All Comments on 'The Prisoner of Glenda'

by Salamis

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very very Talented

You are a wonderful writer, your talent is boundless, I read this site for the raunchy sex, but could not stop reading your story. All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWW

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
Great story

The story was told with great finesse. I did however, guess that the reason Gail left was because of an encounter with Brad. I also guessed that Gail, having kept her maiden name was raped by Brad too.

Excellent writing. Great story about a lifetime of friendship, and when the line came about Andrew being black, it made no difference. andrew was a super guy. Unlike most of the stories on Literotica's "loving Wives" section, Andrew was a true gentleman, and didn't have a foot long cock to fuck his friend's wife while he was out of town. Thanks for writing this story

Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Brilliant!

This is a great story, erotic in places, suspenseful throughout and very moving at the end. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great

This story kept my interest the entire length. I would like to read more from you.

ed1ed1over 19 years ago
Great Story

I can only say Great Job!!! I hope to read more from you>

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 19 years ago
mark it 100

This was a great story well written, should be enjoied by all.. I hope to read more stories like this from you

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
The Best I've Read Here

Most enjoyable. I look forward to future contributions.

CindysBobCindysBobover 19 years ago
nice job

excellent story. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well done!

A pleasant surprise amongst the smut (as much as I like good smut, too). Please, keep writing!

Thruster9Thruster9over 19 years ago
Terrific

Sure, I guessed that Brad had raped Gail and even expected her to return to the story, but I still managed to be repeatedly surprised by the resolutions of the plot lines. You could be a professional writer with this kind of plot line and development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Fantastic

All I can add is that I agree with all the compliments. Very well done.

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
WOW

That about puts it in one word.

Another great story - Presephone was another classic for this genre.

Too often we are presented with wimps, not men.

A nice length of story to really get to know some of thecharacters.

Very well done and thankyou for the obvious effort you put into this for my enjoyment.

I looked at your bio. It is very interesting that the writers with a good hold on what this genre is all about all seem to be 50+

Maybe, this is whence the readership who are past the 'jerk off' story stage also come?

I will be watching for your next story and for your ever thoughtful public comments on other stories.

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Good story

I liked how everything got resolved in the end.

Thanks!

wem3124wem3124over 19 years ago
Outstanding story! Outstanding writing!

I'm at an age (66) that few stories or movies can hold my interest -- unless they are outstanding. This one did! I couldn't stop reading! The only other writing that I can recall that held my interest like this one was Robert Waller's "The Bridges of Madison County". If you can follow this with a book length story of the same quality, I would expect to see your work on the New York Times Best Seller list. I sincerely hope that a publisher reads this story and contacts you. PUBLISHERS, YOU'D BETTER GRAB THIS WRITER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Quit Your Day Job

Excellent Work - Unless you write now for a living - give it some serious thought!!!!

My appreciation for your time and efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent Plot and Character Development

You did a great job of character development and had an interesting plot - complete with a twist at the end. Well done. You are certainly talented.

The only sugggestion I might have would be to edit your work a bit more judiciously. There were a couple of spots where the story might have flowed better. Still, it was significantly better than most of the fare here.

Keep writing. You are giving me and, I am sure, others a great deal of pleasure.

DGK

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Very Good

I didn't see a slut wife or wimp husband in sight. This submission was well worth the wait. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Top Quality character development & a great plot

Absolutely one of the most attention grabbing stories I've read in years! This one went straight to my top story file!

The characters are so well done that I could see knowing them myself, and the well written interactions held my attention all the way through to the ending.

I look foreward to reading many more of your stories!

Well done,

Kydreamer

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very Good, but....

Well out of the league of drek which passes for stories on here most of the time.

However, nothing ruins a good story more than poor editing. There are typos, missing words, etc. that any of Literotica's volunteer editors would have spotted immediately.

The weirdest one was Andrew suddenly turning Black. When did THAT happen? Did I miss something early on? You have the busy body neighbor talking about Glenda having an affair with a Black guy.

Might want to clarify that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Disappointed

the narrator's mind's so fleeting, he jumped from one scene, one moment, one seeming crisis, to the next, without ever saying anything succinct or conclusively,,,, then, as one other commentator said, all of a sudden, Andrew's Black,,,

the notion that a man's, "a best friend", is going to keep quiet --- not tell either the police or the husbands of raped victims and even though he has a life of his own --- that he'd just volunteer (made a pack with the raped wife of his friend, the hotshot lawyer) to be a "body guard" to her and Gail and other women friends who's been raped by Brad and others like him,,, this is one of the most idiotic premises ever conjured up,,,

but now that Brad, the old friend, had killed himself, with so much guilt over the evil things he'd done to these friends and associate of his --- that he's "loved" again as a dear friend by Andrew,,,, this is another most idiotic premise!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
LITEROTICA?

This was not an erotic story. THIS WAS A PIECE OF CRAP. It belongs in Readers Digest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well done!!

This is well-told story. The premise was little "out there" but I HAD to read it to the end to learn of the final surprises - and there were several. The lack of descriptive sex was of little matter and, I imagine, will be a source of disappointment for some, but who cares?

Keep up the good work.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
An exception Story.

Keep this writing up and I'll be reading just novels soon.

I thought it was an interesting, smooth story and I really enjoyed it.. I had little difficulty figuring that Gail was raped. Glenda's rape merely confirmed that. A girl might leave without telling the me but not without telling her girlfriend--unless something REALLY bad happened.

Andrew apparently made Brad an offer he couldn't refuse. Actually an ultimatum. A godfather.

The sex was great--just enough. There's no reason this site can't expand to include the great novels being written by it's authors..

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
An exception Story.

Keep this writing up and I'll be reading just novels soon.

I thought it was an interesting, smooth story and I really enjoyed it.. I had little difficulty figuring that Gail was raped. Glenda's rape merely confirmed that. A girl might leave without telling the men but not without telling her girlfriend--unless something REALLY bad happened.

Andrew apparently made Brad an offer he couldn't refuse. Actually an ultimatum. A godfather.

The sex was great--just enough. There's no reason this site can't expand to include the great novels being written by it's authors..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
a real story

Unlike many stories here this had all the elements of a real story- believeable plot, realistic charectors who developed over the story. One of the best stories. You could almost have done without the sex scenes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Interesting story.

I liked it but it was not in the least erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Enough with andrew's blackness

Some of the posts here just confirm that some people are just racist pigs. Who gives the fuck if andrew is black? Is it really that surprising that a black guy was a best friend with some white guy? The author left the word a black guy who always visiting just make it sound like some black guy is seducing white wife, just for fun i guess. But ultimately, it SHOULDNT MATTER AT ALL.

Nice story

Blue88Blue88almost 19 years ago
Remarkable

I would be remiss if I didn't express my admiration for the talent displayed by this author. The story was very well written with great plot development. I felt a bit of nostalgia for I was born and grew up in South Phila and I recognized the aura the writer was trying to impart.

This has to be one of the best stories on this site and I look forward eagerly for additional submissions.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Great story

I gotta say I loved it. This is the reason why I even come to Literotica anymore to be honest. I gotta say though I don't really think the readership for stories such as this come from those that are 50+. Then again it could just be me but I'm 22 and stories with this more effort and style, even the non-wimp loving wives stories that are long and drawn out are some of my favorite(like Ohio's House of Cards and a number of others).

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
What I meant is

I don't think the readership and fans of stories such of this come only from those that are 50+, nor are those the only age range that enjoy stories such as this. I'm sure there are those from a wide age range that enjoy work such as this and look for more then simply sex filled stories.

My comment wasn't meant as a backhand slap or to be offending. Guess I should have checked what I wrote before typing it. That and not type when it's so late at night.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
I had a thought

As I was reading this story a thought occurred to me. The premise of this story could make a good movie. I see it as a cross between Good Will Hunting and American Psycho.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Due to a Reread I Conclude It's Still Solid As A

Rock - Deserves a Kabillion KUDO's - thats one more than a whole lots of Great!!

One of the best ever here!

Thanks Author - With Very High Regard!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Yet again

I have just finished reading all of Salamis's stories and this is one of the best.For those who have not read them,you have missed some of the best stories on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Prisoner ? in Loving wives section ! whew

Could not justify the existence of this story in the Loving Wives section.

Also , am naive or dumb enough to not recognize the 'prison' part of it.

Other reads from the author are worthy , but I could not appreciate this one . Nice story , for the wrong audience !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Impressive Author

I didn't like the prior comment to be on top so----

Author - an exceptional story - so much so that I'm looking forward to your next one in the near future - hopefully.

Cmon, you have been cooking up a few that you just need to outline one as it's long overdue. If we were a library, that book would be worth kazillions - turn it out and in please.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fantastic plot, great character development

What a great read, could not stop reading once I got started. And I have to admit, I was 2/3rds way through the story before I really realized that Andrew was black, that's how unimportant that fact is to the plot & character development. Keep up the great work, you've inspired me!

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Superbly told

Richly-drawn characters, realistic plot and excellent writing. This is story-telling at its very best.

Thank you for a tale well-done.

--Alvaron

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WOW

amazing story. this could easily be made into a movie.

tigertonytigertonyover 17 years ago
story was entirely too long

it seemed like it dragged on, main character was not clearly outlined, you never got to know him, plus author waits til the end of the story to let us know in a single line that the main character is black. that didnt add anything to the story. could have been a really good story but as it is it was ok. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good effort

I recently re-read this story and had to respond to the last comment. The fact that we do not know that Andrew is black until the end of the story meant that it really was not that important. If the author mentioned that Michael had dark hair, most people would probably say ‘so what’. Therefore, why the rant on race?

The only person that mentions the race of Andrew is the ONLY person in the story who does not know him. Didn’t anyone find that odd? I think the author gave it away long before that though, maybe even at the beginning.

For example, did his race have a part in the fight where the friends meet? Were Brad’s dates for Andrew surprised because he was black? Did Glenda’s father react poorly with Andrew because of his race? I wondered about all of these situations later once I understood Andrew was black. I think the author baited us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
LOVED IT

Oh wow. I totally agree with the previous statement this could be made into a movie. Even if that doesn't happen, you have a wonderful gift. Thanks!

ReduxBlueReduxBluealmost 17 years ago
Fine storytelling!

Salamis, this was an excellently drawn tale. The backstory was sound and consistent. The characters while fleshed well for a short story, were real and likable. I could infer what the conversation with Brad was, but would have liked to have 'heard' it. The fact of the main character being black wasn't relevant, it almost seemed added on. It just didn't matter, and if that was your intent, you certainly achieved it. You had lots of minor subplots twined around your central thread, and they all seemed to work and support each other. The bit with Denise bothered me, and would have liked to have seen some sort of requital. Thanks for sharing a marvelous tale!

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Excellent

Very good story telling. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

shangoshangoalmost 17 years ago
Best story on Literotica

I agree with a previous poster: This could be a movie. And to the poster who did not "get" the Prisoner reference, Andrew was describing how he felt about not being able to call the Police, or even go after Brad.

Write On!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WOW

storytelling at its best. just WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
It is an excellent story

And I loved the twists and turns but... isn't there always one of those. The dialogue was a bit stilted. You don't use contractions at all and most people don't talk without using them. It didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story line though.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Blah!

Long, lame, and bland. A plodding narrative that left me disappointed and oddly unfulfilled.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
What an ending!

There's not a lot of sex but I loved it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
GREAT STORY, Salamis.

Please continue to entertain us. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
well done

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, but i dont believe literotica is the right place for it. It is hardly an erotic story, except for the occasional meeting. I think that you have a talent which you should extend to broader horizons, very well done.

M-S

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Excellent Story

It is a shame that this first class author is no longer giving us interesting stories. He put together a fascinating psychological drama here. Basically with hindsight it is a desceptively simple story, but---

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
It would have improved the ending if

our hero had slit Brads wrists himself and then talked with him as he bled to death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
very good

fitting end to a rapist. to bad they hadn't done this sooner.

grogers7grogers7about 14 years ago
second reading

...and it is better. Excellent story.

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Well-written despite character flaws

The obvious weakness in both Glenda and Andrew, the non-reporting of the rape by both and Andrew's failure to insist, were of course essential to your plot. In real lift Bradley would undoubtedly have committed more rapes, adding to their ultimate guilt.

One other unaddressed issue was the fact that Andrew, unwittingly allowed Gail's rape to take place or continue. Once he knew the truth there should have been some angst there, in my opinion.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
After reading a page and a half of the crap about an insane person,

I stopped reading and gave it a 1.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Great story

This is my 2nd read too. You could write movie scripts.

What is up with some of you commenters? Loving Wives stories are not all erotic. Look Erotic stories if that is what you are looking for. There are Interracial. Sci-Fi, Fetish etc.

Our great imbecile DWornack graces us with another 1... What a jerk!

pa47epa47eover 12 years ago
Great Story.................

One of the best told stories I have ever read on Literotica...Time to give up that day job.........well done Sir, and good luck..............

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
third time reading this story

Well done, thank you for this wonderful read.

mat1014mat1014about 12 years ago
Jesus H. Roosevelt!!!

That was a GREAT story and you Sir, are one Helluva damned fine writer! Thank you for a wonderful piece of writing.

bobby9909bobby9909about 12 years ago
It's easy to see

why this is one of the top Loving Wives stories of all times. Number 59 with a current score of 4.71. I wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Thank you, Salamis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
thank you . . .

. . . for this. LW stories tend to fit into one of several plots. This one is excellent and unique.

MadBrownMadBrownover 11 years ago
WONDERFUL

I can only repeat all the praise from the previous five comments. I sincerely hope my vote of 5 stars will raise the 4.71 a notch or two. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
My second read.

And just as good if not better. You are a good writer. I like the way you say a lot using few words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A FIVE

Just discovered your story and I love it. I look forward to reading others so please keep writing for us.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
A truly good story

Essentially good people who had major flaws just like the rest of us -

Except Brad of course who was a truly flawed human being with the smallest of redeemable characters - recover his honor hardly - avoid retribution in this world and prevent anyone else from being a victim - OK I will give him that much -

Well done - thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WTF!

7 fucking pages you rambled on and on, and you didn't even explain shit. Why the fuck did he kill himself and why the fuck was Andrew there cuddling with him while he was fucking dying?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Author

Everyone is flawed to some degree and self-deceiving about those flaws. Life is messy & people rarely reveal their true nature to others. Too many stories on this site have a god-like narrator who reveals every detail the author imagined before writing the story. This author does not, instead letting us discover small details though meaningful encounters. This is good writing, because it follows how we learn in real life.

Some readers wanted Brad to pay through public humiliation or some form of direct retribution. I'm glad that the author did not choose this standard formula too common on this site. Had Brad be dragged into court, more than likely the women would have been victimized again with little punishment given to the rapist. The author's solution was a good one. A friend acting as a confessor and Brad finding a way to atone for his crimes (at least according to his moral code-of-the-street).

A great story. I'm just sad that this writer is no longer active here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Really enjoyed the story. Its funny how we can be close friends with others and never know about their personal demons. I thought the entire premise was handled very well. A Five from me!

DjshengDjshengover 10 years ago
I don't know about the ending

Ending was a little unclear. I feel you should have elaborated on his last potential victim. Also why he was there with brad in the end. And if he wanted honor he should have killed himself the way Japanese do I think it's called seppuken or something I'm not sure but it seems really cool.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very well done

I.ve read all your stories & have greatly enjoyed them; it's a pity more authors on this site aren't as insightful as you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awesome story!

The ending, as others have suggested, could have been a little more fleshed out. But I enjoyed it immensely. Five stars from me.

Andrew was a much stronger man than I am. If I had a friend such as Brad that did something like that to a loved one of mine, he would quietly disappear. Humanity doesn't need animals such as Brad, in its DNA.

S-DesS-Desalmost 10 years ago
Well done.....

I've never gotten around to reading this story although I've seen it many times over the years. I'm glad I finally got the chance. It was an interesting perspective on friendship and victims of crimes. I didn't really pay much attention to the erotic portions because honestly the story was far more interesting to me.

I thought his confession at the end about being with Brad at his death (and his forgiving him) was very thought-provoking. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone there as a writer, but was an unique point-of-view to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great story line

Story is great.it would have been better if it was longer and more dialogues and conversations and not just narration.then we would be able to visualize each incident and it would have had a more emotional effect on the reader.

Anyway,story is awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
my 2 Cents

An interesting well written story. However for an LW story it had a number of flaws:

1. She had breast cancer and never got around to telling her soulmate????

2. She goes to a convention then disappears again not telling her hubby, what if one of her kids was in an accident she couldn't be found or reached.

3. She doesn't tell her hubby that her best friend is gay.

She provides no excuse for any of these failures - clearly she has trust issues and cannot communicate with her husband regarding important issues, this despite her apparent abilities to take on everyone else's' problems.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Rapist

Wow ,they let a known rapist run free to rape as he chose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thought Provoking

This is a great story on so many levels. Once I started reading I just couldn't stop.

Ok... there are holes, but it's a story that needs a good editor and perhaps some advice... these are freely used by 'professional' authors simply to get the holes filled and a critical perspective. The story could easily be fleshed out to become a novel and a movie could also be envisioned.

I will now read all of this authors stories and hopefully lend some encouragement to more being offered.

PC

Danger09Danger09over 9 years ago
Da fuck?

I still don't understand why Andrew didn't simply turn the rapist in? How can they even go to his funeral? This story is just pure fuckery. ..

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
go to....

Go to his funeral? NO!

Piss on his grave? Maybe.

Firstly, he's a rapist.

Second, he hurt people that the viewpoint character cared about or loved.

Yes, I get that they go back to early childhood and saved him from trouble.

I'm pretty sure most serial rapists had childhood friends, that does not make them less heinous but more.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Thank you Salamis!!

Five stars. I wish you still wrote stories for Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To All The Haters

It's just a story, and a good one at that!

Bd4554Bd4554about 9 years ago
Outstanding story

Simply a superb effort, as good as anything on the website.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Slick rendition of an unusual story.

The flow of ideas that kept the story interesting was well thought out and quite possible in real life situations. The author had good control over his storyline and showed his writing skills beyond expectations. Only sore point to consider is the lacking in editing and proof reading which allowed minor misspellings and typo errors to appear at fairly high frequency. Otherwise, 5 star performance.

LimchenghoeLimchenghoealmost 9 years ago
Just for clarification..

Michael's neighbor described Andrew as "a black man". Is he African American or Hispanic. I was not aware of his ral ethnic root other than white all the time.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

well developed and written. It lacked the thrill I first experienced. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

what a bunch of fucking idiots. i hated every single character of this crappy story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Agree. I quit midway. Every character is a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5 to offset the POS

annony. This fool hates everything. We all feel sorry for you dear annony you old ugly fat lonely fag. The STD you have from your wife fucking the fleet have gone to your brain!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

annony. This fool hates everything. We all feel sorry for you dear annony you old ugly fat lonely fag. The STD you have from your wife fucking the fleet have gone to your brain!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I almost didn't read this story because Bonnie liked it, if in fact he/she read it. But I did read it, and frankly it's great. The other anonys that shot it down either didn't read it or they have absolutely no taste.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SO VERY NICELY DONE

Really enjoyed your writing style in this one.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

Yes, he was way too clueless, to the point that it felt pretty contrived.

complexhobagcomplexhobagabout 7 years ago
Boring

The story dragged on for too long, and it was just about him lying to his best friend. I just didn't like it. Main character was boring and he spent the most of the story not doing anything, but hanging out with his friends wife. I would not be cool with my friend spending so much time with my wife, and I don't think most men would.

SensateSensatealmost 7 years ago
Great Story

Good character development, great plot. Enjoyed it all they way through. 5*'s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It

Muddled through. The guy was a bit too clueless for me to buy into but it was still over all engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It

Muddled through. The guy was a bit too clueless for me to buy into but it was still over all engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It

Muddled through. The guy was a bit too clueless for me to buy into but it was still over all engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It

Muddled through. The guy was a bit too clueless for me to buy into but it was still over all engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It

Muddled through. The guy was a bit too clueless for me to buy into but it was still over all engaging.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous