All Comments on 'There's Another One'

by masustacy

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments
nyc1975nyc19754 months ago

First 5* I have given to a FS story

overwatcheroverwatcher4 months ago

Yep. Agree. Brilliant. As well as; Succinct. Colored within the lines. Nothing left out. Well done. 5. All day.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

we're getting close to 150 stories inspired by, alternate versions or continuations of February Sucks.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson4 months ago

Good analysis and a realistic version.

shopratshoprat4 months ago

Finally, something really new for FS. Nice job!

MightyheartMightyheart4 months ago

Good take on FS

Unique.

Loved it

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit4 months ago

Very well written...

johntcookseyjohntcooksey4 months ago

Socrates would approve. A well designed revelation of the ‘truth’. Thanks very much.

AardieAardie4 months ago

She had dinner with the guy and shared a kiss and never told her husband. I guess he forgave her because he loves her? Now he has to stay vigilant because he no longer trusts her.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter464 months ago

Just light enough. thanks

JRandyJJRandyJ4 months ago

The jest got from your tale is putting down other writers for their versions of Feb Sux. That is all this is, you cashing in on GA's original tale. I personally like reading the twist other writers have put to GA's original. I think he wrote it the way he did so people could run with it. The only thing you brought out in this one, your female character is a cheating Bitch. 2 stars.

114FSO114FSO4 months ago

Piss on the Entitled self centered bitch. If nothing else. prepare for the eventual journey of one's self, without the wife. Ship her to a Mexican whore house and hope for a return on investment. Simple at that. Only a matter of time until she decides her entitlment is greater than her commitment. Send her south........

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive4 months ago

Meta indeed. Seriously, this needs to be required reading for anyone even considering a Feb sux stab. Well done.

StrappySandalsStrappySandals4 months ago

I thought this was good...A humorous analysis of the entire "February Sucks" phenomenon, which I personally feel is over-worked!! And as much as i don't believe GA intended half the shit that was attributed to the story, it did set off an explosion in the incendiary LW category. But that's Luke serving up Viagra at a whore house...

justbobkcjustbobkc4 months ago

Some other author here mentioned "hypergamy" which certainly names the fact so many women are susceptible to unresistably attractive men - handsome alone isn't enough, high societal status of those men thru wealth and fame also applies. All included in the Lucifer Principle analysis of human beings and the Catch-22s of the human condition. This is a rather excellent meta story on the subject. 5 stars

TechumsahTechumsah4 months ago

Great writing and explanation. I had similar thoughts but I could not articulate them. I definitely could not turn them into a story.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed4 months ago

I liked the story, mostly because I did not treat it as a followup story. I saw this more in line as two amateur literary critics having dialogue in a fashion common to them in response to discovering a common thread in some of their readings. I appreciated most of its satirical moments, especially the manner in which some women use male insecurities to control a relationship. The husband’s acknowledgment of this by not using the tickets at the end.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit4 months ago

Nothing outlandish, just a good story. Well done.

MwestohioMwestohio4 months ago

Just excellent. I almost feel I need to reread the original to see if the points made are accurate

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now4 months ago

Very nice.

I love it.

imhaplessimhapless4 months ago

Since I hate how many unoriginal February Sucks stories that there are, and since this story is very well written, I couldn't possibly give it less than 5* -- and faovrite it!

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy4 months ago

Excellent analysis! Can we expect a flurry of "one off" February Sucks inspired stories?

TexasBBTexasBB4 months ago

Very much enjoyed it

Regguy69Regguy694 months ago

Really well done, thank you. RE: Linda, She is hated because she used her husband in a vicious way. She humiliated him and expected him to "suck it up," because men are taught to sacrifice everything for their family. She knew he would want to "do the right thing" for his children and she used that against him to selfishly fulfill her sexual fantasy and she did it without one ounce of remorse. She repeatedly relived her triumph by subjecting Jim to constant reminders of his humiliation - that's just pure evil. Yet, even in my own spoof of the GA classic, I had Jim staying with the kids until they matured enough to understand why he had to get away from their evil mother.

Rocky62Rocky624 months ago

Good direction, but he seems under reactive to her dalliance with Kurt and she handles being followed pretty calmly even though she was dipping her toes into the cheating pool. No banning of herfriend group? At least Amelia

LWLover60LWLover604 months ago

Most original take so fat - *****

Needs a sequel titled "Kurt's Got To Hurt", it was alluded to when they discussed revenge. So, how does an average guy get revenge and get away Scott free? It can be done, but don't ask me how due to keeping the "Scott free" part...

SlithyToveSlithyTove4 months ago

Almost a little too meta, but brilliantly done overall. This one has more originality -- while staying true to the original -- than almost all the other "tributes" combined, and does an excellent job at piercing deep into why people find Anderson's story so compelling.

BriteaseBritease4 months ago

Interesting but most unlikely

Chris Evans???? Get real. I hope?? Othwise I’ve been wasting my life

sdc97230sdc972304 months ago

Based on what I see in the news, the most realistic FS sequel would probably be a courtroom tale in which Jim is on trial for going back to the club some night when LaValliere is working on another hapless husband's wife and gunning him down. The prosecutor uses the events of FS to argue premeditation, while the defense uses the same events to argue that the betrayal by his wife and friends and the neverending public humiliation that followed because someone at that club videoed the seduction and Jim's reaction and posted it to YouTube, instagram, Tiktok, etc., caused Jim to lose his mind. Does the prosecutor's account of the undeniable facts of Jim's actions result in conviction, or does the defense manage to convince the jury that Jim's suffering was more than even the most mentally stable person could withstand and persuade them that the path to true justice is jury nullification and acquittal?

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermit4 months ago

Loved it. A lot of truth in this tale!

UnassignedUnassigned4 months ago

Very nice analysis of the February Sucks phenomenon. If the original wasn't so very well written, it would not have spawned the multitude of sequels. I did take away from the original that Linda did learn her lesson as well, ultimately, though perhaps not deeply enough to completely understand Jim's feelings and reaction. Her repeated confessions about how great the sex was with Mark (sometimes honesty goes a bit too far) didn't help.

.

The wife's obsession with the FS stories, always reading the next one despite knowing what disappointment awaits, is a bit like the definition of insanity (maybe the next one will be good!!) yet easily identifiable. I keep reading one particular author's submissions, despite knowing it will be yet another bone dry narrative in which the manly man successfully defends his marriage with his 1000% loyal <insert Latin American ethnicity here> wife, usually by beating someone who had the temerity to look twice at her. But maybe the next one . . .

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne4 months ago

That was a very fun read. I personally have about ten variations in various stages of completion. I know why I write them. GA's story sucked me in. I left a scathing comment and gave it a 1-star rating. Later I deleted the comment and changed my rating to 5 stars. I had unfocused anger for days. I know it was just a story, but it really did a number on my head. I read and write sequels to work out the anger. It worked.

/

For a while, I was Jim. The story was that good! I was imbued with anger. I know that if it happened to me, I would try to continue the marriage for the sake of the kids. But I would feel trapped in a miserable relationship. It would be like hiving sand and pebbles in your socks and underwear. The anger would bubble up unexpectedly. The magic would be gone. The music would be silent. I would dread going home and hearing her voice. I would stop showing affection and saying I love you, though I would return it. I would be cordial, but unlikely to engage. It would not be passive aggression. It would be because I didn't feel affection or any interest in her life. I might still love her, but I would no longer be "in love". She would simply become the mother unit. I would no longer invest in the house or the relationship. I would regard the relationship as temporary.

/

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker604 months ago

I loved the last paragraph. Ties everything in a bow. Well done. Five stars.

FD45FD454 months ago

The premise of the George Anderson story is ‘entitlement’. If we buy that ‘lunch’ which he relates as something he actually experienced, all the women agreed without collusion that ‘yeah, fucking Matt Rife is something owed to me as a hall pass.’ Do we have any reason to call GA a liar?

/

(Anecdote: Stranger in rental place telling me ‘If he is gone, I am single.’ 1992, so not a new attitude)

/

So we must agree that ‘I am owed this broken promise because (cocks sucked, children had, dishes washed, jokes laughed at)’ is at heart a narcissistic attitude.

/

And this is a stupid attitude. Men are mindful of the shit show divorce is for them. These days, men divorce for one reason: infidelity. Not lack of sex, being a shrew, obesity. What was it Laura Schlesinger said about infidelity: Women whine, men divorce.

/

And to throw this as a partner, under the rubric of ‘well, I consensual did this with Kirk, and now I will socially, morally and legally blackmail you to suck it up’ is an evil action: willful harm to another with an added soupçon of humiliation to boot.

/

So our oh so hip and intellectually smug MC wife was on the cusp of how many options of this ‘dark triad’? *. Is a man who cheats not a narcissist or are women who criticize such men misandrists?

/

Cliches are cliches for a reason.+

/

* And had the incredible stupidity to throw that Matt Rife comment 10 seconds after she was blatantly caught in rationalizing cheating and dating.

/

+ NGL, I viscerally hate the ‘I am dating next Friday’ stories. So mea culpa cause I read them a lot as outrage fodder

Harryin VAHarryin VA4 months ago

The premise of using the FS sub- genre or subcategory as a way of dealing with a more realistic husband and wife. Interaction is brilliant and unique. .

.

Is the point That we don't know anything about Lindas character and background is of course true because we don't need original george anderson story. That is also the case with the husband jim.

.

BUT.... There are several points made in the story which were just sophistry , if not outright bullshit.

.

The original george anderson STORY IS actually a pile of shit. it's absurd , it's ludicrous and the fact that it might be technically well written doesn't change anything period ask the story it's a walking talking abortion..

.

In this particular story , the author is using an analysis of the february sucks sequels to Lead to a discussion about an individual marriage between these two. But in that discussion, the wife claiming that the husband had no choice but to take Linda the back and that it wasn't a sign of weakness may be how some woman view the FS plot.

.

But That does not mean that Jim husband Have no options other than either taking Linda back or becoming some sort of secret gent capable of inflicting Bodily harm on the football player. There are other alternatives where Jim can still stay involved in this kid's lives not be thrown out of the house, but he simply doesn't react to his wife like he used to.

.

THAT IS THE KEY.. That explains how Jim can still keep his family and his kids in his life and still not accept the emasculation that his wife did him in front of everybody with absolutely no regrets of any kind.

.

Simply stop loving her. Why is that so hard to do ?

know that much about jim before then actually occurs

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That was a great analysis of the story February Sucks and a very good job of a man saving his marriage with just words and some hidden tickets.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Great story. You took the Neverending Story and did something entirely new. Amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How you managed to accurately describe all that we love AND hate about that story... 5 stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VA4 months ago

One other point. The story and sequels of JUST ONCE is absolutely appallingly stupid and makes the original george anderson story read like Hemingway.

.

Also everything that Kalimaxos appears to be written by somebody who is mentally retarded

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story and just an FYI I have found more than 170 stories I would classify as being a take-off on GA’s original

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

different take on February Sucks well done

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

Bravo! You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one, 5*

Waldteufel61Waldteufel614 months ago

Clever & well done

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture4 months ago

A lot of in depth writing at the start and yet confusing at the same time. You bounce between the original story and that of Chris Evans and her betrayal, the chopping and changing makes this story hard to read and follow. 4 from me

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A Different story but quite good I did not realize I had read 67 Feb sux stories NOW 68 LOL but even i think I have had enough (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bravo. Unique and very well written. 5s even thought it doesn’t get the blood rolling like a true blue BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Second, the plot offers no choices. Jim had no idea Linda was going to leave with LaValliere until she was already gone. There was nothing that Jim could do to prevent the situation from happening. None. Basically, the only choice Jim has in the story is whether to take his wife back. That's it."

-

This is total nonsense: there were so many red-flags that only a monkey, like the husband in the original tale, wouldn't have immediately reacted, since from the first asking for a dance. Instead the husband, described in a totally unrealistic manner, stayed there like a sheep, doing exactly nothing to defend his marriage and family.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Your character is no better than Jim in the original his wife has dinner and then gives the guy a smoking hot kiss. She has already disrespected him and he is going to have to keep tabs on her from now on, WOW that sounds like a good sound relationship she cheats and he gets to worry WHEN the next time will be. He is just another CUCK, but the story was well written.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer4 months ago

Thank you. LOL. I think I've read all those 67 February Sucks stories. But this was entirely different, being essentially a commentary on the whole raft of "follow up, amended versions" of the story. However, to have his own wife fall prey to a similar type situation, manipulated by her own coven of witches... was pushing the belief line a tad. Why this husband had never confronted her, even after her "meet up" with her BBF friend's husband Kurt and romantic, cheating kiss at the end, does not get a good explanation. Details like Kurt has possibly already bedded her other friends in their circle and was now after her, with the assistance of her BFF Amelia, is not explained. Nor exactly why he had a "friend/person" watching his wife. When exactly had he made the decision to mistrust his wife? Once he had been humiliated by Kurt? I wouldn't have been so easy on the forgiveness scale. Basically, his wife had already emotionally cheated and was part way to physically cheating.

Anyway, I enjoyed this story. Thanks again. Cheers. Oh, is he going to pursue any revenge on Kurt? Kurt obviously treats this as a "game", possibly destroying other marriages. I don't believe his wife knew nothing about the other wives: women talk!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"I think most people write their own take on the story out of sheer anger at the husband in the original story."

-

Not true. Tha vast majority of the endless alternative versions, are just an impossible attempt to justify the slut cheating wife, making those tales belonging to the overloaded cuck-raac-burnthebastard pool. In almost all of the alternatives, the slut wife wins all and remain unpunished, while the unbelievable subhuman husband become the sheep of the family.

bacchant2bacchant24 months ago

A good attempt at clarifying the draw of Feb sucks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"How the husband acted and reacted was what a responsible father ought to do: he put the kids' needs before his own. It is actually kind of sweet how the wife's gentle persistence wins him back."

-

Ridiculous and totally unrealistic: no husband with a real man brain would accept such situation, taking back the whore wife for all of his life. No way. Besides living in a non-loving parents family would be even worse for the kids than with separated parents, giving the kids a solid and honest message: cheating is a selfish and unresponsible behaviour that destroy marriages and families. The excuse for the best of the kids doesn't stand up at all: it's just another unacceptable justification for the free cheating without consequences (totally unrealistic hope).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"I do get what you're saying, though. There is a hell of a lot of misogyny on display in LW."

-

It's just the opposite: this LW category is filled with menhater fetish-cuck tales (almost all), certainly not an expression of misogyny.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"He congratulated himself for handling that conversation just right. Of course, the cost of her folly would be eternal vigilance. He wasn't naive about that. He knew neither one of them would emerge from this mess Scot-free. A heavy price would be paid, mostly by him."

-

How smart this idiot husband: "eternal vigilance", really ? His wife is a cheating slut waiting for the right chance to do it, while the husband, besides all the psycho-blabbering, is just the usual man without a male brain, an unbelievable idiot candidate to the cuck role.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

No it's not good analysis and no it's not realistic version.

And I agree with the ones that state that the marriage should be reevaluated.

The fact that she stayed with Kurt and actually shared a "steamy" kiss is by itself borderline cheating.

The fact that she hid it form the husband and REPEATEDLY lied to him crosses that border.

February Sucks inspired so many sequels/remakes/copycats not because husbands find it very plausible and it makes them feel vulnerable.

Number one reason is because it outrageous - both parts.

First of all most women WOULD NOT leave with their celebrity crush - like 95%+ of them.

That is why you have NEVER heard a story like that in real life. The consequences are too dire and women are very animalistic i.e. they most of the time have no problem to prioritize their needs.

And JIm the way he was written in the original story would NEVER been able to reconcile with Linda, kids be damned,

And the main reason the story touched so many men was that it showed a torment of a man trapped by the current legal system and society in general and betrayed by everybody around him including his own lawyer/friend.

And by the way - he was lied to about divorce. No fault laws don't work that way - at all.

SO,

If you want to read an actual decent analysis that read "Sessions" by NoTalentHack (probably the best LW writer)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Stopped reading after the misogynist comment. FU if you think a man who won't tolerate disrespect from his wife is a misogynist.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A good fempov proclama filled with unrealistic psycho reasoning to justify the cheating behaviour of the wife and the submissive role of the husband. The same old impossible femdom dream.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy594 months ago

I like this story. Good exploration of Feb Sucks genre between a couple. I am drawn to the downfall all loving couples face when their individual honor code is violated. Pride and Ego. They have no place in love. They are born in selfishness and are diametrically opposed to selflessness. You can be justice centric or mercy driven with the people you are in love with.

We talk about Forsaking all others all the time in these treatises, but I think we should take to heart the wisdom of the passage most ministers say as a preamble to exchanging vows:

'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs.'

We are all fallable and fuck up royally at different times, deeply hurting the ones we claim to love. Those wronged have a choice to revenge or forgive. They can be merciful or mercilessly deliver a selfish justice.

We now return control of your literary site to you, until next year, when the Control Voice takes you to...."The February Limits"

All the best,

Dave

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Quite an anajysis of those 3 stories. I believe there are 2 choices: (1) take both women on a wonderful nature hike, and they get distracted and fall into a huge ravine, or off a ledge... (2) purchase an Omegaman56, UNFUCK machine and put both whores through it, then, it never happened!! My hat is off to every author that writes a good story!

bobareenobobareeno4 months ago

That story broke all the rules, but succeeded, nevertheless. In most stories where Literotica is mentioned it is nothing more than a stupid look at reality that breaks the 4th wall of story telling. Here, the author integrated it into the story deftly and completely, without breaking the wall. Absolutely first rate, 5 stars plus. Best February Sucks sort-of-sequel of them all.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow..Why the Smoking HOT Kiss and his wife's lies didn't bother him at all?! Smelling the Wimpy vibes here..

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked it up to the point he did nothing about her kiss and then in fancy words glossed it over and even took some blame. No btb needed but she needs to feel some pain for some time.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A refreshing take on an overdone story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Man, the woman did all the moves, distract, blame-shift, anger, crying, all in one setting to manipulate her husband to forget her celebrity secret fantasy that proves that she's not above doing a Linda to him. Yep the hisband realizes this vigilance on wife's fidelity will take time.

^

Well done @masustacy

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cute antagonistic view of February Sucks but shameless advertisement of a comedian. Marriage is over with the wife staying for the one on one with Kurt and then honestly trying to figure out a way to fruition of cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just another author who believes that adultery starts with penetration. It doesn’t. It ends there. She went on a date with another man. She kissed the other man. Regardless if penetration happened or not, she betrayed her husband. She chose another man over her husband.

She should be left alone, bereft of husband, children, and friends!

ZK

WargamerWargamer4 months ago

Top story, well thought out, well put together.

Well worth 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There is no need to list the tickets, Worrying about your spouse cheating is just a waste of time. The only one you can control is yourself. As long as the repercussions of cheating are understood the outcome is done. You cheat we are done. I have never been overly worried about cheating with my wife of over 40 years we both know one and done is a fact not a negotiable item. When we married I took vows and meant it. I also made declarations and i meant them also. I told her in no uncertain terms that infidelity was the end of our marriage and the paramour would regret his involvement for how ever long his existence lasted. If she had any doubts or concerns then refuse my offer of marriage and lets move on and bypass any future issues. She didn't even hesitate and accepted my proposal. I just got lucky and married a great woman that had the same beliefs and standards as myself.

We have been 2 against the world since and I wouldn't trade it for anything and woe to anyone or anything that tries to come between us. She is one scary woman and I pity anyone that crosses into her world uninvited. And I thought I was the mean one......go figure, lol

PowersworderPowersworder4 months ago

You strayed awfully close to cuck territory.

The wife had dinner with another man she was strongly attracted to, then passionately kissed him at the end of the night.

I'd be furious if my wife disrespected me like that, to the point where she'd be begging me not to divorce.

This needed far more contrition and repentance for the wife, after committing what should have been a marriage-ending act.

Also, where's the payback against the scumbag friends that tried to wreck their marriage?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One more sissy wimp cuck calling being a man and having character misogyny. His wife makes out with another guy and he does nothing but tell her it better not happen again? What a pussy. Agree with JRandyJ, this isn't a story. I hope his wife ties him to the bed and forces him to watch Kurt and a couple other guys gang bang her, then have them fuck him. He is a loser and she'd an entitled cheating skank slut.

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Nice original story, good read.

kirei8kirei84 months ago

Hopefully, he makes damn sure she knows the price of her temptation will be "eternal vigilance" and that the sacred bond of trust he had will be no more. Then tell her her guarded Matt Rife confession cemented that belief. See if her smirk disappears then!

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

A very clever story and well written to boot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"You didn't claim Chris Evans was your celebrity hall pass?" - A Celebrity Hall Pass is different. That's where a couple agree BEFOREHAND that if EITHER of them get the opportunity to hookup with specific celebrities, they can do it. "Feb Sucks" involves a partner who unilaterally decides that a celebrity deserves stepping outside of their marriage.

\

"You couldn't wait for your turn to place a hookup with an actor over our marriage." - Again, CHPs AREN'T put over the marriage because they're agreed on by the spouses.

\

"imminently" should be "eminently."

\

"It wasn't really a promise she ever made to her husband." It might not have been a promise she made to her husband, but "I'm only dancing with him tonight," is pretty explicit.

\

A lot of this was like a comment on a Feb Sucks story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Interesting, well written. But, it was tedious at the start.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it

MsVanilla69MsVanilla694 months ago

Was very nicely thought out and written a good look from a 3rd party point o view . although we never found out why he had her followed on her night out , then he sells his tickets not to temp fate , a little more going on then we are told , but was a good story

RegisLRegisL4 months ago

Bien mené et bien écrit. De bonnes réflexions et une chute inattendu mais très bonne. J'adore.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very well done

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He's a bigger man to take her back after that shit show. If ai ever decided to keep a woman like her, because everyone can get the stupid, I'd give myself a quiet hall pass to fantasize, flirt with, and kiss some hotter in the future. I may never even use it. But I'd have it in my back pocket. And just like the wife thought it best to never mention anything, I'd keep it to myself as a secret condition to taking her back.

I'd admit to it if asked though. I'm not a liar, but I do think it fair to never cart blanch disrespect. A drunken mistake can deserve free pass. But what she did involved cold calculations and justifications. She backed off because of fear and shame. Love wasn't the reason. And a man that would take her back with complete love and respect is a fool. Even he took her back with a lot less of both. That's why she attacked him in bed. She's afraid of losing him, and understands how he sees her now. That's the true punishment of most all cheaters. They may be forgiven, but it'll never be forgotten. You never get back to your original petastol.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a remarkably original and entertaining “take” on Feb Sucks! Just brilliant!

.

One quibble however….wifey LIED when she said this: “ No football player, or movie star, or local news anchor, no matter how rich, good looking, or well-endowed, could ever steal me from you. Not even for one magical night when I was the surprise belle of the Ball." She smiled mischievously.”. As written, wifey was seriously figuring a way to cheat…and had already PASSIONATELY kissed Kurt. In effect, except for actual sex, she has already cheated.

.

Finally…speaking of short epilogues….one here where hubby and wifey tell Kurt and Amelia to go to hell would have been nice to see 😎

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You tore down my Fourth Wall. I'm not paying for this, I told you to replace the locks!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This author has tripped over the same tiresome loose paving slab that has claimed so many other authors as victims. I am referring to the inexplicable notion that because no penis that shouldn't have done has entered the wife's vagina, no cheating has taken place. Really? So going out on a secret date with another man and ending said date with a 'smoking hot kiss' isn't cheating? I sincerely hope that my wife never tries to sell that idea to me!

JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

114SFO is a psychopath.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Most excellent. Five stars, if not six.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dayum that was good. Very smooth. You took this in a clever direction. Husband was very subtle and lead her cleverly along the way.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, well written, open ending! Leaving the Kurt part unanswered. She's going to cheat, its just a matter of when!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was taken a back when I read this. The analysis of the original and subsequent discussion hit home. Some of the subtitle lint that I didn’t compute were a direct hit. Very well written and the object lesson she learned about her so called best “friend” bade her well for evading a marriage disaster.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Isn't he the dude (Chris evans) that supposedly his wife cheated on him with a married man? Our society is so broken that we think if no one knows about it, it is okay. And if caught, everyone else just has to accept it is going to take place and should just carry on as if it didn't occur until it has run its course or we decide we want what we want when we want it and everyone else just has to accept it because we wanted and quit being butt hurt over what they wanted. And just get along as long it doesn't impact the person who is doing the cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It started out good, but then followed the same downward spiral as the original with making the husband a wimp and the wife a bitch. Much like how the original failed, the husband's character in this tale was also replaced part way through. So, I guess it truly was inspired by February Sucks...

-

As to their debate, the husband was initially right that the impetuous for people writing alternate versions is that the first part of the story is so good while the end of the story is so bad. Look at other popular cliches, such as the indecent proposals, and you mostly see people writing their own stories using just the premise rather than another writer's actual words.

doctrptdoctrpt4 months ago

A story that could only be written at this point in time.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An interesting look at Feb Sux. I enjoyed it, and liked it's originality. Four solid stars.

JPB

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban4 months ago

The wife lied to her husband about the circumstances under which she claimed Chris Evan’s as her “hall pass”. Then she lied by omission in not telling her husband about her dalliance with Kurt - and the circumstances that got her there. Kudo’s to the husband for being alert enough to figure out that there was a fox in the henhouse, and to then have his wife watched. This couple would have a crap-ton of work to do on their marriage. It’s also good that the husband exposed everything to her and clearly laid out both the rules to continue their relationship as well as a path forward. I’ve said it many times in my comments - surrounding yourself with poison people will always lead to disaster. That’s why the famous words “choose your friends wisely” were coined in the first place. 4/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was absolutely fantastic!!!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermasustacy@masustacy
I am a writer who filling in time and learning some storytelling skills. Most of my stories involve married couples with fidelity issues. I’m well married, so I’m not sure where the angst comes from. — Update May 2024: I finished a Halloween story which missed Halloween by ...