All Comments on 'The Old Schoolhouse'

by Julie20

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
spelling needs fixing

Don't authors now days know how to spell. The obvious answer is nearly none. Simple example author wrote "coloured" totally wrong by all my dictionaries it should be "colored" and spell checker flags the version used in the story as wrong.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 12 years ago
It seems

that 'anonymous' is one of many US citizens who doesn't understand that most of the English-speaking world doesn't use US spellings. 'Coloured' is correct in the majority of English-speaking countries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
She is English...Duh

For someone who is a stickler for spelling, one would think that he would know that British spelling sometimes differs from American.

I think that this person should be strapped over the spaning bench for being a dick!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
spelling

she's a Brit. Colour is acceptable

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You STUPID boy!

No no no! If she goes to enormous trouble to dress correctly, the least you can do is play your part properly! You do NOT strip the spankee. The correct procedure is that she lowers her knickers to her knees and holds them taut at that level by spreading her legs. She goes over the box, THEN you lift the hem up to her neck to reveal the golden globes. When the job is done, the hem is tucked in the waistband and corner time begins.

Fail E-. See me in my study after prep!

DrmaxcDrmaxcover 2 years ago

I good idea that could have been taken further in several ways. A pity the author seems to have stopped writing a decade ago. I liked all the detail about this somewhat improbable time capsule of a schoolroom though such things are sometimes found. An old lady dies and her house is as it was when she was a little girl with things little changed from how it had been in Victorian times.

Perhaps Penny finds a friend for Sykes to join her in the schoolroom and for Rob to have to chastise as well. Or maybe a couple, man and wife, to become boy and girl and be bent over. A fuller schoolroom. Lots of potential!

See me in my study after prep. indeed!

Lots of colourful detail (!)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous