The Reading

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um... Thanks," Baffled, his eyes fixed her briefly, and seeing absolutely no change in her expression, no knowing wink or suggestive smile, he made haste to go, unsure of what had just occurred, but more convinced that it had only occurred in the overheated and exaggerated stage of his mind.

Hurrying out of the tent, not noticing Nathaniel's wave as he went out into the bright summer sunshine. The vague fog he had been shrouded in immediately lifted in the presence of the hot August afternoon. His stomach rumbled covetously as he spied a vendor selling Italian sausages.

Joey and Kirk were still wasting their money at the same set up of games where he had left them, and the air still weighed down on all with an oppressive humidity. Indulging in an extravagant stretch to try and clear his thoughts, he strode up to his friends, watching as Kirk attempted to win an immense teddy bear for his girl back home. Feeling a bit of resistance in the way his shirt settled, he ran a hand over his left shirt pocket. His fingertips brushed over the glossy surface of a folded, laminated and oversized card.

12