The New Deal Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeff and Adam worked together to build a low privacy wall to separate the Dreamlands area from the rest of the store. The placement of the adult portion matched with a door on the side of the building so patrons could enter directly into Dreamlands, but could also enter through a gap from the main store. The gap was big enough so they would have no trouble moving the fixtures in place when it was time to move the business over to its new location. Gwen set up the cash wrap area near the opening so she could easily look into the main store as well as all of her portion. Diana and Gwen could easily see each other from their cash registers.

Cindy and Kim cleaned the entire café area and made a list of all the equipment Cindy needed to purchase. She had made lists from paying attention at Tony's as well as from a local coffee shop and a Starbucks in the mall at Target's.

Diana spent the afternoon calling a business from Philadelphia that would install a sound system in the store as well as provide the staff with headsets so they could communicate with each other throughout the store easily.

Next she called to set up her accounts with Ingrams and Baker and Taylor to supply her with new books. She arranged service with a Philadelphia magazine distributor to get magazines in the store.

She would work with Cindy to get the food vendors they needed for supplying the café. Tony's had agreed to provide the baked goods at a great price as Cindy promised to put up a sign about Tony's being the source as promotion for the restaurant.

Jeff bolted the small floor safe that came from the Connecticut business to the concrete floor in the back area.

Soon they had accomplished everything that they wanted for the first day.

Soon they were all back at the tables in the café area. Diana, Kim and Cindy smiled at the sight of Beth and Chip again sitting together, even closer together this time.

Diana holding Gwen's hand looked around at all the smiling faces around them. "I can't thank you all enough. We got so much accomplished today."

Gwen continued, "Of course, Di, Cindy, and I will be here every day until we get everything set up. What does everybody else want to do?"

Matt smiled as he held Cindy's hand, "I'm still on my honeymoon technically. Michael has kicked me out of the firm with express orders not to return for at least two more paid weeks, so you have me."

Sue and Kim looked at their husbands then at Diana and Gwen as Sue spoke "Actually, we've been meaning to talk to the three of you, Di, Gwen and Cindy."

Diana tipped her head and looked at her two best friends.

Kim continued, "We've been talking with each other and our husbands, and we both would really like to work here with you three, if you have enough room for us."

Diana gasped as Gwen clapped her hands and Cindy gave a "woo-hoo!"

Sue smiled, "Somebody with a tremendously huge heart was beyond nice enough to give us both a million different reasons why we don't have to work at jobs that were just jobs to us anymore. We'd much rather have fun and work with people we love doing things we love."

Jeff spoke up, "Besides, I'd like to keep some of that money in the bank, so my darling wife here really needs an employee discount for Dreamlands."

Everybody burst out into gales of laughter which grew when a red faced Sue retorted, "Like you ever complain when I demonstrate my new purchases."

Adam laughed, "Hey Gwen, maybe you could use Sue here for product demonstrations in the store?"

The table howled in laughter as both Gwen and Sue had wicked gleams in their eyes smiling at each other.

"We're all together like one big happy family," Diana said.

Kim and Sue responded together, "We are one big happy family."

Tears streamed down Diana's face as Gwen squeezed her hand.

"Say mom? I've been meaning to ask - what are you going to name the store?" Matt asked.

Diana smiled through her tears, "Paradise Books, because that's where I am, in Paradise."

They all raised their to-go cups from the sub shop in a toast, "To Paradise."

*****

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me - I will gladly respond to all. I hope you enjoy the further adventures.

12