All Comments on 'The Rehab'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 1,171 Comments
strawboystrawboyabout 10 hours ago

Thank you for this. With a better prognosis I am in much the same fight.

Btrying2Btrying22 days ago

Not sure how many times I’ve read this wonderful heart tugging story. Never gets old. The emotions are always intense. Great story! Thanks for sharing your talents. John.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246016 days ago

Nice romance. They don’t all have to have happy endings.

1st person narratives from characters who die are problematic. Was the story written by a ghost?

DessertmanDessertman24 days ago

Thank you for the lovely, loving story. Of the many excellent stories here this is up there with the very best of them. This the first of yours I have read, but it won't be the last.

My younger brother died from brain cancer three years ago aged 73. Fortunately he was not in pain, he gently slipped away at home surrounded by family. He and his wife had been married for 50 years.

ChuckyLaFongChuckyLaFong24 days ago

I'm speechless. Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Poignant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This won brought the tears. I would have given it a ten!

Well written. Author took their time and did not rush thru the story as so many do. I liked this one as well as Laura's vineyard that was one of my favorites.

THIS should be in print as a book to be read by many!

EegletechEegletechabout 2 months ago

I hate you for making me cry, it's one of if not the best tale of love that I have ever read, my wife has blood clot and I live in fear for her life so I can relate somewhat. Keep up the writing

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 months ago

Wow! I’m not crying, you’re crying. Bravo. You saved the best for last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Damnit. These allergies are killing me.

Great read. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Absolutely superb. Very well written and powerful.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Damn! What a story! 50 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

An incredible story, an emotional story of love - cut short. Thank you 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think I have read this story 6 times now and it leaves me in tears each time. I wonder if the writer has ever thought of turning this into a screenplay? It would make a helluva Romantic movie.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful!

BabalooieBabalooie3 months ago

BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN>

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sweet!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Occasionally, I read a story that needs more stars to properly rate it. This story is one of THOSE!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang19554 months ago

I am a happy ending kind of guy. I have read this twice and thinking about a third.

ZephyrwhirlZephyrwhirl4 months ago

As a reader, I so wanted to stop reading this, given the known outcome. I toughed it out though. Had some form of hay fever while reading the ending.

Fabulous story

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

You asshole. You made me cry like a baby.

This was absolutely amazing and so beautiful. I want to thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I worked in renovation and especially tile. It’s hard to convince someone you stat from the middle or a third the way in on tile, carefully starting to be sure 1/3 of a tile to half a tile on each wall. Otherwise you have slivers going to a point.

And this story makes my eyeballs sweat , I will leave my wife before I want we both know it but she won’t acknowledge it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For me, this and one of Black Randi's stand out among some very good stories. I could nit pick, but nah!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have never shed a tear in maybe 22 years. But this story, especially the last 2 pages, had me in tears, flowing freely. One of the most emotional, very sad stories that I have ever read. DreamCloud, you are a master storyteller. 500 stars!!

RuttweilerRuttweiler4 months ago
Brilliant work

This is what real, emotionally intelligent writing looks like. It breaks my heart every time I read it.

Gadf77Gadf775 months ago

Quite emotional story. I was sad about the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dammit. This made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have read and loved this story for years. It never gets old and always manages to make me a soggy snot covered mess and yet I find it so incredible that I continue to enjoy reading it. The strange part is I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer recently and I had no emotional response when the doctor told me and yet I still cry long, hard, and loudly for this story. I don’t understand it but it does make me grateful that I have been able to read and enjoy this heartbreaking story many many times. Thank you for giving me this gift.

Phobos

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Agree with the other Anonymous:

Immediately after Todd talked to her about hypothetical kids, Lucia would have gone off birth control (eg remove IUD) to at least try to get pregnant.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Even after several readings, it still means so much and brings tears! Excellent story, thank you very, very much!

sg1010sg10105 months ago

Unfortunately, my limited vocabulary cannot provide the necessary praise for You

and this creation !

THANK YOU !

SG

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One more thing. It's a shame that a pregnancy wasn't written into the story, so Lucia would have a very physical part of Todd ongoing. And, of course that Todd and Sophia never met. But the story remains perfect as written.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No other story has caused the waterworks this one has. Continual emotions throughout. Again, Five stars.

JPB

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Absolutely superb. Really stirred my emotions . 5* is ridiculously undervalued. Thank you, again.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap6 months ago

Wow - I have no words !

Blurry 5/5 stars !

patilliepatillie6 months ago

5 a second time. What a great writer you are. Very interested to see your new stuff on Amazon.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

wish 4 nr above 5

Im a wreak

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I am surprised that Lucia did not become and expectant mother. That way she would have a part of his legacy with her for years to come. Also Lucia could have kept the one room unfinished in reembrace of him. Painted as it was but in new paint. In ten years time she could finish the room as on his anniversary of the day he died.

When Lucia is alone she goes around the house braless in his memory. She also kept her painting clothes in a special draw wrapped up with his. Always together for as long as they may last.

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray19286 months ago

One of the most human storie I have ever read. I will not re-read, hurts too much.

Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Heart touching and very well written story. Touches the heart. It does has both the sad sn happy endings which makes it heart warming to read and feel. Good work.

stewartbstewartb6 months ago

There are many journeys in life ... some start with pain and as this one end with love. For this all we need do is to pick our true path.

bostontomtbostontomt6 months ago

Absolutely beautiful. Totally heartwarming, sad and joyfully beautiful. Thank you for opening your heart to us.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stupid! Why could the daughter not be part of the short journey?!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You break me every time I read this story.

KaeyoKaeyo7 months ago

This is one of those stories where if I am feeling down, I read it. It never fails to lift my spirits.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Amazing story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

well, he is still writing, google mdpotter55

J6480J64807 months ago

Brilliant. I tough subject handled with dignity and class

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terrible waste that you stopped writing. Thanks though. Loved the story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

good thing i'm not writing this comment on paper ,even an old pretty much non romantic guy like me can shed a few tears . we all hope that somehow we made a difference or made the world or at least our part of it a little better for the time we spent here . i've been around people who have lived with terminal cancer of different kinds,lost several family members and have no idea how you can cope knowing today might be all you have left .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For some reason, I shed more tears this time through than I can recall during the two previous readings. Five Stars.

JPB

Sumnut96Sumnut968 months ago

A beautiful and tragic tale. Gee, thanks for making an old man cry. 5 stars. DMW aka

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

I have no idea who the author of this story is, however you made cry. I love and hate this story in equal measure. I love it because it feels so real, so alive and so full of love. I hate it because the reality of life got in the way. This is a beautiful story. The end inevitable and heart breaking but it is a beautiful story.

Redneck_390Redneck_3908 months ago

Wow, what an amazingly moving story 👏

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a story. It takes hold of your heart and soul and at the same time rips them out and lifts them up. A wonderful tale of love and loss. Thank you for sharing with us this brilliant wonderful heart-rending tale. This really should be a movie. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Damn. Outstanding work. Have to admit this jumped to my top 10 list.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Five star because ten isnt a option .. tears ... ... To start 20 amp lol ? A 6hp gas generaror puts out more

KnightofmindKnightofmind8 months ago

Wow. Not since Your Lie in April has a story so quickly turned on the waterworks for me! Dude. I'm vah-klempt!

SeaChangerSeaChanger8 months ago

Best author I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautiful and heartbreaking! As a cancer survivor myself I can really relate to Todd’s way of coping with the situation. Though mine was not lethal - obviously - so I didn’t have to put my plans into action. But before I knew those plans were made.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, great writing. Brought tears to my eyes. Best I've ever read! Keep up the good work! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brilliant and inspiring storytelling.

01Timber6701Timber678 months ago

OMG ,, who kept cutting all of those onions during the end of this story ,,, amazing writing and the characters were great,,, loved mama and how she knew what he was talking about to help her daughter and granddaughter out when he was gone,,, the end when she called him dad and looked up was awesome,, Lucia grew to love him so much

5⭐️

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141598 months ago

This was so affecting. Thank you.

Xavier3737Xavier37379 months ago

This is still one of the best stories I've ever read, AGAIN !!!! And like so many others, I seem to get some kind of irritation in my eyes towards the end...

HelgamiteHelgamite9 months ago

Fuck!! Tears galore coming out of me for this story!! Hits hard since my own grandfather passed of cancer.

Love how you made this a romance to be loved. Great story DreamCloud

SoleSurvivor1969SoleSurvivor19699 months ago

Still a favorite story.

Thank you.

UwantwatUwantwat9 months ago

A truly poignant and loving story with the tears it causes. Thank you for taking us along with you.

wilson711wilson7119 months ago

Literotica stories should not result in several pages of tears! ;-( This is one of the best romance stories I've ever read. Nicholas Sparks' novels can't hold a candle to DreamCloud. thank you for this tremendous story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

These are the best characters I've ever encountered. I actually got tears in my eyes at the end. I _never_ do that. But the beauty of their realtionship totally swept me off my feet. I hope you can live off your writing. Handsomely.

RichardmilnerRichardmilner9 months ago

Well written, a excellent story.

AWriterGuyAWriterGuy9 months ago

Man, I really need to stop chopping onions while reading...

Seriously, excellent writing. I really enjoyed the characters having flaws and not being able to fully overcome them. The ending was perfectly fitting. This was a well thought out and written story.

Memesv6969Memesv69699 months ago

I despise this story, it's currently 4 o'clock in the morning and I have tears streaming down my eyes, this story is so amazing 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

We are so so misty with over flowing tears, touched hearts and your words that have warmed our very souls with love!

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story of romance and true love.

Sam37Sam379 months ago

This story should be made into a movie. Seriously.

Even on repeated readings it’s a tear jerker. The characters were so well developed and relatable.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, I think this is the third of your stories that I have read, and they have all been so very good and so very different. I figured out pretty early where you were going, and it was such sweet sorrow to read it playing out. Imagine Dragons’ “Wreck” is playing in my mind now.

(You write good protagonists, but you really shine in how you write your lead women!)

montanaboy12montanaboy1210 months ago

Wow. That was amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

this absolutely broke me

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow! What a story! A pleasant Nostalgia kicked in when I read this. This reminded me of all the great stories I read on literotica more than 8 years ago. It was great revisiting this beautiful website. Thank you DreamCloud wherever you are 🙏

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Incredibly well written romance, just a bit disappointed that Lucia wasn't able to conceive.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Omg....best I have ever read. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5th or 6th read through, still tears 5 stars well frickin earned.

IbeSteveIbeSteve10 months ago

This is my 3rd time reading this wonderful story and I still shed tears at times. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Man this is absolutely terrible! Retired factory workers are not supposed to be crying in the middle of the afternoon.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A masterfully crafted tear jerker of a realistic tale. My main regret in the story is that hever met Sofia. Five well earned stars. I have read the story a couple times before, with the same results: awe and tears.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Honestly, the descriptions of the food made me salivate more than the bedroom scenes.

And its impossible to to shed tears.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

I've read this before and probably commented but here I go again. This one hits hard, right in the feels, as they say. It's an exceptional piece of writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Outstanding!!! I really enjoyed this story!!!

Keep up the writing

Laurentius0150Laurentius015011 months ago

There are several good stories on this sight and many stinkers. This is by far one of the best and will go in my 'Special Story File.'

Thank, DreamCloud where ever you may be!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I think this deserves to be published.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

outstanding!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

i came to jack off, now im crying.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars just isn’t enough. Great read

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As I tried to compose this "comment" I realized that there are no words to describe it: I hope my tears are adequate tribute. Thank you.

ca_daveca_dave11 months ago

I do not know why I come back to reread this story. I can barely see the screen through my tears. Wait I reread it because it is a nearly perfect story. Yes it has a sad part, but the ending is so positive, and Mama's words are oh so true. Thank you for sharing this with us all. 5* but this truly deserves many, many more.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A brilliantly told, and utterly beautiful masterpiece. Thank you for this.

MountainMan1336MountainMan133611 months ago

I am sorry I could only give this story 5 stars, I think 10 stars would have been better. I absolutely loved this story. I just wished they could have had more time together. We all have to face our deaths at some point, Todd faced his death with pride and dignity. He was lucky as he had a beautiful loving women by his side when death came for him. We all should be so fortunate.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh my god I absolutely loved this story don’t care what others think but was in total tears by the end of it. So emotional and such a fantastic read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous