All Comments on 'The Power Failure'

by TabooTeller

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
What bloody wimp husband & stupid!

The blame with this wimp husband totally is derived from the expectations & desires of the author [as it should be]. Does not mean we have to agree with it or like it but as the rating indicates - it is just another slut wife / wimp husband story. If words paint pictures - then this author's preferences are very vivid. Poor SOB.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Some good some bad.

What the husband should have done is coldly beat the shit out the stud. And made sure he couldn't upset anyone ever again. The wife was stupid and deserves some sort of punishment. But to be fair she pulled back and told the husband what happened. So Divorce or leaving her might be a bit extreme. I suppose it depends on the nature of some ones take on cheating did she cheat? perhaps, But I think the couple could and should get over this. Of course if MY wife did this I probably wouldn't be quite so forgiving. But nice story anyway.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
I think you'd better leave . . .

"I think you'd better leave" should have been the first words hubby said when he walked in on his wife and stud Thomas trying to hit on her. I can't believe he shook the guy's hand and considered offering him a drink or whatever instead of putting a choke hold on the guy, who was committing assault on his wife. Yes, it was assault. The law in many states is very clear that if a person threatens (and trying to push sex on a woman who says no and backs up is obviously threatening behavior) and then that person takes two consecutive steps towards that individual, it constitutes assault and self-defense is justified, especially when it is within one's house, one's castle. The husband coming to his wife's defense is also justified in such a case. I'm not a lawyer but I'd bet a jury would agree with me and I'm told I'm correct by legal experts as regards the above -- I'm even correct according to the Internet, so I must be right! Anyway, the neighborhood newbie is obviously a womanizer and sexual predator -- if not attacking him straight away, the other option would be to warn him that his behavior is not welcome in this, my house, nor would it be welcome in this neighborhood. I finally would advise him that if I ever caught him on my property again, his safety would be forfeit and that was a statement of fact, not simply a threat. As to other aspects of the story, it flowed pretty well although it was a bit repetitive. An editor or better proof-reading might have caught errors like, "I didn't want him and I wasn't going to commit adulatory." Of course, her body initially felt some "adulation" for Thomas, but her mind was more in control, it seems, so "adultery" did not happen. The sex scenes were certainly not too short and were fairly erotic, in my opinion. Of course, in these stories, the woman always comes lots of times and still wants more sex (we men want our women to be whores in bed and saints in public), but that's the fantasy and turn on for many readers. Please consider making your male lead characters a bit more "manly." Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
first

for this story the length of the sexscenes are good. but the logic of the story itself lacks a bit. the kitchen scene is really not believable at all. why would he just stay there (of course I also would like to know how my wife reacts) and after her late no to the guy, just walk in and be friendly to both of them? of course he would not need to beat the shit out of him but make a really strong statement of what to expect if he sees him around one more time. not understandable was the reaction towards his wife also. first he did not question her why she did kiss this stranger and then he went to work the next couple of weeks and never had good sex and had never any idea that the guy could try it a second time. has this guy Alzheimer's disease ? his reactions would have more likly led to a divorce, not showing her what she did wrong or telling him to fuck off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Too much 'roid usage...

Too much steriod usage by the comments here. You guys really pounce on anything showing a remote degree of restraint, don't you? Bottom line - he was there and monitored what happened. He would have intervened if necessary. He tested her - and - shock of shocks - she passed. Love won. Give your wimp bashing attitudes a rest. Are you really that insecure yourselves? How sad.

Nice job, writer. A believable enough mix in this story.

Thor_in_CaliforniaThor_in_Californiaabout 15 years ago
Better testosterone than "wimposterone"

I agree with Vulcan. Anonymous from Detroit just does not get it. Maybe if my friend kissed my wife on the lips, we were all a bit sozzled, and I did the same to his wife -- we've known each other for years, and it's just general affection and friendliness, I would not feel threatened. But for a complete stranger to come into my house and aggressively try to hit on my wife, forcing her to step back and despite her saying "no" continue to touch her inappropriately and advance on her, well, that's just wrong. By the way Thomas reacted when hubby appeared, it's clear he knew it, too. It's not steroidal when you want to protect your family from a predator. The voyeuristic actions of the "hero" in the story do not suggest protectiveness, and most wives lose respect for their husbands if they stand by while another man tries to claim them, almost succeeding, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
to anon in Detroit

I'm glad i don't live in Detroit. If you have to hang around and watch a letcher hit on your wife so you can test her, you must have a strange marriage. Don't complain about steroids, try thinking about loving marriages.

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I agree with the commenter who said that the

husband should have coldcocked him...Hey welcome to the neighborhood motherfucker...this is how we handle your kind here. To the asshole that blamed it on steroid use...let me tell you mother fucker I use steroids and I have never been prone to do such a thing. I work out and get big muscles...to stomp your ass...now that's steroids talking motherfucker. TabooTeller...I have to say that you have been pretty hard up to write a story like this...not only is it stupid...but it's stupid marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I agree with some views

I think the husband would not act like he did, and that made this story not really one of your better written ones. I just felt it lack credibility, but as always I look for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
no way

This was a waste of ink, a husband sees his wife kissing a man in his own house and shakes his hand ya;;;; give your head a shake if your down to these type of stories quit writing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 15 years ago
I don't really believe her

I think on the next day when the neighbor came back, she couldn't resist his charms, and he fucked her there in the kitchen, and has been fucking her every day for the last two weeks. The only reason she is confessing to her husband is that she was caught by one of her other neighbors and was afraid that they tell her husband.A good story, thanks.....Rich

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
You don't believe her

Cause that's what your wife did to you, the only thing worse than a perv is a old perv. I liked the story, she thought about cheating, even wanted to but didn't. And as she thought about it was tempted less each time. Husband should have kicked the guys ass, thats my biggest complaint, thanks.

TabooTellerTabooTellerabout 15 years agoAuthor
Let's calm down, by TabooTeller

Well, thanks for the compliments but lets keep things more friendly. This is supposed to be a friendly forum. Of course we can disagree but a couple posters here, on both sides, have come too close to mean spirited flaming. Yeah, I know it happens around here, sometimes by the writers, I’ve been flamed by a writer after a friendly criticism, but as I said it’s supposed to be more friendly here.

The only reason hubby didn’t deck the guy was that he didn’t want to reveal to his wife that he saw her. Some readers got that but I could have made it clearer. He did go to her rescue though at one point even though the guy could probably have flatten him, so remember that if you think he’s too much of a wimp.

I don’t know why marriedwithballs keeps reading my stories since I don’t think he’s liked any of them, including my non-cheating stories, but it’s his time. He keeps reading them though so that might be good. :)

And I do appreciate those who had good things to say about the story

TT

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
Being shaken from daily dulldrum, a good thing

Not that there could not be places where I would have seen the story going a bit better, but look at a story which takes a simple situation, then complicates it complicates as the story develops (and even provides one of the longest -short sex scenes). I was very happy...<P>

Of course, we should have different takes on both the characters' specific moves throughout the plot AND on the level of the underlying themes. On both levels the author engendered any thing from lively to over heated exchanges... I suggest the latter should be taken as disguised compliments: first, on account of proving that the story held the commentators’ interest and second, on account of probably successfully hitting some sensitive nerves. And if as a writer does that, and somehow shake the readers out of their daily semi or full mental dulldrum, then said writer should feel satisfied that he has done some good to this planet earth. <P>

My own two cents? I can't tell if the real problem in the story was truly addressed, not to mention averted…Dealing with one seducer is good, but to me, the question that should have been explored is why was one jerk able to be as disruptive, or present such a threat for this couple to begin with? Yes, what's needed IMO is either more exploration of what was missing between the couple and “unearthing” what could be some major psychological baggage of some sort the wife is most likely carrying…TT, If you did not wish to take the story in this direction (this kind of an effort could get a bit cumbersome, so I can’t hold it against you that you did not go there), you could have "sent them to a good couple’s counselor and the wife for some solid mental ‘tune up’- she does present as mentally vulnerable. <P>

Over all, again it was intriguing and great fun to read. Both on its own merits, but even more so when you look at the wasteland around - it’s a no brainier... And to see people dropping rating because THEY (as opposed to the characters…) would have acted somewhat differently… Come on, that’s not a way to assess a story. It’s all about how the STORY assesses the CHRACTERS. But no matter what – there will always be more who take a story as if it was a non fiction or a documentary…

TabooTellerTabooTellerabout 15 years agoAuthor
Thanks and more

Thanks, KOLKORE, for the more intellectual comments. I did try to show why the wife was so valuable, again I probably could have made that clearer, as well as Hubby’s efforts to correct the situation. A counselor would have been a good idea.

But instead of psychological baggage the story was supposed to hint at something else going on that everyone has missed. I didn’t want to spell it out so I put in certain feelings and events that would help to show something, but I guess not enough.

Being shaken out of daily doldrums even by a story you didn’t like isn’t a bad thing. That has happened to me twice with stories by KK. Certain scenes got my heart rate going and not because of the sex.

TT

MelloYellowMelloYellowabout 15 years ago
Fun Story

I found the character and the premise consistent. As he is driving home he recalls a LW theme. Waiting to see how his wife responds to temptation seems a fair balance between trust and anxiety. His trust is rewarded with her honesty. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Old WWWbutcantgetany is still spilling hiis hate.

The story is ok, but I agree with some others the hand shake is way off. I would have very politely told him welcome to the neighborhood and you are not welcome on my property, get off now and never come back or speak to me or my wife. Being nice to assholes is never the way to handle situations. The wife obviously has no mind of her own since when she just meets a man that walks up to her house she is kissing him, letting him feel her breast and cunt, and is handling his cock. All of these are sex acts and good enough for me to divorce the wife. After all if she does this with you in the house, what does she do when you arent there?

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
One of the simpliest things to do is to order

from the internet, some perfume that contains male pheremones. I ordered some just for the hell of it and I notice that women always seem to enjoy touching me. I am seventy five years old and am pretty buffed for an old man. I think that my age keeps the women from attacting me. I am pretty ugly. But a younger man dousing himself with male pheremones would make women feel just like the wife in the story. What the husband should do is to visit the man and just tell him that he is repaying the visit. I would take a few husbands with me and let the man know in so uncertain terms including a few bruises and black eyes and a few missing teeth that he should move to another neighborhood if he wants to live very long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i think

i think the husband wanted to do him.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
Why I read Loving Wives stories.

For the most part, I read these stories to keep myself proactive in cheat proofing my marriage (The DJ Wife). Am I being an active part in her life. Am I really listening to her, am I being the husband she needs me to be? How does my actions or inactions make her feel?

I am not so much against sharing my wife with another, but it will be on my terms and the same goes for myself. Just as her pussy belongs to me, my cock belongs to her.

Loving wives stories also have really brought out the hurt and pain caused by cheating. The ruined lives and homes and the lack of respect for the wronged partner are a common theme brought out in these stories.

I am currently writing an alternate ending to "Feeding the Pussy" by KK, because frankly, the characters pissed me off. I want to put a backbone in the Husband being manipulated. It is a testament to an author to stir up such emotions.

Keep up the writing TabooTeller. I enjoy your work.

auhunter04auhunter04about 12 years ago
I am afraid

Afraid I would have had a 'Come to Jesus' talk with this gentlemen and dropped around to a few neighborhood men as well. Or perhaps a group meeting with a officer of the Law there.

mmm Outdoor paviliion, a hangman's noose over a rafter right above where he is directed to stand

invite wives as well

videotape and upload to Utube

but just let alone

nope..........

norcal62norcal62over 11 years ago
I agree with Anonymous from 8/27/09.

The descriptions of the male intruder seemed to be written by a woman or else by a gay male. Most male authors wouldn't go into the detail of physical looks of another man that were in this story. This is not that I am offended by a gay male, it just made the story weird for me. The use and meaning of the term, "manly" was never satisfactorily explained

The logic of the action up to the kitchen scene made no sense; just having sex, then getting up to answer the door in a nightgown? Not likely.

Passive male characters are always a turnoff for me. This one didn't even do a real "love test" of the wife. She did all the action, and she was the one to be telling the neighbors. Doesn't compute.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
It was a woman's perception that counted here

The description was what made it work - her perception of the man and how it made her feel - it is why he does so well in the story -

Whoever wrote it got the point - and shared the vision

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Author is gay?

Why else all the wimp husbands who takes decades in making decisions on how to confront their slut wives. In this instance he gets his mental jollies in testing the wife and pays absolutely no attention to the fact that asshole predators ALWAYS come back. Not only wimpy... But stupid as well.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
SAY NO . LET LOVE WIN . THE FIRST TIME , EVERY TIME .

Gave a 5 , just for the message.

However, I do agree with other comments, the husband should have been more 'manly' in his reaction. At least a 'cold shoulder ' approach towards the 'Lothario' was necessary. A minimum from a truly loving husband.

I also agree with Kolkore (2/16/09).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I LIKE THE STORY. THE WIFE IS A KEEPER! HER SEXUALITY IS HEALTHY. SHE HERSELF CAN NOT FATHOM WHY SHE WAS TEMPTED SO INTENSELY

She is a good wife. Is something missing from her life? Well, how many people could honestly say that nothing is missing from their life.

She did not succumb to temptation!

What if she does next time? If she were my wife i would forgive her because she analyses her actions & is loyal to her husband & marriage as an institution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Red flag

When your wife admits to that you know in reality much more happened.

Husband already sensed her sleeping around on him as mentioned he visioned another car in his driveway turning down the street.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Pretty uncommon story line

One doesn't come across many LW stories here where the wife walks up to the edge and backs away; without outside intervention anyway. That kept the emotional impact of an angry, possibly violent, confrontation out of the story.

I wonder if the hubby made up the stories about the neighbors (like the widow) to reinforce in his wife that the guy was a sexual predator. He could have introduced a health fear aspect by saying something like "The guy's dick is probably a STD injection waiting to happen." That ought to cool his appeal even further.

Lastly, utility companies are pretty good at determining the cause of power failures. Are you introducing the possibility of devine intervention? (Grin)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The predatory neighbour needs a thorough "education"

From a husband protecting his wife and marriage.

Nice to see she 'fessed up but worrying for her husband that it was so easy. FFS, he was just in the other room! Predator was a sociopathic shitstain playing for sympathy like Weinstein.

How many men (and women) would like some time in a windowless room to "educate" that sack of shit?

Thanks for the story

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
A CAD AND A WOLF

seems to find\just the right spot it society, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What kind of crap is this!

If I say some guy feeling up my wife, I would immediately comfort him then call the cops. Thus is called sexual assualt. He will be arrested immediately. It's scrap like thus that the #metoo group has all of these lotharios on the run. They can't do that any more!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
At least

At least she came to her senses before going too far. Her confession didn't hurt her either.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Some of the comments crack me up!

Sure, they assume that if she confessed to that much she did more. And the shit neighbor needs to be beaten up. And... And... In real life, people make horrible mistakes. This one was bad, but not a marriage killer. He pulled it together, put his trust in her, and they went forward. I'm guessing they got past it because a confession takes courage and character and she grew up a little. Good story, but it does get the blood flowing.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 4 years ago
Interesting take

...on the 'came home early' trope. I do find her inviting a total stranger into the house, and falling for him immediately, to be implausible. Likewise for hubby standing there watching that long. I can't imagine any man not walking right toward the voices, and seeing what was happening, asking WTF right then and there. He could have done that, and the rest of the communications and outcomes could have been the same, either immediately or over time.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

Still a good story, but what man doesn't have a word with Thomas after the first time? A man would have more than a word when it continued to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The author is a castrated gay

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

She didn't give in.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Why would an author have a strong wife like her married to a wimpy fucking coward like him? Then I saw the author lives in California and all was clear.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

All I'm hearing is that if there hadn't been a power cut that day, she'd have been getting railed by Thomas and probably still would be. She's a cheater waiting to happen. Divorce and move on. Better getting out early than late. Any woman that ever pulls that "I couldn't resist" bullshit should be avoided. That's just a weak-ass excuse to allow giving into your baser desires and trying to avoid accountability. If you can't show restraint when a guy comes onto you then you really need some professional help. Doesn't matter if he's a hot piece of ass and you're feeling horny. Get a fucking grip of yourself. Especially if you're married and especially if you had kids, like this dumb slut-in-waiting does. Sheesh I swear everyday I lose a little bit more faith in humanity; I'm surprised I still have any left at this point.

NallusNallus2 months ago

I think you did the right thing by sitting back and waiting. I would've done more active watching though. Maybe she saw his reflection in the kitchen and that's when everything turned around for her maybe she hadn't stopped herself…

I loved the story!

Booboo12629Booboo12629about 1 month ago

Are married women really this stupid and vulnerable? Not in my experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous