All Comments on 'The Mystery of the Mountain'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
captivated63captivated63about 20 years ago
Wonderful

A wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Couldn't agree more

This story simply is wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
This is an absolutely wonderful story.

n/t

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Beautifully written

I loved this story it was beautifully written, more!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A lovely story

Well written and conceived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well done!

I know Montana, the Rocky Mountain Front, and Choteau very well, and I lived with the Blackfeet (on the reservation) for two years. I think you have captured to spirit of the places there very well.

I have a vague feeling that there could be more to this story now...I sure hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another beautiful story

We should all aim to 'get back to nature' and understand what life is all about, then we just might realise how important this world is to us before we fuck it up totally for future generations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Dream come true

Great story! For those of us who love the outdoors and mountains, you bring it all home in great detail. Please don't stop your writing!

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
One of the best that I have ever read anywhere!

I loved your story. I think you really captured the essence of that beauty that epitomizes the heaven that is Montana. If the Lord made a more beautiful place, he must have kept it for Himself. Some of the happiest times I have ever known in this life were spent in Montana. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tale.

toby9790toby9790over 12 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!

This was one of the best stories that I've ever read on this site. I like stories like this one. Great job.5***** toby9790.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story!

I thought the story was great. I am a hunter and will look behind all of the big trees at the base of rock cliffs every time I go hunting :-)

thilltellthilltellalmost 11 years ago
A Gem of a story

A ten year old story that I am glad I found. Contrast of a woman of the 'old ways' and a man frustrated with the 'new ways'. A real shame Ronde was unable to expand the tale. If you enjoy Woodmanone, you will like this. I look forward to reading his other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a story with a difference

the old ones know more than we give them credit for and he was tired of the modern living - found contentment with her up in the mountains....a brilliant story....

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
it is amazing how well this story still resonates. I loved it!!!

Compassion. Love. Empathy. Historical significance. And humanity!

I loved this romantic tale.

Please, can we have more?

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
momma and the "old ones"

are wise beyond his years.

.

pantographpantographalmost 9 years ago
Outstanding

Great story, well told. Needs an extra star!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Sigh....so wonderful

Simply one of the best romance stories EVER!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story

I liked this story a lot. I do think it ended a little too quickly. Would have liked to have seen a little more of it.

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterover 6 years ago

I agree with the other poster. I really loved this story and would love to see more of them. Thank you for writing and posting this and all the other stories I have read. You are a great writer ronde.

jenellesljenelleslabout 5 years ago
Shangila

How many of us have wanted to find this place? I'm sure we've all wondered where it is. Each one of us has our own place.

Beautifully done and a well crafted story.

mikeagomikeagoabout 5 years ago
Wonderful.

A story about values, love and destiny, I just love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
lifestyle

I have always dreamed of such a lifestyle but always working too hard to do it too old now to even consider it. Your story has made me yearn for the open spaces away from so called civilization I would swap places with Dave in a short minute if only

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 4 years ago
Astoundingly Beautiful

ronde I just started a few years ago reading Lit. stories, after my wife of 44yrs.passed.

I never thought that I would read any Lit. type stories. I literally bumped into them. Anyway I love the romance section. 73 yrs old go figure. I have read many hundreds of stories now and I just found your stories last night. I have a wealth of your stories to still read but of the few that I read already I am VERY impressed but also very pissed off because now I find a huge favorite author and found out you haven't published for an ungodly amount of time. This makes me very sad. I hope that you are at least still around and happy. God bless you for your wonderful works. KUDOS BIG TIME TO YOU.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusabout 3 years ago
Love Creativity

Thanks for sharing your writing, your imagination and your creativity!!

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 2 years ago

Lovely story. Thank you.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 2 years ago

WOW! What a wonderful, imaginative, well written story!!

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Thank you!!!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Lovely sweet story. Glad I stumbled across your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

I love this story, I first read it when I was anonymous and knew no better. Soon I had lost the story and the author, and didn't know how to find my way back; clearly by good fortune I am here against 5*, favourite and follow author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ronde is an intriguing storyteller. Her stories are very vivid, pictureous, and has an easy flow to them. I just can't stop reading her stories, alwys with satisfaction and fullfilment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I just love stories of people with pure hearts.

Thank You ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story and how some things just are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it but too short

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The wonders of love, nature and the Beyond are woven into a tale worthy of being told to the Old Ones by the children and then theirs in turn. Thank you for ‘votre reve intime’.

Falstaff60Falstaff6011 months ago

Love your stories. 5 stars. You develop the romance aspect of the story much better and more completely than most, can I say it, male writers? Thank you and please keep posting stories for your eager and appreciative fanbase.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I enjoyed it greatly'!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Living in the mountains with a woman in harmony with nature has to be the most perfect life possible. Great Story. Great finish. Sequel???

Magic_CapMagic_Cap9 months ago

As unusual as good - 5/5 Stars !

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Delightful story!

5

Hiram325Hiram3254 months ago

You have definitely become one of my favorite authors. Thanks for writing, I do hope you continue.

Thumper94Thumper943 months ago

I loved this story

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 months ago

Love the story. A lot. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

In awe that you could tell such a complete, well-rounded and incredibly well-crafted tale in a mere three "pages". How you did so much storytelling, created such memorable, believable and intriguing characters with so much implied backstory despite such economy of language, I truly do not understand. But it was wonderful. Thank you!

Richard1940Richard1940about 2 months ago

Beautiful story, very well told. Thank you very much indeed.

Peapod41Peapod4115 days ago

The well-worn "no-man-is-an-island" axiom is given a new lease on life, via your masterful settings.

The Shangri-La "step back in time" is adroitly handled. The characters are made believable by

your side-bar decriptors, while their motivations for life and their interactions are both cogent and tenable. Great yarn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories