The Runner and the Swamp Fox

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh!" I'm sorry dear, here, this is all it is." She handed Pat the small revolver. She grinned, "I like it better than a Derringer, don't you?"

"Ah, er! Yes I do, do you carry it all the time?"

"Yes, I sure do. Your sweet Momma taught me to do that. Oh! I don't wear it to bed, I sleep with it under the pillow."

Pat grinned and rolled his eyes, "Momma do you really think I should marry this lovely little Lady, she will be here with you or very near you for a long time."

"Pat Darling, if you don't marry her you may no longer have a happy home here."

"Momma! I'm your baby boy."

"Pat, is there any way in the world you are not going to marry this sweet girl?"

A voice boomed out, "He better damned well marry her after I traveled this far for the wedding." Everyone turned to see Sean Patrick Murphy, Jr. standing by the door.

Heidi ran into his arms and rained kisses on his face. She held him tightly, her face was buried in his beard. He pressed his nose in her hair, then looked up and smiled at his son, then looked at the girl beside Pat. "Momma if I were you I wouldn't worry one second about the possibility of this marriage not happening on time. This girl is almost as beautiful as you were when we were married. I have seen those two look at each other one time and I saw pure love."

Mary pulled Pat off into the den, she kissed him deeply and passionately, she whispered, "Oh! Pat, I missed you so much. I can't wait until tomorrow night. We will spend the night in the guest cottage. Your Momma says she has it all ready for us. She felt his erection pressing against her belly. She looked quickly at his face, she kissed him and softly said, "I feel you pressing against me, I love how that feels, can I just touch him for a second?"

Pat quivered and nodded. He felt her little hand creep down over her his stomach. He watched the door. He felt her hand slide between the flaps of his uniform coat and grasp his hard penis.

She felt the warmth and the length and thickness of him. Oh! Could he really be that big? Would he fit inside her? No one told her about this. She would try and talk to Heidi about this. Pat suddenly turned away and said "I am afraid I only have a week for our honeymoon. Oh! Momma I didn't see you, do you need us?"

"Yes, we have more guests, you and your bride will have some time for yourselves later. Right now someone wants to see you, Mary."

Pat followed his mother and Mary back into the parlor and he heard Mary squeal. He saw her run to COLONEL BARTON!

The Colonel hugged and kissed his daughter. Mary turned and looked for Pat who smiled and held his hand out to the Colonel, "How did you pull this off Sir? This is great!"

Colonel Barton shook Pat's hand and smiled at Pat's mother, "Mrs. Murphy arranged it through both of our Commanding Generals. I don't believe Jeff Davis or Abe Lincoln could have done it, but she did. By the way she got your leave extended to two weeks I have been told."

Pat grinned, "That sounds great Sir, but I'll have to hear that from my unit commander."

A familiar voice said, "Then hear it now Pat, you have two weeks off, you do the work of any two of my men so you deserve it." It was a grinning Captain Dickison.

Colonel Barton said, "Captain, I hope you will put the rest of your phantom army on leave too so my men can get some rest."

The Captain smiled, "Colonel, I am a mere Captain and I am not aware of the overall strategy or plan of battle of my superiors."

"Captain Dickison I am well aware of what your assignment is. I just can't figure out how to stop you. You show up and harass the pickets in a place one day and before I can get there, you are reported attacking someplace 70 miles away the next evening. You are like a slight-of-hand artist you shuffle the cards too fast for me to follow them, or you pick coins from my ears." The colonel looked at his daughter and Pat quietly listening as they held hands. "Pat, I pray that some day we can sit like old soldiers do, and swap war stories. I know you will have some grand ones to tell."

Pat grinned, "Sir, I hope we can do that while you bounce your grandchildren on your knees." Mary gazed up at Pat in adoration. She looked at Pat's father, "Sir, I hope you and your sweet wife will be with us then too!"

"Amen Girl, Amen!"

The wedding took place as scheduled in the new church in Orange Springs. Armed men from Dickison's company stood guard until the ceremony was over then escorted the Union Colonel to the Landing where he boarded an Elkton Company launch for Palatka.

After the reception, Mary and Pat Slipped off to the Guest cottage. Before they left Pat's father took him aside and said, "Son I want to give you some advice it took your mother a few years to work up the nerve teach me about how women like to be loved. First kiss her all over and as you touch and caress her go half as fast as you want to go and touch her twice as gently, barely touch her, but most of all, get her to tell you what she likes and tell her what you like. If you please her, she will please you."

"Thanks Father. I will do as you say, I'll just go slowly until I learn."

"Good Luck, Boy! You'll do just fine, I was about four or five years younger when Heidi and I were married. We learned."

Pat gently kissed and held Mary in his arms after they were finally alone. He gently caressed her through her clothes. She loosened the bodice of her dress and took his hand and guided it inside to touch her breast. He remembered what his father told him. He very gently caressed her soft breast. His fingers touched her nipple softly and felt all around it. He moved his hand to the other breast and slowly explored it also.

The front of her dress hung open displaying her breasts He moved his head and kissed her nipples very softly and gently, Mary threw her head back and moaned . Pat lifted his head, "Did I hurt you?"

"Oh! NO! It feels wonderful, I love every thing you do. I want more, let's take off our clothes and get on the bed." Pat watched fascinated as she undressed, he has glimpsed other female bodies and knew she had a full bust and a tiny waist, but with the voluminous skirts that were the fashion of the day he hadn't realized how narrow her hips were. He thought she was perfect.

Mary was pleased with Pat's strong shoulders and well muscled chest and arms. His thighs and legs were corded with strong muscles too. His penis was erect and pointed upward. It looked very strong too. Long and thick, it was bigger than she had thought. She was thrilled when he gently lifted her in his arms and placed her on the bed. The feel of his strength and power was thrilling. She was of course aware of the mating process and had heard it described many times by older women. Many loved it but some seemed to feel to was an unpleasant duty they had to put up with to satisfy their husbands.

Pat didn't seem to be in a hurry, Mary knew her body was ready for him because she could feel how wet she was down there. He gently caressed and kissed her almost everywhere. She liked that very much, she enjoyed touching him where ever she could reach him. She was afraid to instigate anything and let him lead the way. At last he was moving over her as they kissed long and passionately.

Pat reached down and cupped her mound over her thick patch of curly pubic hair. He felt and smelled the moisture between her thighs. He lifted his body over her legs and felt her legs spread to welcome him. His cock pressed against her hair. Her little hand raced down and grasped his penis. She gently rubbed his soft velvety crown against her slit then pulled him in to her opening when she thought he was slippery enough.

Pat was amazed at how wonderful it felt. He had, of course, masturbated for years but this was way, way, better. Mary felt her vaginal canal being stretched as he entered her. She felt the pressure as he encountered her maidenhead. Pat felt the resistance too and welcomed it. It proved she was a virgin. He pulled out a little bit then pressed in harder against the resistance.

Pat heard Mary gasp. He asked, "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

"Not really, that is how it is supposed to be, push harder, pull out some then push in faster and harder. Ah! Ouch! Oh! Yes! Now you are inside me, I love how you feel going in deeper. God yes! That is so good, Do you like it?"

Pat slowed to a stop, "Yes, my love, I love how this feels, I want it to last forever." He moved slowly in and out, thrusting as deep as he could. She was pulling him tightly to her body and gently moaning in time with his thrusts. Pat had to fight the urge to slam in and out as fast and hard as he could. He could feel her fingernails digging into his back as she reacted to his thrusts. His mouth was pressed tightly to hers now, but he had to break the kiss to get more air. Pat felt her sheath spasm and grip his cock hard every second for half a dozen times, she squealed "yes, yes." each time she gripped him.

He lost his control of his body and trust in and out as fast as he could, feeling her sweet body thrust back against him. He shuddered as his seed squirted up inside her womb. He eased off beside her body and hugged her tightly against him. His lips found hers and the tenderly kissed as they struggled to catch their breaths.

Mary slowly opened her eyes and saw Pat looking at her too. He smiled and whispered, "How was it for you Sweetheart, want to try it again someday?"

"Someday? I want you again right now. I didn't know it could be that good. I loved every second of everything you did to me. I love my handsome husband."

Pat smiled and looked down at the body pressed against him. He felt the blood surge again and in a minute he was erect, damn she was beautiful.

She turned and looked down, "Oooo! He is hard again, the ladies said it would take hours sometime to get him hard again."

"That could be, but they are not as beautiful as you are, and their men are not as much in love as I am with my beautiful wife."

"I am happy as long as you are hard again."

Pat moved between her legs quickly and plunged in to the hilt. Her hands grasped his hips and pulled him into her body harder with each thrust. She moved her hands up over his body caressing his back. She lifted her legs along his body and pulled him forward with her heels on each stroke. Both of them climaxed together and fell back easing apart as he softened and slipped out of her. They snuggled back together and slept together for an hour or so.

Pat opened his eyes and saw his wife smiling at him. He moved the two inches and their lips touched gently. Mary whispered, "Are you ready again?"

Pat said, "Yes, I am ready again, but I think it has gotten colder. I think we need to stay under the covers."

"Oh, no, I love looking at you Pat. Seeing you makes me feel warm."

"I know what you mean, I get hot for you too. Why don't we try making love under the covers. Here turn away from me and draw this leg up, now I should be able to slip up inside you, unhun, just like that. Mmmmm! That is nice. Does it feel good to you? Turn your upper body back towards me, yeah, now I can kiss your sweet lips and play with your breasts while I slide in and out."

"Oh! Pat, I love this. It feels so good. Mmmmm so good. Nice and slow like that is wonderful. Do you like it?"

What do you think? I really love playing with your tities. I can even kiss them like this. Mmmm. Sweet nipples, you have delightfully sweet nipples, do you like me to play with them?"

"Yes! I love it. I love it when you suck on them, yes just like that, I think I would like anything you did if it didn't hurt too bad. Oooo! The little gentle bite feels damned good. Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to swear like that, it just feels so good."

"Sweet girl, that wasn't too bad, you didn't take God's name in vain."

"I know, but I want to be a perfect wife for you, I know you are not used to Ladies swearing."

Pat laughed, "You have never heard my sweet Momma get a fish hook stuck in her finger. She would make a sailor blush. If she is real mad she cusses in German, so none of us know what she says. There is no woman alive who can be more of a proper lady when she wants to be."

"I have heard her talk German to herself, I didn't know she was cussing. But I don't care, I love your mother as if she were my own."

"She loves you too, Sweetie, I don't think you could ever do any wrong in her eyes."

"If she saw what we have been doing all night she might not think too well of me."

Pat laughed, "Why not, what do you think she and my father are doing tonight, they stay in their rooms when he is home."

"I hope we are like that when we get old."

"Yeah, I think they still are very much in love."

"Oh! I know your mother thinks the world of your dad. When she talks about him when he is away, she cries her heart out. Then when he is home she forgets everything but him."

"Did you know that when Dad found her she had seen her mother, father and brother killed by the Indians several months before. She had been living in a hole in the ground, eating small animals she killed with a stick. She was skin and bones and really filthy, they had to cut most of her hair off it was so dirty and matted. She pretended she spoke nothing but German so Daddy would stay with her to teach her English. She was in love with him then. They started living together when they were about sixteen, so Granny Molly and Grandpa Sean made them get married."

"No, she never told me all that. She just said your Dad rescued her after she was lost in the woods. She did say that he was very brave and would always be her hero."

Pat said, I have heard that story a million times. Daddy was only sixteen when the Indians attacked the old Elkton Plantation over near St. Augustine. All the men were away and Momma and the women were on top of the house with rifles shooting the charging Indians and half a dozen Indians got past them and were about to get into the village behind the house where the women and children were hiding.

"Daddy stepped out in the road and stood there with an arrow through his shoulder and calmly killed six Indians with a Pocket Model Colt Revolver just like the one you carry. As a matter of fact; it may be the same pistol. Daddy is a tough old guy, get him to show you how to throw a knife some time. He is the best I have ever seen. He killed several more Indians that day with a knife and an ax and even with a shovel. He is a fighter!"

Mary said, "I never would have thought that of him, he is such a sweet and gentle man. He seems to care about the servants, the animals and everyone."

"Mary, my Grandparents and Mom and Dad freed all their slaves back during the Indian Wars thirty years ago. They do believe strongly in States Rights and that each sovereign State should determine it's own laws. They do not hold with Slavery. They do think that until each state passes a Law against Slavery each person should have the right to continue the practice until that law is changed. Hell, my Uncle Orlando Sanchez was born a Slave but Grandpa treats him like a brother."

Mary looked at Pat, "Oh yes, I met his wife, She is such a beautiful older woman, I had heard the stories about her humiliating the famous Indian Chief Oceola long before I met her. She is so tiny it is hard to believe she did that."

"Well you had better believe it! Auntie Priscilla is a little tiger. She and Granny Molly can out shoot most men. She will let you know if you displease her, but she is also a sweet and caring lady."

"Your family has a lot of very brave men in it. Heidi, your Mother is very proud of Grandpa Sean, She tells stories about him all the time."

"Yes! Old General Sean still wants to go back to fighting in Virginia after fighting pirates, Indians, Mexicans, and now Yankees. He has done much of it on one leg, too! That is a real fighting man. Daddy told me that President Jackson said Grandpa was like what the old Vikings called a 'Berserker'. In a fight they become fearless and charge into the battle ignoring pain and fearing nothing.

Once a battle starts I seem to get very calm and can see very clearly what is going on and what needs to be done to win. It is as if there were two of me, one fights and the other watches."

"Pat Murphy, you had better just pay attention to staying safe and getting home to me. I can't live without you. Sob, sniff, SOB!" Mary dropped to the bed sobbing.

"Don't worry Mary, I am not like Grandpa, I always look before I leap into a fight. Sometimes when things appear to be lost, one man can rally the troops and save the day. That is more like me. Just the sight of a couple of men charging and screaming like hellions can cause a line of troops to turn and run. 'Cap'n Dixie' is like that too!"

"He is slick as a whistle, never tell anyone what I am about to tell you, it could get me killed, we will sneak up on a union battalion with 5 or 6 men. Fire a few shots at their pickets and see if they run. If they do we set off strings of fire crackers that sound like a whole army is shooting at them. The whole Battalion will run, by the time the officers get them stopped and reorganized we are long gone. The Union Commander reports a huge battle with the Rebs, he will either say he defeated them and drove the Rebs off or that he skillful saved the destruction of his battalion by a vastly superior force and request reinforcements.

"Either way we have terrified battalions of Union soldiers running all over Florida instead of marching on Atlanta or Richmond."

"If you do so much running how can most of the married men get to come home for three or four days twice a month?"

"Well, Sweetie, we operate mostly about eighteen to fifty miles from here. Sometimes we only have ten or fifteen men on duty. Often we run missions with only a couple of men. If we find a good target we send one man back to get what we think we need. We can have up to 400 men reach us in 6 to 8 hours. We tried keeping everyone in camp but over a period of time they get run down and sick being out with little or no shelter, poor, if any rations, and we are often on the move constantly. We found we were sending more time trying to feed all of them than we were fighting.

When we do stop, many times we just lay on the ground in the cold rain all night. Worst of all the horses give out if you don't take them home once in a while."

"Honey, could you get a job staying home guarding the horses?"

"I think I could, but you know I can't do that. That is what our sick and wounded do."

"Sweetie pie, I know that! I know you will always be the first to leave and the last to come home."

Pat chuckled, "Don't be too sure of that, I never had you to come home to before."

Six nights later Pat found himself dreaming of Mary and their warm bed as he sat with Captain Dickison and a trooper in a shallow swamp water slew along the west bank of the St. Johns River. They remained there all day observing the Union Army setting up camp in the small town of Welaka. The Captain and Pat discussed the possibility of a surprise attack on the Federals.

The Captain sent the trooper to get reinforcements. Dickison and Pat waited until dark then rode to meet the rest of his men at the Hunter Place South West of Palatka. There were 65 men waiting there, 36 of Dickison's men were there with 29 men commanded by Captain Grey. They left the horses under guard of 5 men at sunset and walked nine miles to the bank of the River. Three large flatboats were waiting there. The 60 men crossed the river and landed on the East bank. They walked another seven miles to Welaka arriving just before daybreak.

Approaching the town Dickison learned from the residents that the Federal troops were using a commandeered building as a barracks and that they had no pickets on the northern road leading to town.