All Comments on 'The Sisterhood Pact'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
shangoshangoover 15 years ago
Short

But I liked it! A grown man can keep his dick in his pants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Stupid!

Where to begin...you pick your friends, not your family...ever! Andrea is still her sister. Second, While seperated, there is no law that Dan can't live in his house until the settlements are agreed upon. Third, you can't fire someone because they are having an affair. Can you say "Lawsuit"? I knew you could. Fourth, if my wife pulled that "Sisterhood " shit, I would kick HER ass to the curb. I don't care who is fucking whom; but don't threaten me with divorce because I'm friends with them. Your story failed. So much potential and yet, so disappointing.

AgenaAgenaover 15 years ago
Nice

I liked it. A different slant on cheating and the repercussions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I enjoyed this

A new twist to the consequences of adultery, the world would be a better place if this was real.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Likeable Fantasy

People make and break this kind of pact with themselves and

others every day! Forty per cent of the people are incapable of making something like this stand up over ten years...

But it was fun and I thank you.

exjockexjockover 15 years ago
Stupid??? I don't think so.

Stupid! was the comment by Mr Anonymous. First he says you don't pick your family??? Wrong, When you fuck your sister's husband she has the right to disown you, and you have picked your new wife...Your New family.

Second, He wrote: "While seperated, there is no law that Dan can't live in his house until the settlements are agreed upon." Well, there is a law against physical abuse and jail is where he belonged for his actions. Third, He said you can't fire someone because they are having an affair. Who was fired because they were having an affair??? The story clearly said she was not told why it was her final check and she didn't ask....There could easily be many more reasons used if it came to a lawsuit, especially if it is an "Employment at Will" state like more than half the states. Fourth, he says "if my wife pulled that 'Sisterhood' shit, he would kick HER ass to the curb." Well then so be it, he will be without a wife, which is probably his state right now. He may not care who is fucking whom, but there are many of us who do care and if the fucking is cheating, it is just wrong. If it is the spouses choice to let the other fuck around then so be it also. When you befriend an adulterer, you condone their behavior and are not worthy to be married to a spouse who believes in fidelity. This is a GREAT story and I, for one enjoyed the concept very much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very Good

Every affair has two cheaters involved, if someone is not happy in marriage, take care of that first, then find someone else. Thanks for story.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
Different !!!

Scorpio, you done good boy. LOL This was entertaining. I don't believe it could happen every day but it would be nice to think a group of people actually exist that took marriage vows serious. Not to mention the pack the ladies signed in college was a very good touch. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I liked it

It was refreshing to hear where a bunch of married couples stuck together when adressing a cheater marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

ParmenideParmenideover 15 years ago
What a smart idea...

I just loved it...

Maybe we all should sign on that agreement...

and thinghs will ever get better ongoing...

Trident683Trident683over 15 years ago
Re: Stupid!

To Stupid: You're an idiot, most likely a cheater yourself, and completely without morals. Family is everything, family means honoring commitments, standing by family also means doing the hard things when they need doing.

Scorpio44 Great story! I am seriously thinking about writing a pact for my friends and I to sign to show our wives how much we love, honor and cherish them. Hmmm, seems to me I've said that before, could it be, I know, on my wedding day. In front of God, family, friends, and my WIFE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow!

Fidelity in marriage. What a concept! Society being better for it. Who could have imagined that?! For all the naysayers: the author has a point, a very valid point. If a marriage isn't working, get counseling. If the counseling doesn't arrive at resolution of the problems, get a divorce. But as much as cheating may be wonderful in fantasyland, it seldom turns out well in real life. My 2¢.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great

Tremendous concept and execution. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"stupid' by anon real minority vote

"STUPID" BY ANON APPEARS TO BE A REAL MINORITY OPINION. i COUNTED ONE "STUPID" AND 12 "FINE STORYS". i THOUGHT IT WAS NOT ONLY A FINE STORY BUT ALSO ONE OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE PLOTS I HAVE READ IN AGES.

60 YEAR OLD GEORGE

HonourHonourover 15 years ago
Well written

As for the threatened anonymous man please get facts right. 1. He struck her in most places that would give the lawyer and or the police to remove him from the marital home. 2 His boss did not sack him although the kind of man who did this probably wouldnt be above stealing from his boss. As soon as they all left I bet the boss if he had any sense began to audit his books. As for disowning the sister Not only is it possible it has happened(Not for the same reason. Both brothers involved went to a lawyer to ensure she would never benefit form the death of either man.)

gusteufgusteufover 15 years ago
great twist...

However... is there half a problem left over? For the sake of argument, we will use Donna. Now Donna and Shannon both signed the 'pact', they would not date or have sex with a married man. okay... now if Donna was screwing her neighbors husband, Shannon should abandon her... right? The concept is supposed to be against cheating. Now if Donna is screwing her 'single', personal trainer at her gym, is that okay? Donna is not having sex with another womans man, but she is still just as much a cheater. Should or will Shannon abandon her for that? It seems the pact is just a little bit open to interpretation.

good story, well written

Gus

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
Interesting twist...

on the cheating wives genre. Given society's predilection for "me first", I doubt that such a pact would work in reality but I did appreciate your effort. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Another Encouragement to The Author

Your angle of viewpoint is differently refreshing in large part. Well - in basic it is akin to life's realities but your expression of it is forever novel and quite entertaining.<P>

More please !!!<P>

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great

The best way to get a man's attention is for his wife to withhold sex from him. Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice

Ahh, Boyd? commenter below? Dude, did you read the same story as everyone else here? Heheheh... strange comment. Thanks author for a nice tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
An amusing fantasy

that likely won't work in todays world. Sadly, that "sisterhood/brotherhood pact" should be inherent in marriage vows and general societal respect for relationships.

As for Anon-stupid's post, I'm with him on that most amusing line from the wife at the party:

"Fourth, if my wife pulled that "Sisterhood " shit, I would kick HER ass to the curb. I don't care who is fucking whom; but don't threaten me with divorce because I'm friends with them. "

I'd have laughed out loud and told her I'd probably beat her to the lawyer's office on Monday. In this day and age, a woman who says something like that to me, a serious demand in public out of the blue, is asking for a divorce. You don't lay that kind of trip on your spouse out of the blue especially not a serious one such as divorce. No "strong independent" woman in America/the West would ever take that from their man but the guy is supposed to? The divorce courts/laws/Oprah shows prove it.

So, yeah amusing fantasy but ultimately a flawed scarlet letter remake with questionable legal scenarios. Just this guy's opinion and I'm one who's made it part of my honor code not to knowingly mess with married women.

northbaybearnorthbaybearover 15 years ago
What a concept!

Scorpio, you continue to fascinate with your imaginative take on 'but-of-course' concepts.

The disappointment, to say the least, of Andrea failing to honor the pact, is happily overshadowed initially by Shannon's support of Donna, and then all of the later support by other women for Donna.

Good story; tightly written, and hits the mark. Thanks. Another gem by Scorpio44a.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Let me see, forsaking all others.........

Seems a pack isnt needed only the ability to comprehend words. Nice little story tho. The winners still came out the two lovers that moved away and enjoyed life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hooray for commitment

As a faithful husband of 54 years (If anyone tells you never a cross word - bullshit!) I applaud the sentiments of this story. I am a fan of cheating wife stories, but oh the power of public disapproval. I loved it!

Max

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
There's something missing

It took me a while, but I figured out what was absent from this story.<br><br>

There was no family telling the wronged spouse to "just forgive"! There was no endless series of friends asking "aren't you over-reacting?"! There was no "why can't you just forgive them?"! And most of all, there was no incongruous and implausible reconciliation at the end, where the cheating spouse asks for forgiveness they don't deserve and get it anyway!<br><br>

Sorry, this doesn't count as a true Loving Wives story.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Good story

It is not reality, but a pact would reinforce the vows taken when lovers marry. It does seem that one or the other spouses can easily forget those vows when they quit meaning them. I know my first wife never took them as seriously as I did. Unfortunately, love is not everlasting and not everyone is loyal or honorable in respecting them... Those are concepts that are not as meaningful as they once were.

I still have trouble with the concept of "Friends with Benefits" that younger people adhere to now days. Marriage has become somewhat old fashioned for over half the younger people I have heard... Even my own twenty-some daughters feel that it is better to live with someone rather than marry and commit. Sometimes I wonder if I have to agree. I have suffered sometimes through 45 years of marriage to two different women because of my commitments and vows... Vows that meant less to them than me. Still, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not as incredulous as you may think!

This was the peer pressure of the 50’s and before, sans Hollywood and the fast set. When a woman cheated and it became known, she often was ostracized. Nice girls did not date married, separated or divorced men. It’s hard to believe, but true. While many did engage in premarital sex, it was with their intended, usually shortly before they were married. I liked your story, even though I thought that the characters were two dimensional. Why was Shannon not married? She appears as a rescuer then avenger without a past to explain it. Also, why did Dan cheat with Andrea? Anyway, thanks for your story -Ttom

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
Grand Story

Having lived through an era where ostracizing an Adulter or Adulteress was a standard thing,. I have seen this in action. The only time I saw a lapse in this belief was during WW11 when normal societal rules were suspended during absolutely abnormal times. To me the vows that my wife and I made 53 years ago were there to be kept and I have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe that she thinks any differently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Beautiful!

Now if we could only get the real world to act this way .........

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Yes, if only......................

But I don't think the writer knows women that well, they are more competitive among each other than men. No team work skills.

vestspetvestspetover 12 years ago
good job

Clever of you to alter the formula - wife cheats, husband finds out, husband either accepts or "burns the bitch" and her lover.

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 12 years ago
I love this...

To tell you the truth, it could have been written better, (more dialogue, more emotion)but the concept of the story is fantastic. You get 5* from me.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
Second time through

Reading this for the second time and something evil ocurred to me. The pact is....

"Remember the pact we made about the sisterhood? How none of us would ever cheat with a married man because of the sisterhood?"

Note that the pact says nothing about non-married men or any woman for that matter. So it is not a fidelity pact as it has loopholes. Liked the story gave it a *****

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

Wishful thinking. If only all women were so committed.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 11 years ago
Cute and entertaining

which is what a story should be. 5

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 11 years ago
ORIGINAL

Well worth a 5.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Dan and Andrea

After winning the Powerball Lottery are living well in Aurba, Riviera, Manaco etc.... Go figure :):):)

saratusaratuover 10 years ago
Truly,,,,,

well worth a 5, I enjoyed this story very much.

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
excellent!

I love this story !

A galaxy of stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

truly loved this story . well worth the 5 stars ,

shame there can be no similar " pact " for men ...

would be real nice if every male predator/manipulator/scumbag got the same treatment depicted in this story .

Rather than most men thinking he was some sort of Adonis.

TwistedOliver

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I love people that have

moral fibre and backbone! The world needs more people like Shannon.

As far as I'm concerned, family is only family when they act like it. They say that you can choose your friends, but not your family. Not true! If they have no morals, then they stop being family.

When I was 16, I learned my older brother was cheating on his wife. I told him that day that he was no longer my brother, and to never call or visit, because we were done! I told his wife that she was and will always be welcome in our family. I may have lost a worthless brother that day, but I gained a wonderful sister. My family told her that we don't consider her to be a sister in law, she is our sister, period!

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Almost a 5*...

Good story...About having morals and respect...Friends that are real friends never would hurt each others, even if they have to go against their feelings...

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also,

@1Thinkingman made a very valid point!

The 'Sisterhood Pact' said that they would never sleep with a MARRIED man! It said nothing about the 'Sisters' being married! It said nothing about if THEY decided to cheat themselves! Just not with a married man. But is a single guy o.k., even if she is married herself? What about with another woman's boyfriend? What about with a guy that's engaged to be married?

Actually, just looking at the wording, it says that they 'Won't cheat with a Married man'. Won't cheat? Does that mean they don't mind cheating themselves? Just not with another woman's husband? But a boyfriend or fiance is permissible?

I know that was not the intent of the story, just that the wording allows for a loophole. I take the story as it was most likely intended, and I thank the author for it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

How stupid can you be, cheating with your sister's husband? Great tale about consequences and everyone bonding with a common cause. It should really exist.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
It's a nice fantasy, but

Unfortunately, in real life the "pact" is usually that everyone in the cheaters' social circles side with the cheaters and come together to make the wronged spouses' lives as miserable as they can possibly get.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
it is too bad the Pact is needed

Aren't the commitments made at marriage supposed to cover this? And, it is my understanding, when getting married there is no exclusion clause for cheating with someone that is single.

