All Comments on 'The Relationship Business'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Didn't really give it a chance

Sorry, but I gave up after about half of a page. Too many characters introduced too quickly, and was having too much trouble trying to remember/discern whether Val, Haley, etc were male or female.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Shame the other reader didn't give it a chance because this story was amazing! I liked the characters and their interactions, and how they all were trying to get Val and Halley together.

donaldedonaldeabout 13 years ago
excellent story

it was an excellent story anonymous should really reread it and go all the way this time it was well worth a good read thank you so much for posting it another great story from you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Once again........

Once again you have nailed it. I loved it. Thanks..........

Janice1939Janice1939about 13 years ago
The Characters

The story is mostly romance only with so many different players their differences should have come out more. The reader should understand all the characters and never have to wonder who is who! The Idea is great only the majority of the women act like spoiled males. Most of my female friends would be enraged by their behavior.

L.O.L Janice

Phxray54Phxray54about 13 years ago
You've done it again...

Weave the story, finish it and leave us to wonder about their future. Thank you for sharing your fine talent with us. Best of luck in the contest.

And no icing penalties....just lots and lots of snow. Must be time to cuddle.

Southern_BreezeSouthern_Breezeabout 13 years ago
Question

Now that Don (Donner) has married Jeanette and Val (Cupid) has made peace with Halley (Comet). Who will Mr. K (Santa) pick to help the Easter Bunny???

I love your lighthearted holiday series. Too bad some of the other readers can’t put it together.

Mim41Mim41about 13 years ago
stand alone???

A good story...not as enjoyable as yours normally are.

I think in part this was because it really isn't a stand alone story. I've read so many stories since the prequel that I didn't 'get it'. Didn't know what the office was or what the 'relationship business' office was until the very end and hence the 'joke'. Now that I remember I still know there are other 'jokes' there that I'm just not getting. This hampered enjoying the story.

I hate over explanation or repetition but a little description would have helped to understand the whole especially introducing the relationship characters and job roles...still non the wiser.

On another note, Halley was remembering back to the loft. No one [ok, well I don't] remembers chronologically but rather the main points and sensations. This section was too big and disrupted the flow of the story.

I always look forward to reading your new work and I get a feeling this was rushed. This story has a lot of underlying things hinted at that would make sense fleshed out but just don't jell in this.

I look forward to your future inspirations.

Mim

estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
Very Cute

and the symbolism worked well. But it was a very busy story, and at times hard to follow. Melding Greek mythology with Clement Clark Moore was ambitious and original, and it did work out in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Fun!

I always enjoy reading your stories. I went back and scanned Unexpected Gifts just to remind myself of those characters and how they met before reading this one. I found this a delightful read, and working for a software vendor, especially liked the line "this program gives a whole new meaning to relational databases." LOL!!

Keep writing and posting. Thanks for sharing.

MugsyBMugsyBabout 13 years ago
Most enjoyable.

It was a fun, light-hearted story, just what Valentine's romance should be. There weren't too many characters to follow, so it's too bad if other readers don't give this one a chance.

A fine effort, PL, and I wish you all the best in the contest. ;)

lostchickenlostchickenabout 13 years ago
*****

I loved this - it was cute, hot, sexy and brilliant all rolled into one. I love the little twist at the end.

shifter91shifter91about 13 years ago

very cute!! and so glad you did a story about those two - I wanted to know more since the original story :)

EesomeBeastieEesomeBeastieabout 13 years ago

A great feel-good romance, with the added bonus of the hot bits. I really enjoyed reading it. The only problem was that it wasn't as stand-alone as you suggest - without the background of the previous story (which I haven't read) I was left wondering what these characters are. Are they supernatural or are they mortals working as civil servants for the fates, or what?

evanslilyevanslilyabout 13 years ago
Sorry it's taken so long for me to come by and vote!

I really enjoyed this - thank you for pushing on with it and getting it finished! It was a really sweet and unique story (though I'm not sure I entirely buy that Halley would be satisfied with Val's explanation about the roll in the hay... ;-) Good luck in the contest, hun x x

JazCullenJazCullenabout 13 years ago
Delightful!

As always PL another delightful tale from your keyboard. This was so refreshing, the characters lovable, the whole feel of the story heartwarming.

Glad these two talk and made up. Loved it! :-)

CarelessLoveCarelessLoveabout 13 years ago
Sweet.

I really liked this and the characters are wonderful. You did an excellent job.Good luck in the contest.^_^

bulltlrbulltlrabout 13 years ago
Catching up on some much needed reading....

This story was great and the little twist at the end superb!

DG HearDG Hearabout 13 years ago
Always a good read!

Boy this was a long one, but a great read. I always expect the best from you and am never disappointed. I wish you the very best.

With very high respect

DG Hear

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 13 years ago
Another excellent read!

I found this sequel quite entertaining, well written with interesting characters. Kudos to the Author(ess).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lem and Mel as character names? Dash and Blix? Really?

Otherwise, an entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I hope you write another story with cast of characters. Purhaps Blix and Tina could get together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what a very strange story

most of it just didn't make sense at all....got totally lost after page 2.......seems a lot of nonsense went on and lead nowhere.....very confusing story...but in the end the two of them made it up...I suppose it shows you how we can jump to the wrong conclusion when we see something happen and make it in to something totally different to what the actual truth is.....the thing is to give people the chance to explain and set things right before going off in a huff and thinking it was something else.....

James7594James7594almost 7 years ago
What about Mel?

Shouldn't there have been something said about him? Or shouldn't there have been a bit more of a chat? The reconciliation was very abrupt! Good writing but you really need to work out the plot or write a sequel to clear up the doubts...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Interesting

Could have used some clarification on what the characters really were but I enjoyed it overall.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

A wonderfully light and cheery tale! Couldn’t help it… I pictured them all as little elves.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
1733 Followers
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

story TAGS