The Solitary Arrow Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Behind them, Trevir emerged from the shadows of the house next to the Boar. He looked panicked and worried. Only one course of action stood forth in his mind, the one Harlen always advised him. He ran to the Pierced Boar and began pounding upon the door.

A few minutes later, a roused and very irritated Tammer answered the door. "What the blazes is it, lad?" Tammer said, his voice hoarse and tired-sounding.

"Master Harlen has ridden off with Hyandai's brother to Windir, the war is nigh." Tammer blurted out in a rush of words. "The good elves are outnumbered two to one!"

Tammer thought a moment, then told Trevir. "Go roust Balchek and Stimms." He said, naming the other two senior huntsmen, that formed, with Tammer, the committee that approved all the huntsmen in Morrovale.

Trevir nodded and took off at a run for Balchek's home on the west end of the village.

Tammer looked about, then up and down the street. He turned about and shut the tavern door.

Descending the stairs to his wine cellar, Tammer held forth a candle. By its flickering light, he reached behind one of the large beer storage kegs and pressed there. There was a loud click from well-oiled machinery and the keg lifted from the floor, revealing stairs downward.

He descended those stairs. As he gripped the door handle at the bottom he blew out the candle and opened the door, bright light filled this chamber, and two long rows of shelves.

"It's come to it, then, hasn't it?" He asked no one in particular.

********** Author's Notes **********

I would like to thank all the readers of The Solitary Arrow for their ongoing commentary and criticism regarding this work. I am constantly striving to better the quality of this tale and welcome all constructive criticism, suggestions, and corrections. (EDIT 1.0)