The Moth's Song

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dr_mabeuse
dr_mabeuse
3,776 Followers

I left everything: my clothes, my bags, everything that had been in the house. I jumped into the car and started it in a blind panic, banging hard into Todd's BMW as I slammed my old Nissan back and forth in a frantic attempt to turn around. The moths were all around us, rising like a cloud from around the house, throwing their bodies against the windshield, their wings fluttering, as if they wouldn't let us go.

I drove like that: barefoot and bare-chested, and it was only after my knuckles began to ache that I realized I'd been holding the wheel in a death grip. Faith slept on beside me and I didn't dare wake her up. What would I tell her? What could I say? She woke up as the sun was going up and by that time we were far away.

"It wasn't so bad, really," she said. "Whatever we were doing. There was a kind of peacefulness about it, like being at one with the night, with all the things we never see. There was life in it. Not like our life, but something blind and hungry, and it wanted me. It just wanted me so much."

I remembered what Todd had said about escherigea etops: how the males take turns with the female, how the semen of the sterile ones uses the potency of the others to find its way to fertilization; how easy it is to mix DNA in the vessel of a living being.

I don't know what's worse now: to keep the lights on at night and risk attracting them, or turn the lights off and face the darkness. I hear the song of the moths all the time now, like puffs of air against my skin, like the feel of their soft wings on the back of my neck.

I think of what's inside Faith right now, and I'm afraid.

dr_mabeuse
dr_mabeuse
3,776 Followers