The Whore, The Hunter & Enkidu

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wordlessly he wondered at at her offer.. Setting aside the promise of passion and release he realized he wanted more than copulation with a temple whore.

Speaking now In his turn He rose and said, "It's true that I burn with passion and desire but before I would gorge my burning need filling fertile womb with living seed I would first Satisfy my curiosity."

"I am a plain man and for this I ask forgiveness. being artless and naïve in the ways of spoken diplomacy, Should I consider such an offer as a token of affection or contempt?"

Shamhat started at this But the hunter Continued speaking, "If you are more than the sum of hair and soft skin that looks so fair to those who can only see you as a whore Can I not be more than just a man?"

"I have seen far past the artless curls of your feminine snares, looked deep into the eyes of an innocent girl and explored the subterranean labyrinth of an remarkable woman."

"I would give you adulation, my devoted love besides respect and admiration circumspect as befits a proper bride. You offer copulation as a trifle set to please an empty-headed hunter given to appease."

At this Shamhat cried out in pain. Catching a sob before it became a torrent of tears. Her pulse throbbing, Glowing with frenzied ire. she turned and pummeled his broad chest with the petite patter of feminine fury.

The hunter endured her puny blows half smiling until, at last her anger spent she collapsed into his arms Sobbing "What would you have me offer you?"

Placing strong hands on slight shoulders, the hunter spoke but one word, "Children". turned and sat again in fading firelight listening to the wind bending branches unseen as they whispered in the night.

Shamhat felt her soul turn over inside her body. Hearing true love speak secret longing perpetually denied. naming true desire. She tried desperately to hide her confusion sinking shivering alongside the dying fire.

Weakly she asked "How can such a yearning be the honest calling of your heart?" What of the creature we are stalking, the reason we are walking these rustic paths which soon must part?"

The hunter smiled And said: "It is true you have lain with many men yet I beg your boon on bending knee that after final beast you do subdue you return to me and I to you."

Far away in the night came the cry of an owl winging its appointed rounds Shamhat sat in stupefied silence listening to this sound while deep within the high walls protecting her heart began to crumble.

Her face clouded with doubt and concern as the hunters words assaulted protective walls she had vaulted round about her loving heart. Finally, he spoke, "Well, what say you?"

The camp was dark. The fire was cold. When Shamhat spoke her voice sounded old and tired as she told the hunter of the training she had undergone for many years in the house of the harlot goddess.

"Cherished hunter, I was taught the only reason Aruru created from spit and clay the female was an afterthought to lie under men and receive their urgent passion."

"In the house of the goddess I was trained to gird my heart round about with stout detachment unaffected by the cries and whispers of impassioned suitors."

Shamhat then told the hunter a Great Lie "I can't return the love you give Like a bird I must be free rethink my offer that you spurn I would have you sleep with me."

Her heart sank as the hunter rose to clasp her in his arms breathing in her womanly scent. She shivered as he whispered rough in her ear "One night is simply not enough."

He then released her from his warm embrace and without a trace of rancor wrapped himself In his cloak promptly falling asleep he left Shamhat shivering and elated in the cool night.

They rose in the light of a new dawn each loath to speak of what had happened between them the night before this lovelorn hunter and reluctant whore

When they entered the village of the hunter all the people came out of their homes And looked with wonder at the hunter and the beautiful girl.

He brought her to his home and introduced her to his father and his brothers Saying "This courtesan, a cherished lady has come to subdue the wild man."

Seeing his love and the tears he tried to hide Shamhat pulled him aside She took both his hands in hers saying "Honored sir, cherished friend, hear now my words."

The hunter interrupted saying: Precious lady From you I sought carnal fire taking my fill with erotic desire working my will for passions pleasure but you've become a priceless treasure."

"If my tears do fall and fall they must as I send you out to evoke the lust of a wild creature unknown to any a bride sacrificed for the good of many."

Now Shamhat spoke again, her face wet with her own tears she sought to calm his fears as her heart broke Holding both of his hands and gazing up as she spoke:

"All I wanted was to be touched not taken sought after and not forsaken at the end of passions fire not to be cast aside and neglected. This desire has been respected."

"Had I known honored sir that my heart thickened and hardened through many vain couplings would open like a rose in the rain..." Here Shamhat dissolved in sobs.

The hunter held her close whispering in her ear "If you fear my wrath for what you now must do your fear is groundless I'll wait for you."

Shamhat replied With a shrug And a sigh Her tears still Falling "I believe dear sir I love you more But is it not appalling To see your bride A whore?."

The hunter now Gave sweet reply "If worshiped woman a bride you'll be complete your duty then come back to me For I too have slept In Ishtar's home Now will you just be mine alone?."

With a cry Of joy Shamhat Embraced The hunter And then Looking into His eyes asked "Forever?" nodding, he kissed her forehead.

So with tears and a chaste kiss their compact complete, hand in hand they walked to meet the wild creature face to face. They went down to Enkidu's watering place.

Shamhat Turned to the Hunter saying "Now my love successful suitor dear I think it best you leave me here thus to use this one last time a harlots loving skills refined."

He left her with food and drink there beside the still reflecting water. She sat in a shady glade listening to the wind in the trees.

Three days she sat and waited. Every morning before sunrise she would bathe In the sweet water. Drying her body she touched her skin with the scent of cedar and roses.

As the sun rose she would sit in the soft light of dawn braiding her hair in cunning designs woven with gold, silver and precious adornments.

In the breaking day she clothed her exquisite body in such a way that no man could hope to resist or ignore her charms.

She spent the days singing and dreaming of her true love the hunter. and in memories she enjoyed without regret of her former life in the house of Ishtar.

On the evening of the third day Enkidu came to the water to drink with the wild animals as the sun crept toward the horizon.

Shamhat sat motionless on the other side of the water. singing sweetly of the love between men and women. Enkidu looked upon her and edged closer.

Shamhat now untied her braid so her hair fell unafraid over her white shoulders a lovely view a shining spill falling to her waist and Enkidu edged closer still.

She loosened her robe letting it fall revealing without haste the shadows between her breasts and just a hint of their fullness and grace.

All the time Enkidu had been moving close as he dared His eyes slit nostrils flared as she bent his olfactory wit imbuing it with womanly scent

Forgetful now, he was unaware that the wild beasts had left and birds flown leaving him alone, unafraid of any harm in silent awe of all her charm.

Now Shamhat Let her robe slide from her slender shoulders revealing her soft breasts. Proud sisters; both were calling to Enkidu.

At last speechless he stood before her. in the setting sun as countless men had also done. Whispering to him, "Here comes something and it feels so good" She took his hand in hers and before him naked stood.

Their love endured for seven days and six nights. He spent his seed manhood's might relieving fiery need In heated rut with Shamhat the former temple slut. While in a painful torment sat The gentle hunter in his hut.

She taught Enkidu the language of love and the language of men. As again and again they trampled the grass flat in the clearing where Enkidu mated with Shamhat.

At last, her wanton work was complete leaving Enkidu replete with satisfaction. They tumbled into a deep slumber in the late afternoon Far away lightening flickered and the sound of thunder faintly rumbled.

She was still there in the morning when he awoke. His mind had cleared and now he spoke: "Where are my companions who came with me when first your face I did see?"

Shamhat replied "Dear sir when first you came to me no companions did I see. A herd of beasts with you did bring to taste the water of this spring.

"Where they hide I do not know Please abide with me and I will show the ways of men to you this day their cunning skill so you may understand their will and all their ways."

Enkidu leapt to his feet his tears did fall. His heart beat like a drum In his chest as he tried to think of the best way to track the departed herd and then go back.

He departed leaving Shamhat clutching her robe nearly unclad. Now alone dirty, sad and weak She watched him as he did depart to pursue and seek relentless urging of his heart.

He found the herd many miles away. Without a word he ran to join them at their play. But scenting an an awful stench the lingering fragrance of the temple wench Shamhat, they fled his presence.

He pursued selected creatures but by them also was rejected. They took flight and ran away directed by instinctive fear thinking that a man was near. No beast among them really knew it was only Enkidu.

Tears fell as he sat alone and apart. With no companion to soothe his heart abandoned as he had abandoned Shamhat. His spirit cried out for companionship.

Now at last he finally knew that the life he had lived before was for him to be no more. Angry now and irritated he sought the shore where he had mated and the temple whore still waited to teach him.

12