The Saga of Tythoros Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Turn to the leaves beside you," said the voice.

There, by Tythoros' feet, was a small pile of leaves. Sidrophus kneeled down to find that they hid a beautiful golden flute.

"That flute was crafted by renowned Hephaestus from my own design," said Athena. "Its music will bring an enchantment of sleep upon any man or beast. Take it with you to the Rila Mountains, where Dusedre makes her lair, after you have saved your friend."

Emboldened by the goddess, Tythoros put the flute to his lips and blew. Though he was ignorant of musical crafts, the godly instrument turned his clumsy notes into soothing melodies. When Tythoros stopped playing, he was greeted with silence. The Maenads had all fallen atop each other in a deep slumber.

Tythoros raised his face to the skies and whispered as loudly as he dared, "Praise and heartfelt thanks to wise Athena for this blessed gift!"

He looked to Callioa for assistance in moving on, but the flute had enchanted her as well. Tythoros paused to look upon his sleeping companion, for he had never seen her in such peace. It was the first time he had ever witnessed a smile upon those lips, and it was a sight to melt his heart.

Tythoros stroked her cheek. The skin was soft and rosy with life. It pained him to know that Callioa was so unhappy in waking, for she was a radiant beauty in this happy sleep. The temptation arose to peek underneath her robe of animal pelts – the curve of her firm thighs had certainly caught his eye – but he disregarded the thought of such a shameful act against his chaste friend.

Instead, he walked back to the campsite to gather as many supplies as he could carry. He then returned to the clearing and gently extracted the naked prince.

Sidrophus, Callioa, and the supplies for all three of them were a heavy burden, but the powerful strength and endurance of Tythoros had been well-rested. He continued walking until dawn, when he set his friends down and watched over them as they slept.

***

Apollo's chariot of fiery horses had run many leagues across the sky before the Maenads woke up. The forest rang out with shrill and incoherent cries as the beastly women found that their sport had somehow tricked them and escaped.

The immortal Maenads were eager to tear the prey apart for making them look like such fools, but they could find no evidence of where he had gone to. He had only left his chiton, and the Maenads saw that the cloth had come from Thebes.

***

The story will continue shortly. In the meantime, I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Special thanks once again to Minx Black, an old and dear friend who helped proofread this chapter.

12