All Comments on 'Tipping Point Ch. 03'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
GREAT F.....G Story

Creative, adult, real feeling, get's the details well, excellent pacing. You the Man, coaster2

lancewmlancewmabout 14 years ago
Fantastic Story

It just keeps getting better!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
nice flow

This story just gets more interesting with each chapter.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Excellent Story

A good normal man discovering that he can make more out of his life after forty than he or his wife imagined. Personally I could take an even larger dose of details and reflections but I suspect that many colleagues would growl at the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
More good reading in Chapter 3.

Jerry in Washington State, USA - I was surprised to see that you have two chapters posted and available to read today. I look forward to Chapter 4, but wanted to comment on Chapter 3 while the story is still fresh in my mind. I generally prefer longer chapters, but I feel the length and pacing of your chapters works well enough for me. I like the addition of Teresa to the story and like how you are taking it slow so far on a possible romance. I also like how the future job prospects are being covered in a nice detail - again without rushing events too quickly. Thanks for continuing to make me care about Stan - he reminds me of a person I would have enjoyed being a friend to. The ice skating / hockey doesn't interest me, but it won't keep me from enjoying the rest of this journey that Stan is experiencing.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
AFTER CLIMBING THE LADDER WITH THE NEW START

work ethics and luck has to be considered, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Email as evidence

FYI, a printed copy of an email is only evidence that a communication occurred. What is evidence, is the email itself. Also, instructions/guidelines on the company intranet could also be used as evidence of unlawful work conditions

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Sylvia

I find Sylvia's sudden concern for her family curious. While there is always the "you don't know what you have till it's gone" factor, if she had shown a FRACTION of her current concern earlier, they wouldn't be in the situation they're in now.

I do wonder a bit a Stan's reluctance towards a possible reconciliation.

Assuming she isn't/wasn't cheating, if she is willing to have a honest discussion about how her job is affecting the family and make appropriate changes, why COULDN'T they make a go of it?

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE DUMBEST THING ANYONE CAN DO

is to lie to themselves. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
possible reconciliation?

The trouble I have with the whole idea of him reconciling with Sylvia is that for several years she has lived off of his income while putting her income (which was as much as his) away and treated him like an unwelcome nuisance in their home.

What it looks like is that she planned on a life without him in the future.

She was using him and lost respect for him because of it.

He wasn't a partner to her, he was a tool to get what she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You are LONG WINDED, so much left in that doesn't need to be there.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 4 years ago
Eats, shoots, and leaves!

Maybe author should read title book. Good story, but inappropriate comma use causes some confusion by changing sentence meaning.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Note to foreign writers…find aout a little more about US business law. NO ONE starts a one man company by incorporating. Ohio, and most other states, have Limited Liability Companies. Every small business in Ohio is an LLC. Also, unlike most socialist countries and states, I do not believe Ohio has the unspecified labor laws outlawing the unspecified “rules”. Perhaps we’ll be provided some concrete examples but so far a rather weak plot device.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous