All Comments on 'The Reluctant Journey Ch. 10'

by Darlin92

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago
Yeah!!!

Its Posted!!!!

cassieccassiecover 10 years ago
OMG!!!

I did not see this coming!!! 4 pages had never seemed shorter!! Please hurry with the next chapter. It's getting so good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
write faster please!

amazing! so excited for the next chapter.

WhatdidJanetdoWhatdidJanetdoover 10 years ago
Oh my goodness me!!

What are you doing to us and more importantly, to Malia!! What a fantastic twist but the wait for the next chapter will be too painful. Absolutely incredible story. Keep it up. Thanks.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 10 years ago
I was so glad

I was so glad to see this posted. I was also so glad to see that Cain truly loves Malia. It shocked me completely to see Malia get kidnapped. I am thinking it had something to do with Milly. Hmmmm. I can't wait to see Cain's true reaction. Someone or a few someones are going to be left in serious pain. Yay. I send you many thanks for sticking through this Darlin and send you many good wishes, vibes, quick fingers, an even quicker mind, and a virtual chocolate cake to thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yay!

I haven't read it yet but am happy to see it :)

Literoticareader99Literoticareader99over 10 years ago
A great Chapter but....

Malia being kidnaped? Great idea! It gives Cain a chance to rescue her and redeem himself in everyone's eyes (especially his own). Really great story with a few spelling errors; the kinds that the spell checker would miss but the grammar checker should catch ("her" instead of "here", "with" instead of "wit"). I know you said this took you a long time and it was a long wait, but slow down and re-read your work before publishing. Those small mistakes mar what is otherwise an incredible story (one of the best I've read), and the difference between 4 stars and 5. I'd rather wait longer for a more polished product.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 10 years ago
I tried to give you 5 stars

For some reason, the stars won't click, but know that it's a 5 star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful

My heart was hurting with Malia when Cain in the room about the same!!! OMG. The character dynamics that are going on are well done. This was well worth the wait!

MaynessMaynessover 10 years ago

Really good chapter, I liked how you dealt with Cains confused feelings and Malias strength and intelligence came through well. I was waiting for Vincent to reappear at the request of the Units leader but not quite so dramatically! How did he get in? Hmmmm. I only hope Cain finds her in time and maybe he will finally find himself somewhere along the way. I would love a scene where Tristan and Gwen finally get it together ;). M.

redyellowgoredyellowgoover 10 years ago
its about time...

I figured that Gwen was going to have to make the first move. If things don't move along, of course now there will be a slight break, I hope Gwen strips down and just waits on Tristan's turn down bed.

I wonder if anyone realizes that Malia has been taken and not just off taking time away from Cain.

EWWW Vincent gross!!! Forget Cain not wanting to touch her again, after Vicent I would not want to touch myself! EWWW!!! Okay, so, is it Milly or Denz (sp)??? Or both? Vincent has the brawn and drive to do this but certainly not the brain! But he should know the lay out which would help Denz. And Milly, would need the brawn. Fine, ugh, I have to wait to find out. This story is killing me. I thought some thing light, maybe a twist or two, but a HEA. What the hell, I'm hanging on to a major cliff hanger!

Of course I want you to get the next chapter out quickly, I do every time but I would not push you or tell you to go faster. OMG woman faster, faster, faster!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
gtrat

I Miss this story feel like it has been forever.....I really hope she dosent get rape and shes saved on time, plz let Caín get their on time before anything bad happens....

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago
ughh

I hate you right now lol... I'm happy for Tristan and Gwen but I can't believe the cliff you left me hanging on

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome!!

Gwen and Tristan!! Cain loves Malia!! No kidding! ;-) Just LOVED this chapter. Cain getting sick over his feelings for her was just great. And I loved his nightmare about her with the blonde man. LOL!! Now he just has to find her and save her from that nasty Vincent. PLEASE do not let him have his way with her. That would make me sick and I don't think Malia would be able to get over it. OMG, please post another chapter soon! 5 stars. :-) ~K.

inspector123inspector123over 10 years ago
Well worth the wait ....

I think this was your best chapter. Cain's is a very complex character and yet you are developing him beautifully. Is he the competent General or is he the drunk and druggies that caused his brother's accident as his mother claimed? You are also handling Malia's turmoils as she realizes she is falling in love with her kidnapper. It feel like you are wrapping things up since you are giving Tristan a love interest. I feel sad. :-) I agree with Mayness. It was the unit leader behind Malia's kidnapping or may be they are conspiring together. I don't think the unit leader would have the resources to pull this off by himself. Five stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Don't make us wait

Please don't make us wait so long. I had to go back and reread the last page of previous chapter to refresh my memory. I hope her dad and Cain work together to find her so her dad can see how much Cain loves her. I don't think words would be enough to make dad forgive. Love it - and want more soon please :-)

LessGoLessGoover 10 years ago
Oh.

I am SO invested in this story, these characters. I love it all so much! Well done yet again!

There were those tiny few errors but seriously, if someone was actually thinking of taking away a star for that, they are crazy. The quality of story, writing style, character and plot development by far earn their own five stars and the minor errors only slightly mar the story. I, for one, would rather have the two or three misspells than wait another second for this fabulous story. Well done.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 10 years ago
Aaaaahhhh! Write quickly!

No seriously... stop reading comments. Go and write!

What a delicious chapter. What emotional growth, what progress and what a cliffhanger!

I cannot wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I think I speak for everyone when I say get the next chapter out ASAP! I can't wait!

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
I love you guys :)

Your lovely comments warm my hear and inflate my ego. There seems to be an urgent desire for me to write this next chapter. You mean you guys don't like where I left it? Must be that sadistic streak reappearing again. Well I wont promise you that there will be a short wait, but I will try my hardest. The next chapter may be shorter, maybe not, I still have to decide on that. I'm glad it was well received. Here I thought everyone would see it coming. Malia being re-kidnapped was one of the original plans I had for the story, so I'm glad you guys liked it and were semi-surprised.

@literoticareader99: I'm glad you like the story and I'm sorry if the grammatical errors took away from it for you. I know I hate when I'm enthralled in a story and I have to reread something because of a mistake. I will make more of an effort to proofread the next chapter.

@Ellienora35: Thanks for the chocolate cake :) and the metaphorical 5 stars, it's the thought that counts anyway, and the comments

@Mayness: glad I could surprise you. How did he get in? Hmmm I don't know..oh wait I do. But I guess you will have to wait to find out ;) Glad you liked Malia in this chapter. 'I am a strong female character' was my new mantra throughout writing.

@ redyellowgo: Ahh the possibilities, was it Denizen? Was it Milly? Was it all of them? I love the analysis going on of their characters and motivations though. Like Mayness, you will have to just wait to find out.

@inspector123: glad you think it was the best one yet. As to me wrapping things up, you are quite intuitive. I'm not done with this story yet, but I'm getting close. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 more chapters and the story will have run its course. Bittersweet, but I think I'm almost done telling their story, at least for now.

@cantfightfate: I love to read my comment though :( They refresh my creativity, I think I will write today at work. We'll see how it goes. ;)

I know I didn't respond to everyone, but I do read all of your comments and I love them all. It is more for the sake of time and repetition that I don't give a personal response to them all. Glad you guys are liking it and I'm going to try and write quickly for you.

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Dating myself, but....

Anyone remember the original Looney Tunes cartoons? How the Coyote would always end up over the cliff, there would be that long pause in mid air, then the looooooong drop to the canyon floor and a cloud of dust on impact? That would be all of us, with Darlin92 as the Road Runner beep beeping us (and Cain) over the edge...

Starrynight104Starrynight104over 10 years ago
Character complexities & overall GREATNESS

Your characters are a variety of complexities. Malia went from a strong female character, to weak in the knees (for the obvious!), and now she has her backbone again. Cain is fighting to keep that hard exterior and the demons inside. You have done an excellent job to show that internal battle that he has been dealing with for over 7yrs. I LOVE that you gave Tristan a true presence in this chapter! His character was weak and I was curious how you were going to make him in to something more. WELL DONE! There was a smooth transition between Tristan and Cain's personalities.

I hope to see Malia continue to keep her strength! She was kidnapped once, is this time any different? ;) I am not sure if it was your intention, but I thought something might happen to Malia with that foreshadowing of a strange man on her in Cain's dream. That was a wonderful bit in your chapter that really got me thinking about the end! I went back and reread that to make sure I was reading it correctly! I was slightly confused...so the ONLY comment I would make would be about introducing a dream sequence smoothly. You did them well in previous chapters, that moment with Cain trying to pull that man off Malia was slightly confusing. They are difficult to do, but you do them with ease.

Your characters are well-written, your plot is strong, and you have a strong STRONG fan base with your beautiful writing. I look forward to the next chapter!! Keep up the fabulous work!

redwolvsredwolvsover 10 years ago
oh my

I loved it but I really can't wait for the next chapter......

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Go Malia, GO!!!!!!!!!

I loved her speech to Cain.

Can't wait for the next chapter!!

LBGrantLBGrantover 10 years ago
Thanks for another exciting chapter!

I was so happy to see your newest chapter posted today. Some excellent developments and boy, you know how to leave us hanging and wanting more. Love it.

~LB

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

I think you are doing a great job with this story all of the characters are very good.

Cant help but feel Milly has a part in this second kidnapping of Malia. Certainly Vincent is a SHITBAG and would never be able to have any accountability. Certainly there are a number of people Cain has made into enemy's but if we simply go with those you have already brought into the story that certainly limits the field.

I hope he finds her quickly (she has already gone through a great deal as a strong woman). Also hope there are still several chapters to look forward to. I am certainly looking forward to the next one.

Good story! Keep it up!! <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

excellent chapter.hope we don't have long before the next one.(pleeeeaaaase)

BaronvonKarmannBaronvonKarmannover 10 years ago
Glad to see you're back. I was getting worried.

I've enjoyed this story from chapter one. I was starting to worry that you had moved on to other things. Glad to see you're back.

This was a really good chapter for character development and plot. I join the other commenters in saying, "Please write faster."

One minor quibble: men don't call other men "Blondie," especially military men. "Pretty boy" would not be great either, but it would read more believably.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Don't loose sight

Overall- you are a fantastic writer & I love the concept of the story but....... The story seems to be about Malia & Cain and yet a lot of energy (and extra words) were spent on trying to build up a second romance between Tristan & the girl- which is wasted on me. I only have room to be consumed/attached to one love story. And while the writing itself is extremely well done- I was disappointed with the chapter

Because I wasn't able to move forward with MY relationship with Cain and Malia. I finished the chapter wanting something more to have transpired between them.

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Blondie?

@baronvonkarmann: Are you sure? Maybe he was getting in touch with his inner femininity :) Your comment made me laugh, probably more than it should have, people started looking at me. But to defend myself, I was tired of typing 'the blond man' over and over. Pretty boy could have worked but Cain wouldn't deign to give him a hint of a compliment even one so clearly antagonistic. He hates the blond man. However I am female and if you say that guys don't say blondie to each other, I guess I will have to take your word on that. The endearment shall be omitted from Cain's vocabulary at once. Thanks for reading :)

Thanks to everyone for your comments, both the good and the slightly critical. I appreciate them all.

KayayayKayayayover 10 years ago
Yay!

First of all: BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!! It was my birthday yesterday and I woke up to this, could my day get any better? Nope!

Second: yay! Yet another wonderful chapter, though I am sad to hear it only has 2-3 more chapters, but if the story ends well, all's well.

Thirdly: I agree with some of the others that Milly has to be involved somehow, else it would probably just have been a waste to enter her into the story again. But we definitely know that Denizen is behind, because he contacted Vincent in an earlier chapter. Oh the plot secrets that you have made...

Fourthly: again agreeing with the others, you gotta write faster! But that's mostly a selfish reason, because this story has me hooked. And also a few mispells won't kill anyone. They can easily be corrected and it's not harming the story in any way.

So Darlin, a round of applause to you for such an incredible chapter. Begging for a little sexy time in the next chapter, whether it's forced or not(not in the writing sense) ;)

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Happy birthday

@kayaya: Happy birthday, I timed that way for you of course :)

Everyone is so distrustful of little ole Milly. Maybe I brought her back in the story to comfort Cain in his time of need? Maybe she'll get with Finn? Oh the possibilities. Oh I don't know if you want anything forced in the next chapter. Everyone else seems to be against some Vincent lovin', but if you say so. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it!!

Loved it. I really like knowing what's happening with Tristan too. You write so well that I feel like I know these characters so I want to know what's going on with Tristan as much as I want to know about Cain. Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing!

Great story, I love it so much-- the characters are really real. I hope you keep writing!

joodlejoodleover 10 years ago
Yes!

I have been following a number of long series', so sometimes I get them confused when the new chapters are released. However, the plot in this story is so unique, it is easy to separate from the others, no matter how captivating. I am glad you shared a bit of Tristan with us. One thing though that happened in one of the other series' I was reading that I hope does not happen in this one--- don't try to write a double love story. If the new couple starts to overshadow the original couple, it can fuck up the feel of the story. I appreciate it when authors utilize "spin-offs" if you will. Create a separate series that focuses on Tristan and Gwen. They are such strong characters, and may be able to have their own story as well. Keep the focus on Cain and Malia, with tiny hints of Tristan and Gwen. One step at a time. So that was just a word of caution on that. You have been doing a fantastic job in this story. Absolutely brilliant. I love how you have it paced. Moremore!

lisaisaleftylisaisaleftyover 10 years ago
Love this chapter!

I agree with others' sentiments about it being Denz and Milly being in cahoots with each other, with Vincent being used as the muscle (definitely not the brains) behind this. At least, that's my speculation. I cannot WAIT until the next chapter. Great job. -Lisa

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago
Loving Tristan

I absolutely loved the boys play room! Gwen slowly gaining her strength and proving that in the end Cain didn't need to bring in Malia is a lovely plotline. I have been ruminating on these points (and not the kidnapping!) for a while.

The way Tristan is capable of manoeuvring people makes me wonder why he hasn't taken action against his own mother yet. Perhaps that will come in the form of him encouraging Cain to make his move.

winealittlewinealittleover 10 years ago
AWESOME!

I love this story. I really enjoy a lot of books on Literotica, but this one I enjoy the most!!! I can't wait for the next chapter : ) Thanks for not deserting us and keep up the good work! So enjoyable!

winealittlewinealittleover 10 years ago
PS...IGNORE

Please ignore the person telling you not to pursue a romance with Tristan and Gwen... I love his character and would like to see him find love and happiness also...hopefully, you are planning on hooking up Malia's sister with Cain's best friend : ) Would be great! Just another opinion. Again, thanks for the great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love this series!

This is probably my favorite Literotica series. Please hurry so we can read Chapter 11!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oh no!!!......Please.... No "Vincent Lovin" !!

The only "lovin" I want Malia to get is from Cain himself......forced, consensual, anything......but no to Vincent.......please!!!

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Update

I've gotten an influx of emails asking me about chapter 11. Good news, it is going so much smoother than chapter 10. I'm still deciding where I want to end it but I've got almost 4,000 words right now. The bad news I guess would be that my real life has seemed to get a bit busier. I know, unfortunate. Thank you all for your comments, I'm glad chapter 10 was well received. I'm glad Tristan and Gwen's side of the story is mostly liked, sorry for those of you that want only Cain and Malia. I do want to say that while their side of the story will be included in the future chapters, it wont be nearly to the depth that Cain and Malia's story is. And as far as future activities or lack thereof with Vincent goes, we shall see.

evonnaevonnaover 10 years ago
damn.. what a cliffie..

Loved this chapter, just beautiful to see Cain coming to understand how he feels about Malia (still loving him imagining the Blondie :), love reading his thoughts on her, and what a way to end it! Hope you'll be updating soon! and boy, does he need to up his security! (though of course plot-wise it's important that it happens etc.) Loving all the angst! Can't wait to read more!

Story recommendation - If you love a strong female lead, a slow burn etc, and don't mind a bit of sci-fi, check out this fairly new one: "Bloodsong" by LadyMira. She writes some clever stuff, and for me has made it to the magic circle of Darlin92, Hispet, Waterburn, Blondegoddess etc. (sorry to mention another story in your comments, but we need to feed our addictions :) and she deserves it).

pheobecharmedpheobecharmedover 10 years ago

omg i don't like you lol. with a cliffhanger like this can't wait for the next chapter you rock darlin srry it took so long to comment i didn't realize i hadnt read this yet i only got half way lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story! But please no Vincent sex!!

I was just browsing through random stories when I found 'The Reluctant Journey' and so far it is a good story, the story line is really interesting with its twists and turns but please, please, please do not let Vincent have sex with Malia, only Cain please. Thank you writing such a great story :D

didntseeuxtheredidntseeuxthereover 10 years ago
Agreed with the comment below

No Vincent sex!!!! That would kill me and the story!!!

So glad you are back though!!!

Please continue!!!!

ivy_Girlivy_Girlover 10 years ago
VINCENT SEX??? AWESOME!

Totally kidding. Please, just, no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful stories

First of I would like to say I love this entire series. Great job on writing and keeping the tension there! Unlike the previous commenters I do not think it would be bad (for the story that is) for anything to happen with Vincent. It could be a great storydevice if Cain would come and rescue her and help heal her from the experience. Any way it turns out (you know best of course!) I look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Oh boy, I'm on the edge of my seat. Please please don't leave us hanging for the next chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I just love this series!!! I can't wait for the next chapter. Please don't spoil it with Vincent sex, and it'd be awesome if you got it out fast. I know that's a lot to ask haha but I'm so... needy... when it comes to your FANTASTIC writing!!!

cloudyemeraldcloudyemeraldover 10 years ago
Ah geez!!!!

What a cliffhanger! You meanie! lol seriously, I love this story xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
When???

Hi Darling92,

I'm so excited to read your next chapter! When do you think it'll be out?

Thanks,

Your faithful anon

cassieleisweetycassieleisweetyover 10 years ago

I don't think Vincent sex would spoil it either! Patiently awaiting your next chapter!! *taps foot*

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Vincent Sex

I think the phrase 'Vincent sex' can become the new generic phrase for icky plot developments no one wants to see happen in a story. :)

Why wouldn't you let Tristan and Gwen develop? Tristan's desire (or at least Cain's perception of Tristan's desire) for someone to share his life with was the catalyst for the story. No lonely Tristan- no C/M to fret about.

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Submitted

Chapter 11 is officially in the queue. Heads up, it is on the shorter end, 2 lit pages, but 13 doc pages (there is something so unsatisfying about that lit page to doc page ratio)

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

Not gonna lie did a happy dance when I saw chapter 11 was submitted...needed another fix

lioness_71lioness_71over 10 years ago
yeah

yeah for chapter 11, five stars, and I haven't even read it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
how

how do i get to chapter 11

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 11

The chapter isn't posted yet, hopefully it will post soon. I submitted it on the 23rd and it takes 3-7 days for Lit to approve it and post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Darlin, Thank you for the update!!

I really don't mind short pages as long as they keep coming on a regular basis.

Can't take the looong wait....

Going to sleep happy now and dreaming of the next chapter......Zzzz....

Literoticareader99Literoticareader99over 10 years ago
Great!

I hope Malia gets rescued and Vince gets killed.

Darlin92Darlin92over 10 years agoAuthor
@ most recent anon

You're quite welcome for the update, however it was a little outdated when you posted your comment because Chapter 11 is already posted. Thought I should let you know. It didn't make the hall of fame this time, :) it's a little darker than the rest of the chapters. Hope you enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ooopsie!!

I meant to post "Darlin, Thank you for the upate" under Ch.11" ......after reading ch 11........thinking ch.12 was on the way.....sob!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 stars and all, but...

You really need to stop using the word 'highly'. Find another modifier because you're using this one as a lazy wildcard.

Otherwise it's good melodrama.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDarlin92@Darlin92
I haven’t posted on here for seven years..but I definitely haven’t stopped writing. I hope you all like some of the random stuff I’ve been working on, it is definitely more planned out than the reluctant journey ever was (a story I now find hard to read myself). Please comment...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES