Three Sisters of Delta Gamma Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think I will."

****

Breakfast was a very happy occasion. Layla made her delicious pancakes with a Mickey head for Amy. This time, she made one for Eric as well so he wouldn't be jealous. Steve and Kathy opted for normal round ones.

The phone rang and Steve answered.

"Hello Chief Roberts. What's the status?

"That's great news.

"And they confessed?

"When's the news conference?

"Great, we'll watch. Your guys did a great job, Chief. Thank you."

He hung up and relayed the happy news. "The Chief said that the two guys were identified by an anonymous tip and they have already confessed to the kidnapping and assault."

Steve added, "I'm shocked that anyone would confess. They must have irrefutable proof they are guilty. At least this will save the county a lot of money in legal and court fees." Everyone agreed; this was fantastic news.

Following cleanup, they all sat in front of the roaring fireplace and Eric lifted Amy into his lap. "Sweetheart, we have some other good news for you."

"I know, daddy. Santa is coming soon."

"He is but there's some other good news. You know when I told you that your first mommy went to live with baby Jesus?"

"Yes. I was sad."

"We all were very sad. Your first mommy was very sick and she left you and me so she could get help and get well. When we couldn't find her for a long, long time, we thought she had left to be in heaven. Do you understand?"

"Yes, but why didn't we help her so she could stay?"

"Sweetheart, we didn't have the kind of help she needed. It was a very difficult decision."

"Okay."

"The good news is that she did recover and has come back to see us?"

"Mommy is here?"

"Yes and she is coming to see you this afternoon."

"Do I have two mommies now?"

"Yes, you do."

Amy looked at Layla and then at her grandparents. To them, Amy looked very concerned, almost stunned. She squirmed out of Eric's lap and ran quickly upstairs as fast as she could.

Layla said, "I'll go up and be with her." Everyone thought she was upset.

As Layla reached the stairs, Amy came running down with Miss Annie.

"Mommy, Miss Annie asked if she could have two mommies."

The room was filled with laughter. "Of course she can."

"Okay." She ran to Eric and crawled back into his lap with Miss Annie.

Eric glanced at his parents and Layla. He shrugged his shoulders and everyone smiled. He thought maybe this was going to actually work out.

****

Melissa and her mom, Silvia, arrived at the appointed time. Kathy and Eric greeted them in the foyer with genuine hugs and kisses.

"Melissa, you look beautiful," Kathy said.

"Thank you Mrs. Belton. It's wonderful to see you again."

"Silvia, it has been too long. I feel so bad that we've not visited in a long time."

"I'm sorry for that, Kathy. Let's do plan to get everyone together soon."

Eric said, "Come in. Layla is helping Amy get ready and they should be down in a minute."

They walked into the family room. Eric had built a fire and it was beginning to burn vigorously. Kathy asked, "Can I offer you anything to drink?"

Melissa and Silvia wanted water and Eric asked for a beer. Melissa walked with Kathy to bring the drinks.

In a few moments, Layla and Amy came walking in. Amy ran over to hug her mom-mom, the first person she saw.

"Amy, you look great in that dress."

"Thank you. Mommy gave it to me."

"Are you ready for Santa to come?"

"I hope he comes. I wrote him a nice letter and daddy mailed it for me."

Melissa walked in from the kitchen and Amy saw her.

"Oh. I saw you yesterday," Amy said.

"Hi Amy, I'm Melissa." She dropped to her knees. Amy walked to her.

"Are you my first mommy?"

"Yes, I am. I'm very happy to see you again. Can I get a hug?"

Amy wrapped her arms around Melissa's neck and they hugged. Melissa had tears running down her cheeks. Amy stepped back and asked, "Why are you crying, mommy?"

"I'm very happy, Amy. Being with you makes me happy. Can you forgive me for going away so long?"

"Okay. I have a new mommy."

"I know; she's very nice."

"We have fun together."

"I've missed you."

"I missed you too. Miss Annie helped me. She was my mommy before my new mommy came."

Eric said, "Miss Annie is her special doll. She and Amy talk often and she gives great advice."

Melissa grinned.

"My new mommy said that Miss Annie can have two mommies like I do."

"That's right. When you visit me, please bring Miss Annie. We'll have fun together."

"Do you have cookies and milk?"

"Don't all mommies have those?"

"I hope." Everyone laughed again.

Layla suggested, "Why don't you take your first mommy up to see your room and toys. I'm sure she'd like to meet Miss Annie and Mr. Joe."

"Okay." She ran to the stairs and waited for Melissa to catch up before they walked up together.

Kathy said, "Silvia, she looks good. Eric was telling me about her challenges and she seems to have overcome them. I am very happy for her and for you and Bernie."

"We were quite shocked when she called. We'd not heard from her in well over two years and that time was very rough for her. I'm surprised she survived.

"Layla, I'm very pleased to meet you. I understand that you and Eric are engaged."

"Yes. We plan to be married next fall."

"Are you planning to stay in the area after that?"

"Yes. Our families are here and this is home for us. Amy will have many possible babysitters and she will have more than a dozen cousins ready to welcome her.

Upstairs, Melissa admired the dollhouse while Amy opened all the rooms and showed the furniture Layla had given her. She then sat on the floor as Amy introduced her to Miss Annie.

"Miss Annie looks like she's been well loved."

"I do love her and she loves me. She's always been here when I need her."

"And I wasn't here. I'm so sorry, Amy."

"Daddy said you were sick and we couldn't help. Why?"

"I had an illness that I had to overcome. Jesus helped me and I got well. I thought of you almost every day I was gone. I was very lonely without you."

"Did you have someone like Miss Annie?"

"No. I wish I did."

"All my friends had mommies but I didn't. I was very sad."

"I know, Amy. I love you with all my heart and I'm so sorry I left you."

"I love my new mommy."

Melissa was very hurt by this honesty but she knew she had to earn Amy's love. She could not just show up after deserting her as a baby and expect Amy to react any other way. She turned her attention to Amy's favorite toys and how they worked.

"This is my Jenga game. Do you play Jenga?"

"No, but I'd like to learn. Will you teach me?"

"Okay."

The rest of the visit went quickly. When Layla took Amy up for her afternoon nap, Eric and Melissa talked about the future.

He asked, "How much visitation would you like with her?"

"Mom and dad said you were letting her spend the weekend with them every six weeks. Could we continue with that schedule and I will use that time to be with her also?"

Eric replied, "I think that's perfect and if you would like to spend some holidays or special events with her, we'll talk and see what's possible. For example, we'll be glad to have you all come over Christmas afternoon if you'd like to see her."

"I was going to ask if I could bring her a gift."

"Of course you can."

"Eric, I know I poisoned our marriage. You're a bigger person than I think I could be if you had done that to me. I'm very grateful to you for allowing me to have some relationship with her. I promise you will never regret it. I've learned enough lessons for ten lifetimes."

"Let's see how it goes and how Amy adapts. I think she'll be fine if we don't rush her and if we don't make her choose between you and Layla."

"I won't make her choose; I'll always yield to you and Layla. I lost my right to be first."

"Then this plan is fine. We can discuss it if something changes."


End of Chapter 7. Please comment and vote.