Through the Looking Glass Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa edged closer and hugged him, laying her head on his shoulder, "I know you did, baby. I was hoping the same thing; hoping that you were right, that there was something left... anything. But..." She looked out at the fields of gritty soil, then turned away from it and started crying.

"I didn't want to give up," said Mitch, his voice warbling, "It can't be all gone... it... it can't be..." He turned to take Lisa into his arms and cried with her. For the longest while, the two scientists sat there on the huge rock and held each other, trying to understand how the devastation around them was allowed to happen, and wept at the total loss this world was dealt.

Just as he thought about getting up and going back to the lab, Mitch's eyes popped opened at something. He thought it was his imagination, but he tilted his head and realized that it wasn't.

"Lisa," he whispered to her, "listen. Do you hear that?"

Wiping her eyes, she cranked her head around and held her breath for a second or two. Then her eyes widened; she heard it, too.

"Yes," she said, just as quietly, "I hear it. It sounds like... running water?"

Mitch slowly rose from the boulder and turned towards the sound, listening carefully, "It's coming from..." he shifted again, then pointed to the hill behind them, "...over there."

Gathering their things, they both trudged up the gradual rise of the hillock and, once they reached the crest... dropped everything to the ground and stared in complete shock.

There, at the bottom of the small valley between the hills of desolate dirt, was a stream. It widened out a bit, bulging where the sloping ground would permit it, and off to one side was a small lagoon no bigger than twenty or so feet. But Lisa and Mitch could only stare in awe at what was near the banks of the running rivulet of clear water.

All around the stream and lagoon, stretching about fifty or sixty yards... was foliage, healthy and thriving.

Beautiful shades of green, from jade to emerald to deep forest, lined both sides of the stream and encircled the lagoon in blankets of tiny clover leaves. Beyond the edges of flora on either end was just wet earth and muddy sediment, waiting to be sprinkled with spores or roots from the plants digging into them. A couple of trees, no bigger than twelve or fifteen feet high, dotted the scape of green and threw shadows over the delicate sprouts of clover and grass blades. The field of plants spread itself out and away from the waters for only about a dozen yards, with a few solitary sprouts of plants peeking through the soil beyond and trying to add to the blanket of green, but it was there... alive.

For a second, Mitch and Lisa stood there in shock at the beautiful sight of growing things, then grabbed their belongings and hurried down the side of the hillock. They skidded to a stop just at the edge of the carpet of green clover, almost afraid to get near it for fear of disturbing the delicate growth. Slipping off their shoes and laying aside their gear, Mitch took a careful step onto the clover patch with Lisa following suit and gently stepped over to one of the trees.

Happy tears were coming from their eyes as they reached for the young tree's trunk, no thicker than one of Lisa's calves, and ran their hands along the smooth bark. Then Mitch dropped to his knees and spread his fingers over the leaves of clover, feeling the small tips of green against his fingertips and palms.

"This isn't a mirage," he whispered, touching the plants with elation, "this isn't imagination. This is real; the plants are real. They're alive."

Lisa, crying for joy, joined him on the ground and felt the pretty leaves tickle her outstretched hands. She smiled at him, her tears traveling around her upturned lips, "They didn't destroy all of it; it survived somehow."

Mitch smiled back, then looked up at the sky baring his teeth, "You hear that?" he yelled above, "Can you see it? You didn't get all of it! You hear me, you maniacs? Life is still here; you lose!"

Mitch grabbed Lisa and hugged her, then pulled her along with him as they rolled around in the clover, laughing and crying at the same time. They rolled to a stop near the water's edge, Lisa lying on top of him, and laughed just for the sheer joy of discovery. She laid her head down on his chest, still crying happy tears, as Mitch held her close. He looked up again and whispered, "You lose."

After snuggling in the soft clover for awhile, Lisa sat up and, wiping her face, said, "It's beautiful." She took in all of the greenery around them, then asked, "How long do you think it's been here?"

Mitch sat up with her straddling his lap and scanned the area, "Well, I'm not sure; I'm no botanist," he pointed to one of the small trees, "These trees were probably young saplings a few years ago. They're... what, twelve or so feet high, now?" He then looked around at the clover surrounding them and shrugged, "Best guess? I'd say... ten years, maybe a little longer. It probably took that long for the plants to cover this much area."

"But where did it come from?"

Mitch shook his head, "I don't know," then laid his hand on Lisa's cheek, "It doesn't matter, sweetheart. It's here; it's real... and it's growing. It'll cover the planet again," he tilted his head in another shrug, "eventually."

Lisa raised her brow, "But that will take millenniums... eons."

"I know, but it's a start. This world has been given a second chance. And who knows, maybe there are other patches of life like this one somewhere on this Earth. We found this one; there might be others. This Earth will be green again, just like it was before... someday."

Lisa nodded, "Maybe it'll even create animal life, again. Cells combining and multiplying; it could start the evolutionary process all over again. Wouldn't that be something to see; the actual process beginning and forming?"

"I would love to see that," Mitch agreed, but sighed, "Unfortunately, even if we wanted to see it happen, we couldn't. It'll take at least 100 million years for the ecosystem to be able to sustain any animal species, and twice that long before any animals with any kind of intelligence will emerge. I'm afraid we won't be around that long," he gently stroked her face and looked at the thriving green growth, "But don't worry; I'm betting it will happen. It's got a good head start."

Lisa huffed out a laugh and smiled.

They rose off the ground and walked around the area. They discovered a few more plant sprouts that were different from the thin grass and clover, and Lisa was pleased to see actual flowers blooming on the other side of the stream. Tiny petals of lavender and white dotted the shore of the small lagoon, with bits of yellow and red peeking out from under the clover growth.

"Let's check out the other side," she said, running back to the edge of the clover patch to pick up her bag, shoes, and water jug. Mitch grabbed his stuff and followed her, walking up to the stream's edge and carefully stepping into the running water.

"Oh, that feels better," Lisa sighed as the cool water lapped at her feet, helping to stave off the heat of the day. The pair waded out into the stream, the depth being shallow and only coming up to their calves halfway, and worked their way over to the opposite side. The bottom of the stream was soft, and Mitch saw the tiny clouds of mud and silt being churned up by their footsteps. He thought he could see tiny strands of water reeds and algae along the rocks and dirt of the stream's bottom, but wasn't sure.

Arriving on the other shore, Mitch and Lisa headed for the lagoon stepping through more clover and soft grass. The large pool of water was clear enough to see to the bottom, and they saw more reeds and algae sprouting among the stones and pebbles lying below.

Lisa dropped her shoes and bag and proceeded to wade into the lagoon. The cool water licked at her feet as she tested the ground underneath, and felt tiny stones and sandy silt between her toes. Mitch, shucking his gear and shoes, watch her slowly glide into the rippling water and admired the view. Her calves disappeared first, then her thighs, and finally her round butt slipped under the water line, and she sighed as the coolness snaked up her body with the water stopping just below her breasts.

"How is it?" asked Mitch, creeping towards the water's edge.

"Wonderful," Lisa answered as she turned to give him a frontal view. The water lapped just at the underside of her full round tits, the coolness making her nipples bud. Leisurely, she arched back and submerged the rest of her body and dipped her head back to wet down her hair. She floated for a moment, enjoying the sensation of weightlessness, then rose dramatically letting the water cascade down her body. Her long red hair was slicked back and droplets ran down over and in between her boobs, one dollop of water hanging from a stiff nipple and her necklace ring glistening in the reflecting sunlight.

"Well," she smiled, tilting her head, "care to join me?"

Mitch didn't need to be asked twice. With his cock starting to stir, he let the water envelope him in cool relief as he waded out to join her.

"You're right, it is wonderful." Mitch cupped some water in his hands and splashed it on his face, letting it draw the heat away from his head, and ran his fingers through his hair.

Lisa reached for him and rubbed his chest, staring into his blue eyes and getting a gleam in her green ones along with a sly grin. Mitch raised an eyebrow at her, already knowing what was on her mind.

She looked around at the beauty around them and asked, "Can we... please? It won't hurt anything, will it?"

Mitch thought about it for a minute. Would making love here in this rare oasis really hurt anything here? Would it disturb the growth that was determined to thrive in the desolate, arid wasteland that surrounded it and damage any chance it had of continuing?

Mitch smiled at her and shook his head, "No, I don't think it'll hurt anything." He took her face in his hands, "If nothing else, if it doesn't succeed in taking root and spreading... let one more beautiful thing happen here before we go."

Lisa beamed at him, bringing her arms up and around his shoulders, and the two scientists kissed with loving passion. Mitch drew her closer to him, pressing her wet soft skin against his and feeling her taut nipples poke into his chest. Lisa gently humped her hips into his and feeling his cock growing and rubbing against her pussy, its fattening head brushing her pubic hair.

Mitch rubbed her body, the beads of water warming up against her heated skin, and let his hands drift down under the water and cup the cheeks of her ass. Their kisses were fiery and lustful as Lisa's hands did the same, pulling his groin into her.

Lisa lifted her leg to his hip and, taking the hint, Mitch grabbed her thigh from underneath to steady her. He took hold of her other rising leg and held her there for a moment as she shifted her hips over his raging hard on. Feeling his cock head pushing against her pussy lips, Lisa bore down and allowed the fat glans to penetrate her inner folds.

Mitch held fast to her as she arched back slightly and, with pants of sexual heat, slowly sank her vagina down onto his hard prick. Lisa squirmed and twitched as his length slid into her velvet soft hole and finally, with a small thrust, she yelped as she buried the rest of his cock inside of her.

"Ohhhhhhh, yes," she sighed, Mitch's firm dick wedged deep inside her snug pussy. She brought herself up to his face and tenderly kissed him, their tongues dancing, then said, "Love me, Mitch; love me right here. Make love to me in this beautiful place."

Mitch smiled warmly at her and lovingly kissed her again, holding her close and helping her ride his cock.

The only sounds from the oasis were the bubbling laps of water from the running stream and the two travelers moaning and sighing in content as they loved each other in the clear cool lagoon. The rustle of leaves was there but only slightly, the few trees not sufficient enough to generate the wind rushed sounds of a full forest. The only other thing that was missing that would have completed the beautiful loving moment was the sounds of buzzing insects and chirping birds, both absent for the time being.

Lisa rode Mitch faster and started to make splashing waves in the lagoon, mixing and churning whatever soft soil was still present at the bottom. Her moans were getting louder as she rocked herself on Mitch's member, enjoying the sensation of his hard shaft rubbing against her inner walls. Its bulbous head kept brushing her G-spot, sending electric sparks through her groin, and she felt the churning rush of orgasm start to build up inside. Between the coolness of the water seeping into her vagina and the heat from Mitch's prick, Lisa knew she couldn't stop the orgasm from coming forth.

Mitch watched her breasts bounce and jiggle with every thrust of her body, her nipples dancing wildly and her tummy fluttering. Her gyrations became harder, her breathing coming out in pants of frustration as her orgasm grew, and he knew she was almost there.

Humping at his pelvis like mad, Lisa quaked and thrashed about. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, yes... oh, yes! Oh, God; yes!" she cried out and, her whole body lunging and not being able to hold it back any longer, she released a loud and long, screeching groan as her orgasm overtook her and flooded her pussy with tickling fire.

Mitch felt her pussy muscles tighten up and clamp down on his throbbing cock, Lisa grinding her hips against his and yelping in delight as her come fluttered through her. Her body stiffened up and she let out a guttural groan as the last of her orgasm flushed through her pussy.

Her chest heaved up and down making her boobs wobble and sway, and she pulled herself upright with Mitch's help and her body sagged against his, exhausted.

Wading back to the shore line, Mitch cradled Lisa against him and carried her to a thick patch of clover and gently laid her down. The green leaves caressed her skin and haloed her wet hair as she stretched and got comfortable.

"Oh, that was wonderful," she sighed, watching Mitch lower himself down to lie next to her, "We have to do that more often."

"Absolutely," Mitch agreed, taking in the view of her wet soft body. To him, she looked quite comfortable in the outdoors; her naked form, with her red hair contrasting with the emerald green of the clover, seemed natural in the openness of nature. Like a blooming flower, she complimented and melded with the foliage perfectly.

"You look so beautiful in this place," he said, reaching for her and touching her thigh, "Naturalism and nudism agrees with you."

Lisa smiled back, "I like being naked outdoors; I never realized it before, until now. It's liberating; you feel so free, so relaxed... and it's erotic when you're with someone you love."

She peered into his eyes as his hand traveled up her leg, and she sighed when he felt his fingertips tickling her pussy. She returned the gesture by reaching over and gently took his still bloated cock into her hand, fondling and stroking it.

"You need to cum," she said, matter of factly after hefting his ball sack and finding it full. She made him lie back and hovered over his groin, licking her lips in anticipation. Her lips came down and wrapped around his cockhead, her tongue flicking at the piss hole.

Mitch groaned and enjoyed the sensation of Lisa's mouth around his manhood, its velvet softness inching its way down the shaft. She nursed his prick with loving care as her hand slid down her stomach and wormed its way between her legs. She moaned around his cock as her fingers found her clit and started wiggling her digits over it, teasing the delicate bud and making her pussy moist.

Releasing his dick with a slurping suck, Lisa looked at Mitch with hot lust and said, "I want you, again," and stood up to back away from him, inching her way towards the lagoon.

Mitch smiled at her, watching as she slyly dipped her body into the cool water again and wiggled a crooked finger at him, beckoning him to come and get her. With his cock throbbing and properly teased, he wasted no time in entering the water and grabbing for the horny woman waiting for him.

Mitch got behind her, rubbing her back and shoulders, and nuzzled his prick in between her ass cheeks. Lisa bent over and spread her legs for him, her nipples hard and erect as she waited for him to slip inside of her. He rubbed his glans up and down her slit, teasing it further with her soft vaginal lips, and made her gasp as he nudged the head into her pouting pussy. Her inner muscles immediately tugged at his member as it entered the tight hole, and she moaned in content when his shaft was all the way inside of her.

Mitch reached around and scooped her breasts into both hands, squeezing the soft mounds of flesh and teasing the nipples with his fingers. With steady thrusts, he fucked her from behind, Lisa responding by pushing her hips back to meet his lunges.

The water around the pair started churning and splashing over them as Mitch's humping intensified, spurts of liquid squirting up between them and landing on Lisa's jiggling butt.

Mitch fucked her faster and harder when he felt his sperm start to rise up in his cock, and Lisa urged him on with her moaning and pleading.

"Oh... oh, Mitch; yes... yes, yes, fuck me hard; fuck me! Oh... oh, God! Cum with me, baby; cum inside me! Oh... oh... oh, fuuuuuuuck!"

"Oh... oh, shit! Oh, yeah; I'm cumming with you, Lisa! Oh... ugh... ugh... aaaaarrrrgh!"

Arching back with every muscle in his body locked into place, Mitch growled loudly as his semen raced up his cock. Feeling it twitch and pulse inside of her, Lisa's body stiffened up and shook with release as her orgasm peaked and clamped down on her fiery cunt.

She squealed in ecstasy when she felt the first squirt of Mitch's cum splash against her pussy walls, and they reacted to it by clenching his prick and milking it for more.

Mitch grunted with each blast of cum being forced out of his cock, and he banged away at Lisa's ass to empty the rest into her greedy and hungry pussy.

A sobbing moan blurted out of Lisa's mouth as the last of her orgasm rinsed through her groin, making her tingle and quiver all over. Mitch released a satisfying groan as the last bit of semen leaped out of his dickhead, making him shudder in response.

Their heavy breathing was the only sound coming from the grove of green, other than the bubbling stream water, as they finally calmed down and collected themselves. The waters washed away any remaining cum from Mitch's cock, and Lisa wearily frigged her fingers at her pussy to help drain and wipe away the majority of semen in her vagina as well as her own juices.

Mitch scooped up Lisa into his arms and carried back to the shore, she snuggling against his body.

"That was amazing," she muttered, holding fast to him as he lowered her to the ground, "I never knew making love outdoors could be so... exciting and stimulating."

"It must be something in the water," Mitch replied with a smirk.

Lisa raised an eyebrow at the lame joke and gave him a smirk of her own, "Oh, that was bad."

They both laughed and laid down together for a while, letting the warmth of the day dry their bodies and relaxing in the comfort of the soft clover laden field.

Mitch turned his head and noticed that the sky was getting darker; the sun was setting and turning the cloud cover from a tan-white to a brassy bronze. Lisa sat up and stretched as Mitch started spreading the tablecloths they brought with them over the ground, one to lay on and the other to cover with if the temperature dropped. He reached for his pack and fished out the recorder while Lisa found her camera and started snapping away at the scenery while she still had some light. Mitch idly picked out a couple of snack bars from her bag as he dictated into the recorder...