All Comments on 'The Power Outage'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
hodunkhodunkalmost 13 years ago
A great get even tale

Thanks for the story bob, you always entertain me. I don't writecomments often but , you are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOB IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
What do you mean "Bob's back "????

....You mean bob's found a way to write a creampie story you can endorse???? This is your torch song???? How fucking discerning.Such complex, original writing.Yeah, I can see where you would rave.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 13 years ago
Good

Typical JPB style, direct and to the point. I always feel like I have run a short race after reading one of these stories, because they just take off and offer no respite till the conclusion.

Anonymous0Anonymous0almost 13 years ago

At what point did this story become erotic? I seem to have missed that part. All I see here are two stupid people who should not have got married and certainly should not have had kids. As for BOB being back? No he is what he is and what he always will be. You don't go through 5 or 6 wives without it effecting you in some way.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
YES.

What HODUNK said....

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Bobs back from the WACC side of the force

Good to have you back JPB

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
what you are all missing is this

a poster above asked at what point does this become erotic?

what y'all dont see... is that for JPB... this sort of thing IS erotic.

Just take a moment to think about how fucked up that is.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 13 years ago
Huh?

I think it was Ohio who started one of his stories by noting that, though oft panned, JPB is something of a guilty pleasure in which we all indulge. By being so prolific, though, his stories tend to be--as the above commenter noted--much like a breathless sprint rather than a marathon.

Unfortunately, this breathless sprint, while seeming to give us all the pleasure of the wife's revenge, ends up being ultimately hollow upon further reflection. Think about it: Hubby's a philandering piece of shit who doesn't deserve the faithful wife, so wife decides to feed him creampies for the rest of their lives? That not only raises my squeamish factor, but also leaves me ultimately depressed because wife has now stooped to hubby's level. Moreover, wife's revenge is really only in her head; it can't be true revenge unless hubby knows he's eating someone else's creampies, and she doesn't seem intent on letting him find out.

Thus, this story is ultimately not about true revenge. Instead, it's about how a faithful, loving wife turns into a revenge-ridden shrew willing to completely shred her own morals for partial revenge. Better that she left the bastard for Mike and took him to the cleaners in the process. That way--hopefully--she could've maintained her moral high ground and still had a happy life with a new husband who's ultimately worthy of her love.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
hmmmmm

Odd, but good. Nice work, JPB.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAalmost 13 years ago
There wasn't much to the story.

There wasn't much to the story. What little we know about any of the characters tells us that they are all screwed up. The revenge doesn't do much to make the wife a very sympathetic character. Losers abound! The husband, the lovers (hers and his), and the wife, all losers!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 13 years ago
Overanalyzed?

Thanks for a short tale of revenge and the financial practicality of divorce and single parenthood. The unfaithful husband in this story deserves all he will recreceiving. And apparently this story gives Bob a chuckle, so he can write whatever he likes.

gogreengogreenalmost 13 years ago
nice but.... never finished

sorry but i'm just not interested in things from the women's point of view.

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
As usual a wonderful AMORAL morality story

Brilliant!, Just Plain Bob. Your economy of style is so appealing and your characters quickly come to life. Your stories are always a wonderful morality play with such amoral "playas"...as usual a terrific and well written piece of entertainment. Thank you for your literary genius and generosity!

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
Same feces, different stench.

Some things and some people never change. I gave you a One Star rating only because there is no ZERO!

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
Well...

I like to see cheaters get what they deserve. He doesn't know so it's not total revenge. He is still fucking the other broad. One day her cheating will be discovered. They will have a screaming match and she will tell him what he has been eating. He will leave the room and return minutes later with a firearm and empty it into her face and chest. One dead, one in prison and two in foster care. Unless he likes creampies that is.

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23almost 13 years ago

Oh come on if it was the woman who was caught cheating first people would be calling for a public hanging!

I am not big on revenge stories, because it doesn't solve anything, but Rob is a douche and deserves what he gets. Of course I would have rather seen her confront her sorry excuse for a husband before the revenge part.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
she should have cut off his left nut

she is right in getting revenge, but creampies are just wrong........lol

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
I completely agree with Rehnquist. His analysis is spot on.

As always JPB's work is readable. His characters are well drawn. His plots though frequently suck and the motivations of his characters as in this story are questionable.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I don't like it.

Her so called method of revenge is silly and serves no purpose and is self-distructive.

Actually divorce would be a very good option. She would get custody and keep the house until the children are gone. She would also get child support in the amount of at least 30% which is at least $30,000 per year since his income of over 6 figures. Even if she quit her job, she and the children would do quite well.

bigchefwaynebigchefwaynealmost 13 years ago
Get Real People

This was a short story with a great use of lines. Stop trying to bring hard logic and your own more petrified biases to analyze a fun little story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A POWER SURGE

in their marriage and relationship. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Oh Well

Revenge sex never works. Call the lawyers this marriage is done.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
life is so unfair

why don't these women ever find me?

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Another shot across the bow by JPB

Quick and to the point. But for the life of me, whether it's a man or a woman doing it, how does sleeping with someone else earn you "revenge" against your spouse? Doesn't it just make you a cheater? Aren't you exposing yourself to std's? And does it really make you feel better about your self and your situation? BAH!

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

Touche! Dejavu! Good reading. Cheers!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE POWER OUTAGE

prompts a Deja Vu. Huh? TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ha ha good try

The first time she feeds him leftovers he'll know and the divorce will be on. That's okay. They're both cheaters so why stay married?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is a trainwreck looking for a place to happen.

After getting fucked so many times at work is her husband really not going to notice that "just fucked" look on his wife's face when she gets home? Or the "smell" of her just fucked pussy? Hubby would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice. The only question this unfinished story leaves us with is which one of the cheaters will file for divorce first? Why would either of them want to be married to the other? UGH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really???

What good is vengeance if the party your taking it on doesn't know it???

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Hahaha!

Nice ending!

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

sooner or later he will find out or she will tell him.

revenge is sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sex of cheating spouse...

...does not matter

BALANCE THE SCALES

The only jpb story I have scored a five

The Usual One

imhaplessimhaplessabout 6 years ago
Cute and entertaining

5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I wouldn't recommend it...

...divorce is more empowering, but women always have the greater power to find sex when they want it. So, can anyone be surprised that she had an easy time finding sex just hours after catching her worthless husband? It's a good lesson for men - women have that choice every day. Don't give them motivation to prove it.

Good story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good

Revenge goes both ways. Good story.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Man, it is so easy for girls to get revenge...

No need for spy cams, for military buddies to know kung-fu.

All you need is the certainty that your husband is screwing someone behind your back, and, immediately, you can get some other fucker to prepare the creampie you'll let him eat the same night!

As brutal, if not more, than anything most cheated on men can come up with. With the added bonus that Diane still would end up with most of their money if Rob find out about her. Definitely a win/win here.

Great BTB. Nice to read one going the other way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Huh?

She is worried about finances after divorce and yet every other story the Bitch gets everything and he has to heat beans out of a can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Her "plan" has no chance of working.

Her husband is going to realize he's "tasting" another man's cum and the divorce will be on. Except it will be on his terms instead of her terms and that's a mistake on her part. He'll do everything he can to see to it that she gets as little as possible from the divorce. If she files, she has the element of surprise and can stick it to him. I guess she must be a dumb blonde. Bad Bob, BAD!

1 star

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Okay story

Guess I will just never comprehend the revenge fucking thing. So you catch your spouse cheating, then you go revenge fucking, so you are both cheaters. Oh, so the one cheating first is the bad one, right? I Don't think it works that way, at least it wouldn't in court.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hubby noticed right away his wife had gotten fucked

She got the divorce papers the next week after he had emptied the bank accounts. Dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Took longer for the page to refresh than it did to skim this. That had more of a plot and was far more interesting as well.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Another of non-stories from this writer. Mediocre idea, few paragraphs and no plot to go with. Nothing but garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Payback a bitch,Lord knows how long he's been screwing around her back.She's not weak or laim good for her.However there that old saying(two rong doesn't make it right).Me! I'm from Brooklyn I can counter that old saying.F--k That! When it come to ego,pride,self worth you don't mess with that.To cheated husband&wives teach them a lesson nothing physical O.K.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9032 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...