All Comments on 'The New Socks'

by TabooTeller

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
too hard to follow

why was this soo hard to see what the author was trying to say?

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
If you

had put this in Humor and Satire... it would not have worked. It needed to be in "Loving Wives" for us to draw the wrong conclusion. The tension builds and the climax deflates our expectations. Your funny. This was very funny.

bornagainbornagainover 15 years ago
scared husband

Why did`nt he just come out and ask her about the socks instead of being afraid of her?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
So he excepts the fact that she is a slut

As long as she is discreet with her whoring around and doesn't bring any thing home to him, he can live with the fact that she is making him a cuckold. She must be some good pussy. Thanks for the story....Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A wimp married to a nympho

I supposed you think that without sex or the old "In and Out" from A Clockwork Orange that sex does not count. Certainly this cuck does not and he no longer minds as long as he gets his, twice a month. The attempt to have her buying him clothes instead of the direct mention of adultry does not work.

Sad.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Fun Story

Fascinating Comments. What else would he have found on the day that she was nervous? I am curious as to what grounds he would use for divorce. For adultery you need some sort of proof... And he did not present anything but a pair of socks! If they were new.... I think this story allows each of us to drift into his own fantasy world!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Great appetizer for Valentine day!

Just my kind of relations: giving plus loving plus humor; Cant beat that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice little story

True, there will be those who think a ‘giver’ must be of loose morals; however, the socks were new and if the wife had a fault it was, perhaps, she was trying to change his tastes in clothes. Now, my dear wife has for many years bought my socks and, I might add, my undergarments too; such lewd behavior lol.

Regards

BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
confusing

Not too sure what it was actually about, and others seem the same. Got me thinking though, so couldn't be too bad at all.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
clever concept

Well written teaser. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Pathetic Wimp Eats Crap Story

Get a life, loser author

GToastGToastover 15 years ago
Not bad, but...

This reads more like a story outline, IMHO. The writing is okay, but it's almost like the author is telling us what it is he wants to say, rather than just saying it (if that makes any sense). It could have used another pass through the word processor.<p>Still, an interesting change of pace.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 15 years ago
Huh?

Finding a strange pair of men's socks was a clever beginning. We could see what was coming, like in ohio's wonderful "The Letter A". But soon the author seemed to forget to put down on paper what he was thinking. For example, it was never stated what cause the husband to get angry and what he (and she) specifically did as a result. Then the rationalization he came to when he accepted she might be unfaithful just did not fit the brief character development we had already seen. As to the wife's makeup, we were never exposed to what made her tick. <p> <p> <p> Good basic premise at the beginning. But what followed was just a scattering of ideas, with little continuity and some missing links. Too bad. It could have been an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fun little change of pace.

Humorous; I gave it a 100 to offset the 0's that are sure to follow from the crazies.

madengineer3madengineer3over 15 years ago
Neat!

O'Henry would be proud of this story. It is a parallel to some of the jokes that lead you on and then you find out it wasn't a "dirty" joke. His reaction is a bit extreme for the offense of someone else buying him something. This is a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Won't penalize the story...

But it was a tad obvious where it was going.<br><p>

Your hero seems a bit obsessive-compulsive if someone buying him clothes is enough to trigger thoughts of divorce. LOL!

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
i think it is time

to let the "0" raters in on the joke. I may be reading into this but here is my take on what I think is the joke. TT placed this in the "Loving Wives" category for a reason. He wanted our expectations in a certain direction. Judging by the comments he succeeded.----What we have here is our minds telling us one thing while the words don't tell you much at all. Our hero's wife is a giver. And this is a problem. Our hero is a control freak, and this too is a problem. His control issue is his clothes. He does not like anyone buying him clothes. His wife knows this. They have had arguments and yelling matches over it. But to no avail. For you see his wife is a giver. And what she gives is his old clothes away. Then she has to replace them. But our hero does not like anyone buying clothes for him. His only two options are to divorce her or compromise. Divorce may seem extreme but remember he is a control freak. In the end he realizes his life without her would not be one of happiness so he compromises. Now he gives consent to her giving ways and allows her to buy him clothes. If I am right the author is brilliant and this is very funny. If I am wrong I need to return to "way out land".

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
men lose respect for you as writer

you sound like some flukly of a man.there is another woman out there dumbass.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 15 years ago
I liked it1

It was quirky and different. You telegraphed the ending a little but that is ok.

cheers

C

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalover 15 years ago
TT and TOS2

TT:<p>Welcome back. Too long, no read. While I thought your story clever, I must agree with a previous commenter who said it was telegraphed. However, this didn't lessen my enjoyment of this original submission.<p>TOS2:<p>From reading some of the prior feedback, it does appear that the neighborhood in "way out land" is getting kinda crowded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Duh

This story belong in a new section called DUMB ASS stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
compromise implies a middle ground

she gets to do who she wants, when she wants and you don't even get their clothes? Seems like she gets everything and you get jack.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 15 years ago
Way to go TT!

Pulling lots of chains and tweaking the LW police... now now TT... [you did put a big smile on my face!]

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
Loved It!

This was a funny and well written story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
More than 40% did not get it

Amazing as it may sound, facts can not be denied. From 24 responses to the story I counted solid ten who clearly DID NOT GET the story (41.66% !). I don't know about you, but I find this statistic kind of depressing. <P>

To be clear, I have not included in this number people who did not like the story as a whole or had any kind of reservations to part(s) of it, if only you could tell that they understood that this story is a humorous play on the readers' expectations. <P>

Allow me to regress for a minute to specify the mischievous playful techniques the author has used in this story. It included a common technique of manipulating the reader into a temporary (false) belief about the wife, one which the husband does NOT seriously share. The husband's use of some language regarding his wife is clearly hyperbolic and meant together with the repetition of the ambiguous word “it”, to maintain the possibility of a seriously malevolent wife, without ever spelling the reason till the very end. <P>

This use of ambiguous language is well established in the tradition of comedies –especially situational comedies. You can say that the audience (or the readers) is being “mislead”, even though to the most part, people can tell that they are being manipulated, and still they enjoy the play or the art of it…<P>

Coming back to my little statistical research… I included responses of two kinds. The first: comments which specifically mentioned problems in understanding the story or part(s) of it. The second: responses which condemned the husband, the wife or the author of being wimps whores (I am paraphrasing) or tolerating such behaviors or values. Since none of it ever happens in this story, those comments also indicate that those readers did not get the story. <P>

The fact that more than 40 % of those who bothered to respond did not understand the story is scary. Every one can like or dislike every story of course –but first we need to understand what we read. Perhaps some remedial reading classes would help…

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
please shut up

just so koklore will shut the hell up, i get the story and the way you wrote it. that doesnt mean i like because honestly, i thought it was stupid. ya know, its ppl like you kok who condemn commentators but then you'll just as judgmental and frankly, come off sounding like a jackass.one last thing buddy boy, if the author really got tired of hearing responses, he could turn it off.

Love2ReadInORLove2ReadInORabout 15 years ago
Enjoyed it

TT, I enjoyed your story. It was quirky enough to keep my attention.

TabooTellerTabooTellerabout 15 years agoAuthor
Thanks and

just wanted to thank to those with the positive comments. And I want to say that I think those who didn't like it may not have read the whole story. Most of the negative comments are the same stock responses I get from certain people over the years because I like happy endings. Marriedwithballs always leaves his name but most of the other just say anonymous.

And I don’t think Kolkore said any thing that bad. It does look like most of the negative comments are form people who either didn’t get it or didn’t finish the story because they commented on something that did not happen.

For those who got the story and still didn’t like it, that’s Ok. I didn’t expect everyone to like it even though more liked it than I thought would.

And I should add, as one person sort of hinted at, that I think there’s a moral at the end. I didn’t plan it when I came up with the story but it’s one that is good, I think, so I don’t mind it being there.

Thanks to all who read it and thanks again to those with positive comments.

TabooTeller

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Fun

Always enjoy a fun story and this was fun, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Gotcha!

Hey, I think being a cuckold is humorous as hell!<p>

Doesn't everyone???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
socks

This guy has to be a turkey. Maybe next time her lover will leave him some shoes. Guess he doesn't mind sharing, but I think she can do better than just to get socks for her hubby. It was a good chuckle. Thanks for sharing.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
OK...

OK... Not sure what to think of that one...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
IT SUCKED!!!!!

IT REALLY SUCKED!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A REAL DOOFUS

THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE HIM

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
Horns by any other color are still horns

They may be' light brown with a tan base and border along the top' but they are horns none the less. And now that she knows there are no repercussions, there will be no restraint.

Sorry Miss Right Hand is better then living like that. Hell move to swinging and at leaste get it in the open.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
WHAT!!!!!

