All Comments on 'The Promise'

by NaughtyWriter69

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHAT DO CHAIRS MEAN

depending on where they are placed at the table. TK U MLJ LV NV

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 9 years ago
Interesting start

I have a couple of nits to pick: "second chair" is SO Ally McBeal. I was in and out of courts for more than thirty years, and never heard the term used; "spear carrier" was usual if the lawyers were doing personal injury. Criminal - assistant seemed to work.

And is she going to try the case with a day's notice? Nonsense. If she is to respond to a discovery matter, maybe. I realize fiction requires compression of time.

This was a very good start, and I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sol far so good

Part 2 please

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great beginning

A murder mystery, with a hint of possible porn. Lovely. Can't wait for part 2!!!!

NaughtyWriter69NaughtyWriter69over 9 years agoAuthor
tazz317

Thanks for reading my story and sharing your thoughts. It's appreciated :)

NaughtyWriter69NaughtyWriter69over 9 years agoAuthor
H.H.Morant

Thanks so much for reading my story. I so appreciate it. You've made some good points that I hadn't thought about and I'll make sure to add that to my list of my edits. :)

NaughtyWriter69NaughtyWriter69over 9 years agoAuthor
Anonymous x2

Thanks! I'm working on it as we speak. I hope to have it posted by next week :) I can't wait to get your feedback.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Good start

I love a tale that has a strong storyline and this fits the bill nicely.

While I eagerly await the next chapter please don't fall into the trap of rushing it out so you can appease your readers. Take your time and continue to get it right. It will be well worth the extra effort.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Paranoia is your friend...

....Sometimes your only friend. Pay attention!

If I was Rebecca, my first presumption (which you did cover) is that I was being set up.

The Brody character is an obvious 'Chekhov's Gun' but he could also serve as a 'Redshirt' pawn?

If Rebecca feels that the DA's office is compromised, she needs to contact either the DOJ/FBI or the State Police. Most likely the meeting between Rebecca and Mr. Spinelli Senior was monitored and recorded.

She should consider the possibility that the Spinelli's were cutting a deal under the table with someone senior in the DA's office, using Brody as their go-between.

Setting up Rebecca to be the scapegoat.

When she has to cross that bridge and deal with the trolls, a reminder that goats have pointed horns and sharp hoofs and the 'Gruff" temperament to match.

NaughtyWriter69NaughtyWriter69over 9 years agoAuthor
Masterfuljim

Thanks Masterfuljim!

I'm very picky about what I write but I promise it will be worth the wait! :)

NaughtyWriter69NaughtyWriter69over 9 years agoAuthor
fanfare

Hi fanfare!

Thanks for reading and for the creative ideas! I have a surprise coming about Brody very, very, VERY soon. Stay tuned!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous