The Return Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

-------------

The house was in better shape than I thought but still a lot needed to be done. It would be slow to take shape because of my damn knee but I was lucky as Molly would work on my knee every night.

I went to the hospital the first week to be tested for a possible donor for Angus. However it wasn't to be as the doctor said there would only be a 25% chance of being a match for Angus. He would now have to rely on the national bone marrow register. I received a thankyou letter from my Mother but it still didn't encourage me to re-establish any contact.

Molly started at the hospital the following week and she was swamped with work. She seemed to enjoy it and made many friends in the community. Meanwhile I worked out a deal with Paul that I would fix our new house up first then start my 'apprenticeship' at the store.

I started by literally gutting the house. I hired a couple of labourers and we gutted the kitchen and bathroom. We also removed the 1970's wallpaper and cleaned out the overgrown 'backyard'. I then let the labourers go for the time being. I was anxious to get the house completed so I bit the bullet and got a kitchen and bathroom specialist in. Molly was deeply involved in the planning and got her wish of her dream kitchen.

Thankfully I was able to extend the home loan with the bank . I was then able to afford the $20,000 kitchen and the $10,000 new bathroom. While the renovators went about their work, I redid the beautiful wooden floors which took me the same amount of time that it took for the kitchen and bathroom to be done.

Paul and I then worked on fixing the roof and guttering. Paul had the experience with roofing so I followed his lead. The final job was all the painting. It would take longer than I thought as I had to do some scouting work for the Raiders on a few weekends. Molly went away with me so it became a very enjoyable time.

I knew Paul was anxious to get me in the store so with the extra money coming in from the Raiders I hired a painter to do the outside of the house. We picked heritage green for all the guttering and the heritage cream for the rest of the outside of the house.

I began working at the hardware store the first week of May. It was a tough slog getting back into the daily routine of shop life. I had lost weight from all the hard labour from the house reconstruction so it was a lot less physically demanding working in the store.

Every day when I got home I had a paintbrush in my hand doing the interior of the house so by the end of May we were ready to move in. Tom, Betty, Gail, Paul, Denise and her brother Justin all helped with the move. It took most of the weekend but everything was in and set up. We just had to unpack some boxes.

-------------

The wedding was planned for the end of October. St James was booked for the traditional church wedding and the reception was at the large hotel in Stone Ridge. The invitations had all been sent out as well but not without drama. It was our first real fight.

I did not want my Mother invited or Angus Beasley but Molly was of the opinion that it was the right thing to do. The fighting went on for weeks until in a moment of sheer weakness, right after making love to Molly, she bushwhacked me and I agreed. The invitation was sent the next day but there was no way Jenny or Gary would be attending. I wasn't that much of a pushover.

In ways the wedding was out of control because we were now living in Iron Plain and I knew so many people both here and in Stone Ridge not to mention Molly's lot that it had gone from a small wedding of about 80 to now 200. Thank Christ Tom and Betty were chipping in for the wedding. It seemed to me that the whole town was attending but I loved Molly and she was a popular lady who I admit had me wrapped around her finger.

Molly was keen to get wedding photos taken at the house so she talked me into landscaping the front and back gardens. She had a silver tongue because the next weekend she had Paul, Denise, Justin and even my old friend Martin Taylor helping.

My knee was killing me by the end of the weekend but we got the basic structure in place and now there would just be a heap of planting to do. Naturally as we had a garden centre at the hardware store we were able to work out a good deal and then the planting began.

I was still doing my scouting work for the Raiders but thankfully of late they were sending me tapes of players to analyse and then I would produce a written report pointing out the strengths and weaknesses. They were very pleased with my work and analysis, so much so that I was only really going on the road to watch players at major Rugby League carnivals. The rest of the time they were sending me tapes.

I was enjoying my work at the store and had worked in most of the departments. I enjoyed working the floor but I knew I really had to understand the business so by July I was working with Paul in the office.

Molly was doing really well at the hospital and her staff and patients alike all loved her. That's when things took a funny turn around August. Angus Beasley was getting sicker and he was admitted to hospital. My Mother was practically living up there so of course she got to know Molly.

To make matters worse on occasion Jenny and Gary were there as well. We were prepared that we would see them occasionally living in a small town but I didn't think it would be daily contact for Molly for so long.

It soon became apparent that my Mother was latching onto Molly. Molly dropped hints about getting together with her all the time. I was starting to get frustrated and to be honest pretty pissed off.

Things got worse one Friday afternoon. It was a bad day as I fired an employee. We had put new surveillance cameras in the store and found an employee stealing from the cash register. He was a part timer and so I got the thrill of firing his arse. He didn't take it well and took a swing at me. Let's just say he wouldn't do it again as he 'fell' down the stairs. The police were called and he was hauled away. Paul wanted to have a drink after work but I was still off the grog so I declined.

I knew things were bad as soon as I pulled into my house. I had just built a new double garage and my Holden Torana was stored in there. I couldn't get my Ford in to the garage as a Mercedes was blocking my access. I knew who it was and I wasn't happy.

I walked through the front door and sure enough Molly was having a cup of coffee with my Mother. They were laughing and having a great old time. Molly had a photograph album in her lap and it obvious they were pictures of me.

"Oh honey you're home. I invited your Mum to see the house. You were so cute as a baby sweetie."

I said nothing just stared. Molly knew she had crossed a boundary.

"Son, you have a beautiful house and a beautiful wife to be I'm so proud of you."

"Proud of me...?"

"Yes Son proud of you. I can see your upset but I just want to get to know you again and be friends."

"Friends?"

Molly then interrupted as she could see my anger about to boil over.

"Please Rob don't be angry I invited your Mum here and I think she's right we can all be friends."

"Friends....ask her about when I was 17 and she walked out on my Dad. Ask about the bitter divorce and destroying the man I loved as my father. Then being told he wasn't my Dad. She was fucking Angus Beasley for 20 years behind everyone's back and the amount of shit I had to cop from her.

I'm not a kid anymore and I make my own decisions....we will never be friends."

"Son, I know you must hate me but Johnny Green wasn't the saint you make him out to be. He was a cold man in many ways; he often came between us....."

"SHUT UP! Don't you ever mention his name in this house you don't have the right....why the hell did I come back to this town. I'm outta here."

I turned around, walked out the door and jumped in my car. I was gone in a blaze of dust. Molly had really screwed up this time. My Mum was at her cunning best and as usual playing the victim. Manipulation was the name of the game and I would bet that this was the response she wanted and I gave her that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jenny had encouraged this relationship as well just to piss me off.

I was hurting and angry and I forgot all reason and headed for the Commercial Hotel. The pub was doing a busy trade but I found a quiet corner and ordered a beer. I must have been on my sixth beer when Paul walked in. He spotted me pretty quickly so he ordered a beer and walked over to see me.

"Jesus Rob...you never change." He laughed

"Yeah well I was provoked." I slurred

"How many have you had dingus?"

"About 6 middies of beer."

"Gee it aint that much, I can tell you haven't drank in a while. You've scared the hell out of Molly and now Denise is over there comforting her. Your Mum is gone too. By the way thanks for leaving me to clean up this mess. Nothing worse than three crying women especially when I'm married to one."

I just laughed.

"I'm switching you to water, I'll sober you up a bit and then we go home in your car. Your Mum actually dropped me here and the time with her is 20 minutes I'd like back."

Paul could always cheer me up. He was as good as his word and got me home in one piece. As soon as I was through the door Molly ran to me crying and ran straight into my arms.

"I'm so sorry Rob."

"No Molly I'm sorry. I over reacted but I don't want her here again ok."

"Ok."

We kissed and made up. Paul and Denise stayed for dinner and we ended up having a good night. Make up sex with Molly was the highlight of the evening though.

-------------

Gail finished her course in late September so she moved up to Iron Plain and into our house to help Molly with our wedding. Gail taunted me mercilessly; she was still a flirt and tease. Paul was coming over a lot and because he was getting the same attention he was often in trouble with Denise for staring. I had to admit it was funny because it wasn't me.

Gail loved to party and at the start of October her friend Lucy came up. So they went out on the town which means they ended up at the Commercial Hotel. The hotel now had a live band Friday nights and dancing.

Paul and I had a late close up that night due to missing money from the registers we did a recount but it was still down $1,000 we ended up finding it stuck at the back of one of the drawers. We both decided to have a quick drink at the Commercial and head to our respective homes. I had to admit for 28 we were damn responsible.

I had no idea Gail and Lucy had gone to the Hotel. We were having a quiet drink I was having a coke and Paul a beer when we heard some commotion coming from the dance floor. Being nosy we both turned around to have a look. Gary Beasley had slapped a girl and was holding her around the throat. His friend Doug Lupin was trying to kiss another girl but she was struggling. I had a closer look and it was Gail in Gary's arms and Lucy in Doug's.

"Fuck Paul its Gail and her friend."

I put my drink down and fought through the crowd of gawkers.

"Get your hands off her Beasley!"

Gary swivelled around and Gail suddenly looked relieved. By that time Paul had joined me and was edging towards Doug Lupin.

"Ahh...fuck off boy scout, this aint your business."

Gary Beasley was roaring drunk. I could feel the excitement in the crowd as they could smell another Beasley versus Green fight. Meanwhile Paul was right up in Doug Lupin's face. Lupin saw the odds straight away and let go of Lucy. Lucy quickly went behind Paul.

"Well Gary it is my business when you are touching my sister."

"Sister?"

"That's right asshole."

"Well she looks like she wants a good fucking, she was all over me."

Gail was a tease but I knew Gary Beasley was the last guy she'd go for. Gary was drunk and quite frankly a fat slob as he had really let himself go. No way would a gorgeous 20 year old be interested in him.

I wasn't going to do this dance anymore. I simply walked over and removed his hand from around Gail's throat. He didn't stop me.

"Go to Paul, Gail."

She complied. I just nodded to Paul and he took the girls out of the hotel. I could see Doug Lupin feeling they now had the advantage and he was edging closer.

"You shouldn't have touched her Gary. You're a married man."

"Married man...that frigid bitch hasn't touched me in years."

"Not my problem. Now are we going to step outside and settle this?"

Gary paled significantly. That's when Doug took his chance and charged me from the crowd. I saw him coming so I let gravity take its course and simply helped him go right past me into the crowd. Gary thought he'd try his luck but he was slow and out of shape.

I let him hit me as I needed witnesses that would say he threw the first punch. I let him hit me a second time just in case they had missed it the first time round and I then went to town on him. I staggered him with a solid punch to the jaw and followed that up with a punch to his gut.

He vomited all over the dance floor...it was pathetic. I guess what made it funny was that Doug Lupin had picked that time to charge me again but ran straight into the open mouth of Gary's vomit contents. Doug Lupin slipped on the floor going arse over head.

I just shook my head. I must have hit him hard as Gary couldn't shut his mouth properly. Turned out I'd broken his jaw. When I turned to leave I heard clapping. It was Jenny Beasley.

"Bravo Gary another fine performance. You're pathetic."

Gary couldn't talk but if looks could kill she would be dead. I went to see the owner and left my details if the police needed me. I walked outside and found Paul waiting.

"The girls are ok I took them to the store and came back to help you. I should have known better. Shit mate watch your six, trouble is behind you."

Jenny Beasley was coming towards both of us. She stopped in front of me.

"Rob, can we please talk."

I looked at Paul.

"Paul go get the girls and take them to my house. I won't be far behind you."

"No worries buddy."

"He's a good friend isn't he?"

"Yeah he's the best Jenny. What can I do for you?"

"I just wanted to apologise for what Gary has done."

"Well you don't need to apologise for him. This will be a police matter anyway."

"I know and he deserves what he gets. Rob I miss you and I want us to be friends."

"For what purpose?"

"I miss our friendship. I was so angry when you left Iron Plain for Canberra, you abandoned me and I had to stay with Gary Beasley to survive."

"That's rich Jenny... you wouldn't talk to me and then took up with Gary."

"I was afraid Rob. My Dad was so angry that I was just going to appease him then by the end of the year be back with you."

"Jenny that's the past we were only kids."

"Rob I love you."

I think my jaw dropped. What in hell was this woman's game?

"I'm sorry Jenny but I love Molly with all my heart. I'm marrying her in 2 weeks and couldn't be happier."

"But what about what we had?"

"Jenny that was a lifetime ago and things have changed. To be honest I don't love you. I don't even like you much. You're not the girl I remember."

Her face made a dramatic change from tears to utter hatred.

"Well then fuck you Rob. I'll destroy you."

She then turned on her heels and stalked away. She was one crazy bitch.

-------------

I made it home and it was Gail who rushed into my arms.

"Robby, I love you so much thankyou."

"Hey kiddo are you ok?"

"Yeah nothing makeup won't fix. "

Gail had marks on her face and throat. We then heard a car pull up in the driveway. It was the police. Finally some justice against Gary Beasley but I was the one in for a shock. I met Eric Rogers at the door. Eric was retiring at the end of the year and it was good to see him but somehow it wasn't good news.

"Hey Eric are you here for all the statements."

"No Rob I've got my Constable doing that shortly."

"What's wrong?"

"I have to take you in Rob."

"What for?"

"Assault."

"Hey there is a room full of witnesses that saw him throw the first punch."

"I know it isn't in relation to Gary but Jenny Beasley."

"She claims you tried to rape her and she got away."

"That's utter bullshit."

By now Molly, Gail and Paul were at the door protesting my innocence.

"Molly you know this isn't true."

"Of course I know its crap Robby....that bloody bitch."

"Ok, Eric let's go."

The girls all gave me a hug and Paul shook my hand. There is nothing more humiliating than being handcuffed by a friend no less and taken to jail. I was processed quickly and put in a cell for the night. I had faith I would be proved innocent because I didn't do anything but I was concerned at the harm it would do to my family, friends and the business.

It was a long night and my anger was spilling over.

I would get Jenny Beasley for this no matter how long it took me. I was just glad that Molly backed me if I lost her over this I think I would literally kill Jenny.

At 10am Eric came by and opened the cell door.

"You're free to go Rob."

"What happened?"

"She withdrew the charges. Everyone knew it was bullshit. Jenny Beasley is a piece of work."

"I'll give you that."

"Anyway the lady who got Jenny to confess she was lying is waiting for you."

It had to be Molly, I didn't know how but she did it but she had. I went through the doors smiling but it was my Mother who was waiting on the bench for me.

"Mum?"

"Hi Rob."

"You?"

"Yes son me...I knew she was lying. You're an honourable man... just like Johnny. I knew it was bullshit the minute I looked into her eyes but she's a cunning one. Your sister in law and her friend dropped their charges against Gary and Doug for Jenny's confession. Eric was considering charging her with making a false statement but decided to let the matter die.

I'm so sorry Rob. I told the little bitch I was disgusted in her actions and Angus and I have asked them to move out of the house. So they will now be living in town."

For the first time in my life, I felt like my Mum was finally fighting for me. It was an overwhelming feeling and instead of saying anything, I just hugged her.

-------------

"I now pronounce you husband and wife...You may kiss the bride."

I turned and kissed my beautiful bride Molly and there was a loud cheer. I got my back slapped by Paul, Justin and Martin who were in the bridal party. Denise, Gail and Bianca all gave Molly a kiss. We made our way out of the church and were mobbed by family and friends, it was a sweet moment.

Paul and Denise had earlier announced that they were going to be parents so the day was even more special. The photographer starting taking pictures in front of the church. My Mum had made it to the wedding without Angus Beasley as he was back in hospital and thing were looking grim unless a donor could be found.

I was about to get another picture taken when I saw her....Jenny Beasley was standing on the hill just alongside the church and she was crying. I couldn't understand her and I was hopeful she would from now on keep her distance.

Mum and I would never have a strong relationship but at least it was civil and we had some pictures together. The reception was fantastic, we danced, we drank and we sang.

The speeches were just right and the two that stood out were Tom's and Paul's. We were definitely surrounded by love. I just wondered what the future would hold.

To Be Continued...

12