The Other Half

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Molly's face split into a wide smile. 'No, it didn't make me uncomfortable. I, um, actually liked it. Felt good.'

His sigh of relief was audible. He smiled and said, 'Good, I was worried for a minute. If you'd thought I was creepy, that really would lessen the probability of you saying yes to dinner and drinks tonight.'

Molly was taken by surprise yet again, but the answer was out before she even thought about it. 'Yes. I'd love to.'

'Great! So, say, Malone's around 7? Should I pick you up or, seeing as how we just met, did you want to meet there? I don't want to seem too forward.'

'No, actually, I don't mind,' she said with a smile, 'I need to get home to feed my dog, Bennie, and get ready, so if you could pick me up, I'd really appreciate it.'

'Of course. I'll write down my cell phone number, just text me the address, and I'll be there just before 7, sound good?' he asked.

'Yes, see you then.' Her eyes followed him all the way out the door. Nice ass. Nice ass, indeed, she thought.

Molly looked over to see Sally eyeing her, laughing and shaking her head.

'Shut up, Miss Sally, before I throw a pencil at you!' Molly shouted with a grin.

'What? I didn't do anything,' came Sally's reply, 'I just, you know, saw some potential there, invited a sexy man into your life, and now I get to sit back and watch stuff happen.'

'Oh, I've only just met him, you may not watch anything happen! I'm going to go help the kids clean up. Get to work,' she finished with a wink.

Once again, Molly was home by 6, which didn't leave her a whole lot of time to doll herself up. She really tried to stamp down the excitement she felt at being asked out, and even stifled the urge to call her mom, just to tell her she was going out on a date. Honestly, though, she'd been down this road before. Meet a good-looking guy, things are awesome, life couldn't get better, then, wham, she was single again. If she didn't have any expectations, she wouldn't be disappointed when it ended. Gee, Debbie Downer, lighten up, came her inner voice.

Quickly, she shot a text to Shaun, let Bennie outside, fed him, and jumped in the shower. She always went for a more natural look when applying make-up. Less is more, her mother always said. Besides, as far as she was concerned, when a woman wore a pound of makeup, she was basically just masking what she really looked like, therefore deceiving anyone she dated. Then, one day, they'd wake up next to their significant other, make-up running down their face, or partially wiped off, and their partner would start screaming while running for the hills. That's how she pictured it, anyway. Better to let them see who you are up front, Molly thought. Pressed for time, she allowed her natural curls to stay down and wild. Her bright green shirt made the red of her hair stand out. Plus, she liked the way the thin material clung to her ample breasts. Her 5'4'' average build made her double Ds more noticeable. To finish the look, she had on her black skinny jeans, and black boots. Just as she was wrapping her scarf around her neck, she heard a car pull up out front.

She peeked out the small window on her door to watch him walk up. About twenty feet from her porch she saw his foot slip on a small patch of ice still left from the last snow they'd had. Even with the door closed, she could hear him hit the cement, landing on his backside.

Molly made a hissing sound with a sharp intake of breath, 'oh, shit,' she whispered as she ran outside.

'Oh my God, are you ok?? I am so sorry! Please don't sue me!' she said as she helped him up. To her surprise, he was laughing. 'Jesus, are you delirious? Did you hit your head, too?'

'No, no, I'm fine. I mean my ass hurts a bit, but, overall, I think I'm ok. I'm just glad we met earlier, and this wasn't a blind date or something. First impressions and all..'

'You slip on my property, nearly break your butt, and your only worry is how embarrassing this might be?' she asked incredulously.

'Hey, listen, I've heard quite a bit about you from Sally. She and I go way back, and I know she has my best interest at heart. So, if you're as great as she says you are, I really don't want to mess this up so early in the game, you know?'

Molly could only smile at him. 'Come inside, rest your rear for a minute,' she said with a wink.

Together they walked back to the house, him with a slight limp. Once inside, Bennie went wild, his entire back end wiggling back and forth with the wagging of his tail. He kept trying to jump on Shaun, and Molly had to shoo him away. She helped him sit on her sofa. He did so tentatively, wincing with pain as his backside came into contact with the couch.

'Bennie, behave,' she began, then turned to Shaun. 'I know we just met and all, but if you'd like me to put your clothes in the dryer for a bit, I will. I have an oversized robe of my dads that my mom gave me after he passed away a few years ago. No, don't worry,' she continued, seeing the unsure look on his face, 'It's perfectly fine. It so rarely gets used, and, quite frankly, I feel horrible that you fell on my walkway. Let me do something, please.'

'Well, if you insist,' Shaun laughed. He took the robe she handed him and headed to the bathroom. A few minutes later, he emerged in her father's gray robe, carrying his wet clothes. Molly tried to ignore the way seeing him like that in her house made her feel. There was a familiarity that she didn't understand, considering she'd just met him. It was almost as if he belonged there, in that robe, in her home, with her.

She visibly shook her head to clear her thoughts. 'Let me take those,' she said, as she took the clothes from him. After she put them in the dryer, she came back to the living room to see him back on the couch, Bennie lying beside him, his head in Shaun's lap.

'Looks like you made a new friend,' she said, grinning. 'Bennie, are you taking care of Mr. Sellers?'

'He's a really sweet dog. I had a black lab growing up, Jet. Loved that dog. When I was 12, he had to be put down. Just got too old. Swore I'd never have a pet again, it upset me so much.' There was still a touch of sadness in his voice.

'I'm so sorry, Shaun. I don't know what I'd do without Bennie. He's my baby.' At the mention of his name, Bennie started wagging his tail again.

'So, what do you say to just hanging out here tonight? I can order a pizza, I have beer in the fridge - wine, too, if you'd prefer,' Molly suggested. 'Might be better since you're a bit of an invalid at the moment,' she finished with a grin.

Shaun sighed, but smiled. 'How's a guy supposed to sweep a girl off her feet by sitting on his ass?' he asked.

'You can make it up to me when you're feeling better, how's that? Now, the answer to this next question will determine if I even give you that second chance; Mushrooms or not on your pizza?'

'Well, here's to hoping I get it right. I just flat out refuse to eat fungus. No mushrooms for me.' His look was hopeful and worried at the same time.

Molly burst out laughing. 'You may advance to the next date.'

For the next few hours, they ate pizza, drank beer, and watched a marathon of Loony Tunes on Boomerang. Overall, to Molly, this was a picture perfect date. She really couldn't imagine it having gone any better. They talked, told stories, answered questions about each other. She couldn't remember feeling that good in a very long time. Shaun had stayed in the robe, his clothes forgotten in the dryer. Molly felt as if she'd known him forever, and that this was just another night in a long succession of enjoyable moments with him. Perhaps that was why, when he fell asleep on the couch, she just didn't have the heart to wake him and send him on his way. Instead, she put a blanket over him, turned out the light and headed to bed herself.

The following morning was Saturday, so she didn't have to work. The sun was shining brightly through her bedroom window, and she was awoken by Bennie's whimpers by the foot of her bed. Squinting one eye, she looked over at him.

'Uggghhh, Bennie, what time is it? I take it you have to pee?'

It took every ounce of energy she had to sit up and slide her feet into her slippers. As she was tying the belt on her robe, she suddenly remembered she had a houseguest.

Her slippers shuffling on her hardwood floor, she rushed to the living room. It was empty, the blanket she'd covered Shaun with the night before folded neatly on the arm of the sofa. There was a piece of paper lying on top of it.

Molly - Thanks for an amazing night. I'd love to do it again - or actually go out next time - your choice. I have a few appointments this morning for work, but, please, call me.

P.S. Please don't be mad, but I did pop my head into your room just to see you one last time before I Ieft. You look like an angel when you sleep.

-S

Molly couldn't wipe the smile from her face if her life depended on it. She just kept thinking about the night before, and how sweet this note was. Bennie's whining interrupted her reverie.

'Oh! Sorry, bud.. let's go,' she said as she hurried to the back door.

After a quick shower, she made some coffee and ate a light breakfast. She had some laundry to do before tonight's performance at the community center. Molly got so caught up in her chores, it was nearly noon by the time she sat down for a rest. Her ponytail was askew, with loose wisps flying around her head, she wasn't wearing any makeup, and she had on her oldest t-shirt and sweats. She had a chip halfway to her mouth when her doorbell rang. Dropping the chip back into the bag, she went to the door. Standing on her tiptoes, she peeked out the door window. It was Shaun.

Molly dropped back down out of the view of the window with lightning speed.

'Shit!' she whispered loudly. Normally a guy wouldn't get to see her in this state until at least 6 months into the relationship. This could end what hadn't even technically started yet! Well, there was nothing for it, he knew she was home, as her car was outside. With a heavy sigh, she opened the door.

Shaun's smile only got wider as he looked her up and down, then he said, 'I really like this look on you.'

Molly's blush was instant. She instinctively tried to smooth the wild wisps of hair while smiling shyly.

'You don't have to try and make me feel better for looking terrible,' she joked. 'What are you doing here, anyway? Did you forget something?'

'No,' he began, 'Actually, I just wanted to see you. I know we just met yesterday, but, honestly, after hanging out with you, even for one night, I feel close to you. There's a familiarity that, for all intents and purposes, shouldn't be there when you first meet someone. I know.. you probably think I'm crazy and I've already said too much far too soon, but.. I just thought you should know.'

Shaun actually looked almost upset he'd said all that, the look on his face was tentative at best.

Before she even thought about it, she'd placed her hands on his cheeks and their lips were pressed together. His arms encircled her waist and pulled her body flush with his.

After what seemed an eternity, their lips broke apart, though their bodies stayed where they were. They looked into each others eyes for a moment until Shaun broke the silence.

'I'll take that to mean you feel the same?'

All she could do was nod and smile. Finally, she said, 'This, um, doesn't mean I'm just going to fall into bed with you now.'

He laughed loudly. 'I'm perfectly ok with that. We have all the time in the world for other things. For now, I'm just happy to be around you. What do you say we go out to lunch?'

'Yea, let me just get dressed and put a face on,' she replied with a wink.

They went to Malone's, humorously saying they were making up for last night.

'You don't mind pub food, do you?' asked Shaun.

'Oh, hell no. I love it. Life's too short to eat healthy all the time,' she said as she ate another french fry. 'Hey, do you think you'll be able to take more photos tonight of the kids' play?'

'Of course. Truth be told, I'd already planned on it. I figured you'd want pictures of them performing, and, besides, I'll be seeing you again,' he finished, smiling.

'There has got to be something wrong with you. So far, you seem all too perfect. Are you married? Secret love child? Serial killer?' Molly gave him a faux suspicious look.

Shaun laughed so hard he almost choked on his food. Molly joined in. The rest of the lunch was just as enjoyable, as they ate and joked. Another wonderful date as far as she was concerned.

_____________________________

That night, Shaun was nice enough to pick her up and take her to the community center. As they walked up to the center, he reached over and slid his hand over hers. The butterflies in her tummy fluttered wildly. Please, she thought, let this feeling last forever.

During the short intermission, Sally came over to her while Shaun was in the restroom.

'Okay, start talking!' Sally started in. 'I saw the way you were looking at him a bit ago. Is it love already, Mol??' Sally's excitement was palpable, she was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet.

'Calm down, Sally,' Molly said, laughing. 'I did only just meet him yesterday, you know. But, since we're talking.. there isn't anything you haven't told me, right? Because, I'll be honest, I am starting to think he's perfect. That, as you know, usually leads to a big disappointment later down the line. If there's anything you think I should know before I do end up falling in love with him, please tell me now.'

'I've known him for going on ten years now, Mol,' Sally said seriously. 'He quite literally is the most amazing person I know. I know he seems too good to be true, but trust me, he isn't. He was raised by a single mom, whom he then had to nurse when she got severely sick with cancer.'

Molly's face was horror struck. She'd had no idea.

'Don't say anything, let him tell you on his own. It really wasn't my place, but I'm just trying to convey to you that he was raised right, and knows how to treat a woman. He has respect for them. Honestly, Mol, you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it.'

Molly was able to compose herself before Shaun returned. For some reason, he seemed even more beautiful to her when she looked at him. She decided then and there to take Sally's advice and just enjoy it. It may not last forever, but while it did, she didn't intend to waste time worrying.

On the drive home, she reached over and put her hand on his thigh. His hand covered hers, and closed around it. They pulled up in front of her house.

'Would you like to come in? I think Bugs Bunny goes to Pismo Beach tonight,' Molly said with a smile.

'I'd thought you'd never ask,' he answered, smiling back.

This time, on the couch, they were both under the blanket, and she was curled up next to him, his arm around her shoulder.

'You know, I just realized,' started Molly, 'that I haven't seen the sunset in two days. I always sit on my porch and watch the colors changing as it rolls behind the mountains. Though, if I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't have changed my last couple nights for anything.'

'Neither would I,' murmured Shaun, as he looked down into her eyes.

Molly repositioned herself next to him and leaned in to brush her lips against his softly. She leaned back, her face still close to his.

'I'm really hoping this doesn't change your opinion of me,' she said, her eyes closed. She opened them and looked into his confused eyes. Molly stood up and took his hand. She led him to her room. It was dark but the light from the street lamp outside shone through her window, illuminating them both.

Molly turned to face him. Without a word, she took off her shirt. She stood before him, in just her black lacy bra and the long skirt she'd worn to the play.

'Are you sure,' he asked softly. She nodded.

Shaun gently swept a few stray strands of hair from her face before cupping her jawline. His warm lips pressed to hers and she moaned softly. She felt his tongue ease it's way into her mouth as she ran her hands up his chest and started to unbutton his shirt. His hands moved from her face to her lower back, pulling their midsections together, causing them both to groan with pleasure. Her arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers running through the back of his hair. Molly felt him unhook her bra, and she moved slightly to remove it completely. His hands caressed the bare skin of her back, and slowly moved down to cup her round backside. They broke apart for a moment so he could fully remove his own shirt. Molly gazed appreciatively at his bare chest, the soft brown curls covering his sculpted form. Her eyes dropped the littlest bit, to see the hair disappear into his waistline.

Shaun moved closer to her again, and with his hands on her sides, began to raise up her skirt. With what seemed like no effort at all, he lifted her up, putting her legs on either side of him. He sat on her bed while she straddled him. Her flowing skirt pooled around her waist as he once again placed his hands on her rear, pressing her softness against his hardness. Molly could feel his erection pushing against her damp panties. They kissed passionately, tongues intertwining, her arms around his neck, fingers roaming through his hair. She could feel his chest hair against her hard nipples, arousing her more. Her head fell back as she moaned. Shaun lowered his head, and began suckling her left breast. His hot mouth sending waves of pleasure through her body. He moved to the other breast for the same treatment.

Slowly, he rolled over, repositioning themselves on the bed, his body now on top of hers. His right hand slid over her breasts, massaging them gently while his mouth reclaimed hers. Slowly, his fingertips lightly ran down her ribcage, her waist, hip, down her thigh, where his hand hooked behind her knee, drawing it up higher.

'God, you're gorgeous,' he breathed into her mouth.

She looked deep into his eyes as her hand reached down and began unbuttoning his pants. Molly slid her hand into his boxers to close her fingers around his hardness. It was so warm, the skin silky soft, but rock hard against her palm. Vaguely, somewhere in her passion-riddled mind, she noted that he was, by far, the most well endowed man she'd ever been with.

His eyes closed and he groaned audibly.

'I don't think I can wait much longer, Shaun. Please..' Molly whispered.

With that, he reached down and lowered his pants the slightest big, pulling his erection through the hole in his boxers. Molly reached down and pulled her panties to the side, widening her legs. He slid in easily, she was so wet. Her loud moan filled the room as he went deep inside her.

'Jesus, you feel so good, Molly,' Shaun breathed heavily.

He continued to thrust into her, felt her tighten around him, both of them covered in her wetness where they were joined. Her fists closed around wads of his hair as his head lowered to flick her nipples with his tongue. His mouth returned to hers and his tongue's motion matched the movements of his hips.

Molly felt the climax building up, and her breathing accelerated. 'Don't stop,' she said softly against his ear. Suddenly, it felt like a wonderful explosion inside, her moans loud, echoing in her room.

Shaun felt the rush of warmth as she tightened around his shaft. He made a noise that was half moan, half grunt as he quickly pulled out of her heat. Closing his hand around his wet hardness, he finished all over her panties and abdomen, covering them with his cum.

Panting, he momentarily rested his forehead on her shoulder. Finally, he caught his breath enough to say, 'Sorry.. I shouldn't.. I didn't have anything..'

He lifted his head and looked at her. To his surprise, she was smiling at him.