All Comments on 'The Panic Room'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 10 years ago
Great? Wonderful? Very, Very

Special. Enjoyed every second, every word, every syllable of this story!

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago

The humor shines through. Nice to see a couple that deserves each other...I mean was made for each other... so completely. ;)

LancerInLALancerInLAover 10 years ago
No vote

You made me hate the victim. It is hard to do that.

Did I enjoy the story? Yes.

Did I see the humor? Yes.

Still hated the wife. Money grubbing. Self centered. Fake in more ways possible.

Almost clicked 2 stars, but that is unfair. So no vote.

Val

liquid_yellowliquid_yellowover 10 years ago
Great plot line

Far better read than your other submission today

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Clever story

But the wife was a manipulative bitch. He should have planned carefully, socked his money away and left the bitch. Hopefully the drugs caused her to miscarry so he didn't have to pay child support. Was it even his kid?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
"forget I told you about the baby.... even the rapist knew before the husband

brilliant writing but pathetically stupid plot. The moral equivalency argument. ..."we both scewed up" was fucking laughable.

Leaving her in a locked room with a man who drugged and raped her was caused TOTALLY by the the wifes' s actions. Ignoring him cutting him from sex. .. Not telljng him why.... Hiding and LYING about the baby?...

All of that was cased by 100000000%the wifes actions. But wait it gets worse.

Think about HOW the husband found out. They were trying to reconcile and the wife was pushing hard to get everything SHE wanted. The issue of her lying and ignoring him for weeks on end.... Which is WHY the husband thought was cheating.... All of that is lost.

She isnt worried about the marriage she is pushing to get STUFF.... To get a ADVANTAGE. If thats your focus thats BAD news for the marriage.

Lastly this..."forget I told you about the baby..." (or words to that effect)..

How is THAT ok....?

then realizing the rapist knew about being pregnant before the husband....

When you think about it..... This story is a god damn fucking nightmare

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 star triumph

i screwed up my vote. sorry i take it back. wonderfully funny sweet and plausible story. thanks eve3514 ceteague70@gmail.com

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltover 10 years ago
No Woman Can Be THAT Stupid, Can She?

She plans a "Surprise Party" to tell her husband she is pregnant? After telling the Mother-in-Law she cant stand just to get the family bassinet? (and everyone else in the world)

Really?

You have created some women who make rocks seem smart recently, ("That Damn Valentines Day Card", "Eco Friendly Cleaning". "Yes, I'm the Asshole"), but I think this one takes the cake

As far as I can tell, the only reason she married him in the first place was his money. She certainly has no real feelings for him, and he FINALLY found out. I really can see NO reason to get back together the way you have written her, except the unborn child

Now, when are you getting back to "Two Moms", and I think you mentioned "Your Mom is Passed Out, Again?"about six months ago??

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Nice story!

Thanks for sharing.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
Congratulations! It's a bouncing baby........

Tcubed, another terrific tell of a twisted tale of tail.

From all the BTB loonies whooping and a hollerin'. Again you have CREATED, a FICTIONAL STORY, Guaranteed to have their cellmates yelling at them to pipe down their childish tantrums.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Loved it

This was a terrific rendition of the give-and-take that I think all married relationships need to possess. Very, very funny.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
a very decadent read in the full sense of the word

I loved the toys and gear talk more then 50% of the characters. This was mostly written on a lark and was very facile on initial run-through.

I do agree with other comments in terms of plot holes, but also believe they're overthinking the tale just a tad. Props to author for use of titular panic room as plot device. Do I wish TTT had comitted to same originality standard in all other phases of story?

Well yes. But even a 3/4 assed story from this author stands tall against most other Literotica tales in this ( or any ) genre. The gear and tech talk made this a stand-up double.

Even this talented scribe can't write HOF homerun every time out. It just seems that way when you read the best of his best like ' This Old House' or that gaming series.

gara5289gara5289about 9 years ago

Great story. My only comment is that while i don't have kids my sister just had her first and if her husband had walked into a surprise party to let him know his wife was pregnant things would not be good. Especially with the asshole (rapist or not) knowing first.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

The Hope? Not the Hope!!!!

You do and you are DOOMED!!!!

😇

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Must have missed this entry originally, because of the category choice...

But I get why you put it here. And as it was, your intro helped explain it further. Your nod to the humor and satire element, helped me to give the characters a more sarcastic voice than I would have naturally heard in my own head; given the subject matter.

So, those were good choices.

I have to say that I really didn't like some of this, namely the wifey character. So hard to sympathize with a shallow materialistic proud to be a trophy wife, who is not above paying to have her own plaque polished to a higher shine than the proverbial Jones's.

But I get that someone like that seemed to fit in with what you were trying to accomplish here.

My favorite part was Hubby- half-drunk on (only!) 3 beers, slowly realizing all of the flaws in his hastily, not so well thought out, plan. "damn, why didn't I think of that before??" But it worked well for a dual purpose.

1) It gave a sense of realism to his character; it helped to parlay a fragile emotional state. Plus it helped to add some of the humor you were shooting for.

2) It was PURE satire of typical BTB storytelling where saint perfect hubby has the tactical skills to completely think of every detail, despite feeling "grief", the moment he finds out wifey is cheating, and said plans thought up on the fly OF COURSE are executed with out any hitch or hiccup.

So, I really enjoyed that part.

You are to be commended for tackling RAPE as a topical plot device. But I felt this story remained at cross purposes.

Fair enough: Rape and Drugs produce a forgivable act, thus proving a RAACish ending more than not justified.

However, the serious nature of the charges, LOSE their shock value, without the necessary medical follow-up.

I mean, whether this is a fictional farce or not, RAPE is not to be trivialized.

YES, go to the doctor immediately! I don't care if you tried and she said no, since she is TRAMATIZED, you have to make the call FOR her.

Then it is revealed that she is pregnant??? And you STILL didn't go to the doctor?

What, no concern for the little fetus that you spend hours arguing about whether he should have been the last to know about? Drugs and developing babies don't mix. NOT getting medical attention seems, hmm, let's say, negligent!?! (to say the least....)

OK, the reassuring cuddling was one thing, if not made too awkward by the dialogue at that point, but to go for the full sex act, only a mere couple of hours later? Boy she really didn't seem all that bothered after-all, did she? Nor him. Where is the trauma that she is using so effectively as a guilt lever for more trips, and spending sprees?

After the medical stuff checks out, you would think that there is STILL a need for MENTAL/EMOTIONAL counseling, to return the victim back to normal. In real life, many rape victims NEVER fully heal from the emotional scars. But this bitch is more worried about how her and her neighbor's boobs look, than how her husband views his ability to trust her in the future. Retail therapy IS NOT REAL therapy. Both of these folks needed some counseling!

But none of that would have helped the "fun" aspects of this story, I guess. So I get it, you left it out. I don' t think you would have had to go into great detail that much, but mentioning a sentance here or there would have helped the realism factors, as you moved on to the the "make-up" sex scene at the end.

There are commenters on this site who claim that all BTB authors are mysoginistic, and that the stories like the ones this is a satire of, do more harm than good for readers who have been hurt by cheating in their own lives. You are too awesome of an author to be lumped in with that same crap. This story, using satire, could have actually HELPED to prove a point about the severity of rape, and illuminated it's prescence even in the elitist and privilaged ranks of our culture. That would have changed your story, yes, but then you wouldn't have been trivializing it, and its tramatic impacts on women and their relationships either.

Despite it all, since you ARE that good of a writer, this is still a solid 4 by most standards. And it is because I have been missing new work from you, that I was looking down your stories page for something to REREAD, that I came across this. So, I hope it goes without saying, that I do thank you for this story, and your efforts. Even if in my opinion, this wasn't your best work, because it was you, it was still pretty darn good! Hope to see more from you soon.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Surprise

“He was supposed to keep you occupied on Saturday, before the surprise party." – And he has to come over for that? You couldn’t make those arrangements over the phone, or through Marcie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
women like her

deserve to be raped to death .....lol i hear they squeal like a pig. She wanted it.

wylie236wylie236about 8 years ago
testing

I think i'd have a DNA test done on the kid.........just saying

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Divorce Her

It would of been better to of divorced her than all the S*^T she wanted, and Greece on top of that, pitiful wimp.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Gave it a 4 for entertaining writing.

But I can't stand the flippant way rape was dealt with here.

Denise joking and playing around with her husband right after being raped while pregnant was pretty sick.

Fred78Fred78over 7 years ago
Hire a "friend"

To rape the guy every day in prison. And when he is getting out have him killed. No room or excuse to rape a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dumb

This is a dumb story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Pretty typical of this writer who thinks its okay to hit women and rape them, he must with the amount of his stories that have violence against women that this piece of shit has written.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

For those commenting on the lack of medical attention, EMT's were mentioned. I would trust their judgement as to whether more medical attention was needed.

It's all well and good that she wanted to surprise him with the baby, then she shouldn't have told ANYBODY! Not his mother, not her mother, not Marcie, NObody!

I'm also puzzled that she hasn't noticed how she has been treating him in and out of bed.

As I said earlier, if she needs to talk to Dale about the party, why not call, or go over to Marcie's or have them BOTH over? And she's trying to get them to be friends when he's made it clear that he wants NOTHING to do with Dale; he only tolerates him for the sake of her friendship with Marcie.

Name error: "before screaming "AND STAY OUT!" Marcie turned off the outdoor lights, and turned toward me." Should have been Denise turned off...

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
Pregnant

If she communicated with her husband more, probably most of the unpleasantness and suspicion would not have occurred.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
PANICS ARE NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE

good for hiding or being hidden, TK U MLJ LV NV

wanderinggipsywanderinggipsyalmost 7 years ago
Vast variety,colours,spices,twists and turns in the story!!:))quite a delicious read!!:))but boy boy...didn't I mention a jet black background?!;))

Vast variety,colour,spices and twists and turns in the story!!;))like neon..or brilliant lime...or fluorescent yellow decorating a jet black background most fetchingly!! :)) and haters,the husband realised the man was her rapist...way later...!!before that he mistook him to be his wife's illicit lover....and here is a whole lot screaming that the husband Sean purposely got wife Denise raped!!!...would you all please read the story properly before jumping to comments!!!;))

Dialoguing very colourful,spicy and interesting with bends,twists and turns all woven in deftly!! :))..especially Marcie's abusing trains!!;)) Marcie is a delightful semi lead lady!!:))makes it such an enjoyable read!! :))

Only one thing missing writer, was aftercare for Denise after she went through rape...the husband too busy conducting a squabble on and on...utterly overlooking soothing her trauma as best as possible...!!!...he only wakes to her 'post traumatic care needed' reality when she reveals she is pregs with Sean's baby!!..Or does he at all wake to that fact?!;))Reeks of too insensitive over sexism?!;)) those who have read author's other stories would find him quite a happy sexist,actually!!;))Puppy girl-the stray..your work..right?!;))

Also covering almost every inch of the house with surveillance cameras shows high suspicion on his wife...always wishing to monitor her intra home movements!!;)) if she went out and strayed...and posed lovey loyal at home would Sean be able to find out?!;)) granted babies take a lot of a mother's time!!;))...But Sean knows..being tempted is not impossible...as he was with Marcie!!;)) She was the one who switchd off both of their little erotica midway...isnt it?!;)) Not him!!;))....Boy boy...didn't i mention something about a jet black background?!;))

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hhhmmmmmm. .....

Still not convinced about her. Should he have the baby dna'd? Something just doesn't smell right.

Maybe I'm to suspicious

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Check The Surveillance Tapes Again

Go back further and find out that their time in the Panic Room wasn't their first time. And in all likelihood, her 'rapist' is the father of her first child.

Also, for all of you idiot wannabe mommies, it is a law, written in the blood of your child, that the husband/father is the first person to be told about your pregnancy. The first man to hear about it should be considered to be the father. Where I live, the rapist would be considered to be the godfather.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Be tougher

On her. He Needed to b tougher on her. She did fuck him

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 5 years ago
Hilarious!

I would love to see this as a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great

dialogue. The wife is sooo lovable.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
A really good story

well written and fun read. The dialogue sections are very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
nice, sex and humour!

for me he should have fucked her friend and kept quiet about it!

Great story!

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Fun!

Still not sure why she wanted the douchebag there alone with her, regardless of her excuse. Made no sense.

But, thinking obviously is not her strong point. Married her for those tits!

Good story. Fun. and befuddling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Idiotic plot

So she invites her friend's husband around to her house for private drinks, without his wife. A guy she KNOWS her husband hates and thinks is scum. All on the pretext of getting her husband to like him. Behind his back. Without telling him. When he is not there. Without telling the guy's wife who is her best friend.

So to recap. Treats husband like crap for weeks. Husband hates guy. She doesn't discuss it with her friend. Wants husband to "like" guy. Invites guy around "for drinks" when she knows her husband won't be home. Without telling anyone.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great story. Not sure I would ever trust wifey after being "soiled" by the asshat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 Stars

She invited asshole into the house for Drinks ?? Knowing She is Pregnant What is She Drinking with him ? No Sex for 2 weeks . I Wonder if this is the first time this has happened with Him .. Check the Tapes or DVD for peace of mind .

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 3 years ago

Not your best work. The wife sounds like she was pretty terrible even before it all went down and the husband should have cause to get a DNA test on the kid. Just her behavior makes little sense unless she was already sneaking around behind his back with shrimpboy. 3 stars.

KoxokKoxokalmost 3 years ago

Too many inconsistencies as others have noted, and boo boo that he locked her in there. She’s home without her husband and entertaining another man who her husband has said he doesn’t like or trust. That is just the start. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wouldn’t have felt guilty at all for locking her in. She violated Rule 1: A wife is NEVER alone with another man, EVER! No exceptions. There are no situations that a wife would legitimately be away from her husband where there aren’t at least two other people. Police, Medical, anything above board never leaves a woman alone with a man.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I did t like it. Just a bunch of rich people, playing games.

If you pay attention to the story, you will see that wifey greets her “ rapist” with a kiss, as he comes into the house. THAT was before any drugging took place. I don’t agree with leaving them there to die. But I think it was pretty obvious, hubby was just a means for her to maintain her lifestyle. And not sharing the idea of her pregnancy with the husband, when half the world knows, stinks of narcissist control. I think this is not, the last time she will break his heart. One star!

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Right---2 weeks without sex and she didn't cheat? Tell me another story.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Everybody's right about the inconsistencies. But so what. It was hysterical. And he rectified everything in retrospect. The Bear approves. 6 stars because a good tongue in cheek is exceeded only by a totally funny one. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

The BEAR

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

In my humble opinion this was yet another "Curate's Egg, -exceedingly good in parts but, exceedingly piss-poor in others! The whole opus was rife with contradictions some major, some minor, but what really made it shudder and jar so unharmoniously for me was how violent the acute polarisation of the story's alternating emotional discordant mood-swings were as the undercurrent spun through rapidly opposing-cliché stances of sacerine-enhanced sugar-bliss and death-is-TOO-good for them, thus stirring-up nearly everyone!

Good concept though, but for me there was a glitch -''twixt plot, and storyboard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Original and creative. Funny. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ya gotta love technology...and people with too much money and time on their hands...and hot-to-trot McMansion living-tennis playing-mildly nymphomaniacal-narcissistic trophy wives.

And the way you made a very entertaining "almost/maybe/BTB tale" into an RAAC where the key people all lived happily ever after on sex-fueled heights of love.

Kudos kudos kudos... 10 out of 10

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unique story. Any story centered around rape is really hard to read and difficult to handle, except somehow the author pulls it off with quirky dialog. Not sure why some commenters think two weeks without sex must mean cheating. She had found out she was pregnant and was making plans for the pregnancy, the nursery, contending with morning sickness and parents/siblings/inlaws, and the surprise party. As an aside surprises like that are probably better done between the married couple alone. A reveal to family and friends can be done separately afterwards at a party. His locking her in there with her rapist is really wrong on so many levels. Was like 8 or 9 hours. Uggh.

RodreaderRodreaderover 1 year ago

Hilarious! Loved it. Totally got the Chevy Chase comparison right off the bat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Something still sounds off with her side of the story. Better get a DNA kit to verify the daddy question.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why was she kissing the asshole and rubbing knees with him as soon as he walked in? Maybe he did not have to drug her, He should have left the braindead bitch in the safe room,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hug and kiss. Close and drinks

In house.

Met in public place together is bad enough

In private and all hell no!!!!

Used wife to use husband

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Humorous

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Great Story. If I was hubby I sure would be going thru all the old videos to make sure that was the only time his wife's friends hubby was over. LOL could have been a lot more than the last time. Could even be his baby. LOL Great Writing, Great Story. I love a happy ending. Great effort. Thanks Buster2U

blackknight314blackknight314about 1 year ago

I loved the whole name calling part... funny.

Great job, thanks for sharing your work!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just another willing cuckold! I hate these stories no matter how they try to pretty it up. LM

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

My bad LM

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Meh! 3 stars.

Bill S.

Hardday1953Hardday195315 days ago

Wow, Homerun! There were a few places where you could have fleshed out the story a bit more. But, hey, you're the author and the MAN. Solid five stars. Don't you love these Anonymous comments!!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).