to get her stuff from him before the ambulance left? I was expecting Turner to try to press charges not to mention something more about the pictures because there's no way he doesn't have a copy on his hard drive.

It might be too late in the time line but I hope your next chapter addresses the unfinished Turner business.

MissElf1MissElf1over 13 years ago
Cheryl messed up

How depressing. Cheryl messed up and pushed away someone who really cared about her. Poor Martin. I hope he recovers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Cheryl is an idiot

Turner beat her till she bled and tried to reduce her to a life of blackmailed sex slavery, but simply because Allyn offered her drugs and was a little pushy, he "wasn't much better in his own way?" If this is supposed to be the increasingly mature, empowered Cheryl, I'm afraid to this reader she still seems like a bit of a naive twit.

It's a shame this story has ended out this way. The intro was weak because it was highly repetitive, but it got much stronger as the plot progressed, due to the unusually believable behaviour from the central trio of characters. Unfortunately, it took an unrealistic turn when Martin failed to do something bolder to save the woman he loved when he realised the depth of his feelings.

Since then, it's got worse. The prose is rushed compared to the moderate tempo in the middle chapters and Martin and Cheryl have become characters that seem too stupid and pathetic to sympathise with completely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This series is dumb

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous