All Comments on 'Tipping Point Ch. 08'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Much enjoy how the story is developing

Jerry in Washington State, USA - I re-read the first 7 chapters and returned to my earlier rooting for Stan as the main character and am back to fully enjoying your entire story so far. I was comparing your story TOO MUCH to the divorce of my first marriage almost 25 years ago and didn't stop to realize that everyone handles divorces and new relationships differently. I like how Stan is handling both his business and personal life in this new chapter. He seems to be embracing his new life and making excellent decisions. I did appreciate the scene of him talking to Teresa - that is the Stan I thought I knew from early in the story. I care about Stan's future in both his business and his personal life, so I much look forward to the next chapter / chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very Good

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
critque

I advise to leave off the padding and hyping fems

size14shoesize14shoeabout 14 years ago

I like the way you present women as fine, competent people. Too many of us treat women as toys or something to fuck who must at all times be fauning over the man in her life. If all we knew about women was what we read in Lit, they would all be beautiful sluts with big tits and a fine ass looking for strange cock on their girls night out.

If praising Dody's attitude and competence is "hyping women" then so be it. TFB Sue does sound a little too good to be true but that view only reflects the type woman I spend time getting to know.

when I decided to comment on this story, I didn't intend to get on a soap box. I find the story engaging and like another commenter I am admiring Stan and find him to be "cool." What is missing for me is any suspence or, as Laura in another story would say, tension. So far very few surprises of consequence. I will continue this vein of critique "on the back line."

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nice story

I have been enjoying the story and while others have commented that there has not really been any suspense, or tension in the story thus far, I don't think that needs to be in a story just to add that element. Sometimes people make their own luck, or good fortune and life is smooth as they work hard for success.

Sue is probably a little too good to be true, but I would have liked to have met her about twenty years ago and they are out there. I also appreciate the portrayal of Sue as a very competent, self sufficient woman. There are many like her, but usually they are married to someone already.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

DeckviewDeckviewabout 14 years ago
I agree that a lot tension is not necessary, but....

No tension is necessary if writting a short biography, but life does involve tension. It is how we learn and grow. Tension in stories adds to their interest. The art is to balance the right amount for the type of story. A thriller needs constant life and death tension and action, while a literary novel requires much less tension, and tension of a different kind -- the tension involved in the growth of people in relationships. This story is beautifully written and does have a certain amount of personal and relationship tension, but I do believe more tension and resolution could have turned this into something great, although longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
What happened to the lawsuit against F&C?

You earlier stated that the lawyer wanted to handle that first, but I never saw any settlement or trial. That would be a good way to keep a little tension in the story.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Very fine writing, I was hoping to learn....

.....more about Sylvia and less about machine engineering but not sad I took the time. Don't care about Sue unless she goes all Sylvia on him. Gotta bug now though, I too need some tenSION!

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Just keeps rolling along!

It is an interesting trip with a lot of cool people living well except in the

first chapter. The tension could exist in our own minds. What if Sue, was not Sue? What if something like the bank or a big customer failed? In life you see many people do a perfect job on the mission given to them and then be kicked to the curb by external factors, war, economic oscillations and volcanos are the first things that come to mind....

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NOW THAT LIFE BECOMES SMOOTHER

watch out for lumps and bumps in the carpet, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Telephone Support

Why doesn't he make money when he consults over the phone? That's a legitimate value-added activity that he has every right to charge for. He's still saving the client the cost of a site visit!

How can he be so unsure of Sue's response? She's made it abundantly clear that she is VERY interested in him!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous