The Sutler Wagon Ch. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ronde
ronde
2,402 Followers

Marion held him tightly to her breast, and her tears stained his shirt. She sobbed, “Samuel, I do love you, more than anything in the world. I can’t imagine living without being with you. I didn’t say anything, because I didn’t know how you felt. I can’t bear the thought of you back in the war, with people trying to kill you again. I...I can’t lose you, not now, not when I know you love me.”

“I have to go tonight. What’s left of our brave rebels are bound to be forming up somewhere, and John and I are going to find them. We will lose, but at least we will lose as men fighting for what we believe in, not as cowards.”

“Tonight! No! Please, not tonight. I-”

The door opened and John walked into the parlor. His voice quavered as he said, “Marion, we must leave, and Janet needs you. Samuel, let’s be on our way.”

As they left the house, Marion went to Janet’s room and found her standing at the window, looking into the night through tear-filled, unseeing eyes. Marion stood beside her and watched as the two men walked into the darkness, walking toward an uncertain, dangerous future that none of them could predict any more than avoid. She placed an arm around Janet’s waist, and felt the small, shaking movements of her silent sobs. “They’ll come back to us, Janet. They just have to come back. We love them so much, nothing can happen to them again.”

To Be Continued...

ronde
ronde
2,402 Followers