Through the Looking Glass Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'April 6- It's now almost sunset and we'll be bunking down for the night.'

'When we arrived at the lab, we found records telling us what had happened to this world. A terrorist organization unleash a biochemical weapon that destroyed all organic life here within two weeks' time. From the records, this all happened about two decades ago and the chemical agents used are now inert, so Lisa and I are safe from any effects.'

'We were about ready to give up our search for any signs of life still on this world, when we found an oasis of sorts. A small stream about two miles from the lab managed to sustain some plant life that somehow survived. The plants are growing and thriving, and I have no doubt that they will be instrumental in covering this Earth with life once again. It will be many millions of years from now, but this world will be green and alive again; I'm sure of it.'

'We're going to sleep now. We'll stay the night here in this beautiful Eden, and we'll return to the lab in the morning and make the jump into the next dimension once we're there.'

After putting their gear away, Mitch and Lisa ate the bars of granola and were surprised that they were still somewhat fresh.

"I had no idea granola bars had this long of a shelf life."

Lisa snickered at Mitch, munching away at the crunchy morsel.

They ate and talked, mostly speculating about what will happen on the world they were on. Would the foliage spread and cover the surface with green growing things again? Would it spawn a new kind of animal life, maybe even one that was intelligent? And what would it look like?

The sun drifted down to the horizon, darkening the colors of the dusty ground surrounding the small field of greenery. The two scientists laid back and cuddled together, Mitch keeping the other tablecloth close by in case it got cold. But the warmth still stayed with them, keeping them cozy and comfortable.

"Mitch," whispered Lisa, snuggling next to him and rubbing his chest, "If intelligent life does arise on this Earth again, do you think they'll be like us?"

Mitch thought about it for a minute, then answered, "In a way... I certainly hope not."

Lisa craned her neck to look at him, confused, "What do you mean?"

Taking a last look around before going to sleep, Mitch simply said, "I'm hoping they'll be smarter than us, at least smart enough not to let... this happen again."

The couple huddled against each other as the night sky lazily crept over them, and the intrepid travelers faded off to sleep under a blanket of drifting clouds and twinkling stars, surrounded by the tiny garden of life.

* * *

Mitch's face twitched slightly as he awoke with a start; something hit his cheek.

Careful not to wake up Lisa, who was still snoozing against his shoulder, he lifted his head and looked around. He didn't see anything different than before, except that it wasn't quite morning yet; the stream and dark foliage under a cover of slowly fading night and waiting for the dawn.

Mitch jumped a little; he felt something touch his skin again, this time his forearm. Looking closely at it, he smiled at what he saw.

A droplet of water, beading up on his arm and then running off leaving a trail of wetness.

"Lisa," he whispered, gently nudging her body. She stirred and purred in her throat, slowly coming to consciousness. She blinked a few times, then looked at Mitch realizing it was him that was trying to get her attention.

"What? What is it; what's the matter?" she asked in a bleary voice, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Looking up at the slowly lightening sky, he answered, "Wait for it."

Lisa pushed herself up in a sitting position, stretching to get the sleep kinks out of her joints, "Wait for what?"

Then she jumped slightly when another drop fell and hit her shoulder, then another on one of her boobs. She touched the droplet and smiled, fully awake now, as Mitch rose to stand among the plants around them. He started laughing at the sheer delight of it when more drops of water fell from the clouds above them.

It was raining.

The Earth, determined to stay alive, was in the process of sending life giving water back to its surface and cleansing away all of the terrible atrocities it had been dealt.

Lisa joined Mitch as the light sprinkle strengthened into a mild shower and started wetting them and the foliage down, adding more precious water to the struggling stream.

"Yes!" Mitch shouted, holding his fists high above his head and feeling the cool soothing drops caress his body. Then he turned and hugged Lisa, laughing along with him, and started dancing around in the damp clover like little kids playing in a sprinkler. They both raised their hands up to the sky, urging more of the rain to come down and cover them. The droplets mixed with their tears as they smiled up at the rain clouds happily wetting them down, then held each other and basked in the glow of wonderful life being rained down on them.

"Isn't it wonderful?" Mitch asked, "This rain storm, and all the others that follow, will wash away the bad things that have happened here. This world will reclaim what was taken away from it; it will live again."

Lisa, smiling and crying for joy, brought her lips to his and they shared a loving kiss under the shower of rain. Their kiss became more passionate as they started grabbing and fondling each other, caught up in the pleasure of the moment. Mitch and Lisa laid themselves down and made love among the soft ground cover of growing things, the rain wetting them down and urging their lust. Their cries of passion drowned out the splashing noise of the rain beating into the stream and lagoon, and the final shouts of their mutual orgasms rang out around the surrounding area.

Just as the heat of their love making ebbed, the rains let up a little and started to die off. The storm clouds drifted apart and allowed the morning sun to shine its rays of light and warmth down on the loving couple.

Mitch and Lisa waded back into the lagoon and cleaned themselves before gathering their belongings; it was time to leave and head back to the lab.

"We've got about three hours before the gateway appears," said Lisa, checking her stopwatch.

"Okay; time to go." Mitch hefted the water jugs after snapping on his pack. Slipping his shoes on after crossing the stream with Lisa doing the same, they hiked through the green clover field pausing one last time to touch the tree they neared the first time.

"Good luck," Mitch whispered, and the pair plodded away from the oasis leaving it to grow... and keep growing.

With less than thirty minutes left, they marched down the last hillock to the parking lot of the laboratory and worked their way around the rusted cars to the rear entrance. Once inside, they checked around the lab one final time.

"Should we put that box in a safe place for someone else to find?" asked Lisa, pointing at the strongbox on the work table.

Mitch considered it for a moment; the files and discs inside would be safe and preserved for now, but...

"No," he finally said, shaking his head, "A couple hundred million years until intelligent life springs up? There's no way it'll survive that long. And even if it did, there's no guarantee it will be found. It could wind up inside a mountain, it could be at the bottom of an ocean by then. No... leave it be."

Lisa nodded solemnly at him, and the pair left the lab. Out along the side of the building, they waited for the last few minutes to tick down until the gateway appeared.

As her watch beeped, she gave the arid landscape around them a final glance, and asked, "Will it really be alive again?"

Mitch smiled at Lisa's question and nodded, "I think so. Will there be intelligent beings here to reclaim it?" He looked around at the barren world and wrinkled his brow, thinking, "I wonder."

The tingling ran through their bodies, and they gasped as the vortex rushed from them and formed the gateway. Hand in hand again, the travelers through the multiverse stepped up to the mirror of swirling light and passed through it, leaving the healing world to its own devices.

Another storm was blowing in the direction of the running stream and bubbling lagoon, more rain pelting the greenery around them. Lighting flashed from the brewing clouds as they drifted towards the water and life around it. The rains ran over the ground cover, washing through the mix of sediment and mineral ridden soil and sending the elements down into the pool of churning water. Mixing precious oxygen and salty silt from the bottom, along with the vital fluids of two human beings after engaging in the act of another life creating procedure, the lagoon simply waited for the powerful storm to come. The lighting drew nearer, striking the ground with mighty blasts of thunder.

The tiny lagoon bubbled away, churning, mixing... waiting...

*...seven hundred and eighteen million years later...*

"Okay, the power locklinks look secure. How are the fuel regulatons working?"

The question was directed at a young female, monitoring the test run of the fuel pump components.

"Up and running; operating within norm parameters," was her response. Checking off the procedure on her clip list, the female said, "All that's left is to test the alkaloid level of the tank water."

The male that engaged her nodded and typed in the start-up test for the test tank's mineral level. His eight webbed fingers padded over the input panel set into his work desk, and the elliptical monitor in front of it sprang to life.

"Okay, testing of water alkaloid level commencing," he said, tapping in the last of the comptator commands, "It'll take a few minutes to test the water."

She nodded and walked over to the main test tank sitting in the middle of the laboratory, eying it carefully. The tank was slightly taller than she was and about twice the length, filled with natural mineral elements swirling in the water. The lever of alkaloid molecules was crucial to the success of the new power core being tested, its round reaction sphere sitting in the middle of the mixture.

"If this works, we'll be life birthing a whole new source of energy," the male said with a wide smile.

"If it works," countered his female colleague, her long tail swishing back and forth nervously.

"Calm down, Lys," the male assured, joining her at the tank's side, "It'll work; we've tested this thing dozens of times, and with no mishaps."

"I know, Mica," Lys sighed, tapping her webbed foot, "I don't know why I'm feeling anxious."

"I know why, and it's not because of the power unit," Mica said, taking her into his arms, "It's about us starting a family breed of our own soon."

Lys pouted, "Do we have to do the ritual?"

"No," Mica laughed, "People don't do that, anymore. My parents did, but that was only because my grandparents were traditionalists and made them do it."

"Having to mate in front of the gatherers right after the joining vows," Lys muttered, shivering, "That's just creepy."

"It never stopped us from mating anywhere else and in front of others," Mica chided, making her cheeks blush a light jade.

"Yeah, but in front of your own family breed members?"

"Our ancestors wanted to make sure the joining of two people would be successful in producing offspring, that's all."

Lys huffed a laugh, "And having your parents watch you while you're mating was suppose to be beneficial? For me, that would kill the mood."

Mica laughed out loud at the archaic rituals of long past, then turned at the sound of his comptator beeping for his attention; the water test was complete. Checking over the results, he frowned, "Aw, wouldn't you know it."

"What's wrong? Don't tell me..."

Mica nodded at Lys's rolled up eyes, "The alkaloid level is down again, almost nine percent."

"Damn it all! We just raised the level yesterday!"

"And we're all out of alkaloid minerals; we used the last batch we had on another experiment."

Lys sighed heavily, "Oh, alright; we'll just have to do it the hard way. C'mon, get in the tank."

"More like the 'fun' way, don't you mean?" Mica asked, watching her remove her lab tunic.

"Don't be a smart ass, just get your tunic off and get in the tank with me," she said, making a face at him as she slipped the fabric off of her body and let it fall to the floor, leaving her bare.

Mica gazed at her beautiful body, admiring the teal coloring down her arms and legs and torso that curled around her curves in all the right places and accentuated the light pastel green tinge of her skin. Her full rounded breasts left little space in between them as two slits opened up and allowed her dark green nipples to protrude, hard and ready to be teased. Her smooth vaginal sac started to swell and turn a bright jade as it anticipated mating, and Mica definitely approved of her well rounded butt as she walked towards the scaffolding ladder near the tank, her long pad tipped tail twitching in time with her ass cheeks.

She paused on the ladder and gave him a scolding look, "Well? Are you coming, or are you just going to watch?"

Mica chuckled, shucking off his tunic and joined her on the ladder, his penile sac growing and bulging out at the sight of the female he loved climbing up to the top of the test tank. He reared up his tail and lightly spanked her bottom with the padded end, making her croak out a squeak.

"You behave," she scolded, "We are sci-techs after all, and this is for scientonetics."

"Yeah, right," he smirked back, smacking her butt again.

Giggling, Lys reached the top platform surrounding the tank's opening and tested the water with a webbed toe. Sitting on the platform, she eased her body into the bubbling water and allowed the warmth to seep into her skin.

"Ooh, it's nice and warm," she said, treading near the edge, "C'mon in."

Mica slipped into the tank and waded over to Lys, wrapping his arms around her and lovingly kissed her. Their long tongues entwined as their bodies heated up and slowly sank under the water line, Lys's orange hair fronds drifting about her head like a halo of wild sea kelp. Their padded fingers massaged each others bodies as their kisses became lustful, the gill slits behind their ears fluttering madly.

Lys reached down and caressed Mica's sac, urging his phallic shaft to emerge. He shuddered at her touch and, with the bulging sac parting down the middle, his penis peeked out and pushed passed the opening. Its fat dark green head mushroomed out, followed by the thick shaft attached to it, and it grew to long rigidness with the help of Lys's delicate finger pads.

Feeling its hardness, Lys became more excited and started to produce the natural alkaloids that seeped from the bodies of females during mating. Her nipples were stiff and pointing out from her chest as her vaginal sac parted the same way as Mica's, revealing an olive colored opening of soft wet folds of flesh.

Lys arched her body in delight as Mica looked down and flicked his lengthy tongue at one of her nipples, curling it around the bud and tugging at it gently. She in turn stroked his shaft, feeling it throb and twitch in her palm, making it flush plant leaf green. A white-blue dollop of fluid ballooned out of the head's urine slit and Lys dove after it, engulfing his member into her mouth and wrapping her own tongue around the shaft two or three times to tease him the way he teased her nipple.

Mica took her in his arms as she floated back up to eye level and kissed her deeply again, the tip of his phallus nudging against her open and inviting vaginal sac. Placing his penis head against the off-green lips, he slowly eased it into her opening, making her quiver as it stretched her inner walls. He put his hands on her ass and, with a gentle pull, drew Lys near and slipped the rest of his shaft inside of her.

Lys threw her head back and released a silent groan into the surrounding water, her gills fluttering and producing bubbles. As Mica, using the buoyancy of the water to assist him, pumped his hips into hers, Lys's skin brightened from a pastel green to a brilliant light lime. She was emitting the natural alkaloids from her body's skin glands as Mica stimulated her birth canal with his fat mating rod, and the comptator bleeped in response to their love actions as the mineral level increased.

Right in the middle of their mating, the doors to the lab opened and in walked the facility's minister and his aide.

"As soon as we get the word from Sci-tech Paag, I want all techs ready at their stations."

"Yes, Minister Zom," was the response.

"We'll need all safety comptators and back-ups at full readiness, all visicons at high resolate levels, and all recordits focused on the power core right from the start. We'll need a complete record for... what the...?"

That's when the minister and his assistant noticed the goings-on in the testing tank, Mica and Lys passionately embraced in mating-love and not aware that they had an audience.

"Oh, for the love of... let me guess, Maga: the alkaloid level is down, again."

"Must be," Maga snickered back, watching the two amorous sci-techs coupled together in mating heat. She felt a flush of excitement run through her as the pair increased the pace of their mutual thrusting, their tails flailing about and occasionally twisting together. Lys's body practically glowed with light green fire as she gave off more pheromone charged alkaloid and churned it into the water.

"Oh, for cryin' out loud," the minister groaned, placing his webbed hand over his eyes and shook his head, "They couldn't have found a better way to re-energize the tank water than this?"

Maga peered at the comptator's round monitor and commented, "The alkaloid level is just about back to where it should be, Boss; they should be done in a few minutes."

Her superior gave her a skeptical look, "They designed it this way on purpose so they'd have an excuse to fool around and mate; I know they did."

Maga laughed, "Aw c'mon, Darg; they're young and they're in love. And they're going to be newly-joined in a few weeks; give 'em a break."

Darg just shook his head again, rolling his yellow eyes up and whined, "Those two are going to be the end of me, I know it." and turned away, heading for the door with Maga snickering behind him.

"Don't you and your wife do crazy things like that?"

"When we were newly-joined, sure," Darg said, "At least their mating has a purpose here," he thumbed back at the two sci-techs in the tank, "Do you know how long it takes to filter out the alkaloids in our tank after Madi and I mate?"

"About the same amount of time as it takes everyone else," Maga countered, "And you don't have to mate in your sleep tank all the time, you know."

"We didn't once upon a time; we're too old for that, now."

"Nonsense, you're never too old for fun," she smirked, then asked, indicating the power core, "Do you still want to run the test in twenty minutes?"

Darg looked back at the mate-driven pair in the tank, then checked the chrono-band on his arm and sighed, "Better make it thirty minutes."

Again, Maga chuckled as she followed her boss out of the lab, sneaking in one last peek at the mating couple and smiling.

And once more, the loving sci-techs were alone to finish their mating, unconcerned that their act could produce offspring; females produced and expelled their eggs only once a month, and it wasn't Lys's cycle time for actual 'birth-mating'. Mica reared back and shuddered as his inner sperm sacs released their fluid into Lys's hot chamber, making her whole body thrash about covered in a bright green aura as she expelled her love fluids all over his penile shaft. They calmed down, the bubbles from their gills slowing, and simply held each other as they floated together in the afterglow of their love bonding.