The Witch and the Dragon Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seth has had visions. So has Angel."

"Angel?" Zak sat up straighter in his bed. "Angel has visions?"

Devon nodded. "She's having lots of strange and disturbing dreams." Devon rose and strode toward the glass to look out into space. "I've had my own share of disturbing dreams... of falling, seeing myself not in a human body, but made of light."

Zak frowned, looking closely at his commander's luminous eyes in the reflection of the glass. The man was inhumanly perfect. Maybe he's a little more than human. Maybe...

Devon's voice interrupted his thoughts. "I'm reaching out, there's another like me falling ahead of... us. There are two more behind me... two below."

Devon went silent and still. Zak waited, almost holding his breath for he was seeing in his mind what Devon was describing. Five entities of pure energy, not light, but pure energy, falling, falling...

"W-what happens, Dev?"

Devon's fingers curled into fists on the glass as he hung his head. Taking a deep breath, he turned to face Zak, shaking his head. "Then there's nothing. Just darkness and" he lifted his arms, palms up, "nothing."

12