The Misogynist Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,570 Followers

When he took another line of the white stuff she knew that was her signal to run.She remembered how she jumped from the table and fled out the front door. But since it had been Allyn's car they'd come in she was left without any means of real escape. Fortunately, Allyn did come back outside, and after some long and serious pleading agreed to take her home.

He apologized profusely the next day over the phone, but she'd come to understand that even Allyn had a dark side, a side she had no interest in. They agreed to stay friends, and she agreed to think about going out with him some time in the future, but for the time being they'd cool their heels.

It had been that event that brought Martin back to her consciousness. In all the time she'd known him, even with the horrible bet, she'd never really seen a darker side. In fact, if he had an unpleasant side, it was his almost slavish loyalty, his dog like devotion, his unending professions of love. She remembered subliminally her belief that no one could love someone that much. That he had to be either lying or had some ulterior motive. She wondered had she misjudged him after all. Had she been only looking for a darker side, when with him it really was love?

The tragedy of it was that maybe she'd found out something too late. Turner was a phony and a beast, but Allyn in his own way wasn't much better. Everybody had learned he'd been fiddling with another one of the young teachers before he started dating her. Cheryl had just pretended it hadn't been true so she keep on feeling the way she wanted. Self deception, she'd been good at that once before.

Maybe for her love wasn't ever going to be all bells and whistles. Maybe love was something that didn't strike out at one like a bolt of lightening. Maybe love, real love, was something a lot softer and a lot quieter. She knew one thing. That after Allyn she really needed someone to talk to, someone she could rely on, and yes someone she could hold and be held by. She knew who she needed. She brushed the tears out of her eyes. She knew that was too late.

After her misguided cocaine date with Allyn she decided to go on the wagon. No more dates, no more men for six months. She had girlfriends. She'd stick with them. In fact they'd all agreed to go shopping downtown and stop in at the Galleria for lunch. She'd start her life anew. Fresh start, a clean break, no more men, and no more stupidity.

Martin had a tougher row to hoe, but the economy had started an upturn, and with it his business. It had been close sledding, but his colleagues had held their ends up well. Once he got back in gear his end of the business started to show results. There were no women in his life, for him that was over. Certainly there were women available, plenty of women, nice ones from good families, he just wasn't interested. By late October he had started to breathe a little easier, the business was back and the heartache didn't hurt so much as long as he kept busy.

It was near the end of October when he got a call from an associate. They were all meeting at the Galleria. A new business opportunity was opening up, and they wanted Martin in on it. What the hell? He agreed to go.

carvohi
carvohi
2,570 Followers