This Will Hurt

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aan's screaming reached a new pitch as she felt the jagged edge of his makeshift knife against the underside of her breast. Pain exploded in her chest as she heard the rock rip her skin.

Her blood ran in all directions as he used a brutal sawing motion to cut into the fat and muscles, slicing upward against her rib bones. Through the shock and pain, Aan could feel blood pooling in her belly button and rushing down her sides; she could smell the stench of the shirt that blinded her, now turning red with her vital juices.

Her shrieks became more hoarse and her struggles lessened as she tried to cope with the intense agony of being flayed alive. Her world condensed down to the blossoming pain of raw nerves and the stretching and ripping of her skin. Through her heaving gasps, a part of her felt him reverse his angle to cut the top of her breast free from her body.

Then he began his gruesome work on the other side, and Aan's small world blackened.

---

He thought nothing of her screams, but it was nice when they stopped. Once his prizes were cut away, he carried them to the river's edge to wash away the excess blood. He would have preferred a fire to cook the meat, but his stomach demanded immediate satisfaction and his adrenaline was fading. Obeying the urges, he took large bites, swallowing quickly before his gag reflex could interfere. He did not even notice that it was not all meat and fat, but quickly finished one and started on the other.

That wasn't so bad. He had his first recognizable thought as he finished his meal and washed his face in the river. He would rather have to live with what he had done than starve to death.

He looked back at the bloody body and considered cutting more meat, but his immediate urge was satisfied and the hunter instinct had left with it. I can always find more once I get my strength back, he told himself.

Also, he realized that Aan might be right about being so close, and her screams could bring unwanted attention, so Dee cleaned his rock and continued along the river, though his stomach now hurt in a different way. He stopped often and drank the cold water to help combat the urges to vomit.

The first spasms made his weakened knees give out. Rocks were sharp and the shallow water was icy, but his focus was consumed by the cramps. Pitching forward onto his hands, he lost all hope of nourishment as the debilitating cramps sent his meal into the water. When his eyes weren't clenched tightly, he watched the complex micro currents of the shoreline toy with chunks of flesh.

Long minutes of pain made him lay curled in a fetal position; if he waited patiently enough the cramps would have to ease. But the reality was that he was far too close to the body. Bile dripped from his chin as he lifted his head to eye the other shoreline.

It was so close, and the other side would surely be less conspicuous. He knew he must distance himself before he was found. He could always formulate a story later. Once across, he could dry and warm somehow, maybe find some more berries; his irrational urge pushed him into the water.

The shocking cold seemed to help the cramps; he was simply dry-heaving now. He figured it would be simple to float and paddle to the other side. New life and new chances if I can't have my old one back.

He felt the tug of the deceptive current as the river became too deep for him to maintain his footing. His first mouthful of water choked him, making it difficult to move or float. He struggled for air, panic giving him the strength he needed to surface and grab a breath.

Turning onto his back, he never saw the river-smoothed boulder.

---

Two fishermen caught the movement from the object floating around the river bend. Quickly starting the trolling motor, they maneuvered into position to intercept the body and drag it out of the water.

Blue eyes stared past them and into the great unknown.

-----

Acknowledgements: I am very grateful to CopyCarver for his thorough editing. Also, FallingtoFly gets a big hug for her feedback. And, thanks to the several Litsters, who unwittingly helped me do some of the "research" for this.