That is sure what I am looking for ......NOT!!!!!! I really don,t want or look forward to going to the DR"s and finding ou t that my unfaithful wife has given me a deadly mallady that cannot be cured. Get you head out of your asshole and find a woman that wants tpo be with only you ... DIP SHIT!!!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A WIMPY CUCK HE IS

and will always be. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
really glad he stopped writing

hopefully the day of the cuck is over

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
At First

At first I thought, like most, that instead of throwing her lovers leave behind clothes out she just washed them and figured hubby wouldn't notice? Hah, funny, nice humour!

BUT, she does it when she is out of town...huh?

Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This a flash story

and is written entirely from the husband's perspective. A good flash story ends abruptly but strongly and even with a twist. This one ends by petering out as T.S Elliot said "not with a bang but with a whimper". In my opinion this type of ending sucks big time, but in this case it does represent the spineless attitude of the husband toward divorce or punishment of any kind for repeated adultery. This makes it very difficult for most readers to identify with the husband (who is really the only one explained in the story). The motivation for adultery for the wife is not really explained at all but rather very weakly stated. All told the story needs to be redone.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Tearsofsorrow2 had it right

and a lot of twisted made asses of themselves by readin something into it that simply wasn't there! No cheating wife - just one who gets rid of his old clothes and buys new ones even though she knows he's a bit of a control freak who'd prefer to go on wearing the same old things until they fall apart and then buy almost identical replacements.

A neat flash story (but you really shouldn't expect to find readers who can think on a site like this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
cute

cute. nice change of pace. THANK YOU

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
So ANON 'at first' missed it TWICE

In addition to mistakenly thinking the socks are left-overs from a lover, Anon thinks Sweetie went out of town to wash them?

SPELL IT OUT...

Hubby hates for ANYONE to buy (or gift) him any articles of clothing. REALLY hates it...enough to consider divorcing (or UNfriending) those who do that! BUT, Hubby likes Sweetie...misses her those times (not now) she travels. So he decides to KEEP her despite her unwelcome PURCHASE of new socks, which he would NOT have bought...but WILL now wear because they are not TOO far away from what he would have bought. He informs her (kindly) of his compromise, but draws a line in the sand about MAJOR appearance items like shirts and pants! Hubby alone should buy those for himself!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Strange

If you think too hard it might seem like a cuck story. If you read it and laugh its about new clothes. If you read it and get upset you're insane,

HA

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
You got a dirty little mind there

All of you - or at least most of you lol

Fun

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
#2 PUSSY IS NEVER THAT GOOD

to sell your soul and integrity. TK U MLJ LV NV

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago

That story is HILARIOUS. I can't believe people would get mad at this. This is obviously for humor and not to be taken seriously. Get off of your soapboxes people.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Agree with Javmor79...

Hilarious being so stupid....

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
A PARODY ON STEREOTYPES IN L.W. ?

A cheating 'loving' wife & a victim/cuckold husband.

Liked your humorous take on the lopsided / skewed view about marriages in the L.W. section. There is more to marriages than just adultery.

Wives have more 'varied' arsenal than hubbies can think of. lol.

Gave it 5 twinklers , for a different perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

First i took it as more crap. But i change my mind when i realized thAts what the writer wanted. Its just crap humor, nothing more,nothing less. Ha ha...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OK

with all the comments did anyone read it? Toni (the wife) has been bringing or had to bring into their home, and marital bed another man! Yet, there is still compromise? wow. Wish a writer would have something along the lines of a dose of reality. What this husband has no job, no life no means what so ever? Frankly the idea of kicking her to the curb, but first tag her car, phone and follow, even if travelling to her out of town business, who cares, why, finally track down this guy. Then get the goods on him, like background, family everything and lower the boom. Once a cheating couple is exposed the electricity of the affair is no longer enjoyable and their passion will fade quick. Why its no secret and most in this case are passion only with no permanent or life commitments as in marriage. After Toni is kicked to the curb take a trip, try Singapore, Thailand or better Philippines, take in the flavors, the culture and the women of Asian and believe me you will never want to go back.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ANOTHER 50/50 SPLIT

she got the cock he got the socks. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
B.S.

What a bunch of BS...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Uh Uh

not good

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 8 years ago
Can't decide

If this is humorous, sick, cheating or what. Hell! I can't even decide if I understand what ole TT is talking about. Can anyone explain the point of the exercise?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The Unintended Giveaway

If the author intended for us to suddenly realize that he didn't want her buying his clothes - which, ticked him off(?) then he ruined it when...

She has all the time to do it when she is away on business so...that is contrary to the innuendo and ending summation.

The author didn't write her as a player but rather a one man woman and in no rush to make decisions BUT...apparently, she has her private moments!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not my Cup of Tea

I didn't find it humorous, it didn't make me angry.

I just thought it was stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

A bit of a recollection for me - my wife and I (bf/gf at the time) attended different colleges for two years. We would visit each other every other weekend. One weekend we were doing wash and there were phantom men's underwear in the pile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well then

I was talking to guy in my everyone knows my name bar. A cute chubbette redhead-36C cones big cherry red nipples I was 38-she 28 never saw ring but left hand kept hidden- came up and started talking to other guy. After 15 minutes i asked if guy was going to intruduce his friend. She looked at me and said I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, DANIEL. I asked if we had ever met because i had never seen her before. She smiled and said NO! BUT I KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU! Other guy left, she stayed, we talked. Over next month when I was in bar, she's arrive and come straight to me. No ring! One day we are talking guy i do not know comes up starts talking to us. I ask if she is going to introduce her boyfriend-find out it is her husband. Neither has ring-I ask about that-no money to buy him one-she has habit of taking them off to do dishes forgets to put back on. He does not seem to care.

He and she get drunk one night. I drive them home-late i am tired crash on couch. She awakes me next morning wearing robe, i jokingly asked what she has on underneath. Big smirk Opens robe-Nude with full red bush. Did i tell you i love redheads

I play with those spectacular breasts-unzip and unload-press her to her knees

She looks frightened-scared out of her mind. Looks up and says i have never done that before. She is hesitant-anxious but 10 seconds later she cannot say that anymore. I cast a nervous eye at bedroom door 20 feet away-it is half-open. I decide time to leave tell her that is enough-she looks at my only half-hard still hanging but very thick cock and as i go to help her up she flops back, feet on floor knees up and legs spread wide. She doesn't look like she is concerned about hubby-she looks worried i won't fuck her like i might not be attracted to her. I take look at door-back to her-back to door back to her-legs still spread fingers have opened petals-she's biting lower lip

I don't want to hurt her feelings figure couple strokes-pull out-goto work

Try to slide into her-holy shit she's tight-eyes open looking at my cock-lips form O. I pull all but out slide all in-is that her cervix. I hold still-her hips are lifting uup-grinding. She reaches under myarms digs fingernails in back lifts torso up pressing firm cones and hard nipples into me. Closed eyes opened wide is she going to scream. Look of agony on her face..surely you know that look. NO? OH WELL TELLS ME A LOT ABOUT YOU IF YOU DO NOT.

MY QUESTIONING MIND HOW CAN SOMETHING SO FUCKIN WET BE SO FUCKIN TIGHT

SOUND OF LOUD ANGRY VOICE FROM BEDROOM DOOR. SHE IS WRITHING UNDERNEATH ME MUCH INCREASED PACE SHE IS SCREAMING OH GOD! NO! I LOOK TO DOOR BUT NO HUSBAND REALZE IT IS ALARM CLOCK. NOW I HEAR HIM CURSING. I AM TRYING TO PULL OUT BUT SHE IS CLINGING TO ME SCREAMING NO NO NOT YET GOD NO!

I WRENCH MYSELF FREE. SHE JUMPS UP ROBE STILL OPEN RUNS TO BEDROOM TURNS OFF ALARM COMES RUNNING BACK DROPS TO HER KNEES. I AM TRYING TO GET COCK BACK IN PANTS AND SHE IS FIGHTING ME. MY FOCUS GOES TO DOOR TRYING TO FIGURE OUT EXCUSE. SHE HAS FREED MY COCK AND IS SUCKING LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW

HAS SHE LOST HER MIND. HER HUSBAND YELLS FROM BEDROOM FOR HER TO WAKE HIM IN AN HOUR HEARING THAT SHE HAS FLOPPED TO HER BACK TRYING TO PULL ME BACK DOWN. TRUE SHE CLOSED DOOR THIS TIME BUT WE HAVE TO AT LEAST MOVE OUT OF SIGHT LINE. I PULL HER UP AND SHE RACES TO COUCH BENDS OVER ARMS AND HIKES UP ROBE...DID I MENTION THAT FIRM PLUMP BUTT. I SLIDE COCK BETWEEN HER THIGHS NO THAT'S A VERY WET VALLEY ALSO

THINK OF FINISHINGTHERE BUT SHE IS REACHING UNDER POSITIONING MY COCK...FROM THE BEDROOM ANOTHER NOISE...I HEAR IT SHE EITHER DOESN'T OR DOESN'T CARE. SHE HAS ME BACK IN HER AND SUCH A STANDING LAP DANCE I AM GETTING. MY EYES FIXATED ON BEDROOM DOOR EARS STRAING FOR SOUNDS-IS HE GETTING UP OR JUST RE-POSITIONING. I AM TELLING HER I CAN'T DO THIS SHE KEEPS REPEATING I KNOW I KNOW BUT HER HIPS KEEP SWIVELING AND SHE HAS REACHED BEHIND HER AND HAS A TIVHT HOLD ON THE BACK OF MY THIGHS...WE ARE RIGHT BY FRONT DOOR-PICTURE WINDOW BLINDS ARE UP-WHAT'S THAT NOISE OUTSIDE. I LOOK PRESSED AGAINST THE GLASS IS FACE OF TEENAGE BOY-PAPER BOY!!!

I JERK MYSELF FREE AND TURN HER AROUND TELLING HER I CAN'T SHE SAYS SHE UNDERSTANDS SOME OTHER TIME

I TELL HER HOW TIGHT SHE WAS-A COMPLIMENT SO SHE WILL NOT BE SO DISAPPOINTED. SHE'S UPSET...VERY UPSET SNARLS I SHOULD BE..DOESN'T TAKE A DETECTIVE TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. ''I WOULD THINK YOU BETTER THAN ANYONE WOULD KNOW THE REASON WHY.

I AM PUZZLED MY FACE SHOWS IT SHE READS ME GRABS MY COCK STROKING MILKING

THEY TOLD ME ABOUT YOU SHE SAYS BUT I DIDN'T BELIEVE THEM-WHO ARE THEY I ASK WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY TOLD YOU?

NEVER MIND WHO SHE SAYS BUT THIS-SHE PULLS ON MY COCK-THIS IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME ABOUT

TWO WEEKS LATER I AM IN THE BAR THEY COME IN WITH YOUNGER FEMALE-IT IS HIS SISTER. HUSBAND AND WIFE GO TO SHOOT A GAME OF POOL-

SISTER TURNS TO ME-IS THAT A SMIRK ON HER FACE

SHE LOOKS INTO MY EYES, LICKS HER LIPS TELLS ME

I HAVE HEARD ALL ABOUT YOU!!!

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

It really was a nice effort.

Creative, showed you were thinking.

I know where and how you were trying to go of course. I can't understand how someone can't.

But, it just seemed too blase of reactions to what you wanted us to think was going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
put a sock in it

next time you should put the guys cock in her pussy while telling her you love her

serial cheater and a whimp they belong together !!!!!!!!!!!!!

she must really love her husband to be a giver lmao

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
-5*

Not a real story. One wimp/cuckold and one cheating bitch/slut. Easy to figure out what was to happen. NO PLOT HERE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well Done 5*

You really got them!

It's surprising how many people so are easily conned because they don't understand what they read - then jump to the wrong conclusions.

My guess is that the most vehement guys have failed marriages and are angry with themselves for being a cuckold and not beating the shit out of the offending lover. As they say "it takes one to know one"!

I wonder how many of their marriages failed because of their false accusations?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh!

I can see why this story would not be received well by most males. The hidden humor is well intended and well received by some. I doubt there very many men who could pull it off as in the story, there lies the rub.Don't let that scrub your creative juices.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
I get it

I'm not that smart, and I got it the first time.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I'm sorry...

...but the comments are funnier than the story! Boy, did some people get made at this!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
What humor buy clothes contradiction when she is away humor please explain!

0 stars unless someone can explain it's just plain stupid

Read some of comments ?? ?

YouamiYouamialmost 5 years ago
Why bother?

tabooteller

In this submission, you have made a mountain out of a molehill. What was your point in telling this tale? From my perspective, it seemed like you were trying to provide an interior view of the mental/emotional reactions and responses of the husband - the only true character in the tale. In spite of his chaotic mental gymnastics over the significance of the new socks, it appeared that nothing tangible was produced, except perhaps a dramatic increase in hubby's paranoia.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 5 ⭐s

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - I just hate cheaters period.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous