All Comments on 'The Way Back Ch. 08'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Must say,

this is becoming one of the better stories I have ever read on this site. As in some of the other readers this is coming in too small of chunks to satisfy my mind. Sign of a well spun tale I believe.

Now for my input: I believe there is another bad guy (gal?) that is yet exposed. Possibly one of the women but most likely one of the main characters close to Allen. A hidden silent partner of the other business that has been doing less than stellar performance as Allen's competition? I guess I'll tune in and read the rest as it unfolds. Oh, please!! A little quicker or a few more pages? Excellent work, Fuddpucker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good..

So Ann it is!! I truely appreciate the twists in the story which make it exciting. I only hope Allan gets back with Trish. Ann was a typical manipulator and may have used funds from Derek's account to get rid of Allan. I still don't understand why these C***** can't divorce if they are no more in love with their husbands and move on or at least communicate their unhappiness to their hubands whom they claim to be their partners, best friend etc, instead carry on cheating behind their back and tuely once you are involved in physical intimacy with another person no way the love for your husband it pure. if you truely love somebody you will think twice before you do anything that might hurt them, and Ann here clearly doesn't deserve any sympathy from me. the real victim here is Allan who lost his identity , love , family etc and the two ladies who helped him - only trish was unselfish on her part. people say its a man's world and it is totally bullshit!! it has been woman who have been manipulation men to get what they want. I am no anti-feminist as such, i truely appreciate gender equality in all aspects of life but in the name of liberating themselves women are taking it too far. look at this story - sarah, viv, ann, trish and jenny all have had their own motives , how they manipulate men. yes jenny needed help but how easily she fell for peter and viv supporting Ann all the time, trish knew Allan needed her till atleast he settled down with his family but she went ahead with her plans ( though i don't blame her). may be the desire for another woman made Derek do what he did. what i mean is ppl should stop pointing tht the world is biased towards men when there are woman who are running it in the background.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just a question

He now has Derek confessing to his attempted murder on tape. Why didn't he turn it over to the police or to his friends when they met? Makes no sense to me. Otherwise, great story so far.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
More stirring of the pot

Everything that happened could have been said in three paragraphs.

Alwaysraining, you have become a tease!

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Allan doth protest too much

How many times has he said he is a one woman man, bound by a sense of loyalty and commitment, while at the same time bedding both Trish and Jenny?

Trish came to him for a session of no faults healing sex with no long term prospects. They professed that it became more and yet he moved back "home" to Sale and she eventually went back to her family in NZ.

Simultaneously Allan began a full on relationship with Jenny. A damaged young lacy who needed him for confidence and healing. She reconciled with her parents, became a strong sales presenter, and eventually forgave the Uncle who raped and abused her.

Does anything sound familiar here?

So much for not being able to have more than one woman at a time! But it was OK for him because . . .

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
yes rightback

he wouldn't have done it if he was normal and not dependent on somebody leading his everday life, it was Trish who pushed allan towards jenny and what other women did he sleep with? care to remind... yes Jenny a very bright saleswoman had not clue she was being setup!! moreover he was single right?? trish slept slept with tom while being with allan, how abt that?? yes allan should have made it clear to Trish that he would not continue to be intimate with her if he was to move on with Jenny, I agree here, but it was clearly not his choice, every woman has manipulated him in this saga till now. how abt Ann sleeping with derek before divorce was finalized ... so much for loyalty!!

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
Very disapointing chapter

What started off as a crisp and concise story is now spinning its wheels and feels like it's been dragged out just for the sake of reaching 10 chapters. The amount of twists and turns are starting to hurt the story and it feels like information that is obvious to Allan is being withheld from the reader.

Even worse is that the story is turning into an unrealistic farce. No one is as forgiving as Allan is being portrayed. After learning that Jenny, one of the few people who knows all of the details of what happened to him, has lied, cheated and betrayed him, we're ment to believe he can forgive her almost instantly and also remain friends with her? When the author listed Allan's injuries in chapter 1 he left out he also lost his pride, self respect and backbone. Jenny being setup is irrelevant as she choose to lie, cheat and sneak around behind his back with Peter. Fuck her.

David doesn't bat an eyelid when his close friends girlfriend turns up for dinner with another man? WTF! And how many fucking times does Allan have to tell Viv to stay the fuck out of his personal life? But it's ok as Jesus, er, I mean Allan is just busting with forgiveness.

Ann once again proves what a worthless bitch she is. Sadly the way this story is going, I can see a lame reconciliation ending.

redlion75redlion75about 10 years ago

so disappointed in how he lost jenny even though i saw when he came to the flat with ann.like others have said he is such a pussy when it come to these women pushing him around.with all he as been thru for him to just roll over and say sure go ahead and fuck me while i give you emotional support,but you give your love to somebody else.jenny should have never been put together with peter cause now she is in the middle where ann is concerned when ann cheating for months before the attack comes out could she stay with peter knowing she would have to see ann?or can she still work for allan knowing the man she is sleeping with has a sister that hurt hr boss and friend?now we just need to read the last chapter to see how much of a pussy he is for the next woman to come along while derek and friends go to prison and ann swallows a bunch of sleeping pills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So far so good

Good story so far. Getting a bit long winded though. Wheels spinning and whatnot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a lot of run around,about nothing

you prolonging the story.

masterj32202masterj32202about 10 years ago
Ann

If Alan has even one brain cell, reconciliation is impossible. Let's give Ann the benefit of the doubt, for a moment. She was totally 'innocent', let's say. What happens when the next underdog comes along? Painting her in the best light, she still can't be trusted.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 10 years ago

You are delaying for the sake of delaying. These 6 chapters should have been 3. Too much lame side plots and repetition. Just finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
masterj32202

"She was totally 'innocent', let's say. " - it came directly from derek's mouth that she was seeing him and fucking him for some time before Allan dissappeared, so how can she be innocent?? is derek lieing abt her, i dont think so and i hope he was trying to humiliate Allan but still her fucking derek two nights even knowing that derek is guilty of something is totally absurd and she can't be trusted after that. if mrs fanshaw confirms that it was Ann who was the cause for her divorce, then game, set and match .... Ann is history for Allan when she decided to have so little trust abt her husband of 20 years and blindly believed some prick/jerk instead of seeking him out. after a shock like that it takes years to trust somebody before getting into relationship with somebody and Ann decided even before her divorce was final, how on earth can she be innocent?? i hope trish comes to her senses and come back for Allan and what with Allan still looking ugly when he is affluent to get his face fixed to a decent looking one....

dreamer213dreamer213about 10 years ago

all the characters are getting annoying

masterj32202masterj32202about 10 years ago
Anonymous

It wasn't my intent to say she was innocent. It was in quotes, it was to prove a point. Even if she were, she still couldn't be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Derek's just another patsy

Unless there's a twist in the story all the evidence is pointing towards Anne as being the mastermind behind the attack on Allan with Derek being the willing accomplice who will be going down for the crime.

And why is Allan withholding evidence? Simple, he's going to confirm his suspicions and then get payback.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The fourth conspirator

A few chapters back when discussing the money trail, I recall it was suggested that a fourth person received 10,000 Pounds. I presume Ann is not in on it, so who was the fourth? I don't see David as being involved as he really had nothing to gain. My guess, Geoff?

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

Good story, but I agree with some other comments that the story is dragging on a bit. The meeting with Stephanie Fanshaw should have occurred by now and the progress of the true relationship with Ann is still not resolved. Contrary to others, I don't think that Ann is behind what happen to Allan and enough hints about her character traits have been presented to see why she is so conflicted. I will say that if Ann was indeed having sex with Derek before the attack he should put her in the rear view mirror and move on with life. It would be a disappointment if he takes her back.

angiesloverangiesloverabout 10 years ago
great story

keep it coming, just the right speed can't wait for the final acts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Great story, can't wait for each new chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Almost A.Christie-like with hints in all directions but nothing will be solved until the final showdown. Drats, where is the butler when you need one?

Can't help feeling a little strung-along for the sake of reaching the big 10, but at least the chapters are coming fast, so that's good.

Thx 4 sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A Very Good Read

I've been looking forward to reading a new chapter every morning, and I've really enjoyed it. I have to say that yes, it's fiction, but the scene with Derek visiting Allen in his office, and the dialogue between Derek and Allen, with Geoff as witness, was hardly believable. I'm sure it provides some function for future plot elements, but come on...

Taken to date as a whole, it is a really good read! My compliments.

Sidney43Sidney43about 10 years ago

Since my earlier comment I have been pondering something. When Derek was in Allan's office, he said that he was much better in bed than Allan was and this may have been a reason for the alleged affair between he and Anne. Now, Derek has been portrayed as always being truthful by Anne and others as I recall, so why would he be lying here, other than to aggravate Allan?

This of course flies in the face of what Allan's own daughter (Greta) has said about the amount of noise coming from the bedroom when each man was with Anne. Are we to assume that Trish had to teach Allan everything sex included, or was he naturally gifted in the bedroom? Or, was Allan a bit of a dud and boring in his years of marriage? Is this statement by Derek another red herring, or mere bravado from a man who thinks he is losing everything he values and simply wants to hurt the man who he thought he had beaten (no pun intended)?

Rawmaster50Rawmaster50about 10 years ago
Like the story 5 stars

I do feel it is being a bit stretched out, but you have a lot to say here and we still have to know more of the story. The funds being used to pay for Allan's attack seems a little clumsy, but smarter men than Derek have made larger errors. As for his (Derek's) 'confession', well, I do not know British criminal procedures and rules of evidence. American has what is called, 'Spontaneous Utterance" (something like that) which is allowable and as Allan is a civilian,under no Miranda Warning type of Law. Maybe someone can enlighten the readers on the subject. Thank you for a very entertaining read, even if I as an old man would like to keep Jenny around. ;)

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 10 years ago
Very neatly done!

Jenny is now out of the way and Ann again shows she'd rather manipulate than communicate. The reconciliation is almost a certainty, but how will Alwaysraining manage to rehabilitate Ann? At this point, everything seems to indicate she had an affair with Derek. She was either complicit in, or the mastermind of, the plot to attack Allan. She has repeatedly disrespected Allan and shown her 'loyalty' to Derek. No man worthy of the name would take this psycho back. Therefore, I'm convinced that's exactly what's going to happen, even if it takes another 5 or 6 chapters. Not only will he take her back, he'll probably save her life in the bargain. I can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
anon re: allan

I understand what you are saying, I meant only that all parties are painted as flawed, wounded, needing some form of healing, both male and female. Trish took on project Allan to help him build self esteem, get healthy emotionally and physically. It started as no strings but neither could let it stay that way. She tried to have a committed relationship for the first time in years. I say tried, because of her one time dalliance with Tim that she immediately regretted. What was Allan's reaction when Trish told him and when he met Tim? Allan tried to heal the wounds in Jenny caused her abusing uncle. And she developed feelings for Peter and felt that they were wrong to have. What was his reaction when Jenny told him about Peter? But Ann, who believed she had been abandoned, thought of Derek as an under dog, wounded, needy, possessive, jealous, and adoring to the extreme, is Criticized for having split loyalties/feelings. A lot of broken wings in this complicated morass. Allan gets a pass and a twofer going back and forth between Trish and Jenny while railing against Ann for her mixed feelings or misplaced loyalty to Derek. How many times has Allan stressed that she is no longer his wife and is in a relationship with Derek? (We will have to wait another day or two to find out the history of that relationship, i.e. when it started, and her role, if any, in the conspiracy.) I am not defending her, only saying there is a perception of guilt before conviction, to use Allan's words, and a bit of a double standard.

btw, I too am curious to learn who the 4th person was that got a 10,000 pound payout. (Sorry, my keyboard doesn't have the pound sign.)

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Great Story

It really reads well!

I would think that the tape should have been the end of all. After all, as I read it,

Derek indirectly confessed to having him "murdered". Furthermore it is clear that Ann was having an affair before he disappeared. The big questions are, did someone (Ann?) use Derek's accounts, who is the fourth payoff for, and if there is someone else setting everyone up.

What bothers me is that title which sounds like an RACC tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Its time for the big reveal and Trish to return...

I am glad Jenny is gone, but wish she was more upfront with Allan about her feeling for him since he's done so much for her. I dislike Ann more every chapter and hope she was involved in his murder plot and Trish returns to comfort him and his kids.

I am not sure why i comment knowing the story is probably already submitted to be posted completely by weeks end.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
rightbank re-Allan

Allan gets a pass of sorts for the very simple reason that not only is he is divorced but Trish and Jenny were happy to be in the semi 3 way relationship with him. Trish did screw Tim while drunk but confessed the very next day to Allan unlike Jenny who lied and cheated on him a few times before getting caught.

Ann on the other hand has been nothing but a disloyal bitch. Taking into account only what we the reader know as fact we see she gave up the search for her missing husband of 20 years very quickly, refused to speak with him when he returned, tried to destroy his company, refuses to even consider any evidence against Derek no matter how damming it is, has constantly made Allan out to be a liar and lied to him about being done with Derek how many times now but always seems to find a reason to run back to his bed.

Allan has said she was free to do as she wishes but it's Ann who repeatedly claimed to only want her husband back and wants nothing more to do with Derek but then plots to destroy Allan's relationship with Jenny and continues to fuck Derek.

The big problem with this story is that Trish is the only one who has acted in a realistic way. Allan should be full of anger over what happened to him yet almost immediately forgives those who betray him. Jenny turns on the man who saved her from being raped and helped deal with her abusive past at the drop of a hat. And Ann who shows zero fucking loyalty to her husband of 20 years and farther of her children.

This is why RAC stories tend to suck balls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I do not believe that Geoff is the missing conspirator. He has a 20% share of a multi million dollar company. He doesn't need the money (10,000 pounds). Unless there are things we are not privy to, it is unlikely they will be discovered in the last 2 chapters

qhml1qhml1about 10 years ago
Really an excellent story.

Top notch, professional grade writing. I'm as curious as everyone how it will end. My opinion is Ann is behind the whole thing. David seems an idiot, a perfect fall guy. The tall man that handled the money? Has to be her brother Peter.

I could be wrong. I usually am. Still an, excellent story. I guess I'll find out how close I was when the end comes.

Tootsall222Tootsall222about 10 years ago
Two episodes to go...

one being the visit to the ex Mrs. Fanshaw and the last being the court case and final disposition of affections. Let's have 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I read ch.9 and find anns behavior strange. she refuses to believe allan about Derek .she keeps fucking him thought she claims to love allan ,she has Derek come over to the house to talk to allan and explain his actions claiming what he did was to save ann . after the talk ann hugged him and kissed him when he got up to leave, yet the night later after allan and her had their talk when he got up to go she just brushed her lips against his .the man she supposedly loves and want back in her life. the investigators Stephanie hired took the photos before dereks divorce ,not after. the twice a week visits and the meetings in pubs and motels were before the divorce not after like ann explained to allan. I think ann Derek and the tall man martin sharrocks were in on allan attempted murder.

tompo296tompo296about 10 years ago
Such a Brilliant Story

I love this story for all its twists and turns, and the comments that previous readers have made on their interpretation of how the story has unfolded so far, just awesome. I cannot wait to continue with the final chapters.

Point of information:- 'The Swan with Two Nicks' refers to the practice of 'nicking' the beaks of a swan to show its owner, similar to branding. It has nothing to do with feathers. You will not find a pub with the name 'The swan with one nick'!!

http://www.theswanwithtwonicks.co.uk/page/swan_history

C_frommnC_frommnabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Can't wait to read more and see what come's out of the meeting with Staphanie Fanshaw.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving it

five stars. Overall great. It frustrates me that these two continue to be on the verge of talking, only to pull back for some trivial reason. If you have them Schedule a time to talk, have them talk. The constant delays come across as a ploy to extend the story. Just nit-picking, an inevitability with a story so lengthy.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Totally Outstanding.

This story is one of the absolutely best I have read on this site, and I have read many. Exceptional, complicated plot and absorbing characters with the best dialogue to be found.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hypocrite

I like the story, but Allen is a hypocrite. He mentioned his good values, faithfulness being number one. He expects two women to share him, but he won’t share a woman with anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Allan is spineless

The bad guys must have yanked out his spine during his beating. With the exception of Trish, every woman in this story has done him dirty and he just smiles and asks for more. I can see this RAAC coming a mile off; Ann will have a "simple" explanation for everything and he'll go running back to her.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Allan needs

New friends, the women are all bitches.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Ann is a duplicitous, skanky whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL his women agreed to share him because there was no long term relationship. His part of the relationships was always known to all.

His women all were loyal when it suited them other than when they were not. He is the broken smashed amnesiac who gets no understanding.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very interesting but overall, too long

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 1 year ago

Allen is far too trusting and forgiving. So many people in his life need to be kicked to the curb!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Ann is less attractive than explosive diarrhea.

She is a lying, backstabbing whore.

The problem with this author is his wives are so incredibly slimy as to make everyone wonder why anyone would be interested.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Still a point where the actions of all the women around him who claim to love him dearly need a ton of rationalization.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories