All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 14'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
Ah, we're geting close

The story proceeds apace. I cannot wait until we see how everything unfolds. We need Gordon to smack down some other idiots; those sections had me chuckling all the way through.

A high 5 for certain sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another Fine Chapter

I have a question, and maybe a suggestion. Once you reach the end of the manufacturing phase and begin the space travel phase of this story, perhaps you should begin with a new title as in a new adventure. Jules Verne did it when he went "From the Earth to the Moon" to "Around the Moon." You could come up with another interesting overall title that could play off of breaking Newton's Laws or advancing beyond Einstein's Theories--but this is just a suggestion. You are the writer, after all, and the choice is yours. How 'bout it, though?

I liked this chapter a lot. The story has advanced several years and progress has been made on the spacecraft and with the crews of technicians and specialists that work on it. I especially liked the scene with Delicious and the electricians--no one likes to admit that their particular expertise was the cause of a major dilemma so you know that they will be busting hump to get everything as perfect as possible this time around. However, nothing ever is perfect so I expect that there may be some small things that might go wrong (and hopefully will be dealt with before anyone is accidently killed).

Keep up the good work. It's nice having something worthwhile to look forward to.

Roger.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

Thank you for another great chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shocking moment of clarity!

I realized about page three I think that this story might actually end! That was a truly depressing thought.

That is about as high a praise as I can give an author. The thought of not having another chapter to read is totally depressing. But as usual you got 5 and loved every minute. Agreed with Bigg Mike, Gordon's smack down of the NRC was wonderful!

another Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep them coming

Each chapter joins the preceding ones in an impossible level of excellence. Delicious has matured, Gordon crackles like static and the story continues to captivate. Even though I know the chapters are one to two weeks apart, I have to check daily to see if just maybe you had a sleepless night and couldn't stop writing. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not ready for it to end

I have enjoyed 'the ride' so far. After jumping forward, I was looking for some mention of the IQs of the other children, do we have any other geniuses? Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This cannot be the end.

You started this. You got us all hooked. I've just GOT to know how how an 11yr old Gordon makes it through puberty...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

keep going more chapters this story has great so far i will give it 25 stars

AlunCarregTheWelshmanAlunCarregTheWelshmanover 9 years ago
your getting ahead of yourself

i know this is one of your best stories but your missing parts of your stories out ,ie gordons girlfriends what happend to them, resulting kidnapping attempts ect ect

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
still enjoying the story

P_D, I wanted to thank you for this series. It has been very enjoyable, especially because of the groaners and badliest jokes..

Not Science Fiction but Science Fantasy, Lit_erotica style. I've tried very hard to not snark or snipe over all the scientific errors. But your version of reality is so much fun!

One small complaint, where I have to agree with the other commentators. Are all the dangling plotlines that remain orphaned.

I just had a thought. As you overlap this story with your previous postings. Perhaps you could do the same, either as short stories or another series?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
what happened to miss junie penick?

What happened to Miss Junie Penick? Her Father? What about the attempts to derail the project? I know the senator was getting killed off but he couldnt have been the sole instigator or the only one that wants the project to fail? I am really enjoying this story. Im going to hate when it ends. Thank you so much for writting it.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10over 9 years agoAuthor
Give me a break guys! From Prolonged_Debut10

First thank you for your comments. After saying that, most of your comments tell me not to end this story because you like it so much. Then you asked me: what happened to Junie Penick,, Gordon's girlfriends, did the Colonel kill off the guy from the US house of representatives, did he have co-conspirators, and so on. If you want me to lengthen the story I can't answer these questions in one chapter. It's going to take me a time and a lot of effort to put a cohesive, believable storyline together that you will continue to enjoy. Given time, all these questions will be answered before 2016.

imsbillyimsbillyover 9 years ago
Great work.

This is one of the best stories I have ever look at here. There are a few places that could be edited to flow better, but overall it's a great piece of work. I really hope to see this one published. If it ever is, I'm buying 3 copies. I can't wait to see the what happens next.

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 9 years ago

I agree that there are several loose threads in the story and questions that should be answered. I have another one: Why has Delicious only had one child? I think 11 months is too soon to have another child for any woman, but she might manage them every 2-3 years. Unless they didn't want very young children on their space voyage.

I really enjoy this story except for the constant threats of hitting, spanking, and removal of sexual organs, even if the last is perversely humorous. Violence needs to cease to amuse us as a society.

JipsyJipsy6 months ago

Are you like any of your characters?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
1988 Followers
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...