And yet,

Perhaps the best way to think of the Pact (for both men and women) is as a support group. A very powerful support group.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
People need discipline

For some, it is easy to forget your values and your honor when temptation is at hand. It is human nature to be tempted, and unfortunately to fail. For those that lack self control, but are willing to submit to group discipline, they may be able to overcome temptation and maintain their honor. It takes staying in touch with the group, and following the rules. It is a small price to pay to hold your life together.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
WHAT THIS ACCOMPLISHED

is like the opening credits on cheaters. If only this could/would become viral. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
We're Supposed To Already Have This

...and a "Brotherhood Pact." It's called "True Friends." I can imagine the guy version being like what my brothers would do to me if they found out I cheated on one of their favorite sisters-in-law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not bad...

But not quite finished! What happened to Don and Andrea??? Chances are they didn't last very long!

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
A Fine Job!

Talk about an original story, here you have it. It's a shame that a pact like this is needed, but it definitely is. Even though you usually have the first pact, that one is called marriage vows, and is a pact between one man and one woman.Thank you for a creative and original story.

Tiger27Tiger27about 6 years ago
Wow!

Great story!!! Again........ WOW!......... 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Dumber than a stump

Dan found a new job after getting an excellent recommendation from his boss, he and Andrea moved and lived happily ever after. Both sued all the women involved and were awarded large settlements from each. All the men got together, agreed to support one another and by the time the women had filed for divorces, assets had disappeared, mortgages on houses had been maxed out and the money had disappeared. Husbands appeared to have no jobs so no alimony was awarded. The husbands all hired the same lawyer to save tons of money and the women were left with little or nothing. All were forced to move away or move in with their parents. All were shunned and no man would date them as word got around. No men would EVER sign a pact like that. Not even in a fictional story. Laughably bad story.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 5 years ago
Dumber than a stump. Anony?

Yes, you are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To dumber

These attitudes that you call dumber than a stump is what fine story telling is about. Think of the scarlet letter, or hell the Bible. These stories have morals, which adds to the story. For you to be offended by some morality, shows more about your character then any story. Good luck with your version of events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

here here exjock!

totaly agree.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
If only

There was such a thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The pact

Says they won't sleep with a married man. It says nothing about single guys. Are they OK with fucking a whole football team, as long as they are single? The Sisterhood Pact seems to allow the women to cheat on their husbands all they want, so long as the guys they fuck aren't married.

Also, wasn't Donna fucking a married man for years? Her husband:)

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 3 years ago
The Pact is supplemented by marriage vows.

For single women, Anonymous 05/02/20 is correct.

For married women, the great majority of Christian, Jewish, and Muslim sects include something about "forsaking all others", or being a "faithful wife", or some other declaration of monogamy in their wedding vows. That promise makes the football [and women's soccer, etc.] teams safe from Pact-bound predators.

Mike_SxMike_Sxalmost 3 years ago

D**m, What a great story. We need more of this. There are too many individuals that have no integrity or do not uphold their vows.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

"There is a Sisterhood Pact among women. oh man can u imagen that would be very interesting. hell it probably be a woman's world instead of a man's world. i would read that book. this might have been better in the scifi cat though tbh

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

lol here u see cheating husbands can be just as stupid as cheating wives lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Justice accomplished !

Thanks !

LanmandragonLanmandragonover 1 year ago

That was uplifting, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice. I LIKE it!

.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don’t understand the reason for the pact when you take your marriage vows. I guess I’m old school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One more man who supports the Pact--and compliments the author for a well-told tale.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

That’s a bit different

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice job.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

I usually give 5 stars to decent BTB stories (either BTBitch or BTBastard), and hate the cheaters. But this story got 1 star from me, because as usual in the fucked up western society, the women signed a pact not to enable married men to cheat, but didn't want to, didn't feel the need to, and obviously didn't care to avoid cheating themselves. So as usual, women get everything while men get used, fucked over and neglected. This ruined the story for me. (and before someone replies that the opposite should have been responsibility of men to sign, don't forget - every man that gets cheated on, is someone's son; and usually brother. So, women care far more about random unrelated women than their own sons and brothers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous