All Comments on 'Thursday Nights - Conclusion'

by CeeeEsss

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I liked the first chapter better

This ending lacked resolution. She seemed almost unaware that anything had happened.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
awful weak shallow and lacking

Is it just me or is this Husband (jerry)seem alot like the John McCain Campaign? I ask that becasue like John McCain's presidential runof 2008 this husband character seems incapable of defending himself or uttering 1 coherent sentance.

<br></br>

First did y'all Notice that the wife never answers the 1st question -- have there been others..??.

<br></br>

Second the Tree scene where they finally talk was WEAK... very weak. All Jerry says <i>is NOW you want to talk? ...</i>

<br></br>

Jerry says NOTHING about the masisve Total long term emotional rejection she had giving him over the past months.

<br></br>

Jerry says Nothing about her gross over reactions to his slightest sexual comment.

<br></br>

<b>Cathy's VIOLENT reaction -- she actually Hits HIM!!-- to his suggestion that SHE leave is very insightful because it shows how weak and pitiful Jerry is. Cathy does not see the BIG picture that this is not about Just cheating with her Boss at work... becasue Jerry is not making that case to show why and how he is hurt!!! </b>

<br></br>

Another case... the wife is telling everyone Including his own Mom that she did Nothing wrong and that HE is trowing a temper tantrum!

<br></br>

How does Jerry react to this vile deceitful manipilation? He says Nothing to Sherry and when he finds out that hs own Mom is talking to Cahty behind his back...y he still says NOTHING.

<br></br>

I gave up on this wretche ending then the Mom said to Jerry "You need to forgive her Jerry. You know she was just doing anything she could to keep her job.."

<br></br>

Note how again the wimp husband <b>never</b> tells his own Mother how she cut him off sexually & emotionally for months .

<br></br>

Lastly the most offensive aspect is the confession that

Jerry's Dad cheated on his Mom but she stayed with him . Clearly the argument was being made thatsituaion between Jerrys' Parents is similar to Jerry and Cathy's situation.

<br></br>

That is of course total bullshit. From the descriptiont given by Jerry's Mom his dad Never cut off his sexual/ emotiona love for Jerrys' Mom. As chapter 1 showed that is NOT the case between Jerry's Mother and father. The fact that the idiot weak husband cannot make a coherent case about what Cathy did does not mean it did not happen!!!

skipperrskipperrover 15 years ago
The ending really ruined it

I enjoyed the first part of this story so much, that I looked over and over for the second part on the next day and was so disappointed that it wasn't there. When I finally saw it tonight, I couldn't wait to read it. And now I feel so let down. I not only did not like the ending, but it didn't really seem like much of an ending. I don't see anything being resolved or even pointed in a reasonable direction. What a waste that such an engaging story should end so poorly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ease Up Bucko's - The Man Is On His 1st Story

It was a good first effort, indicating sincerity in intention regarding marital consequence which is a strongly emotional arena.<P>

My suggestion author is that you pick and choose the constructive comments that will help you grow and discard [ Ignore ] the rest.<P>

Clearly you wrote of a child among women without confidence or the intention to grow stronger. There are such that we all know.<P>

As long as you write of life as you know it and learn the things by experience that each author has had to via the mistakes or constructive comments - things will slowly come into focus as you get better.<P>

With Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Losers all around

Sounds like women I've met. She is obviously insane yet hubby lets the kids go unsupervised with her? She asks hubby for a chance for reconciliation in a year at a meeting she shows up to with a date that she's letting drive her/their car? Why doesn't she just wear a big sign saying I'm an asshole and I'm emasculating you? The idiot takes her kids out on her dates while she's being divorced because of her adultery? And Hubby's not going ballistic and cutting off all funds, filing motion after motion to determine wife's fitness and anything and everything else, naming her boss and job if for nothing else but to creat enough problems there to get them both fired and maybe BD Wayne divorced, giving her as hard a time as possible about everything, beating on some one? Turn her into the cleaning lady. She appears to be sliding into worse. She admits to seeing a couselor; she is/was married and considers other guys toys and wants another year to play with her toys while she gets her act together. He doesn't get she's nuts from this? He hadn't been a total failure as a husband? What part? Surely not the part where he keeps letting his kids around the piece of garbage his wife has become? Is he going to wait til the kids come home with stories about orgies and drugs? By then it'll be too late for the kids. Fool!! When she hit him from behind he should have had her arrested on the spot and gone to the hospital: neck brace, body cast, cancer screenings, full 9 yards and more, of damages. He knew the marriage was over and there would be no reconcilliation. He might never get a chance for creating that kind of leverage on that idiot wife of his again (don't bet she wouldn't do that to him if the tables were turned). His Mom is a very realistic product of a dysfuntional life as Mom is a complete loser: she wants as bad as she got, for her son to have (not better, as bad or worse for her son). Can see from his role model how husband picked the insane piece of crap he wound up with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
It is easy enough to have written into the

visitation no dates or males can be present. The woman is a very immature child with no concept of reality or responsibility. Makes one wonder how he could have been married to her for twenty years and how he could have even considered having children with someone with her genetic structure. Then again, stupid is, as stupid does. I really wonder how she could have gotten support, otherwise known as alimony, when she was working and bringing in a paycheck. Concepts are simple,n you dont lkke the divorce laws in the state you are in, move to a state where the laws are more realistic and file there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
*Sigh*

weak men are such a turn off.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
Jerry should just get on with his life without her

I think that Jerry knows that "Fat Cock Wayne" wasn't the only swinging dick she was fucking around with.Wayne was the only one she was caught fucking. She already admitted that she was hanging in the bars, spending her allowance before her next check came, so she hasn't changed her life style. The new boyfriends his daughter spoke of would be enough to seek litigation to keep her away from her small children, having them exposed to another one of her sordid affairs. She has the mentality of a cheating 16 year old, not really grasping on to what it means to be a responsible parent. Then there is the young guy who was driving her car in the park, you know a young stud isn't wanting just a friend, she will be lucky if she isn't pregnant within a year, from anyone she will drag into her bed. She is a slut, born a slut and will die a slut. He is lucky to be rid of her. The second chapter was really written well and it brought out the grief that was happening to Jerry, and what he had to deal with by being the responsible parent.Thanks for the very good story....Rich

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
The wife got off lightly.

Even as an old romantic fool I could never go back to this wife. As someone said she does need help, but not a councilor, no she needs help from inside a hospital with padded walls. As others have said she is a child in an adults body. If I was the husband I would fight tooth and nail to restrict custody, who knows what she will expose the children to. And as for her saying about taking a year to get her shit together, well she didn't do it in 17 years of marriage what makes her think she will do it in 1 year?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
So what

is this story all about? Written by a man? Maybe. Very immature woman for one who has been married for 17 years and raised children. So immature I think she was anybody's who wanted to make a pass at her. Having said all that, well written.

itmgr2010itmgr2010over 15 years ago
Liked it.

Good story and well written. Honest emotions and realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Enjoyed it, but

wife is a slut, without hubbie around she is like a kid in cany stoe and he is watching her teeth rot out. He needs to be very careful about access to his kids, I'd give her less not more and never with other men, thats stupid. Hopefull he has moved on and is over her cause she is gone and wouldn't come back even if he wanted her too. Writing a little hard to follow in part 2 but still well done, Thanks!

stlcrisstlcrisover 15 years ago
sad story

sad little story,well written,sad realy for all envolved,mom husband,wife,&three kids.i would give her the year if......she got her own apt away from her slut sister,got a new job,went to counseling every week,and NO dating plus monthly family meetings to so hubby &kids could judge her progress.........big dick wayne &i would meet ,,,id tell him so, but not when!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sad but fitting ending

This is an excellent story, especially the ending. The only little quibbles are her weekend a month with the children and, more importantly, a younger man pulling up in her car while they talked. Isn't that a bit of overkill? Usually the spouse has every other weekend rather than one weekend per month, which seems to be the rule of Literotica law. Please keep submitting.

gusteufgusteufover 15 years ago
good first story...

Sometimes this crowd can be a little brutal in their reactions. Do not take the worst comments to heart. Your story was a great first effort. Well written and emotional, that is the real test of the commentators reactions. Except for a very few, who will just give you a 4 letter comment. Most will give good or bad reactions to the outcome or personalities of your 'characters in your story' They are making an emotional response to your writing. Either they like the ending or wish for a different outcome is irrelevant. You have succeeded in engaging them. I have my own feelings about the characters actions and thought process's.(lol) However... good story and I would enjoy your next effort. Please remember, It is your story, your effort, your outcome. Do not write to please anyone else, because you will never please them all.

looking forward to your next...

Gus

BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
Enjoyed it

Good story and an enjoyable read. Ending a bit weak maybe, but in real life, that's how things are.

If you had got him to shoot her at the end, you would have got higher marks, but that would have been stupid.

Please continue writing, and write what you think.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
Nicely done.

Legal details and imaginary family law aside, this is a well told story. Cathy does recognize her immaturity, or at least parrots some therapists opinion. Hubby does the responsible thing for his kids. Getting revenge on Cathy or Wayne is the wrong way to go if the kids are his first concern. I was surprised that the Hanson's were not more involved in chapter 2. You seemed to be intimating that there was something going on there. Becky could also have known more than she was saying. Jerry's Mom seems like many women, willing to put up with disrespect because she thinks she loves the guy. Well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
disappointed

As a first it is well written, but even so, the first part created more expectations. In my opinion, as in the eyes of several others here, the ending could have been much stronger. Don't see how a woman, after being married for so long and having raised children, could be considered so immature to compare her to a 16 year old in a candy store. I think it's bullshit. She wanted the toys and went for it. Even after being separated, she would not stop. Even up to the point of showing her children she was seeing different

men over a week's time. Fine example of responsible parenthood. I can't understand either what that year was all about, why should he wait to move on. So that she could "get her shit together and show him how much she loved him". What a joke that was when her current boyfriend drove up with her car. Apparently, all she wanted to do was ask him for financial support while she intended to continue having a "good time". Like others pointed out too, in his shoes, I would be concerned about the impact of her behaviour on the children. I have said it before, a story is what the author makes of it, with the ending of his choice. And I agree that many of us react emotionally to a story. There's nothing wrong with that, that's just the strength of a story, to get the readers involved emotionally. I think I would have done something to get back at bossman Wayne, even if it was only to expose their affair and if possible to get him fired. If it started as the mother implied that she had to do anything to save her job, it's likely that other women were or had been in the same situation. You see, this story held much more potential then what came out of it. Maybe in a sequel, where he tells her to go to hell, ask full custody of the children, takes some belated revenge on Wayne, or whatever you come up with. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
enjoyed your story

I have enjoyed your story. i hated to see it end. You leave me wondering what later happened with the husband. That is what makes your stordy good it makes you believe that it is real.

Keep on writing can't wait for more of your stories.

Tim

cageyteecageyteeover 15 years ago
I have commented before that we need . . .

some new approaches for LW stories. I think you write very well. As I said in my last comment, it's hard to believe you area "beginner". Overall, It was an excellent read with none of the "cliches" we have been so used to seeing in LW. I am very hopeful that you will continue to write and that you will further develop your style.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 15 years ago
Pretty good portrayal of a narcissistic woman

Concerning all of the "weak hubby" comments - you are wrong. I went through a similar situation and it is very difficult to have responsibility for the kids and watch your wife then ex wife behave this way (my ex is now on hubby no. 5 - she married some of her playmates). It is easy to theorize about not being weak or wimpy but there's no guidebook on how to behave when you are put into this situation. I think CS's portrayal is pretty accurate. Just because the story ends with Jerry in total limbo doesn't mean that he'll stay that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Don't leave us hanging like this.Finish your story

You've written a good story but there should be more chapters. You can't leave us hanging like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Odd

That was indeed an odd ending. Not bad, just odd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow, a real ending!

Excellent story with a rational ending. No stupid revenge or unbelievable overwelmning sorrow. There as a few nickpicking things, such as the toyboy at the end interested in an older woman not wearing makeup, but these are minor, thanks!

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Good Work

We do not have to know what happened for the story to end.

For me, he has restructure the visitations because she can not expose the kids to her life style without disastrous long term results. Basically she did not even want to come back anymore!

But it does sound very realistic!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 15 years ago
Endings and sequels are always difficult . . .

I think this story was pretty well written but the plot was weak in spots. If one looks at the comments, it is really the plot that upsets some of the readers, not the writing. It was my feeling that the "hero" of the story was very detached, as if he were observing the events from a distance. Maybe this was his defense mechanism, a way of insulating himself from the awful emotions (besides anger) stirred up by his wife's cheating and betrayal. His mother is nuts and obviously does not understand his feelings. His "wife" is living a dual life and somehow thinks her life is some sort of game. She really does not feel remorse for hurting her husband of 17 years, for breaking up their family, for creating problems for her children (there is no doubt children are worse off in a broken home, no matter the visitation arrangements -- children are caught in the middle of the conflict even if both parents say they still love the children -- children sometimes wonder inwardly if it was their fault their parents fought and broke up). Here little sob one time, her request that nothing be finalized for one year -- how ridiculous and immature for her to say something like this. One thing is true, women can easily get sex but not so easily get love, yet love and a stable relationship are usually what women want. Men can't get sex as easily (unless they want to pay for it -- some would say marriage is one form of paying for it) and put children into the mix, well, it is even more difficult for a man to develop a new relationship in that setting. I think a follow-up story could be written as there really are some loose ends. Enjoyed this story despite my perception of plot weaknesses.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Stupidity

"Will you give me a year to get my shit together? I mean, will you not get married to someone else before I've had a chance to show you how sorry I am? I need to do something good with my life."

"Why?" "I need a year to fuck everyone I come into contact with. So I can show you the kind of love you will get if you ever take me back."

The first thing I would have done when I was talking with my mother was throw her out as well. She sided with my slut wife and I would never let her see her grandkids again. I would also not give a dime to my slut wife. The buck stops here. I would also never speak to her again. Why do the men in these stories always need to hear the details of the infidelity? Move on with your life. Sue the boss for alienation of affection and take him to the cleaners. If your wife is a whore you might as well get paid for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
You have created one more WIMP for literotica

readers. Why oh why ...when the wife cheats does the "MAN" always play bad with the errant wife but he never does what a real man would do..and that is to kick the other man's ass. Wetland knew that Cathy was married and there fore knew that he was fucking another man's wife. He was playing alpha male against the husband. Wetland used a dumb crusty driping cunted dumb ass woman to get at the husband. Since you wrote the story yoiu must not have any idea of what gonads are...you are a beta male...not an alpha.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 15 years ago
I agree with Vulcan in Ohio...

about a sequel. Kathy was never an adult but that is not a reason for reconciliation. Actually, when you look at the ending Kathy was a threat to her children. Anytime a woman go from man to man every week eventually she will be selected by some predator who will not live according to her civilized rules. It is clear that shaving her pussy was not her idea. She abandoned her kids on Thursday afternoons. To fuck her boss on the one night they had alone showed that she no longer respected or cared for Jerry. The fact that in the end she still wanted Jerry to run her life showed that whether it is one year or 10 years she was not going to change. What is not clear is what was the trigger event for Kathy? It seemed so abrupt - a neighbor having sex on Thursdays? That event caused her to switch "Masters" from Jerry to Wayne? While I agree that a mother should not be excluded from her kids's lives she does not have the right to cause confusion and chaos. Overall, an excellent story!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 15 years ago
New writer of LW stories does well

The first things I want to say is I think you have a talanet to write fictional stories. I found this offering a good try at a Loving Wife style story, but I just didn’t feel the emotion coming to me as I read the story. It was a little bit light on taking my mind into the scenes and giving me the feeling of rage or disgust of even the hotness of the moment. <P> I believe the actions of the hero are matter of fact and any descriptions of his feelings in the dialogue are not shown consistently. <P>The final outcome is almost a forgone conclusion, as the wife has no remorse over her actions just over being caught. This is a story of a very disturb psyche and as manipulative as she is deceitful so she is definably not a complete moron as her final dialogue portrays her.<P>

Keep writing as you do structure it well. Everyone says you improve with practice and I hope you make other fantasy stories for we readers to enjoy<P>

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
while

most of the story was really good, the end seems strange. she will grow up and allready another guy is driving her car and fucking her? I would not let the children to her mom if she has 10 lovers a week to grow up. that could be really disturbing for little kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Documentary of rape in reverse

Nicely written, however, while its nice to have the male lead character be the strong silent type and to "be above it all", many readers feel that when he becomes a human doormat (gets walked over and does absolutely nothing about it) by an oversexed, manipulative bitch it is spelled W-I-M-P. This guy becomes merely an observer in his own life. Hubby gets screwed, pays for it and doesn't even get a kiss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
u need to make up your mind.

before you write your story, decide what the people in your story want, what motivates them... the wife in your story makes no sense whatsoever. Wanted to candy in the window, felt good cheating behind his back... was upset when he found out?? even though he was already asking her about it... then she wants a year... but she is taking dates out with her kids. I almost stopped reading at that point. If you make someone's behavoir just so ridiculous that they must be psychotic... then your readers will just not care what happens to anyone. I've also yet to ever meet a grandmother that is so slanted... they typically care about the grandchildren.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Pretty good...

Your story was well written but the characters needed to be fleshed out a little. I didn't feel her reasons for cheating were enough. I like the author to get into the heads of all the major characters so I can better understand the motives of their actions. All in all, still a pretty good story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
and the husband is a wimp -why again?

It was actually a very good story. The husband was mature and responsible enough to have his life priorities set in order AND at the same time had the emotional strength to achieve them with the least damage to his children. He does not need to win any loud but futile arguments. In his way he gets every thing he needs for his new life (the custody over the children, quick divorce and the house) while cutting his losses - he is mature enough to realize that it's too late to reform his wife or his life with her and quietly insists that his marriage to her is over. He realizes that his wife request for ‘a year of suspense’ of his personal life is simply another childish attention getting maneuver on his soon to be ex part and is giving her the equivalent of “yes yes what ever you say" (the divorce is forthcoming regardless. <P>

SO, how again is he an inarticulate wimp and all the other attributes the other commentators had thrown at him? Do not forget that the best interest of the children requires a functional mother, not a bitten body in whore house in Bangkok…

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good First Start

It was a good first story but I think the ending could have been stronger. I still did like it and will look for you next one. Thanks for the words and time.

RealDocRealDocover 15 years ago
NEEDS A FINAL CHAPTER

I enjoy your stories. Each is well written and believable. The ending BEGS or another chapter to complete the story. Please write a real conclusion. This one left all of us up in the air and no place to land.

ohioohioover 15 years ago
some good things here

Especially for a first story. Good writing, engaging situation, certainly one cares about the husband and what his wife puts him through. However, as others have pointed out, her behavior is beyond selfish and immature, beyond narcissistic, almost to the point of insanity--which makes it hard to take the story very seriously.

Thanks for writing--I look forward to more stories. ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
one more chapter

i think this story needs more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I agree

It was a great story but i agree with the other comments and would like to see one more chapter. Please keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
why he didn't go after wayne

you as a writer,you make the hubby weak and wimpy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WHY didn't he go after Wayne????????

I guess I was just staring into space, trying to process what had gone wrong with my marriage. Ceeeessss you molded the husband after your little politically correct cowardice. Why didn't he go down and have a real nice chat with Wayne...I mean a real nice chat like when I got finished he would no longer be big cock Wayne. You wimp writer are all alike. You get real bad with the errant wife but you can't stand to have the husband defend his pride. Would you either quit trying to write or if you persist then give the husband some gonads...nah...you are just a politically correct little wimp and can only write about wimps. Or maybe you are too much of a coward and only come down on the little wife...Really I don't blame her is he was such a wimp.marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
One Final Chapter

Great story so far but lacking a final conclusion. A definitive end would as to what happened during the upcoming year would solidify the story. Does the husband become a total wimp or does she grow up and really see what she has done.

glk19glk19almost 15 years ago
terrible

another wimp ass story

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Yes the husband was/is a wimp.

The first thing I would have done. I mean the very first thing I would have done is to have went to Cathys work, reguardless of whether or not I had thrown her out of the house. I would have went to see old Wayne...Of coursze the dumb ass writer has to stretch the story out and it is against his little politically correct liberal ass thinking to do it But even if i didn't knock him on his ass I would have made a lot of noise and told him in no uncertain terms to leave Cathy alone till I divorced her. Until then he was fucking with my wife and i didn't like it. But does he do this NOOOOOOOOooooooo. the writer is so fuzzy brained and I can see just why the husband's character, which came from his (mind?)was so dumb. It was because that the writer(if you can call it that)itself is so dumb and cluless and dunb and cluless can only write dumb cluless stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Needs Aftermath

Good plot, but i think you should wrote one year later a new girl for the dude.Make a substitute mother for her 3 children.The bitch will pay...

willyb220willyb220almost 15 years ago
Mostly good, but

It tailed off after the meet in the park. Did he go back and talk to her? Did he say the things he said he wanted to say?

From the point where he left the picnic table, and saw the other man in her car, the story just seemed to fade away. I don't think another chapter is needed, just some crisping up of the last few paragraphs. Other than that, a good job. (2X)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmm

Lacks ending, will there be one?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Outstanding story

I can't believe there have been so many negative comments about this story. This husband was not wimpy. Far from it. If anything, this guy was almost super human in his self control and facility for placing his kid's welfare before his own. However, I also would have appreciated it if the husband had been more assertive in his dialog with the wife, mother, and neighbor. Why hold all his feelings in? Emotional dialog is the real soul of "cheating wife" stories, not descriptions of sex acts.

Simple49erSimple49erover 14 years ago
I think the complaints come from

the complete lack of resolution at the end. To many plot lines wee left unfinished and clearly the author has abandoned this story. However, that is the author's choice just as it our choice to complain about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
This ended in pure shit!!

There was no ending and the slut finds a boy toy as a reward for her betrayal, what a piece of shit!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Too Real

The sad part about this story is that it's all too real. I'm guessing that this author is relating to us a story about a real life person who this actually happened to. The careful wording used between both parents and the children shows a sensitivity that is too real to be fictional.

Sadly, this story probably plays itself out in real life at least 20 times a day in America, and probably more so in the rest of the Western world. Girls are not being trained up to be proper wives and mothers anymore, because of the predominance of broken families and the "me" generation that raises them. The author never really went into any detail about the effect this behaviour by the wife had on the children, but rest assured, having lots of immature boyfriends hanging around will eventually alienate them from their mother.

As in most of these cases where the change in the wife is not immediate, this girl has zero chance at reform, and sadly, her life will go nowhere but downhill from the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Very weak ending. She is still fucking around and asks her husband for 1 years grace to con tinue to fuck around. She is now sampling a younger c*ck and expects him not to move on with his life. Get Real. Youe ending makes me so mad. Yes he has beautiful kids and he is young but he needed to kick her to the curb and tell her to F off when she asked foer the grace period. Please repost with a firmer, stronger ending. All you creativity just fell flat in the rushed ending. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
how much wife charge,most whores charge something

get a life for the hubby and move on.

fausttusfausttusalmost 14 years ago
Rushed ending

Good Story, But the ending did seemed rushed.

thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Write next about how he met the real love of his life and moved on

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
great story of cheating and despair

I loved the descent of both the husband and wife in this story to utter hell. This is a very well written and well thought out story. My only quibble was the "immaturity" excuse on the wife's part. I agree it is a valid excuse, I just thought the author dropped the ball in explaining it in a cogent manner.

Everything else in this story was top notch from the delicious tension of finally discovering the infidelity, the tender relationship and responsibilities with the children and lovely story of their marriage. Well done! Thank you!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Query

Good story but you left loose ends... Why did she do it on their Thursday's, you'd think he'd challenge her on all the boyfriends of late, why would he go into a holding pattern for a year while she fucks around... I see a need for you to continue this tale.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Pretty good story.

It was really kind of sad. There was quite a lot about the wife's activities that was not explained. There certainly didn't seem to be much remorse. Thanks for sharing.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
WHY THE HELL?

Did fat cock Wayne get away without any damage? Again the hubby pays the price and the slut lives a new life at his expence. Awfully one sided CeeeEsss. R.T.

teh568teh568about 13 years ago
Maybe

If you told the readers what happened they would not have been so disapointed in the ending. Come on, she gets here soon to be ex-husband to maybe wait for one year for her to 'get her head on straight', but then she has a different guy pick her up...IN HER OWN CAR! If she had driven herself or maybe introduced the driver in an innocent way, maybe she would have a chance. I know, not likely, mainly because of him finding out about her going out with so many different men when she claims to want to get back together with him.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
Just one question

why would you give a bitch that basicily fuck another man in front of you a year to get her head right..............fuck her and move on you moron.

Ani100Ani100about 13 years ago
Ok Idea …

… but let down by the skimping style of the writing. It's as if you tried to write a slow burner, but then slipped over the salient points. You ended up creating no tension, no deceit and in the end pretty much no one would care.

The protagonist was a bit self-righteous but didn't even have a good word to say about his Mother who put her life on hold to help him with the kids. There was no detail in the affair or the discovery of the affair, no plan to put matters right, no payback, sure the wife had to leave, but that could have been contested in real life. You hinted at the neighbours thinking he was to blame (bad temper) nothing was done to put that right and these same neighbours were good friends with the kids he wanted to protect - he didn't want to change things for the kids so they would continue being friends but as he didn't talk they would be going to a family that would think him in the wrong, and who knows might even be persuaded to conspire with the wife … that could've added an element of tension suspense and drama and for him to be vindicated.

It was all a bit like setting up to write something longer and then you decided you didn't have time.

You can write well enough in terms of language, but this came across as ill-thought out and rushed, sorry to be harsh. I hope you find it to be constructive criticism rather than just knocking you. It is meant to be constructive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Really a PATHETIC story..no "pretty good" about it.

Cheating slut of a wife. Story treated her too gently. While an old story, hopefully if author decides to write again the author gives the husband some balls.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND NOW SHE WANTS A NEW DEAL

and another year of indeciscion, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWhuecuck is so stupid

it takes him an hour to cook minute rice

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
A plea to LW authors: create intelligent males.

With all the angst about his marriage, this man had the usual lack of curiosity about his wife's life and activities. As one anon commenter notes, he too weak to be able to or unwilling to mature or to change his life outlook. That at least is a realistic idea about the character. What we react to in the story is inconsistencies between the characters' expressed values/morals and their actions. It helps to develop those ideas so they fit the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good Story

He had to deal with the infidelity of a woman he loved. He had to deal with her lies, her being devious and absolute disrespect.

He had to deal with a Mother who attempted to chastize him into taking her back.

He was a man's man, in that he kept his mouth shut to everyone about her cheating.

He concentrated on the kids and did not go ballistic when he discovered she took the kids out accompanied by her date. He said nothing when she admitted that she and her sister went out a couple of times a week.

In the end, his analysis was accurate, she had no morale ethics, hadn't grown up and was having random sex, her new toy liked loud rap music?

I almost didn't finish this story, it seemed liked there was going to be some justification but I totally agree with the ending...a man, he did what was necessary and readers need to remember, a man is more emotionally unstable than a woman when it comes to cheating. His kids will keep him alive, vibrant and eventually - with time, he'll stumble into someone else.

Thanks!

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
A Tough , Unflashy but Real Ending

No theatrics here. This was painful enough to read on it's own. It would have been intriguing to follow the narrator for the part of the journey as he ideally learns to live & trust again. The author chose not to do that & I'm left wanting a little bit more. Maybe though, that's how it schould be. I do want to thank the author foe sharing .

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
"If Cathy did as she wanted to do" sums it up....

She created the mess that she was in, but I don't think she "wants" to clean it up. She will expect others to conform to her desires. Jerry is correct in not giving her a year to "work things out". It's a pipe dream of Cathy's, that sounds great, but I can't imagine her ever following through with her promise to grow up. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Just love the way counellors turn things around and blame the husband.Thewife is a no good cheaitn whore of a slut who will only cheagt again and again if she thinks a guy ahas a bigger cock than her husband. You made him weak and spineless by giving in to the heatless bitch

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Thanks

For not giving us a reconciliation. She was a fucking stupid cheating wife whore with the mentality of a child. No matter how many counselors she had seen it would never make her grow up.

I hate cheating wives.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
A pissing ending

would be stating that the ending was better than what it was. She was a lying cheating slut. You don't talk to lying, cheating sluts. You either fuck them or divorce them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WTF

was the point of all of that? I don't understand why you would even write that story!? I just don't really see its purpose!?!?

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Uhhhhhh ...... What?

Sorry but this left me scratching my head and trying to figure put just what you were or wanted to say. Needs a serious bit of rewrite, especially for the end.

Ouch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The writer can write but he didn't bother to write a good story. Too many useless details in the story with no conclusion.

Mostly it was a time waste.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
The story was pointless

Cheating low life mentally ill brain damaged skank has affairs. She abandons marriare children and husband. Husband is a wimpy Jack ass with no manhood. Where is the meat???

avidfaavidfaalmost 11 years ago
Outstanding story

The story is told in a low-key, understated way, more emphasis on the feel and rhythm of real life than fictional moments of drama.

Of course, I would have preferred a more definitive ending, but this one had so much of the texture of reality it just stays with me.

What stands out more than anything, though, the jewel that sparkled for me months after I first read this, was this: "The longer we sat and talked, the more I wondered how Cathy had managed a home and three children. Maybe that was the whole problem. She hadn't managed." There are truths about our spouses we overlook at first in our enthusiasm of hopes of what could be, and sometimes these truths turn out to be, in the end, the defining reality.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

What a stupid cunt.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

This story ended much the way real life does . . . With no real answers. Sometimes people just act selfishly for no good reason. That makes it more heart breaking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pussy-whipped

Yep! the 4th blind mice err.. pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry tale

And given the laws in the US and unlikely tale too. No way can hubby kick her out of the house. Even a lousy lawyer would have gotten that changed. Probably with hubby out of the house. In the divorce she would have gotten custody, child support and maintenance. He would have gotten an efficiency apartment. I realize that this is a fictional tale, but reality has to peak in there somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Another fucked up ending.

FINISH THE DAMN STORY!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
dense hubby and retard of a wife.

let boss off the hook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Women

This is one fucked up woman. She got a taste of some strange cock and she is a cock she hound now. She wants a year, No fucking way. Put here cheating ass through college. She will become the college slut whore. Just remember a woman is just life support for a pussy.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
Why are you so afraid of endings?

Just because your life is still on-going does not mean that a story you write cannot have an ending. This story, for example, is a solid 4+ in my opinion; but my voting finger had only made as far as 3 when I suddenly fell off the cliff at the end.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Decent story

I liked this story. It didn't have a clear ending, but real life usually doesn't. I admit that I would like to see if she grows up and gets her life together. I doubt that there will be a reconciliation, although some authors have surprised me with making impossible reconciliations happen while keeping the story realistic. I like reconciliation stories, but I think this one is too far gone to become one.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Needs a real ending

This one just fizzled out.

tae352001tae352001about 10 years ago
5 stars

need chapter 3 need closure

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
needs another

well done, but needs another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
another chapter?

reality, if this more than a story. The husband should have been quick on his feet, first continue to question while she was drunk(1), get a few details, like where, you know when. bring her home not let her stay in the hotel over night.. why? so you can gather more against her boss with out drawing attention, and giving her enough rope to hang herself. Next costly, hire a PI to investigate and document. since divorce was looming once discovery was made, continue home life without disclosing your knowledge. Fact here, he threw her out, fact check, many states, no legal standing, in the divorce the mother would gain custody, house and half of anything of the husband unless the husband can prove legal conduct detrimental to the children's welfare. accusations don't do it. Convictions or pending trials.. I know from my personal experience. As for this one year, that is her sister talking, if he allowed the 1 year, even for counseling, she can go and re evaluate the divorce, get the college money, the house and custody and alimony plus support. Since first (maybe) boy toy Wayne is gone, the husband lost his chance for alienation of affection? again maybe. but now a younger boy toy.. give up the year, move on and tell her to shove counseling. Her explaination was her sisters point of view, and feeling like she was a daughter? that is an excuse, not mental state, clearly she will never accept responsibility for her actions and conduct. Sad, I would have said work it the fuck out, but now another man is in her life already I say forget it move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
divorce protection

I agree in protection of all marriages, make it a crime to cheat or commit adultery or engage with anyone married. instead of the 50/50 split, allow the husband a 70/30 or 80/20 with more damages from Wayne and lets see how many want to cheat. and how many men or women would pursue a married person even if they are smoking hot as described in Chapter 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You need to close this out with anothe chapter.

we need to know what happened, was that a nigger in a car waiting for her? If so what happened to her and her life. Also we need to know what happened to the husband and kids. Please finish this story

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
BUT THE REAL TRUTH IS

what to do once the doors have been opened, TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
re: Sorry tale

pretty stupid comment, learn the laws in the US before to make a stupid comment

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
depressing

she doesn't get it. It is not about the toys in the window.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ignore the previous comment

I too was disappointed when Cathy turned out to be "damaged" and there would be no possibility of reconciliation, but, hey, sometimes life is like that. A negative review, without a signature, written in all caps like a 12-year old, should just be ignored. Your writing is fine. Pls continue.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous