All Comments on 'The Things We Leave Behind'

by Bigdenverman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
easylivineasylivinover 16 years ago
Simply Said

Seldom does truth need to be expounded upon (the lowest common denominator). Thank you for this great example of true writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very Good

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about life with us.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
pain

it hurts that you gave hints that there would be more words about sharon. you did say she was always in his mind, but apparently there was no efforts by either to meet again

a death, an obituary, yes it can be a chance to reconnect, to at least appear in the background at the funeral.

but you did not pursue that option.

nor did you give mention of any age gap between the two of them...love between close peers might be one thing, between two separated by a decade or more another

you did well, but what you wrote could have been better.

but i did appreciate what you offered us

H

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:( no

Didn't like it much.. stinks of double morals.. Going to church at Sunday, whoring in the weekdays.. Try for a backbone instead.. I know, you don't want to hear this.. sorry :) Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very moving

story and mabe it is all about what life really is.It means leaving the world a better place than when you entered it and also leaving things for the next generations that makes things easier for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really enjoyed this one

I don't think this reeks of double standards - I think it reeks of humanity. We are who we are, foibles and all; we're not perfect, we're not flawless. What we occasionally fail to realize, in the midst of being as human as we are, is our actions don't only affect ourselves, they affect (in some way) many of those around us. We never really outgrow the notion that what we do today has no long-term affect on tomorrow - but often (and usually) it does.

I'm a bit late to the party on comments, but I had to leave one. I really liked this story. No, it's not perfectly written (indeed, the lack of perfection is a little ironic), but that's not its point. Its not about perfection - its about our lack of it. Thanks for making us all think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Brilliant

Thank You

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
Enjoyed it very much

A bit of a dark theme but very well done. It touched me on many levels and thank you for your effort and your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Legacy

Thank you for this wonderful story, a reminder of our lives. One can throw brickbats at prevailing morals, or one can question gender discrimination and so on. At the core, our mortal lives have many aspects. We are never fulfilled and we are far from perfect. But, if we strive to make an effort, we leave a legacy that can last a while. The worms and microbes take us away, though, at times, the bones simply refuse to disintegrate. You have taken the trouble to show us an insight into ourselves. This is not the place to moralize, but perhaps reflect. In the midst of all our sexual energy, wants and needs, the seeds (pun intended) we scatter leave an indelible mark.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Legacy

And lest I forget, the taste of a woman's anus. There is something diabolically naughty and dirty about it. I'm not a scatology fan, but the hint, the combination and the ability to hold the woman, in such high esteem, by this atavistic act, is simply mind boggling. It is a good one Denver chappy!

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****Very entertaining read with a great storyline. This was a very thought provoking read to me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous