All Comments on 'The Plumber's Daughter'

by beagle9690

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
DrbicDrbicover 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

Entrancing story.... Reminded me of the things I like about true love. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Same here

This is stuff a good book, not a short story..Congrats

db448db448over 13 years ago
excellent ride

Could have used an editor to catch a few grammar missteps and I was disappointed we didn't get to see him and her dad square off, but still a five star none the less

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 13 years ago
more please

You can't let it end like this. I need more. I hope you decide to do another chapter. Great romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This started out pretty good. The "My Queen" and "My Blue Knight" stuff was overdone and corny. For something like that less is more. Having her constantly thinking about her ex and comparing patrick to him while being intimate with patrick made her seem to be ungrateful and still shallow when it seemed to me the story was about her learning a lesson and coming down to earth again as the daughter of a plumber. The perspective shifts worked in the early portion of the story as the characters were being brought together but once they were together it hurt the story flow. I could see the back story with patrick and his wife being more solid if they did Ren. Faires together where they could both sell her art, some of patrick and Sam's work. The Ren Faire angle would also have better supported the "my Queen"/"Blue Knight" corniness, especially if part of Marie's relationship as a little girl with her father revolved around his reading her fairy tales and stories about knights and damsels in distress. Maybe its just me but there were times when pronouns were just way over used... too much he, his, she and her where actual names would have been better.

Things that are missing that I would have liked to see would be payback to the 2 girls, the lesbian and the guy who were going to shanghai Marie into slavery. I wanted to see Patrick meet Marie's father. Having Ann's horse accept Marie would have been a nice device as well since there is background of how much Ann loved the horse and how the horse was unsettled with Patrick's absence.

This story has a pretty good foundation but seemed to get looser and too over the top the longer it went on.

beagle9690beagle9690over 13 years agoAuthor
I wish to thank everyone for their comments

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. This was part one that was laying the ground work. I am working on part two. There will be a confrontation between Patrick and the father. I’m not going to give anything else away, but there has been some pretty good guesses so far. It was deliberately a little bit corny, perhaps to some, intimate for others. I will be looking for an editor for part 2 and possibly three.

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
great

three things: marie gets to punch susan at some pointm she gets her revenge for the club, from all involved-sans angus he seemed written as a sympathetic person, and find out if the two bitches survived in one piece

C_frommnC_frommnover 13 years ago
Great Story

Love the Characters and the flow of the Story.

it deffinately needs a follow-up.

Patrick needs to meet dad and she and Patrick need to settle things.

mike2710mike2710over 13 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for a very good read. I look forward to the next installment.

DespairEternityDespairEternityover 13 years ago
Loved it

I loved it. I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Can't wait to read the next installment. Thanks for a great read

DE

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 11 years ago
Discreetly means quietly , without undue publicity ....

Discretely woukd imply something mathamatical not quiet , non-fuss , private !!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Great story

A good first chapter of a romance story.

It is true that I was surprised by the character of Angus, he seemed a good person, but turned out to be a pimp, no matter how much he wanted women to consent, his business was the sale of women. I like the characters of Marie and Patrick, both have character, and it is obvious that they have been liked, although they have influenced the circumstances.

We will see what the following chapters provide.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I really enjoyed the second part of the story

The near brush with disaster at the club was horrific. I do disagree with the other comment about Angus being a pimp, People in the BDSM scene do use contracts so in that sense he’s not a pimp. He apparently checks everything the following morning with the subs to make sure that the contract is something that they want. That’s the behaviour of a responsible person. What was irresponsible was trying to cover up the fiasco by having Patrick buy out the contract. He doesn’t have a clue of what’s going on in his club. The character of Angus himself just seemed off’ he came across (to me) to be a caricature of a Scots person, clan honour etc.

The use of ‘My Queen’ and ‘Blue Knight’ was a little overdone but it was romantic. Even though Marie’s ongoing comparison between the Jerk and Patrick was fairly constant I don’t think it was overdone. Who else did she have to compare him to? Added to which it was all an internal monologue, I don’t know about anyone else but my internal monologue is constant and uncensored. The story only seems to be 4 chapters long so I’m guessing it’s unfinished, but what the hell i’ll read it anyway. It’s been lovely so far.

Tess (UK)

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Enjoyed it, however the language was overdone, l hope it is filtered out.

Let’s see where this story takes us.

4/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeagle9690@beagle9690
440 Followers
Retired Law Enforcement. I dislike profanity for profanities sake.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES